Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra (52972 Views)

History Of Tribal Wars Between Igbo And Yoruba In Nigeria Since 1946 (part One) / #soundoff: The Glaring Difference Between Stella Oduah And Babatunde Fashola / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Eluwilussit(m): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
asorocker:

What of the Igbo areas in benue, cross rivers and parts of opobo, Bonny are they no longer genuinely part of igbo land

U dey mind the guy. Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu was from Okpanam in today's Delta State. He fought with Biafra. Victor Banjo wasn't Igbo but fought for Biafra and paid the ultimate price. It is a misinformation to say that Igbos in other non-Igbo territories did not support Biafra.

Besides, we do not need a clarification on Igbos and Biafra. As long as I am concerned, Igbos are biafrans, and biafrans are Igbos in today's Nigeria(the way things are right now). Just because not every Igbo person supports ipob doesn't mean that it is not an Igbo thing.

If the Igbos want to go their own way, I don't see any issue there. Nigeria can survive without the Igbos and vice versa. Though we are better off as a United Nigeria.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Tripleclick(m): 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
ajademola2000:
Ijaw people are not slave in Nigeria, though I don't know about Igbos
IF IJAWS ARE NOT SLAVES.. WE SHUD NOT HV HEARD ABOUT NIGER DELTA MILITANTS FIGHTN AGAINST A GOVERNMENT OF A COUNTRY
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by solash: 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Land grabber oshi. Tell me more about my own state. Onye ara. Come and take land let us see na.
You don't have to rant like a mad person in order to drive home whatever point you have.

"My own State" "My own state" Hahaha!
This is a faceless forum and anybody is at liberty to claim anything.

Besides, this is not the first time a miscreant would be claiming to come from Akwa Abasi Ibom state only for us to discover otherwise.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ideology(m): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
Afam4eva:

This one cannot even get an education as simple as it is.

How much did you collect to make that up,
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ColeworldMD(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
FisifunKododada:
cool I doesn't matter. Biafra will never happen. Igbos are not ready for another war and Nigeria is not willing to let anybody go. It is interesting that when GEJ saturated every corner of his government with Igbos, we never saw ONE SINGLE march by IPOB. As soon as Buhari was elected they held a massive march in Aba. This is WHY most Nigerians, who can used their brains, see this current Biafra agitation as mere bad belly against Buhari. ITS 100% political - and hence we don't take them seriously. Wait until 2019 and present your candidate. Until then, Shut the fvck up - Ndi ara.
Admittedly there's no such thing as a perfect culture or tribe but the problem with the Ibo people is GREED this is the simple reason they find themselves isolated & they have no one to call allies or friends in Nigeria. They beef with the Hausas & Yorubas, everybody. It's for this simple reason of lack of allies they've misunderstood everything for MARGINALIZATION. Politics is a game of numbers, a lesson they are yet to learn. If they were smart they should have made an alliance with Buhari since they could smell that GEJ was gonna loose. Another question is, how come their Governors are not in support of the Biafra? I know for sure if their leaders wanted referendum today, it will happen or war will happen. Lastly, what have the past & present leaders achieved? Are these not the same people that will govern them if Biafra is actualized? Or will they continue crying for marginalization against their own again? Please POVERTY is a general problem in Nigeria & they should stop whining as if they are the only ones suffering. Who has the government of Nigeria helped? If not only those in power & their immediate families. Most of the people agitating for Biafra were not even alive then or were too young to know what was happening. Prolly on some "I want to revenge what they did to our fathers" #TruthIsBitter #HardTalk #NoManIsAnIsland.

3 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by comrChris(m): 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Ndoki is NOT one of the Indegenous ethnic groups in Akwa-Ibom. They don't have recognized traditional ttitles and are not active in politics. Igbos in Alaba in Lagos are far more influential than the Ndokis in Akwa-Ibom.
Get that into your skull.
this girl only you and you alone knows what you feeling like because l can't really fathom what you are boasting for

imagine you are not ashamed of yourself,in a season like this you typing from Lagos instead of that your cherished home yet you have the got to insult ndokis who are at home enjoying their Christmas at home, tell me btw you and the ndokis who is more akwa ibom

well like Joshua told the Israelite to choose the god they will serve,you also have the right to choose where to belong but by the way you are wining your useless mouth

just try and learn how to make your point without derogatory word,you are rather becoming foolis

4 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by loshybab(m): 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
FisifunKododada:

cool Bia be realistic. If Nigeria is not willing to let any part of it break away what other options do you have? EVERY country will do ANYTHING to protect their territorial integrity. 620,000 Americans were slaughtered in the civil war to protect America's territorial integrity. Today, any Southern American state (like Texas etc.) that tries to break away will be pummeled into submission. Tibet (with the support of world powers) has been trying to break away from China since 1793 with no success. China has jailed, tortured and killed many of them into submission. Now all they have left is to use diplomatic means but since China is not interested in letting them go, its not gonna happen. And if you think Japan and South Korea are diplomatic role models why don't you see what we happen if ANY part of those two countries try to break away. Ojukwu took Biafra to war against Nigeria in 1967 and the Nigerian military WON the war by beating Biafra/Ojukwu to submission. With Ojukwu sacrificing 2 million Biafrans in the process of showing how 'tough' he was. Why should Nigeria now hand over what her brave soldiers fought valiantly to keep? The Igbos best bet is to go to war and if (A VERY BIG IF) they win the war against Nigeria then they can take their pick of any territory in the country. The ONLY way diplomatic means MIGHT work is if their is a massive EXODUS of Igbos from all over the country back to the East. If other Nigerians start seeing their Igbos neighbors relocate en masse back to the east, then out of compassion these Nigerians will put pressure on the government to allow the Igbos to have their own country.Other Nigerians will start joining the Igbos in protest for the actualization of Biafra. That is when you will start hearing Nigerians saying things like, "na by force, these poor people are already moving out, please govt. stop been stubborn and let them have their own country - they deserve it." But you and I know that a mass exodus of Igbos will NEVER happen. MOST Igbos would rather live outside of Biafra than within Biafran - this is the reality of the matter and no amount of noise making on the internet will change this.
I just cnt help bt read ds ur comment ova nd ova agn,it's'so informative nd educating.
Bravo!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by comrChris(m): 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
nduchucks:

I'm not surprised that you found hopeless and jobless people from the areas you mentioned. Poverty no get home town.
Did you just say hopeless? like seriously what makes them hopeless or you are just being foolhardy, don't be surprise many of those you term hopeless might be doing far better than you even anybody in your family

keep hiding under your computer to type nonsense it is a faceless forum anyone can claim or says whatever he likes

l keep telling people that Igbo's don't really need you folks,don't know why some people are wasting time arguing with you miscreants here,we are making progress already and we will continue to progress while folks like you will to continue to hate

in case you dont know l was even surprise to see your people( if at all you from where you claim) there
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ajademola2000(m): 11:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tripleclick:
IF IJAWS ARE NOT SLAVES.. WE SHUD NOT HV HEARD ABOUT NIGER DELTA MILITANTS FIGHTN AGAINST A GOVERNMENT OF A COUNTRY
You also have to remember the last President before President Buhari is from their region.

President Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by coolio2014(m): 8:28am On Dec 30, 2015
You all should go have a look at the map of Nigeria....

Can someone answer me this, is it possible to create a country within another country? How can there be Biafra within Nigeria when Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Benue and Rivers States surround and ensure that the SE is bordered all around within Nigeria?

How can you have a country within another country?

So even if the SE were to becomes a country, they are surrounded on all sides by Nigeria! How does this work?
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by coolio2014(m): 8:37am On Dec 30, 2015
Igbo's dont need SS? Really? and yet without them you do not have a boundary of your own as you are firmly within Nigeria... Think about it. Go have a look at the map of Nigeria.

comrChris:
Did you just say hopeless? like seriously what makes them hopeless or you are just being foolhardy, don't be surprise many of those you term hopeless might be doing far better than you even anybody in your family

keep hiding under your computer to type nonsense it is a faceless forum anyone can claim or says whatever he likes

l keep telling people that Igbo's don't really need you folks,don't know why some people are wasting time arguing with you miscreants here,we are making progress already and we will continue to progress while folks like you will to continue to hate

in case you dont know l was even surprise to see your people( if at all you from where you claim) there
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nwanna2588: 9:26am On Dec 30, 2015
coolio2014:

Can someone answer me this, is it possible to create a country within another country? How can there be Biafra within Nigeria when Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers, Benue and Rivers States surround and ensure that the SE is bordered all around within Nigeria?

So even if the SE were to becomes a country, they are surrounded on all sides by Nigeria! How does this work?

Interesting seeing how you are confidently writing without knowing that such is in existence. Your proclivity to only limit your thinking to Nigeria is amazing.
Go and check the map of Italy and locate Vatican City before you comment. By the way, do you think that Igbo land is limited to SE. SE is just 60% of Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nwanna2588: 9:26am On Dec 30, 2015
coolio2014:

Interesting seeing how you are confidently writing without knowing that such is in existence. Your proclivity to only limit your thinking to Nigeria is amazing!
Go and check the map of Italy and locate Vatican City before you comment. By the way, do you think that Igbo land is limited to SE. SE is just 60% of Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Spicygal: 11:25am On Dec 30, 2015
i support a mass exodus

grin grin grin grin grin
FisifunKododada:

cool Bia be realistic. If Nigeria is not willing to let any part of it break away what other options do you have? EVERY country will do ANYTHING to protect their territorial integrity. 620,000 Americans were slaughtered in the civil war to protect America's territorial integrity. Today, any Southern American state (like Texas etc.) that tries to break away will be pummeled into submission. Tibet (with the support of world powers) has been trying to break away from China since 1793 with no success. China has jailed, tortured and killed many of them into submission. Now all they have left is to use diplomatic means but since China is not interested in letting them go, its not gonna happen. And if you think Japan and South Korea are diplomatic role models why don't you see what we happen if ANY part of those two countries try to break away. Ojukwu took Biafra to war against Nigeria in 1967 and the Nigerian military WON the war by beating Biafra/Ojukwu to submission. With Ojukwu sacrificing 2 million Biafrans in the process of showing how 'tough' he was. Why should Nigeria now hand over what her brave soldiers fought valiantly to keep? The Igbos best bet is to go to war and if (A VERY BIG IF) they win the war against Nigeria then they can take their pick of any territory in the country. The ONLY way diplomatic means MIGHT work is if their is a massive EXODUS of Igbos from all over the country back to the East. If other Nigerians start seeing their Igbos neighbors relocate en masse back to the east, then out of compassion these Nigerians will put pressure on the government to allow the Igbos to have their own country.Other Nigerians will start joining the Igbos in protest for the actualization of Biafra. That is when you will start hearing Nigerians saying things like, "na by force, these poor people are already moving out, please govt. stop been stubborn and let them have their own country - they deserve it." But you and I know that a mass exodus of Igbos will NEVER happen. MOST Igbos would rather live outside of Biafra than within Biafran - this is the reality of the matter and no amount of noise making on the internet will change this.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by coolio2014(m): 11:30am On Dec 30, 2015
60% did you say? Where is the rest of the 40%? and you use Vatican as an example, add kingdom of Lesotho as well cheesy ... very funny. It is known as Vatican city and the other is kingdom of Lesotho. Yea right at not needing the SS. lol.

You think the SS wants to go from being minority in Nigeria to minority in Biafra? lol

Nwanna2588:

Interesting seeing how you are confidently writing without knowing that such is in existence. Your proclivity to only limit your thinking to Nigeria is amazing!
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nwanna2588: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2015
coolio2014:
60% did you say? Where is the rest of the 40%? and you use Vatican as an example, add kingdom of Lesotho as well cheesy ... very funny. It is known as Vatican city and the other is kingdom of Lesotho. Yea right at not needing the SS. lol.

You think the SS wants to go from being minority in Nigeria to minority in Biafra? lol

If you want to know the remaining 40%, just attend OHANEZE NDIGBO meeting. If it is a SE affair then you will conclude on your inland declaration of Biafran territory.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by plsplspls: 11:59am On Dec 30, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
@OP you need to remove your mask. Ijaw and ALL ethnic nationalities in Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross river and Akwa Ibom are NOT and has never been Biafrans.

2. When Ojukwu declared is Biafra, he was Governor of Eastern state that exclude Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Cross river. Old Rivers and Old Cross river were already created by Gowon.

3. We(SS) fought against Biafra because it was Ojukwu and his majority Igbo backers project.

4. Biaffra is an Igbo agenda though I may agree that not all Igbos are pro-Biafrans, but majority are. #Fact

This is thrash....

I think you need to look at who the vice president of the then Biafra republic was.
He was an AkwaIbomite
#justsaying
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Sagamite(m): 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2015
maestroferddi:
Oga, I expected you to have known better.

I am an incurable believer in the indivisibility of the corporate entity called Nigeria.

Having made the foregoing statement, I also find it repugnant that the unity of Nigeria would only subsist over the institutionalised marginalisation of the Igbos.

Biafra is a consequence of unconscionable injustice and neglect. So get to the root causes of the Biafra insurrection before apportioning blames to people exercising their inalienable rights.

You don't smack a child and also take away its right to cry...

Please edjucate me on what "institutional marginalisation" you are referring to.

I wait.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by maestroferddi: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
Sagamite:

Please edjucate me on what "institutional marginalisation" you are referring to.

I wait.
"And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free"
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Sagamite(m): 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
maestroferddi:
"And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free"

Am sorry.

Is that your fcking evidence of marginalisation?

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by maestroferddi: 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
Sagamite:

Am sorry.

Is that your fcking evidence of marginalisation?
Get out and keep moving!

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Sagamite(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
maestroferddi:
Get out and keep moving!

You are a daft cretinous fuuktard!

So you pulled such fucktardious claims from the cracks of you dumbarse?

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by maestroferddi: 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2015
Sagamite:

So you pulled such fucktardious claims from the cracks of you dumbarse?
Stop pestering me; see a head shrinker instead...

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Sagamite(m): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
maestroferddi:
Stop pestering me; see a head shrinker instead...

Your daft self is the one saying someone needs a head shrinker? grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Prince16: 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
Lajet:
So, as it stands today, Biafra which may come in different pseudonym is a movement of people who are mostly Igbos but not supported by majority of Igbo people and as such should not be classified as an Igbo movement but can be classified as a group of Igbo people. It is wrong and silly to assume that every Igbo person supports Biafra or use the term interchangeably with Igbo.

How did you know that majority of Igbos don't support Biafra. can you show me any person in South East that can mobilise a huge number of supporters like Nnamdi Kanu without paying them any money . am not a supporter of IPOB but what i found out that majority of you people that always said that majority of igbos don't support biafra are afraid because the don't want to lose there job when biafra become a country . because we all know that if the conduct a referendum now in South East 90% to 95% of people living in South East we vote yes for Biafra while igbos living in any other states in Nigeria we be between 50/50
U be true pikin of ya papa!
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Prince16: 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
FisifunKododada:

Anoda true pikin of hin papa!
Ur head dey there!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Prince16: 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
ritababe:

oya cum my section na.
AS in ehn....., hmmmm... , bia, Rita, 250 followings, only u?!
Chai!
**holds head**
**Soliloquy** “Guyz and *******, they be stumbling by it since 1769 0000"
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by maestroferddi: 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
Sagamite:

Your daft self is the one saying someone needs a head shrinker? grin grin grin grin grin
I wouldn't mind helping out to chain/manacling a mad dog like you in case you are proving intractable to the head shrinker...

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ritababe(f): 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
Prince16:

AS in ehn....., hmmmm... , bia, Rita, 250 followings, only u?!
Chai!
**holds head**
**Soliloquy** “Guyz and *******, they be falling 4/by it since 0000"

yeah so sad i cant follow more than 250 people i think seun should do sumtin abt it.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by loshybab(m): 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
coolio2014:

Meehhhhhn! Bros,u just spoke my mind.i guess dey hopin one f d'SS states will go wt dem. They shud jst forget abt ds biafra of a thing unless dey wan keep dreamin or mk history repeat itslf by loosin more pple.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Sagamite(m): 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
maestroferddi:
I wouldn't mind helping out to chain/manacling a mad dog like you in case you are proving intractable to the head shrinker...

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Have I helped you in becoming aware of how daft you are now? grin grin grin grin grin

I am your head shrinker. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by maestroferddi: 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Have I helped you in becoming aware of how daft you are now? grin grin grin grin grin

I am your head shrinker. grin grin grin grin grin
You must be mad...

Ode.bunmi aka ode.kunle. Olodoistic entity like you come dey misyarn on per second billing...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

See The Moment Atiku Admitted The PDP Looted Funds Under Obasanjo / Olusegun Bamgbose: I Am Considering Yusuf Buhari As My Running Mate In 2023 / Photos Of Tax Receipts Issued By Boko Haram To Farmers, Herdsmen In Borno Contro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.