Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra (52924 Views)

History Of Tribal Wars Between Igbo And Yoruba In Nigeria Since 1946 (part One) / #soundoff: The Glaring Difference Between Stella Oduah And Babatunde Fashola / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:47am On Dec 29, 2015
Afam4eva:

If based on the reason you give, Ijaw and other minorities were not part of the Biafran declared by Ojukwu, it means Igbos were also not part of it. If you did your research vgery well, you'll realize that the east central state was also declared alongside rivers state and other states created and Ukpabi Asika was the administrator from 1967 to 1970. A lot of minorities fought on the side of Nigeria just much as those minorities that fought on teh side of Biafra. There were also loads of Igbos that fought on the side of Nigeria against a rebelious leader in the name of Ojukwu. The sooner you do away with any hate you have for Igbos and see the truth for what it is, the better for you.
Oga, if you(Igbos) agree that you were Biafrans, that is no business of the Ijawman. All man to carry his cross. The minorities fought for Nigeria side and till date they are celebrated as heroes by their kinsmen. Perhaps, why do you think Boro is so adored? Why do you think Wiwa? The less than 0.5% Ojukwu mercinaries from the minority areas were branded as traitors. They are less than 0.0000000000005% and are doing so on their own. Effiong for instance, he's celebrated for his surrender and NOT for participating on Biafran side. In Ijawland we do annual Isaac Adaka Boro day, what do you think is the significance? Which Ogoniman is more famous than Wiwa? Do you know his role? Diete-Spiff played huge role and several others on Nigeria. You don't just sit in one chair in your parlour to assume. The declaration of Biafra by outsiders(Ojukwu and his kinsmen) on our soil is one of the greatest injustice to the SS people.

My advice is the igbos should keep their Biafra on SE soil if they want any but adding SS means they are not ready.

21 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by omenka(m): 7:48am On Dec 29, 2015
FisifunKododada:

You are not very informed. Here is how I can tell.

cool In 2013 More than a 100,000 Texans signed an online petition calling on the Obama administration to allow Texas to secede from the United States and create an independent government. Obama told them, NO. Texas is the America state with the second biggest economy after California and yet their are hundreds of thousands of Texans who would like to secede from the USA.

As a matter of fact, In the wake of the Nov. 6 2012 Presidential election, petitions seeking to secede from the union have been filed on behalf of 23 states on the White House website, https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions. Most of the petitions contain the same wording and ask to withdraw “peacefully” from the United States in order to form independent governments.

Please inform yourself before quoting people who are your intellectual seniors.
Exactly what I quoted for them when they opined that secessionists would freely be allowed to have their way through a referendum had Nigeria been a place like US. Little do they know a petition for secession was submitted only recently by the Texans after collecting sufficient signatures according to the laws of the US for consideration by the Congress- the petition was torn apart even before it could make its first appearance.

These guys are simply too ignorant to be engaged.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ARIZONA123(m): 7:49am On Dec 29, 2015
Lajet:
So, as it stands today, Biafra which may come in different pseudonym is a movement of people who are mostly Igbos but not supported by majority of Igbo people and as such should not be classified as an Igbo movement but can be classified as a group of Igbo people. It is wrong and silly to assume that every Igbo person supports Biafra or use the term interchangeably with Igbo.

How did you know that majority of Igbos don't support Biafra. can you show me any person in South East that can mobilise a huge number of supporters like Nnamdi Kanu without paying them any money . am not a supporter of IPOB but what i found out that majority of you people that always said that majority of igbos don't support biafra are afraid because the don't want lose there job when biafra become a country . because we all know that if the conduct a referendum now in South East 90% to 95% of people living in South East we vote yes for Biafra while igbos living in any other of Nigeria we be between 50/50
. God bless you. The boy is afraid of loosing 45# he recieves from seun. Shame on you Afam

3 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:55am On Dec 29, 2015
Truth4eva:

That TonyeBarcanista guy has yoruba blood in him whether directly or indirectly, though I stand to be corrected. A referendum will stop all these arguments.
You can't impose your Biafran referendum on SS. Scott referendum wasn't done in Wales or Northern Ireland, it was restricted to scotland. Same with Biafra. It will be restricted to the 5 SE states.

PS: You can as well assume that I have fulani blood. Na your tori

17 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by babyfaceafrica: 8:07am On Dec 29, 2015
Igbos are known for their zeal and businss acumen.......all this miscrants clamouring for war are jobless.......no inch of SS land will b seceded!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Truth4eva: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You can't impose your Biafran referendum on SS. Scott referendum wasn't done in Wales or Northern Ireland, it was restricted to scotland. Same with Biafra. It will be restricted to the 5 SE states.

PS: You can as well assume that I have fulani blood. Na your tori
I salute you for the way you responded maturely here without using insults. Anyway let's wait till when it comes.

2 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by boluwatife66(m): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2015
kernel504:
OP... CAN YOU TELL ME ONE COUNTRY WHERE ALL HER CITIZENS BELIEVES IN ALL HER IDEALOGIES OR COUNTRY WHERE EVERYBOBY SHARE SAME VIEW ?
south and norther sudan...they voted to be independent
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by funkyibodude(m): 8:18am On Dec 29, 2015
nduchucks:

Oga, TonyeBarcanista is very correct in saying that when Ojukwu declared is Biafra, he was Governor of Eastern state that excluded Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Cross river. Old Rivers and Old Cross river were already created by Gowon.

In February 1966, when Isaac Boro, Sam Owonaro and Nottingham Dick alongside their supporters proclaimed a "Delta Peoples Republic", biafra was not included in the said republic. On 27 May 1967, under the administration of General Yakubu Gowon, decree No. 14 was issued, allowing the creation of Rivers State. Ojukwu's Eastern region at the time of "secession" did not include Ijawland or modern day SS area.

The good people of Niger Delta fought alongside gallant Nigerian soldiers to defeat the secessionists. My Gull, there is no need to try to revise history, though we have come to expect that from you.

If you and the likes of Kanu want to lead Igbo youths on another suicide mission, be rest assured that the people of the Niger Delta will fight you once again.
don't let your dislike for Igbos becloud your sense of history, when Ojukwu was the governor of the eastern region Akwa ibom (formerly part of cross rivers state before its creation in 1987) and rivers state were inclusive in the southeastern region, before the war the chief cities were porthacourt , Calabar, Bakassi Enugu umuahia and Ojukwu was the Governor of these cities, have you forgotten that Cheif Obafemi awolowo was jailed in calabar prison and it was Ojukwu that released him as the governor of the eastern region then. The creation of 12 states was a tactical move by Gowon government to land lock the southeast so that the won't have access to territorial waters And more so oil which was the main reason for the Nigerian offensive against Biafra.... As a pure Igbo dude I'm not in support of this current Biafra agitation but I believe strongly in Igbo independent movement, and that is regional control cool cool

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:29am On Dec 29, 2015
funkyibodude:
don't let your dislike for Igbos becloud your sense of history, when Ojukwu was the governor of the eastern region Akwa ibom (formerly part of cross rivers state before its creation in 1991) and rivers state were inclusive in the southeastern region, before the war the chief cities were porthacourt , Calabar, Bakassi Enugu umuahia and Ojukwu was the Governor of these cities, have you forgotten that Cheif Obafemi awolowo was jailed in calabar prison and it was Ojukwu that released him as the governor of the eastern region then. The creation of 12 states was a tactical move by Gowon government to land lock the southeast so that the won't have access to territorial waters And more so oil which was the main reason for the Nigerian offensive against Biafra.... As a pure Igbo dude I'm not in support of this current Biafra agitation but I believe strongly in Igbo independent movement, and that is regional control cool cool
O boy you are so brainwashed by only God know who.

1. Rivers state agitation for its own province started in 1940 but the silly British would lump us together with the Igbos in East just as the Midwest were lumped with the west. Same period Cross river started theirs. In fact, our agitation started almost same period with that of the Midwest.

2. The Igbo lead eastern region REFUSED to offer us referendum to determine our own destiny even when the agitation was high and when Midwest got theirs we got angrier

3. When Rivers was created in 1967(May), It was a dream come true for 99.999999% of our people. Ojukwu, his greed for power, and quest for oyel and sea would not take it and declared his illegal republic on our soil. The talk of 'balkanisation' by Gowon is shallow, false and hypocritical.

4. Biafra Igbos should mind their business. If they can't get Biafra without the SS, they should FORGET it altogether.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 29, 2015
DerideGull:

Per the bolded, the above is a trash as it comes. Gowon does not have the right to divide Nigeria without the consent of eastern region talk less abrogating eastern region of Nigeria. If he had such powers, there should not have been a civil war. Again, you are wastefully educated.
Dede1 shut up. Gowon was head of state and has every right even to divide your family compound

14 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ritababe(f): 8:32am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

1. Rivers state agitation for its own province started in 1940 but the silly British would lump us together with the Igbos in East just as the Midwest were lumped. Same period Cross river started that. In fact, our agitation started almost same period with that of the Midwest.

2. The Igbo lead eastern region REFUSED to offer us referendum to determine our own destiny even when the agitation was high and when Midwest got theirs.

3. When Rivers was created in 1967(May), it was a dream come true for 99.999999% of our people. Ojukwu, his greed for power and quest for oyel and sea would not take it and declared his illegal republic on our soil. The talk of 'balkanisation' by Gowon is shallow, false and hypocritical.

4. Biafra Igbos should mind their business. If they can't get Biafra without the SS, they should FORGET it altogether.

yeah, forget it.

3 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2015
I rather die than stay alive to watch the IGBOS have Biafra. Biafra is dead and buried. Simple sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by CharlyNick: 8:37am On Dec 29, 2015
Quite interesting
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2015
MATTHEW 24:6. That is what is happening.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by funkyibodude(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

1. Rivers state agitation for its own province started in 1940 but the silly British would lump us together with the Igbos in East just as the Midwest were lumped. Same period Cross river started that. In fact, our agitation started almost same period with that of the Midwest.

2. The Igbo lead eastern region REFUSED to offer us referendum to determine our own destiny even when the agitation was high and when Midwest got theirs.

3. When Rivers was created in 1967(May), it was a dream come true for 99.999999% of our people. Ojukwu, his greed for power and quest for oyel and sea would not take it and declared his illegal republic on our soil. The talk of 'balkanisation' by Gowon is shallow, false and hypocritical.

you and I are literally saying the same thing, it was during the war that division started, but I'm trying to refute the claim that cross rivers and rivers state was never part of southeast, at least before the war. And I like what you said Biafra igbos and not Igbos
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by SonOfEl(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2015
IGBOS are a subset of Biafra.....as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Elclassico: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2015
Afam4eva:

Tell that to Catalonia and the Basque region of Spain.

or Scotland, or Wallonia and Flanders

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by FemiFaniKayode: 8:42am On Dec 29, 2015
ritababe:

yeah, forget it.

Rita! Rita! Rita!
How many times i call you?

I beg go Romance na dia your calling dey grin

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by CSTR2: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
@OP you need to remove your mask. Ijaw and ALL ethnic nationalities in Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross river and Akwa Ibom are NOT and has never been Biafrans.

2. When Ojukwu declared is Biafra, he was Governor of Eastern state that exclude Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Cross river. Old Rivers and Old Cross river were already created by Gowon.

3. We(SS) fought against Biafra because it was Ojukwu and his majority Igbo backers project.

4. Biaffra is an Igbo agenda though I may agree that not all Igbos are pro-Biafrans, but majority are. #Fact

This is thrash....
Who is we SS? be specific.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by FemiFaniKayode: 8:44am On Dec 29, 2015
irunoobo:
I rather die than stay alive to watch the IGBOS have Biafra. Biafra is dead and buried. Simple sad

O boy u still dey

Thought you were banned till 2099
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ITSaWRAPOUTFITS: 8:46am On Dec 29, 2015
Following
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ritababe(f): 8:46am On Dec 29, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

Rita! Rita! Rita! How many times i call you?
I beg go Romance na dia your calling dey grin
abeg no shout my name again, na person I follow come here.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by angiography(m): 8:48am On Dec 29, 2015
hmmm.

Biafra or otherwise... They should ask Kosovo

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by FemiFaniKayode: 8:48am On Dec 29, 2015
ritababe:

abeg no shout my name again, na person I follow come here.

u too dey follow follow.

make i follow you go inside room??
i wan teach you sometin
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by OsusuMustFlow(f): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2015
sad
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2015
funkyibodude:
you and I are literally saying the same thing, it was during the war that division started, but I'm trying to refute the claim that cross rivers and rivers state was never part of southeast, at least before the war. And I like what you said Biafra igbos and not Igbos
Rivers and Cross river were given state status before Ojukwu declared his Biafra. You can check

2 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ritababe(f): 8:50am On Dec 29, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

u too dey follow follow.
make i follow you go inside room?? i wan teach you sometin
oya cum my section na.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:51am On Dec 29, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

u too dey follow follow.

make i follow you go inside room??
i wan teach you sometin
Bros abeg face front. Ritababe is under my tutelage undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife / Ibrahim Lawan And Amani Umar Wedding Wedding In Kano (Photos) / The White House Was Once Attacked By Rats & Cockroaches; Not Only Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.