Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 (49067 Views)

How Do We Stop The Spread Of "Davido Syndrome" Among Our Ladies? / Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Guys From Getting Married In 2015 *CT / Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Guys From Getting Married In 2015 *CT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by lakamua: 1:24am On Dec 30, 2015
Mr op. Are u so idle?
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 1:42am On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:
7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015

As the curtains of 2015 is coming to a majestic close, I want to congratulate those NL ladies who got wedded. Those who didn't, it doesn't matter. 2016 is around the corner, waiting to land you into your "valid" relationships or husband's houses. Amen!

However, there could have been some things you did or didn't do, as such, yours was delayed.

Every time, singles who wants to get married are asked to come out, I see a lot of girls- young and old. So, they are many and that makes this thread relevant to ALL except the babies among us tongue

NOTE: I'm speaking from one angle. You can address the other. Thanks.

What are some hindrances that could have delayed the marriages of some of our qualified Ladies:

1. Traditional Embargo:

It beats my imagination how some folks still hold firmly to this; if he's not from my place, I dare not marry him. While, it's good to heed to parent's advice, its you who will stay single till 30, not them. Please, pray and watch. Be wise.

2. "Confused" Expectations In The Kind of guy she wants.

I need a faithful guy, handsome, tall, godly, macho, good with kids, he might drink socially,good cook...if you notice; what relationship has being GODLY and DRINKING alcohol share? My advice is, write what you really really need in him. A goal not written is a wish. Wishes aren't horses anymore...while writing, remember: If you want an 100% man, get clay and mould him yourself. Wanting a man that can cook just because you can't, is denying one of the core essence that makes you a mother, wife and a woman. Learn how to cook, better. Let him just be assisting. My advice.

3. Unrealistic Financial Expectations

If he's not earning above 100k, I'm not interested. Heard that before? That's even the least. This days, just get an ok car and they're all over you. Who wan marry poor man? I get. Dangote once slept under a truck for months. If ladies truly have "eyes" to see which guy will be successful or not; while under the truck, politician's daughters would have been coming to say "Hi" to his rickety former self.
Moral Lesson: Still, follow a man for his vision. Not just for his BIG television.

4. War between her and in-laws

If he truly loves me, he'll put me above his siblings. Some girls have not yet become part and parcel of the family and their character is already exposing them. Call it wisdom, not hypocrisy. In- laws deserve respect, why? They are humans like you. I'm not speaking for myself though. Place yourself in their shoes. A girl wants to marry your brother and she's acting all "rude" and "sensitive". You won't tell him, go ahead. Will you? Unless you're like her tho...

5. Immaturity in handling little matters

He forgot my birthday, he's not worth being my "ideal" boo. I broke up with him. Did you just say that? Its absolutely wrong to forget your girl's birthday but is that the only way of solving that ish? Is there no better way? I've had to call someone to call me and wish me a Happy Birthday, with smiles on. It's no big deal. I learnt it. We all can do same. Be flexible and not immature. Most times, her actions isn't stemming from his forgetting to call her but from many other things. I understand. You can break up with him, if you confirmed he's been cheating. But, be sure. Let me not derail. Next point will explain that...

6. Pride/Ego/Unforgiveness/Unnecessary "Forming"

I'm not perfect but I know that unforgiveness pulls one back and separates two lovebirds. If he cheated on you for the first time and he reports himself that it was a mistake- haba, you shouldn't break up. One more chance. Pride and ego are the most reasons some are still lonely. Ordinary PM, you dey form, "I don't do PMs, and you are single" I think, if you're searching, be open a bit. That guy might be the next Dangote...oops! I just pressed a button there... Some girls form too much. You play hard to get to someone you like as though there is not enough serious business in marriage already: do sharp sharp joor. When he turns away now, you'll blame point 7.

7. Spiritual Attacks

One man saw the devil crying, he asked him, Badoo, why you crying? He replied, "Every little thing, they blame me for it. They even lie on my head."
Well, spiritual attacks are real though. But I believe, "the curse causeless doesn't come". Ladies don't pray too much in church UNTIL the pastor mentions, "every devil blindfolding his eyes from seeing any single lady here, die!" Then, you'll see her in action. Onetime, I saw one pretty babe who told me how she went one a very long fasting and praying sessions to get her man. They pray, but the only issue is some don't watch. #I'm in a friendly mood today# smiley

It's our prayer that God will locate every one of our single ladies in the house Next year, 2016. Amen!
U forgot to add this...
Thinking u're too Beautiful and Chic: As a girl, I know this quite well. I've had a number of friends who start misbehaving in their relationships and treating prospective suitors in a not-so-nice manner because they feel they are beautiful, classy and whatever else and as such can get any man they please, and then they set some near unrealistic targets. And the years just keep rolling by without a man to call their own.......

6 Likes

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by dnatz(f): 1:46am On Dec 30, 2015
Jackrich:
Rule number 1 : Don't even get married at all - Why are you guys getting married when sex is everywhere, cheap and with proper packaging you can get it for free?

Modern women don't deserve marriage , they deserve to be treated as hoes.

This is too harsh.... Guess u av sisters too.
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by obowunmi(m): 1:56am On Dec 30, 2015
Men nko?
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 1:58am On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:
7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015

As the curtains of 2015 is coming to a majestic close, I want to congratulate those NL ladies who got wedded. Those who didn't, it doesn't matter. 2016 is around the corner, waiting to land you into your "valid" relationships or husband's houses. Amen!

However, there could have been some things you did or didn't do, as such, yours was delayed.

Every time, singles who wants to get married are asked to come out, I see a lot of girls- young and old. So, they are many and that makes this thread relevant to ALL except the babies among us tongue

NOTE: I'm speaking from one angle. You can address the other. Thanks.

What are some hindrances that could have delayed the marriages of some of our qualified Ladies:

1. Traditional Embargo:

It beats my imagination how some folks still hold firmly to this; if he's not from my place, I dare not marry him. While, it's good to heed to parent's advice, its you who will stay single till 30, not them. Please, pray and watch. Be wise.

2. "Confused" Expectations In The Kind of guy she wants.

I need a faithful guy, handsome, tall, godly, macho, good with kids, he might drink socially,good cook...if you notice; what relationship has being GODLY and DRINKING alcohol share? My advice is, write what you really really need in him. A goal not written is a wish. Wishes aren't horses anymore...while writing, remember: If you want an 100% man, get clay and mould him yourself. Wanting a man that can cook just because you can't, is denying one of the core essence that makes you a mother, wife and a woman. Learn how to cook, better. Let him just be assisting. My advice.

3. Unrealistic Financial Expectations

If he's not earning above 100k, I'm not interested. Heard that before? That's even the least. This days, just get an ok car and they're all over you. Who wan marry poor man? I get. Dangote once slept under a truck for months. If ladies truly have "eyes" to see which guy will be successful or not; while under the truck, politician's daughters would have been coming to say "Hi" to his rickety former self.
Moral Lesson: Still, follow a man for his vision. Not just for his BIG television.

4. War between her and in-laws

If he truly loves me, he'll put me above his siblings. Some girls have not yet become part and parcel of the family and their character is already exposing them. Call it wisdom, not hypocrisy. In- laws deserve respect, why? They are humans like you. I'm not speaking for myself though. Place yourself in their shoes. A girl wants to marry your brother and she's acting all "rude" and "sensitive". You won't tell him, go ahead. Will you? Unless you're like her tho...

5. Immaturity in handling little matters

He forgot my birthday, he's not worth being my "ideal" boo. I broke up with him. Did you just say that? Its absolutely wrong to forget your girl's birthday but is that the only way of solving that ish? Is there no better way? I've had to call someone to call me and wish me a Happy Birthday, with smiles on. It's no big deal. I learnt it. We all can do same. Be flexible and not immature. Most times, her actions isn't stemming from his forgetting to call her but from many other things. I understand. You can break up with him, if you confirmed he's been cheating. But, be sure. Let me not derail. Next point will explain that...

6. Pride/Ego/Unforgiveness/Unnecessary "Forming"

I'm not perfect but I know that unforgiveness pulls one back and separates two lovebirds. If he cheated on you for the first time and he reports himself that it was a mistake- haba, you shouldn't break up. One more chance. Pride and ego are the most reasons some are still lonely. Ordinary PM, you dey form, "I don't do PMs, and you are single" I think, if you're searching, be open a bit. That guy might be the next Dangote...oops! I just pressed a button there... Some girls form too much. You play hard to get to someone you like as though there is not enough serious business in marriage already: do sharp sharp joor. When he turns away now, you'll blame point 7.

7. Spiritual Attacks

One man saw the devil crying, he asked him, Badoo, why you crying? He replied, "Every little thing, they blame me for it. They even lie on my head."
Well, spiritual attacks are real though. But I believe, "the curse causeless doesn't come". Ladies don't pray too much in church UNTIL the pastor mentions, "every devil blindfolding his eyes from seeing any single lady here, die!" Then, you'll see her in action. Onetime, I saw one pretty babe who told me how she went one a very long fasting and praying sessions to get her man. They pray, but the only issue is some don't watch. #I'm in a friendly mood today# smiley

It's our prayer that God will locate every one of our single ladies in the house Next year, 2016. Amen!
girls are confused
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 30, 2015
Jackrich:
Rule number 1 : Don't even get married at all - Why are you guys getting married when sex is everywhere, cheap and with proper packaging you can get it for free?

U have made my midnight.
I can now SLEEP.
Sai Jackrich

3 Likes

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 30, 2015
lakamua:
Mr op. Are u so idle?
No SOUL is Idle on nairaland.
You are either observing and studying or you're typing.
Pls. Define Idleness, with respect to nairaland... ?

1 Like

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by miqos02(m): 3:00am On Dec 30, 2015
hmmmm
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by mortez02: 3:00am On Dec 30, 2015
Pls what is PM in no 6
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by labeerson: 4:11am On Dec 30, 2015
That is the truth
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by AlphaDibia(m): 4:17am On Dec 30, 2015
Nigerian women wey just backward like no man business. That's why when they come yankee, they think the whole world is against them. They're not but rather the whole world is against backwardness and waywardness.. nigerian men too. they become classic misfits. Your list is yeye but some of these women need to get their shit together.

1 Like

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Meelaw(m): 5:11am On Dec 30, 2015
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by holysaint1(m): 5:16am On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:

Better done...when a females does it. Don't you think?

with all due respect...... U need to work on ur choice of words.. or better still, ur english.
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by holysaint1(m): 5:17am On Dec 30, 2015
G0ldcircle:
I really love this post OP. Nice write up

ur moniker though... sad
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by henryhemon(m): 5:29am On Dec 30, 2015
Good post hope they adhere to it though. Women should state realistic goals. They love irrelevant,flashy things,they don't look at the bigger picture,they are always about now now. Life is a process,when you have nothing they treat you as shit but when God smiles on you all of them will smile at you expect you are not smart as a man don't marry anyone who didn't endure with you when you were nobody.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by passenger570: 5:30am On Dec 30, 2015
God will show mercy on dem n grant dem d grace to see der man. smiley smiley
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by henryhemon(m): 5:32am On Dec 30, 2015
Modern women are full of shit. They got no chill at all.
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by henryhemon(m): 5:34am On Dec 30, 2015
Jackrich:

They are basically hoes. Just have things going for you and they are yours.

1 Like

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Youngpo413: 5:35am On Dec 30, 2015
Jackrich:

They are hoes!

1 Like

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by henryhemon(m): 5:38am On Dec 30, 2015
Oliviaarims:

U forgot to add this...
Thinking u're too Beautiful and Chic: As a girl, I know this quite well. I've had a number of friends who start misbehaving in their relationships and treating prospective suitors in a not-so-nice manner because they feel they are beautiful, classy and whatever else and as such can get any man they please, and then they set some near unrealistic targets. And the years just keep rolling by without a man to call their own.......

Please you are always making sense in your posts are you married?
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Youngpo413: 5:41am On Dec 30, 2015
[quote author=sonofananimal post=41466613][/quote]Hello brother,longest time.
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:32am On Dec 30, 2015
EVILFOREST:

No SOUL is Idle on nairaland.
You are either observing and studying or you're typing.
Pls. Define Idleness, with respect to nairaland... ?
ur head dey dere..... some people think it's easy to sit & create a topic. It takes a lot but since all they do is sit down look everyone has to be idle to come up with a beautiful piece

2 Likes

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:36am On Dec 30, 2015
@OP well said but getting into a wrong marriage because everyone is getting married isn't advisable. We should understand that marriage is a calling and some people don't have it.... I know a lot of ladies too make it impossible for themselves to hear the calling or even be called but if u look through your post, one word sums it all up...... maturity

2 Likes

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by fero07(m): 6:46am On Dec 30, 2015
kiss
Omotayor123:
Hmm... well written OP!
Ladies should remember that it's too much of expectations that brings disappointment!

abi we ladies, or you one count yourself out
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 30, 2015
henryhemon:

Please you are always making sense in your posts are you married?
Thanks. I'll have to check to see if I'm married or not. Lol.
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Trapnews: 6:50am On Dec 30, 2015
Oliviaarims:

U forgot to add this...

shocked

1 Like

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Mintus(m): 6:50am On Dec 30, 2015
omonnakoda:

If a woman does not get married it is no big deal.This is 2015. Stop trying to put them under pressure or make them feel they have failed somehow. This is all part of the wider church scamming culture we see in Nigeria. Create a non existent problem and then present your "holy" selves as solution. Go and solve your own problems first. No where in his mission did Jesus advocate marriage or elevate it to a do or die affair.
As far as I am concerned you are not intelligent but clearly you think you are .It is important for me to question that so you do not labour under any misconceptions.Ordinarily I should ignore the twaddle you wrote but there are many weak and vulnerable minds who are vulnerable to wolves like you. No marriage is better than a bad marriage no matter what anyone else will say. It is this kind of culture that also has as its flip side the desperation now leading to baby factories in our society. Marriage is not for everyone that is a social fact and something you can confirm by observing many already married people.
Go ye into the world and multiply is a commandment for a world of millions not billions of people. At some point we may have to make laws to determine who can and who cannot be allowed to have children.Then I hope we can stop unintelligent folk from having kids and contaminating the genetic pool
u are just frustrated.i lv ya words of encouragement but kp it to urself.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 30, 2015
holysaint1:

ur moniker though... sad
wink
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by menxer: 7:08am On Dec 30, 2015
Nice write up, but truth be told, not every man or woman would/will/shall marry in this life.

It's the sad truth nobody wants to contemplate.

Look around your neighborhood, there are many elderly spinsters and bachelors, how they ended up like that you wouldn't know.
Re: 7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 by missyadorable(f): 7:14am On Dec 30, 2015
Thank GOD I got married before the year turns over
Any thread insulting single ladies no longer my business
Now,I can walk around with pride,my respect is complete
I have gotten the most prestigious title a woman should have in Africa "Mrs"
Now,its to have a son to add more value to my existence

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Transgender, Miss Sahhara Burns Her Boobs While Cooking (photos) / What Do Guys Really Mean When They Ask A Girl If She Has A Boyfriend? / Immediately She Opened Her Legs For Me (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.