Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,258 members, 7,829,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? (27145 Views)

Poll: Italy Or France?

Italy: 31% (5 votes)
France: 68% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / TB Joshua: Eagles Will Win On Sunday / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by slimnike(m): 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2006
Spain and hmmmmmmmm,
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by chosenbabe(f): 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2006
sweden - eng
its now 1-1
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bagoma(f): 11:25pm On Jun 20, 2006
it ended 2-2.
that last goal by sweden annoyed me. took the joy out of the match and reveals england has problems seriously at the back. so much panic. why?
still tipping england to go faaaarrrr!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Imanub(m): 11:42pm On Jun 20, 2006
germany and argentina are clearly the only top favorites, may be spain , but sorry, england no chance, may be they can win the players-wife world cup but not this cup, =) and brazil, may be they would win the single player world cup, but not this one *g*
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Reverend(m): 9:00am On Jun 21, 2006
Poor Michael Owen sad

Looks like he has seriously injured his leg. He just fell over in the first few minutes of the game and had to be stretchered off the pitch.

England will still win the cup though grin grin grin
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cucchi(f): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2006
your awful confident reverend
after the way they have been playing i wouldnt say they'll win the cup. i would say sweden played better than them last night . all the hype that england is great as just made all those english fans look foolish. there are much better teams that are playing for the cup. undecided
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by otolorin(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2006
england sweden was one hell of a "never say die" match
freddie n lersson were workaholics

gerrard is fast registering his name on the consideration for world best.
joe cole was 1daful, his goal a classic.

but i love the spirit of the swedes.

wait
you'all know what i discovered from yesterdays match?
when you're a kid, you behave like a kid - i'm talking about rooney.
what was d fuss about at his withdrawal from the pitch - and look wat a perfecct sub gerrard was for rooney, he scored an important goal- one rooney failed to score!
if we remember, this same thing happened to mido of egypt in the nations cup.

sven goan errikson must be feeling cool with himself now for bringin in joe cole and gerrard who proved to be invaluable to england fate.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cucchi(f): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2006
otolorin:

england sweden was one hell of a "never say die" match
freddie n lersson were workaholics

gerrard is fast registering his name on the consideration for world best.
joe cole was 1daful, his goal a classic.

but i love the spirit of the swedes.

wait
you'all know what i discovered from yesterdays match?
when you're a kid, you behave like a kid - i'm talking about rooney.
what was d fuss about at his withdrawal from the pitch - and look what a perfecct sub gerrard was for rooney, he scored an important goal- one rooney failed to score!
if we remember, this same thing happened to mido of egypt in the nations cup.

sven goan errikson must be feeling cool with himself now for bringin in joe cole and gerrard who proved to be invaluable to england fate.

I agree that Gerrard is a great player. I also thought it was funny when Ronney got annoyed but he wanting to play on and get the goal u cant blame him for being upset. But England will have to play better to win as i think they are going in to games expecting it to be easy and win. Sweden proved them wrong. What a game!!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Reverend(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2006
@cucchi

We won our group with 7 points. Yes, I am confident grin

The play will only get better from now on and I am sure England are up to the task.

I really love it that people can be so critical of England. Lets talk again in a few days and see how many African or Afro-Caribean teams remain in the tournament! lipsrsealed

There are going to be quite a few flights heading in those directions tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cucchi(f): 10:13am On Jun 21, 2006
i'm scottish reverend

grin
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Reverend(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2006
@cucchi

Well that makes it even worse. Ali's army did not even qualify for the competition (again)

Try being a bit more positive & supportive of your native teams, whether that be England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales!

If England were not in the competition and Scotland were, I would support them. cool cool cool
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cucchi(f): 10:20am On Jun 21, 2006
scotland are sh it no doubtin it we never expected them to qualify. I dont have to support England because i am "British". I am allowed my own mind cheesy
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Reverend(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2006
@ Cucchi

Then now I know that you are an immigrant to the UK. Real Brit's would support their home teams and show a little patriotism cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cucchi(f): 10:28am On Jun 21, 2006
hehehe i was borna nd raised in scotland by my scottish parents my bf is nigerian. my friends and family are not supporting england in the word cup why exactly should we.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Reverend(m): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2006
Sad situation undecided
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Christino(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2006
Don't mind them, support Togo jare, at least its just a country away from your bf's. grin
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by cucchi(f): 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2006
Christino:

Don't mind them, support Togo jare, at least its just a country away from your boyfriend's. grin

lol crazy boy. Brazil has to win or i'll cry got my fave player.

Mind u Ronaldo needs to start eating less of the pies if he wants to continue playin football lmao
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by otolorin(m): 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2006
its clear now sweden has to play germany

those are two teams i'd av loved to go on to the semi's
but one of them has to go now.,.,.,too sad

and italy has to play a win to avoid meeting brazil, a draw will see them playin the samba boys.

and usa?, ,.,.they'll have to play brazil should dey beat togo and qualify second in their grp.

i also wish usa could drop brazil.,.,sounds vague but this is football, not arithmetic!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by otolorin(m): 1:29pm On Jun 21, 2006
arsenal, Chelsea liverppol n probably man utd are undoubtedly the highest contributors to the world cup 2006
Arsenal n Chelsea both have 15 players in the world cup, Liverpool has 12 and man utd has how many? Man utd fans can answer that!

And the goals….?
Arsenal: rosicky tomas – 2
R. van persie - 1
Henry - 1
Ljungberg - 1

Chelsea: crespo - 2
j.cole - 1
drogba – 1
new comer sheva – 1

linerpool: steven gerrard – 2
crouch – 1

man utd?, let ‘em speak!
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bolaoni(m): 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2006
what is the meaning of this? Is this the answer to who wins the world cup?

Yeye angry angry angry
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by otolorin(m): 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2006
why d tin dey pain you know?
are you a man utd fan?
den speak! that was just all i demanded

well its not what determines who wins - but statistics go a long way
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bolaoni(m): 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2006
Abeg take ur statistics somewhere else jare

Don't turn the thread into another thing. if you wan raise statistics,
start a new thread and anybody interested can post there

Mr Statistician! grin grin grin
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by otolorin(m): 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2006
why is the statistics such a pain in the neck, if you dont like it, cant u just ignore?
let people who want to say anytin say
its no use startin anoda thread when d stats can change after every match, (where d'u put the aspect of redundancy?)

i'm sure some pple will comment abt these b4 we get to talk about the outcome of the next set of matches

peace
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bagoma(f): 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2006
@ otolorin and bolaoni,
all i've got to say to the both of you is cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.

funny guys grin
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by bagoma(f): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2006
it looks like CIV will salvage something from this world though they are going home after this match.
wow! from 2 goals down now leading by 3 goals to 2 and with less than 10 mins of play left, including stoppage time. great. cheesy
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by otolorin(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2006
i need to commend these elephants play. they were wonderful.
but may i ask why drogba didnt play? did he get served with two yellow cards?
or was he just of the opinion that since the match made no difference, he didnt have to play? well if dat was what he was thinkin, den shame on him cos its d only match they won in the world cup and interestingly, he was not filed in the team.

the S&M must have been left to hang their heads in shame after last nite's match
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by GUNNER(f): 10:18am On Jun 22, 2006
Drogba had picked up 2 yellow cards 4rom the previous games
thats why he couldnt play the 3rd match

and he was certainly being patriotic by leading his teammates in that wonderful african celebration

it was nice seeing that
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by otolorin(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2006
thanks gunner.

twas wanderful watching the celebration

so lets hope ghana does africa proud today
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by slimnike(m): 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2006
I pray Ghana beat the USA,and Cech beat Italy.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by amodu(m): 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2006
The match is about to commence,

i also pra they win and make sure they make African great
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Christino(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2006
This is going 2 be tough one as a wounded lion won't let go without a dangerous bite. I pray for Ghana O.
Re: Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? by Christino(m): 4:29pm On Jun 22, 2006
Ghana 2 - USA 1 (52nd minute)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Vera Ribeiro: "Allow Portugal Players Masturbate" - Rui Patricio's Wife To Coach / My Public Lifestory Has Not Been True, My Real Name Is Not Mo Farah / Aaron Samuel Flaunts His New G-wagon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.