Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians (18782 Views)

Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by byteHead(m): 11:32am On Dec 30, 2015
Smh for religion

2 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by agunnadi1: 11:34am On Dec 30, 2015
OP
you write up is an indication that you are not a christian in the true sense
Please write on other things and leave a group you don't belong to alone.
presence of counterfeit is an evidence there is genuine.

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by emyarndy(m): 11:34am On Dec 30, 2015
Hmmmmm..
points though.....
but my pastor is real dont know about yours. ...

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mcdon1986: 11:35am On Dec 30, 2015
this is clearly a hate statement targeted towards the men of God and not in any way to liberate or in concern for the Nigeria populace.... we know Sahara long before now and their games. funny enough the forces associated with God loves is stronger than what such words can separate true Christian from God almighty......such words can only decieve baby christian and acclaimed miracles seekers but not true believer

3 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 30, 2015
This is the best write up on religion, I have seen on nairaland since I came onboard op am with you all the way let's join hand and run these con men out of town.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by sunsky29(m): 11:36am On Dec 30, 2015
Abeg nothing concern me..

In other words.

Yesterday was my birthday but I wasn't shown enough love from my nairaland family

Common y'll,let the love continue here mehn..its still my birthday till d new year's eve

3 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by cruzita(f): 11:37am On Dec 30, 2015
yet people continue to fall preys

2 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by harios: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2015
Some one mentioned 90% of the pastors are fake. I am a christian and I think that in Nigeria and Africa, fake pastors and priest are close to 95-97%. It is only about 3-5% that I, think are fair enough to be called pastors or priest in Nigeria and Africa specifically. There is no spiritual descernment to this fact. It is a very clear fact. After so many years of job haunting and the rest of it.. some one suddenly picks up and says he is the General Oversee of one ministry or church...That is what you see in Nigeria. I suggest a legislature on illegal religious building or activities.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by menxer: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2015
Religion is the Opium of the masses, especially blacks.

Even when the bible calls us to "reason together" pastors would tell you to obey without reasoning.

How can an omniscient God want his children to act and believe irrationally?

Whose report should we believe?

Ps:
This is just for sake of NL comments, my belief is independent of pastors/church indoctrinations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by viktor01(m): 11:41am On Dec 30, 2015
"I do not believe in miracles because like gods, demons, spirits, witches and wizards, there's no evidence for their existence"

I quite agree with you on many of your points but @ the embolden, except you are not an African then, you are excused.
My point is that these things actually exist, one doesn't say because he has never seeing a spirit that makes their existence a lie.

3 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2015
mcdon1986:
this is clearly a hate statement targeted towards the men of God and not in any way to liberate or in concern for the Nigeria populace.... we know Sahara long before now and their games. funny enough the forces associated with God loves is stronger than what such words can separate true Christian from God almighty......such words can only decieve baby christian and acclaimed miracles seekers but not true believer
Maybe you should free your mind a little bit ,then you will understand that the op has a point, in western nation religion is regulated to protect citizens, yet pastors do evil , let alone in Nigeria where they are left to do as they wish.

3 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by harios: 11:47am On Dec 30, 2015
Should Miracles be Advertised on Televisons ?
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by whitebone(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2015
I hate religion with passion, spirituality is what every man should develop... The dawn of the new age is here.. Feels good to know I'm not the only one who sees religion as scam and a means to control people through fear.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by demsid(m): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2015
Nice writeup op. 90% true whether u use ur brain or nt. I jst hope religion isnt scam at d end, cos 've invested so much alrdy in faith. Bt i use my brain wen d pastor/imam start scoping us to drop last card.

2 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by smsshola(m): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2015
May the God make the follower wise...
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by rexbuton: 11:52am On Dec 30, 2015
these are the end times... We are not of this world
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by manifoldcrafty(m): 11:54am On Dec 30, 2015
THE MERE FACT THAT THERE ARE SOME FALSE PROPHETS DOESNT MEAN ALL PASTORS ARE NOW FAKE.PLEASE MIND HOW YOU U TALK ABOUT MEN OF GOD...TALKS LIKE THIS BRINGS CURSES AND NOT BLESSINGS...THANKS ALL
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 30, 2015
What I always wonder about is why are the supposedly less religious nations (e.g. Germany, USA, Britain) prosperous while the overtly religious ones (e.g. Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Ghana)wallow in poverty, inequality and apparently full of social vices?

5 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by whitebone(m): 11:58am On Dec 30, 2015
MEHN!!! With all these post wey niggas they drop for this thread it has clearly shown say hunger go waya many so call prophets next year becos naija people do wise up.. 2016 na bad year for religious business be that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Arabs999: 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
...This is a very classic novel, and should be circulated in every market places, streets, etc
...A copy should be given to Puuhari, APC, CODINE, PDP, DPP, SSS, ASS, Oshogbo weeds smokers, Buruntachi swallowers, All Ashawos, Kwarangidas, Akunakunas and their born throway children, etc, ftc

....It seems the OP below me smoked cocaine with Liar Mohammed...
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by sivel(m): 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
OP your writing is interesting. It has a lot of truth in it. However, i feel u r bit out of line.
Firstly r u a christian?
If u r not then its fine. But if u r can u explain why Jesus prayed until his sweat turned to blood since u dont believe in prayers.
Also is it possible to have a fake currency without the existence of genuine currency?
Still ur post makes a lot sense though i disagree with a few items.

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by whitebone(m): 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
Oyinbo wey bring the religion come sef no do reach us.. Na wa for this country o

5 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by donshady(m): 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
You're a fool..
Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Mark 9:29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

Even Jesus went to the mountain to pray

Luke 6:12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
ur perspective ... not mine . . am sure you don't believe in Christ , for if you do, u won't be saying this
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by achu442(m): 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
The carnal mind understandeth NOT the things of the Spirit neither can he know them. Why? They are SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED or understood. 1 Cor. 2:14.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by 1freshdude: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
Psalm18:
Great write up Opening poster (OP)

I only but hope 2016 is better for Nigeria and its people through hard work, personal piety and sincerity from top to bottom. Amen.

You dont need a soothsayer to tell you that 2016 will be very turf and turbulent for Nigeria as a country, obvious signs of this ''prophesy'' is glaring for all who have eyes.

Insanity is doing same thing over again and over again and expecting different results... Albert Einstein.

Nigeria will never leave the woods if they remain on the ''sky daddy'' crew!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by ehinmowo: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2015
Firstly, ur. story is too long. secondly things you listed as a tool for deceiving gullible christians are tools for knowing authentic Christianity.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mapet: 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
Demmocrats:

Praying is not a sign of faith, it indicates a lack of faith. You would not pray if you truly believed in an all-powerful God who has a perfect plan for your life.

Who ever wrote this crap, needs God asap.

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1. You've simply said it all. The paradigm of an atheist is different, hence you get conclusion that had no biblical basis.
2. Secondly as beautiful as the write-up looks, I think lumping all men of God together in these accusations shows a sign of lack of depth
3. Yes, I agree the gospel has been commercialized.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by 1freshdude: 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
“Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.”....George Carlin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mcdon1986: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
blueseacats:
Maybe you should free your mind a little bit ,then you will understand that the op has a point, in western nation religion is regulated to protect citizens, yet pastors do evil , let alone in Nigeria where they are left to do as they wish.
yes truly there are fake pastor..... let me ask you do you think government can truly regulate what ought to be spiritual from the stand point of the natural(human policy). the western aim towards Christianity is not to regulate it but to kill it and the reason why they've succeeded this far, it's because the Christian there are fake, they missed it when they began to like things outside the boundary of God, and if Nigeria Christians fails to rise up against the quackery of Christian movements in Nigeria, our case will not be different from that of the western community where fear for God and Godly, even moral standard has fallen, over in the west
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by aydrees09: 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
IRREVO:
Fool!!!
Surprisingly, u did not call ur "DADDY G.O" , PROPHETS fools with there 99% failed prophesies.
My friend, I think u myt want to change d "fool" u called the op.
WE ARE THE ENEMY OF OURSELVES.
Pray and worship GOD as the BOOKS "spelt" it.
Simple, not ass-licking a fellow man.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives / What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics / 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.