Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians (18781 Views)

Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by RealSleek(m): 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
Dats a very nice write up, I dnt agree with it all but it speaks my mind at a point.
Our so called men of faith indeed has no faith themselves, they cannot boldly lay hands anymore...all they do now is " there is somebody here who has an headache", out of thousands of pple, the chances there will be someone with headache is high- where is the specificity in dats??. so I just dont gerrit anymore.
I pity those who carry their G.O for head.
Many people may not agree with me, T.B JOSHUA is the only man of God I recognise...very down to earth and a giver...even if he scams he GIVES back unlike those who only buys jet , build expensive schools maybe to spite their poor followers -who knows...I watch the video clip where oyedepo slapped the alleged witch-girl and my stomach turned in disgust, would Jesus do dt
fact is that our men of god(definitely not jehovah) has lost there soul to money, they hv been overcome by the perilous time of convenience.
For everything gained there is something lost, in this case, our pastors' lost their faith but they gained money.
inconclusion, the Op needs to understands genuine miracle still happens, only very very very very rare
thank you.

*drops mic*

5 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mapet: 12:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
viktor01:
"I do not believe in miracles because like gods, demons, spirits, witches and wizards, there's no evidence for their existence"

I quite agree with you on many of your points but @ the embolden, except you are not an African then, you are excused.
My point is that these things actually exist, one doesn't say because he has never seeing a spirit that makes their existence a lie.

In fact, the OP blundered on the point, because he did not state his own definition of miracles and check if it aligns with the christian definition of miracles. He comes up with a standard i.e. "grow a limb".............. Is that a standard definition or who says that's a miracle? How for instance do we differentiate miracles from magic or sorcery?. For instance, I believe TB Joshua is a false prophet, yet I watched how he pointed to a deformed boy (with twisted neck) and it moved back to position. Would I call that a miracle magic or sorcery?
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Kronos12(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
We know that Satan is out to discredit men of God, we are not ignorant of the devi devices. We know that the devil is out to make Christians let down their guard(prayers)
And we know that the devil want men to be carnally minded, but we that God that we are able to discern, we know that prayer is the confession of our faith, we know that the spiritual realm is alive, divine healing is true(Spokane was pronounced the healthiest city in new York because of the ministry of John G Lake, John G Lake proved divine healing by scientific methods), and we know that the Spirit of God reside within men and by that spirit He gave unto men Apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists and teachers for the edification of the Saints. And what the devil is trying to do today is that he is trying to discredit the Apostles, the prophets, teachers, evangelists and pastors so that the Saints will not be edified. The devil wants to bring us back to those days where the word of the Lord were scarce because there were no prophets.................. BEWARE we are not ignorant of the devil's devices

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by 1freshdude: 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
mcdon1986:

yes truly there are fake pastor..... let me ask you do you think government can truly regulate what ought to be spiritual from the stand point of the natural(human policy). the western aim towards Christianity is not to regulate it but to kill it and the reason why they've succeeded this far, it's because the Christian there are fake, they missed it when they began to like things outside the boundary of God, and if Nigeria Christians fails to rise up against the quackery of Christian movements in Nigeria, our case will not be different from that of the western community......fear for God and Godly, even moral standard has fallen, over in the west

Doesn't it bother you that despite their fallen Christian moral standard they live a much better life in all ramifications than people in Nigeria/Africa who claim to be upholding the commandments of God?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2015
oglalasioux:
With more people thinking like the OP, there is hope for the black race. Kudos.
Serious Hope,

The reason prophets do
everything they can to avoid being specific when they announce
their prophecies is that it weakens them and makes them appear as
charlatans.

They are All Con Artists... all of em

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Kronos12(m): 12:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
mapet:

In fact, the OP blundered on the point, because he did not state his own definition of miracles and check if it aligns with the christian definition of miracles. He comes up with a standard i.e. "grow a limb".............. Is that a standard definition or who says that's a miracle? How for instance do we differentiate miracles from magic or sorcery?. For instance, I believe TB Joshua is a false prophet, yet I watched how he pointed to a deformed boy (with twisted neck) and it moved back to position. Would I call that a miracle magic or sorcery?

Whoever gave you the right to call a prophet false........... Even when you saw the signs and wonders. Well Christ had said whoever does not believe in Me, he still will not believe even if he sees signs and wonders
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
donshady:
You're a fool..
Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Mark 9:29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

Even Jesus went to the mountain to pray

Luke 6:12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.

Muslims won't come to this thread and call someone a fool because they don't collude in the same ideologies as them.

Even Christianity in itself is fraught with too many factions: The Pentecostals, Catholics, C&S, Jehovah Witnesses etc. These factions all practice different doctrines. Some believe in Tithing under compulsion, some don't. Some believe in Hell, some don't. Tell me, do you mean everyone who doesn't practice and believe in what you do will go to Hell? How sure are you that the religion you believe in and practice is the right one? How sure are you that the faction of religion whose doctrines you hold to heart is the ONE?

To acquire a more profound understanding of life and its attendant mysteries, you sometimes need to question your own faith even as a religious folk. Only through open-mindedness and reasonable inquisitions, will you gain a more profound understanding of the universe and act right.

3 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by AmbodOfLASU: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
BlackPeni5:
Religion is a scam...But spirituality is genuine.

What do u mean by Spirituality?
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
mapet:

Really, are you sure the neck was really twisted or the boy was paid to look that. way? A miracle is an event which upon all rational observations goes beyond the laws of physics, chemistry and biology....

When Jesus raised the Dead...they were people known by ordinary. persons and known to be truly dead, one was three days entombed...yet he was brought back....That's a Miracle...

But when you bring someone who 90 percent of the congregants have not seen with the ailment and simply point ur fingers at them.....That's a Con Lie.

Elon Musk Launching his Rocket to the ends of Pluto and re landing it back to earth for reuse....That's a Miracle I'd rather believe over Nigerian pastors nay soothsayers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
Christian s pls hold firm to ur faith cos its written in Revelation that some confusers will try to make u doubt ur faith but always stand firm....

If the OP thinks lacks of faith makes christains pray then my question is "Why Did Jesus pray" ??

2 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mapet: 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
Kronos12:

Whoever gave you the right to call a prophet false........... Even when you saw the signs and wonders. Well Christ had said whoever does not believe in Me, he still will not believe even if he sees signs and wonders

Bros,

1. God gave me the right to call a false prophet false - 1 John 4:1, Jeremiah 14:14, Jeremiah 23:16, Matthew 7:15, Jeremiah 29:8, 2 Peter 2:1, 1 John 2:18
2. Signs and wonder is different from magic or sorcery. Signs and wonders wins souls and makes them rapture-bound. It does not bread freaks or commercial slaves
3. I have FULL assurance of my salvation

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
mcdon1986:

yes truly there are fake pastor..... let me ask you do you think government can truly regulate what ought to be spiritual from the stand point of the natural(human policy). the western aim towards Christianity is not to regulate it but to kill it and the reason why they've succeeded this far, it's because the Christian there are fake, they missed it when they began to like things outside the boundary of God, and if Nigeria Christians fails to rise up against the quackery of Christian movements in Nigeria, our case will not be different from that of the western community where fear for God and Godly, even moral standard has fallen, over in the west
Good, now let me ask you this, of what use is morality, if it does not give birth to decent living, yes western nations have distanced themselves from religion, yet their society is decent with corrupt people watching their back because they know they can't outrun the long arm of the law, and the people's common wealth is used to take care of the people, fast forward to Nigeria where we are morally upright yet corruption have brought Nigerian to their ? Give me western Christianity where I pay tithe and the church is audited annually ,as opposed to Nigerian version where nobody has the audacity to ask the pastor any question I will take the former any day.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2015
Demmocrats:

Who ever wrote this crap, needs God asap.

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

God bless you....my question for the OP is why did Jesus Pray??
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
Now that the Nation is in economic distress, I think these Pastors and their capitalist ventures should be overtly taxed....they don't pay tax enough and yet live ostentiously.

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by BlackPeni5: 12:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
AmbodOfLASU:

What do u mean by Spirituality?

Religion is a bunch of agreed rules and regulations that bind a set of people together. Whereas, Spirituality is the personal relationship between a human being and a deity.

You can be spiritual without being religious and be religious without being spiritual. Others try to combine the two.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
blueseacats:
Good, now let me ask you this, of what use is morality, if it does not give birth to decent living, yes western nations have distanced themselves from religion, yet their society is decent with corrupt people watching their back because they know they can't outrun the long arm of the law, and the people's common wealth is used to take care of the people, fast forward to Nigeria where we are morally upright yet corruption have brought Nigerian to their ? Give me western Christianity where I pay tithe and the church is audited annually ,as opposed to Nigerian version where nobody has the audacity to ask the pastor any question I will take the former any day.
guy you are purely ignorant,try to contact anyone living abroad who is a registered member of any church and ask him how much he donates in a month or year
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by mapet: 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
kazuna:

Really, are you sure the neck was really twisted or the boy was paid to look that. way? A miracle is an event which upon all rational observations goes beyond the laws of physics, chemistry and biology....

When Jesus raised the Dead...they were people known by ordinary. persons and known to be truly dead, one was three days entombed...yet he was brought back....That's a Miracle...

Buy when you bring someone who 90 percent of the congregants have not seen with the ailment and simply point ur fingers at them.....That's a Con Lie.

Elon Musk Launching his Rocket to the ends oo Pluto and re landing it back to earth for reuse....That's a Miracle I'd rather believe over Nigerian pastors nay soothsayers.

Bros,

I am not even bothered if it was stage-managed or not. What I know is that from all visible signs and spiritual insight, I know when something is not from God. That to me was not from God.

Secondly, Miracles are not the essence of Christianity. They are just like means to an end. The essence is to be in relationship (i.e. worship) with him. This is lost on many Christians, talk-less of the gullible and the fakers.

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by dikeigbo2(m): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nobe small ting
He who have ear,let him hear!

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Tamee(f): 12:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hmmmmmn
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by funso111: 12:48pm On Dec 30, 2015
midolian:

Credit : Ijabla Raymond

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/30/miracles-faith-healing-and-prophecies-tools-exploiting-gullible-christians-ijabla-raymond

hmmm God will help u. One day u will need that prophecy for your life . my prayer is that u God will help u. In the book of isaiah that was a prophecy for the birth of Jesus and the prophecy came to past after over 400 years. yes there are fake prophecy from fake pastor but that don't mean there are no real prophecy. Papa adeboye is God chosen pls.kumuyi is a pastor that teaches the true gospel. Are u saying over 30millions xtian are fools. For British prime minister to knee down in front of papa adeboye to pray for him during their last election. God will deepen your knowledge
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
mapet:

Bros,

Secondly, Miracles are not the essence of Christianity. They are just like means to an end. The essence is to be in relationship (i.e. worship) with him. This is lost on many Christians, talk-less of the gullible and the fakers.

You are insightful here...The religion here in Naija with all the over emphasis on miracles can turn one into a Wailer.

For a while there, I paused at that Second point....thanks
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by vicadex07(m): 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2015
Lexxyfund:
All what u typed, So true... but God really exist.. from an ex-atheist ,..I started believing when I saw something that paralysis my thought.. don't ask me what I saw.. bcus u won't believe even as a believer

Pls abeg tell us. I need to strengthen my faith. Let God use you through your testimony. I will be waiting patiently to hear it no matter how weird you might think it is.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by SHAIBULIAR: 12:52pm On Dec 30, 2015
I must organise some boys to stone some pastors tomorrow
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
guy you are purely ignorant,try to contact anyone living abroad who is a registered member of any church and ask him how much he donates in a month or year
I live there , New Mexico to be precise. Yes they contribute and all most all go to less privileged in the society and the government knows about it as they are audited to be sure, and when you pay tithe the government gives you back your money at the beginning of the year. Am expecting mine soon by January, just maybe you are the one that's on the ignorant side.
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by GuyfawkesAB(m): 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
Here's another money spinner in the name of 'Man of God' being drilled by US Federal Revenue and Tax officers

https://www.facebook.com/tzaahir/videos/10208132427298812/
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2015

1 Like

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
blueseacats:
I live there , New Mexico to be precise. Yes they contribute and all most all go to less privileged in the society and the government knows about it as they are audited to be sure, and when you pay tithe the government gives you back your money at the beginning of the year. Am expecting mine soon by January, just maybe you are the one that's on the ignorant side.
when has tax returns turn to tithe
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
Mr. Tithe is considered charitable donations and are treated as such. If you don't know know now. Hope you know how irs deals with charity donations during returns ?
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
emusmith:
The carnal mind understandeth NOT the things of the Spirit neither can he know them. Why? They are SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED or understood.
1 Cor. 2:14.

Op and his likes: It is the end that always justifies the means. A day comes, when every knee will bow to HIM who made it.

You mock divine miracles: Soon, you will need it and God will laugh because man, from the beginning, has depended on his infinitesimal wisdom and that has failed him. Truly, God's wisdom is foolishness to the wise. Salvation is what you need to truly be alive.

Jesus, all the way!!!

Funny that those who barely believe in Jesus are less corrupt than the people in Nigeria who take religion hypocritically serious.
There is correlation between how religious a country is and how poor it is. How bad it is and how corrupt it is.
Sorry the countries that depend on their wisdom are actually currently doing better. Very much better than those waiting on God to come build roads, plan their cities and enforce laws.

He mocks the fact that their is no proof of divine miracles today. I can perform a miracle. Any miracle if given the time. The same time it takes these so called men of God to plan a crusade and plan their so called miracles.

There are so may people on the street, they need miracles. There is none that I know of that has been healed. There are over 200 churches where I used to reside in Lagos. None of those guys have been healed. Not one.

He will need God and God will laugh? really? God does that? God is not childish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Maximus85(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
midolian:

Credit : Ijabla Raymond

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/30/miracles-faith-healing-and-prophecies-tools-exploiting-gullible-christians-ijabla-raymond

You didn't add PROSPERITY.

What makes me laff most is their yearly theme.

Since the 90's ooo
My year of double grace
My year of prosperity
My year of double portion
My year of divine upliftment
My year of absolute grace
My year of heaven on earth (lol)

Just look at them, they are all stuck/trapped in the same spot. Only if they can get free, they will be more successful working hard and then praying to God to bless their effort.

Good job by the pastors though, they well know how to fuel and ginger the gullible people's gullibility.

The more they look, the less they see.

Now, I'm waiting to be insulted. The truth is more bitter than bitter leave.

3 Likes

Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
kallmemrB:
Example this guy above just posted this, nobody will know this if not for irs audit https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10208132427298812&id=1544605485&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nairaland.com%2F2831220%2Fmiracles-faith-healing-prophecies-tools%2F2&_rdr. Now how do we know what our flamboyant pastors actually spend our money on?
Re: Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians by abbayrex: 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
This to me will be the best piece I have read this year. I hope our people are cured again the spell cast upon them by these charlatans who disguise as men of God. Most of them are senior occultic ifa priest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? / 3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives / What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.