Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,460 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? (883 Views)

Is It Proper For A Naija Babe To Propose Marriage To A Guy? / Ladies Ask Any Question, First Guy To Nail It Earns An Exclusive PM From You / My Girlfriend Is Using Another Guy To Play Games With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by marvelck: 8:14am On Dec 30, 2015
Most girls desire to have an honest and very open boyfriend, due to obvious reasons. And there are guys who tell their girlfriend virtually everything they do. They say na love. Like when another girl buys him a boxer, shirt or perfume, he tells his girlfriend about it. And even whenever he goes out on a friendly or harmless date with another girl, he ends up telling his main girlfriend about it. Some even disclose their salaries or the amount in their accounts to their babes. Girls love it when their guy is so honest and open like this. And you see such girls boasting and talking about it to their friends in school or at home. But come to think of it, is it right for a guy to be like that? Wont some see it as an act of insecurity or foolishness on the part of the guy. Cos, most girls are hardly honest. And yet, they want a guy to be honest and open with them
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by Cutehector(m): 8:16am On Dec 30, 2015
Yes... If she doesnt appreciate his honesty and openness, her loss it is!

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by donTbone(m): 8:20am On Dec 30, 2015
honesty is honesty. nothing like too honest. if you are honest you are honest and if you are not you are not!
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 30, 2015
I know most so called relationship professionals always advice partners to be completely honest with each other, but actually, there should be a limit to this honestly, so it doesn't evolve into stupidity.

The girl or guy you are dating is a human and as a human he or she is impressionable and vulnerable to certain things. You don't just open your mouth and spit out every truth, knowing fully well that some can be hurting to the person and may even change their general perception of you and diminish the trust they have for you.

Some things are better left unsaid.
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by 7footre(m): 8:21am On Dec 30, 2015
Nah no way.
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by obiorathesubtle: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2015
undecided na woman wrapper work be that... I tell you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by donTbone(m): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2015
Decker:
I know most so called relationship professionals always advice partners to be completely honest with each other, but actually, there should be a limit to this honestly, so it doesn't evolve into stupidity.

The girl or guy you are dating is a human and as a human he or she is impressionable and vulnerable to certain things. You don't just open your mouth and spit out every truth, knowing fully well that some can be hurting to the person and may even change their general perception of you and diminish the trust they have for you.

Some things are better left unsaid.
not saying anything simply means you wanna hang in the air. in as much as some truth hurts, some are better said earlier than later in the future no matter how much it hurts
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by gamaliel121(m): 8:28am On Dec 30, 2015
It is not proper mehn....your relationship won't last if you are honest and shiiiii...

These girls need lies to keep em going...trust me!!!

U don't have to tell them the truth all the time.....

And so you know...there are very dishonest!!!!
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by Erukumakanaki: 8:30am On Dec 30, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
undecided na woman wrapper work be that... I tell you!
Mouthpiece of the gods, You have spoken well!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 30, 2015
donTbone:

not saying anything simply means you wanna hang in the air. in as much as some truth hurts, some are better said earlier than later in the future no matter how much it hurts

I didn't say you shouldn't say anything, but you shouldn't say everything.

No matter how it hurts? Do you even know what you are saying? There are some kind of truths some people can't handle, and unearthing such kind of truths would only result in the person calling it quits with you.

In such cases, wisdom demands you shut the fuq up and put it behind you.
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by cruzita(f): 8:34am On Dec 30, 2015
depends on the kind of girl she is.if she is reliable and trustworthy yes but if not no
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by donTbone(m): 8:38am On Dec 30, 2015
Decker:

I didn't say you shouldn't say anything, but you shouldn't say everything.

No matter how it hurts? Do you even know what you are saying? There are some kind of truths some people can't handle, and unearthing such kind of truths would only result in the person calling it quits with you.

In such cases, wisdom demands you shut the fuq up and put it behind you.
better to call it quits with me than never knowvthe complete truth in some important situations.
yes...it might hurt at first, but at the long run she z gona appreciate me.

i'd rather love a woman for her sincerity and honesty than a pretender who wouldnt say anything until it backfires.

#myownopinionthough
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 30, 2015
Well, too honest could be a bad thing...undecided
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 30, 2015
donTbone:

better to call it quits with me than never knowvthe complete truth in some important situations.
yes...it might hurt at first, but at the long run she z gona appreciate me.

i'd rather love a woman for her sincerity and honesty than a pretender who wouldnt say anything until it backfires.

#myownopinionthough

You are funny. Better to call it quits with you? To be honest, you are talking like someone that hasn't been in a relationship before. Because if you have, you'd know that when you love someone and you are in a relationship with them, you wouldn't want anything to come between your union. That person becomes your number one priority and you wouldn't want to lose the person, no matter what.

Some kind of things people hear about other people leaves scars on them. Scars that can never be removed, scars that are forever engraved on their minds And if the person somehow still decides to still stay in a relationship with you, the person would never be able to see you as she once saw you. You'd metamorphose into an entirely different person in her mind. The person will begin judging you on that single stuff you told her. She would never be able to completely trust you, no matter what.

Trust me, you wouldn't want to live the rest of you life with someone like that.
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by kaziblake(f): 8:50am On Dec 30, 2015
To be honest and open to your girlfriend is the best thing that can happen in a relationship.
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by firstking01(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2015
marvelck:
Most girls desire to have an honest and very open boyfriend, due to obvious reasons. And there are guys who tell their girlfriend virtually everything they do. They say na love. Like when another girl buys him a boxer, shirt or perfume, he tells his girlfriend about it. And even whenever he goes out on a friendly or harmless date with another girl, he ends up telling his main girlfriend about it. Some even disclose their salaries or the amount in their accounts to their babes. Girls love it when their guy is so honest and open like this. And you see such girls boasting and talking about it to their friends in school or at home. But come to think of it, is it right for a guy to be like that? Wont some see it as an act of insecurity or foolishness on the part of the guy. Cos, most girls are hardly honest. And yet, they want a guy to be honest and open with them
mr....we are like that by default...this is my personality...i dnt knw hw to hide tins, or pretend to the gal i love...i love with everytin in me...if u like call me a weak guy, who cares, as long as it gives me dat inner joy and satisfaction...bt it has one big disadvantagesad...
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by donTbone(m): 9:00am On Dec 30, 2015
Decker:

You are funny. Better to call it quits with you? To be honest, you are talking like someone that hasn't been in a relationship before. Because if you have, you'd know that when you love someone and you are in a relationship with them, you wouldn't want anything to come between your union. That person becomes your number one priority and you wouldn't want to lose the person, no matter what.
hey bro... you know nothing bou me...

yea...I sounded like av not been in a relationship.
but did you know what happens after you gave your all, in trust and honesty and commitment to a lady just for u to see her vanish into thin air...WITHOUT EVEN BREAKING UP. did you?

you should nderstand me better now!
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by nerdfrost(m): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2015
Don't ask me,I'm here to read comments
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 30, 2015
donTbone:

hey bro... you know nothing bou me...

yea...I sounded like av not been in a relationship.
but did you know what happens after you gave your all, in trust and honesty and commitment to a lady just for u to see her vanish into thin air...WITHOUT EVEN BREAKING UP. did you?

you should nderstand me better now!

Yes I know nothing about you, and I don't care to know. The statement I made was what I inferred from the reply you gave.

Whether you had a break up before is none of my business and I don't see how it relates in anyway to this argument.
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by donTbone(m): 9:13am On Dec 30, 2015
Decker:

Yes I know nothing about you, and I don't care to know. The statement I made was what I inferred from the reply you gave.

Whether you had a break up before is none of my business and I don't see how it relates in anyway to this argument.
ok...
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by digitite: 9:35am On Dec 30, 2015
Women and perhaps people in general tends to abuse it.
Be open 40% of the time, unless when necessary.
Re: Is It Proper For A Guy To Be Too Honest And Open To His Girfriendl? by digitite: 9:36am On Dec 30, 2015
Women and perhaps people in general tends to abuse it.

Be open 40% of the time, unless when necessary. Then you can add to the gauge.

(1) (Reply)

Heartbroken And Bleeped Up Emotionally / Guys What Would You Do If It Were You / Lady's Experience Shopping For Contraceptives In Nigerian Pharmaceutical Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.