Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? (32481 Views)

If MTN Has Been Deducting Your Money For Game+, Please Come In. / "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria / MTN Nigeria Finally Found A Way To Pay Their Fine By Scamming Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by muhakeem(m): 9:35am On Dec 31, 2015
sammyomal:

Hmmm my brother ah happy for u o, diz our mods atimes eh, i just hope say egbon seun dey pay dem wella sha.
u better no use ur own finger call for ur expulsion
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by mzilakazi(m): 9:35am On Dec 31, 2015
We should remember that Buhari admitted that punishing foreign companies is as well some ways of closing leakages and making revenues for the state and fighting corruption. He has no choice, global oil prices have dropped.
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by Ucbiu(m): 9:37am On Dec 31, 2015
MTN WILL BE SHUT DOWN
grin
LACADESTICAL cool
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by airsaylongcon: 9:38am On Dec 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

In your dreams. Oil is a natural resource and it is mined naturally. Telecoms does not come naturally, you need billions of dollars to run such services.

A service business is always easier to run than a manufacturing or mining business. ALWAYS. What ever it takes to start or keep a telecoms company running is peanuts compared to running an oil mining company running.
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by flokii: 9:39am On Dec 31, 2015
philfrey08:

wetin concern MTN with SHoprite or DSTV?

Go dey shop for Foodco or other supermarts naw..........................Startimes no dey?

that's what I think tho.

Nigerians are really complaining about dstv... i'm sure you know they dnt bill us here d way they do in SA

it's more of a rip-off here

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by Harfisco(m): 9:39am On Dec 31, 2015
Lets wait and see
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by Bisjosh(f): 9:41am On Dec 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

South Africa is very tolerant when it comes to foreign investment. When any foreign company which is of a value to its market flount its regulations it won't rush to impose a hefty fine. It will afford the other party to present its case and listen whether it was deliberate or unintentional. It will only be after everything else has been exhausted that they will consider applying some little lashes but not to kill the company.

It should be borne in mind that foreign investment is important to our developments. They create jobs; sponsor major events and sports; sponsor education and offer scholarships to our students to study in local and overseas universities; they are major contributors of revenues through tax and also they help develop infrastructure through investment.

Why do we have to go to foreign countries to ask for investment? We invite them to our countries and when they do wrong we want to kill them without looking into facts. Investors are also not in our mercy, they can as well drop us like a hot potato and leave us with a dwindling economy.

God bless u for this sir!

Gullible Nigerians hope you can read?
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by mzilakazi(m): 9:42am On Dec 31, 2015
airsaylongcon:

A service business is always easier to run than a manufacturing or mining business. ALWAYS. What ever it takes to start or keep a telecoms company running is peanuts compared to running an oil mining company running.

I beg to differ. Oil comes out naturally. With services you will have to pay in order to have them and still maintain them endlessly. That's why all the governments across the world have left such to private companies. Go and study public Administration.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by obinnashady(m): 9:46am On Dec 31, 2015
yinkuscious:
pls kindly tell me what happened in 2001
U really want to know?
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by pabjo: 9:51am On Dec 31, 2015
ask me
allanphash7:
If you ask me na who i go ask?
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by mzilakazi(m): 9:53am On Dec 31, 2015
Should MTN leave they disconnect everything. Their fibre cables, Masts and network stations. They will even disconnect Nigeria from the world with the billions dollars that they have paid to install optic fibre cables below the ocean.
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by josephmbonu: 9:53am On Dec 31, 2015
Change government will increases in probe.
Something that happened in 1914 might happen again.
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by princemillla(m): 9:54am On Dec 31, 2015
khassy:

Instead of Cancel7D - Text Music to 5900

Then wait for the reply and send D again to5900.

Check your balance with *559*2#, 150MB should smile to you then.

That is new way for you to renewing the 150MB over and over.

Thank you Bro, are using urs wit simple server or siphon
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 31, 2015
freshboy88:

Dat z jst one of d numerous challenges we wil av 2 face. in as much as i want mtn 2 b dealt with, im jst scared of d TEMPORARY effect it wil av. Dats If it ends up being temporary
Don't fret. Their disappearance shall get felt by no one. Now if only these imbeciles in power can speed up things I've already bought glo and etisalat lines.
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by Perryjackson(m): 9:58am On Dec 31, 2015
I cant wait to make free calls
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

It does not need a rocket scientist to see that the NCC hefty fine imposed on MTN was predetermined and was meant to fund for Buhari N6 trillion budget. NCC knew well that MTN has millions of subscribers and affording them a small time frame will definitely catch them flat footed with many millions of unregistered subscribers still waiting to be deactivated. However, NCC according to NCA does not have powers to draft the law, implement it and prosecute when that law is violated. It is only a state that has such powers.
are you indirectly telling me dat NCC just gave the directive on SIM registration? Do you know that a large chunk of the numbers registered by the MTN operators were actually not registered? MTN never took the warnings serious, they saw it as the usual Nigeria thing and should not be taken with utmost importance. The fine though from a business perspective is on the high side and should be reduced. But letting MTN go scot free just like that will send a wrong message to other businesses. My question is, what happens to other operators that heeded the instruction while MTN flouted? Do we now let them see Nigeria as a country of no laws?

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by mzilakazi(m): 10:02am On Dec 31, 2015
franciskaine:
are you indirectly telling me dat NCC just gave the directive on SIM registration? Do you know that a large chunk of the numbers registered by the MTN operators were actually not registered? MTN never took the warnings serious, they saw it as the usual Nigeria thing and should not be taken with utmost importance. The fine though from a business perspective is on the high side and should be reduced. But letting MTN go scot free just like that will send a wrong message to other businesses. My question is, what happens to other operators that heeded the instruction while MTN flouted? Do we now let them see Nigeria as a country of no laws?

Good, that's why I say the fine was predetermined.
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by Dragonking: 10:03am On Dec 31, 2015
PassingShot:

NCC had no reason not to renew MTN's licence then.
NCC has more than enough reasons to renew MTN licence because they know how much MTN contributes to the country's GDP...

Read here; http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/double-honours-for-mtn-as-ncc-renews-digital-mobile-license/

Double honours for MTN as NCC renews digital mobile

The fine, even though huge, was known to MTN in the meeting all telecommunication coys had with NCC. Plus they were warned on previous violation before this particular one.
I dont know if there was an agreement or not but ask yourself, if there was really an agreement, why did the FG reduce it from N1.4tn to about N700bn? They should have stuck to the so called agreement. Also, if you think MTN was the only telecom company that flouted the instruction then you are wrong..All telecoms flouted the rule but MTN as usual is the scapegoat[/quote]

Forget about who will cover percentage fall. There are many telecommunication companies that will be happy to jump in. Withdrawal of their licence could be effective in six months from the day the pronouncement is made thereby using the period to get other coys enter the market.
Which telecom company can take up such a huge task? You guys think what MTN is contributing to this country is easy especially when you have a lot of corrupt politicians and leaders.. No telecoms will be willing to do what MN is doing because they dont want to suffer the same fate in the nearest future....Go and google out mtn nigeria contribution to this country and you will find out that even oil companies havent even done up to one tenth of mtn contribution...

Don't tell me MTN is indespensable in our telecommunication industry.
Dont get me wrong, mtn is not indespensable but right now we do not need any short fall in our already dwindling revenue...MTN deserves to be sanctioned but not N1.4tn...

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by Kells677(m): 10:06am On Dec 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

South Africa is very tolerant when it comes to foreign investment. When any foreign company which is of a value to its market flount its regulations it won't rush to impose a hefty fine. It will afford the other party to present its case and listen whether it was deliberate or unintentional. It will only be after everything else has been exhausted that they will consider applying some little lashes but not to kill the company.

It should be borne in mind that foreign investment is important to our developments. They create jobs; sponsor major events and sports; sponsor education and offer scholarships to our students to study in local and overseas universities; they are major contributors of revenues through tax and also they help develop infrastructure through investment.

Why do we have to go to foreign countries to ask for investment? We invite them to our countries and when they do wrong we want to kill them without looking into facts. Investors are also not in our mercy, they can as well drop us like a hot potato and leave us with a dwindling economy.
that's what u see when u have a person who doesn't know whether he wrote common entrance exam or not as a President no hard feelings @ warlords in NL just spewing my mind.
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by Dragonking: 10:07am On Dec 31, 2015
mzilakazi:
Should MTN leave they disconnect everything. Their fibre cables, Masts and network stations. They will even disconnect Nigeria from the world with the billions dollars that they have paid to install optic fibre cables below the ocean.
Dont mind the fo0lish people here...They dont know what is at stake...MTN should be fined but not an imposed fine that will totally destroy a company...MTN deducted my N1,000 for no reason so i have every reason to be mad with them but who will suffer at the end?

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by Dragonking: 10:09am On Dec 31, 2015
franciskaine:
If you dont know, all telecom operators flouted the instructions.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by lezz(m): 10:17am On Dec 31, 2015
mzilakazi:
In the event mtn refuses to pay the fine and licence is revoked and Nigeria nationalised the firm, all infrastructure remains. Mtn staff from S.A takes the next available flight. This isn't some love-gone-sour game by teenagers where gifts are recalled. No.

Your claim of mtn disconnecting Nigeria from the world is as foolish as your early submissions. I have two mobile's and a laptop and none uses mtn lines.
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by airsaylongcon: 10:19am On Dec 31, 2015
mzilakazi:

I beg to differ. Oil comes out naturally. With services you will have to pay in order to have them and still maintain them endlessly. That's why all the governments across the world have left such to private companies. Go and study public Administration.

Oil comes out naturally? Have you been at an oil platform before? Do you know the amount of work that is done to keep that oil in the ground? And eventually when it won't come out on its own how much is spent to artificially lift it? Why do you think when Mobil or BP cough the world sneezes whereas if Verizon or Tmobile or Orange faints only a few people care? Please don't compare oil production (surface or offshore) with Telecom service provision
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by lezz(m): 10:22am On Dec 31, 2015
mzilakazi:
In the event mtn refuses to pay the fine and licence is revoked and Nigeria nationalised the firm, all infrastructure remains. Mtn staff from S.A takes the next available flight. This isn't some love-gone-sour game by teenagers where gifts are recalled. No.

Your claim of mtn disconnecting Nigeria from the world is as foolish as your early submissions. I have two mobiles and a laptop and none uses mtn lines.
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by homerac7: 10:24am On Dec 31, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Oil comes out naturally? Have you been at an oil platform before? Do you know the amount of work that is done to keep that oil in the ground? And eventually when it won't come out on its own how much is spent to artificially lift it? Why do you think when Mobil or BP cough the world sneezes whereas if Verizon or Tmobile or Orange faints only a few people care? Please don't compare oil production (surface or offshore) with Telecom service provision

Bros, abeg leave that joker. He's a Southie supremacist clown well known to some of us on some other Nairaland threads. Hope you can now understand the bias behind his nonsense propositions, as if we no go school or no be professionals here.
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by airsaylongcon: 10:28am On Dec 31, 2015
homerac7:

Bros, abeg leave that joker. He's a Southie supremacist clown well known to some of us on some other Nairaland threads. Hope you can now understand the bias behind his nonsense propositions, as if we no go school or no be professionals here.

That is to say I dey waste my spit engaging him. *konks self*

And by southie supremacist your mean the guy dey see SA as world leader?
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 31, 2015
Two things are involved 1. all current and existing customers will have to call any network all over the world free of charge including free mms and data service all would be free

2. mtn would have to be leased out, i mean mtn would be sold to who so ever can afford to buy it

3. mtn license of operation would be revoged
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by homerac7: 10:41am On Dec 31, 2015
airsaylongcon:

That is to say I dey waste my spit engaging him. *konks self*

And by southie supremacist your mean the guy dey see SA as world leader?

You know that kain "Southie Mercedes big pass Naija own" thing naa. Abeg bone the guy make him dey wallow inside him cocoon.

Check him profile topics and see his opinion about Naija to know who you dey follow drag
Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by mzilakazi(m): 10:46am On Dec 31, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Oil is a natural resource. You don't buy or manufacture oil.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by favourmic(m): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2015
ckmayoca:
Everybody help me thank God ooo. Nairaland mods don free me o after not allowing me comment for 3 days just cos I insulted someone called me foolish and I called my back and he reported first oh.

the same thing happen to me and I don create another account, sharply but I go report plenty people o make them keep blocking them for 3days or more

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? by figment232(m): 11:01am On Dec 31, 2015
PassingShot:

Wrong!

As far as there has not been any court pronouncement on the matter, that MTN has gone to court cannot be used to excuse the fine.

If MTN didn't accept it erred, why did they plead with the govt to reduce the fine which was subsequently reduced.

If NCC/FG really want to deal with MTN, their licence could be withdrawn with immediate effect. It will be good news to many other telecommunication companies that will be happy to take such opportunity from MTN.

MTN in my opinion is playing with FIRE!
My frend u re so daft,am sure u re one of those APC zombies that reason from their anus.do u knw d effect of withdrawing mtn licence,,,, hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unboxing Photos Of The New Nokia 3310 (2017) / Phone Fraud At Computer Village, Ikeja / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.