Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court (22980 Views)

FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit / Governor Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court - See Notice Of Appeal (PHOTOS) / CCT Trial: Saraki Heads To Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by opeyemiieblog(m): 10:51am On Jan 01, 2016
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Atlantian: 10:53am On Jan 01, 2016
Election results are no more being respected, now bribed judges decides who leads the people. I hope I get my family out of Nigeria before the shit hits the ceiling.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by obasiken: 10:54am On Jan 01, 2016
Where is Ponponkon the town crier from Igwe Ikpeazu?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Leopardd(m): 10:54am On Jan 01, 2016
ahamonyeka:
what has he done within a short period?all those things are camouflage.

I dey tell you bros, everywhere don dey change for Aba.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by henryhemon(m): 10:55am On Jan 01, 2016
vickyfrancis1:
Dr OKEZIE IKPEAZU... The best governor so far...it is well with abians.....victory shall be ours again.....I respect u sir... U ve really done well within a short period... All iz well

By their moniker you can tell,Vicky that's a woman's name but he claims to be make that's how confuse enemies I progress will remain. Amen.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by henryhemon(m): 10:58am On Jan 01, 2016
No you are not,we didn't vote for you.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Shegun93(m): 11:22am On Jan 01, 2016
Nigerian can now be rest assure that justice will be done in court; our democracy is now growing rapidly, well mr gov it is still within your right to seek justice at any established court of law.. So wait and let see the outcomes of the supreme court
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Nuezha(m): 11:22am On Jan 01, 2016
in Idi Amin's voice: freedom of speech is guaranteed but freedom after speech is not sure.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Allwility: 11:30am On Jan 01, 2016
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I am not a Supreme Court Justice hence my opinion may not matter in the scheme of things but I find it preposterous that Appeal Court Judges can give a mandate to a candidate by deinfrachasing three LGAs with voting strength that outweighs the scores registered for each guber candidate.

It means that those LGAs have no say on who becomes their governor and by extension their people.

The judgment is ridiculous to say the least.

This judgment is a resemblance of the tribunal judgment that declared Mama Taraba the APC candidate the governor on flimsy premise.

Thank you! I'm no fan of PDP but the rule of law must be followed. The court of appeal shouldn't disenfranchise thousands of voters.
Insightful analysis I must say. Gentleman, what's your poison?

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by wink2015(m): 11:33am On Jan 01, 2016
[size=18pt]Senator Ekwenufe representing Anambra state stole the peoples vote and was sack and now Governor Ikpeazu is being sack for stealing the peoples mandate.

Sacking everywhere, pdp is fasting down in Nigeria after all the rigging of election and massive corruption involving Obasanjo, Jonathan and his pdp men[/size]
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Ryda(m): 11:40am On Jan 01, 2016
Yes i agree, he is the Governor they wish they never had but some way some how he rigged himself in and the table is about to be turned

2016 ain't 2015 notice the change in d last digit.
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Rexology: 11:42am On Jan 01, 2016
Clerverly:

Nna, Your position is Misleading to say the least. Have you seen a Copy of the judgment?

Don't mind that guy... not even Ikpeazu had seen the copy of the judgment as at the time of this press release.

2 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by blexon: 11:48am On Jan 01, 2016
Abians Dnt have problem with ikpeazu....just dat T A orji can't influence otii this is prayer answered to get abia free from TA orji' s hold.....
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by tymgotel: 11:58am On Jan 01, 2016
kihemeje96:
Abia state Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu released a press statement following the receipt of the judgment of the court of appeal sitting at Owerri on his election as the state governor. Read his statement below:
"DISTINGUISHED LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
I have just been informed that the Court of Appeal sitting at Owerri has nullified my victory as the duly elected Governor of Abia State and ordered that one of my opponents at the election, Dr. Alex Otti should be sworn in as the winner of the election.
As of this moment, I have not received the full briefing on the reason for the decision of the Court of Appeal but my Lawyers are still at the Court waiting to obtain a copy of the Judgment for further studying and it is past 7pm. The next 4 days are Public Holidays and the timing of the judgment means that we are losing valuable days to study the judgment and file our Appeal.
I wish to state at this point that preliminary reports available to me indicate that the premise upon which the decision of the Court of Appeal was arrived at is at best tenuous.
That being said, I wish to express my utmost confidence in the ability of the Justices of the Supreme Court to correct the anomaly at the Court of Appeal and uphold my victory as had been earlier done by the Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Umuahia.
In the interim, while I have instructed my Lawyers to take steps to file an immediate Appeal at the Supreme Court, I wish to assure all Abians that all is well. I remain the Governor of Abia State until the Supreme Court reaffirms my mandate which was freely given to me by the good people of Abia State during the elections.
I call on the Security Agencies to maintain the peace in Abia State and ensure that people go about their legitimate businesses without fear of disruption from any quarters. I also call on our supporters to remain calm in the face of provocation.
I remain supremely confident that at the end of the day, victory shall be ours.
I thank you all for listening and wish you a prosperous 2016".
Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, Ph.D
Governor, Abia State

http://www.news-world-update.com/2016/01/i-remain-your-governor-ikpeazu-tells.html
we dnt need criminals again. Alex otti we knw!!

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by coldFLARES1(m): 12:01pm On Jan 01, 2016
allthingsgood:
Thank God its not apc he lost to if not one bushpig with brain of straw will come and sing that buhari is interfering with judiciary
Exactly my problem with those sore losers from the land of the rising fraud! Their jaundiced sense of partisanship tells them everything must be anti-Buhari/APC for it to be fair or just. Now they feel cool that an appellate court has reversed the fraud against them, in good time, even if this was substantially made possible by a relatively greater autonomy for the judicial arm of government. Wish Nigerians and 'Biafrans' could be less parochial this new year and going forward.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 01, 2016
Let the guy go n fucrk himself!!! You're a thief, abia state gave you no damn mandate.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by eagleeye2: 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2016
The three contentious LGs were initially cancelled and INECs position on that was forced to be reversed... I knew that this will always come back to bite PDP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by enzony(m): 12:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I am not a Supreme Court Justice hence my opinion may not matter in the scheme of things but I find it preposterous that Appeal Court Judges can give a mandate to a candidate by deinfrachasing three LGAs with voting strength that outweighs the scores registered for each guber candidate.

This judgment is a resemblance of the tribunal judgment that declared Mama Taraba the APC candidate the governor on flimsy premise.

You expected the flawed and rigged polls from the 3 local govt to stand. Truth is that Alex Otti won in every local govt. PDP intimidation and thuggery during the polls was well documented, hence this ruling. You had around 85k registered voters in Obingwa alone and Okezie gave himself over 83k of that number. Where in the world do you have over 98% voter turnout and all voted for one party in a multi party system Maybe in North Korea and Saddam Hussein's Iraq.
This level of impunity can't stand before any court of law. Get over it. Alex Otti will be sworn in earliest on Monday.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Ponponkon: 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2016
obasiken:
Where is Ponponkon the town crier from Igwe Ikpeazu?
For clarity to those of you that have not seen the provisions of the Electoral Act, the appeal court judgment will only stand if the canceled votes will not substantially affect the result of the election. This is the law! We all saw when the Judges turned to mathematicians yesterday, failing to take cognizance of the total number of valid votes ( from the cancelled votes ) and marry same with the result of the election for purposes of knowing whether or not it substantially affected the result of the election. Valid votes entered entered for Ikeazu which the Petitioners themselves submitted will obviously affect the result of the election where the invalid votes are carefully removed. Assuming this procedure is abandoned, the CA had by their own judgment yesterday found the election INCONCLUSIVE by upholding the cancellation of 3 LGS. Then, the question is, what should be the legal consequences where election is inconclusive That is, where some Local governments are cancelled
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Henovy: 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
I knew it! So you think the guy will just give up like that after tasting the sweet juice of government house? No way! I wish he could be made to refund all the money he was paid as salaries and allowances, security vote and even legal expenses, it would have been cooool.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Khez: 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
Which free mandate?

By who?

From who?

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by nwadiuko1(m): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2016
enzony:

You expected the flawed and rigged polls from the 3 local govt to stand. Truth is that Alex Otti won in every local govt. PDP intimidation and thuggery during the polls was well documented, hence this ruling. You had around 85k registered voters in Obingwa alone and Okezie gave himself over 83k of that number. Where in the world do you have over 98% voter turnout and all voted for one party in a multi party system Maybe in North Korea and Saddam Hussein's Iraq.
This level of impunity can't stand before any court of law. Get over it. Alex Otti will be sworn in earliest on Monday.
Monday? night you know nothing about the law
Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by kahal29: 1:44pm On Jan 01, 2016
Nwogbe:
Otti shld enjoy his short term victory at the appeal given by drunk judges. How can u cancel the results of three lga's and declare Otti winner? The judgement can't stand at the supreme. The least is to order for a re-run in those three lga's which will be a walk over for Ikpeazu.

Do you know how many that was cancelled in EDO, ONDO, EKITI and OSUN for Oshiomole, Mimiko, Fayemi and Aregbesola to become governor. In OSUN for instance 10 LGA's were cancelled out of 30 to declare Aregbesola winner in 2010. So cancelling 3 LGA out 17 in Abia is nothing new.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/how-appeal-court-declared-aregbesola-winner/

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by zendy: 1:48pm On Jan 01, 2016
I have no problem with Ikpeazu. I even like what he has done so far in Abia state. But everyone in Igboland knows he stole the mandate of Alex Otti.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by gsport: 2:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
eagleeye2:
The three contentious LGs were initially cancelled and INECs position on that was forced to be reversed... I knew that this will always come back to bite PDP
. The top pdp members descend on the state Inec chairman to force her to accept the purported results from the said l,G A,where all the observers both local and foreign attest they is no elections. What they did was liken to what apc attempt to do in southern ijwa in balysa state recently .if you violate electoral act or law in ten local government the commission have the power to do justice by nullified the fraud. The argument as whether the three purported large lgas will be dis franchised to return a Governors is lame. Equity demand that those who come to it must do so with clean hands,you can not benefit from ur own fraud. it's pdp that make the election in those local government areas impossible yet bring in fraudulent results,unbiased view is the judgment is sound,logical given the evidence that was presented before the court the report of all the observers. The moral reason is nothing is right until is right. Peace unto abia

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by denssing: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
sorry sir, Abians voted for Otti.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by ojnnaco(m): 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2016
na by force to remain they governor.... just obey the law and vacate the office ... the rule of impunity and rascality is over ...
Good morning Abia State

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by pinkcita: 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2016
xyz098:
he has a good case. 3 LGA's can't be disenfranchised by cancelling their votes. the margin of otti's victory is lower than the total number of registered voters in the 3 LGA's , such a result can't stand. the worst that would happen is for fresh elections to be held in the 3 LGA which Ikpeazu would win because that is his strong hold.
I believe you are trying to console your self...but dnt worry start practicing how to cry because the real cry I'd coming

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by denssing: 7:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
sorry sir. Abians voted for Otti.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by ahamonyeka(m): 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2016
Leopardd:

I dey tell you bros, everywhere don dey change for Aba.
yes because he rigged the election so,he will want to do something so that people of abians will support him.tell if you are the one there you also wznt to do something.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Obyn: 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
Abians is quite a pity the kind of little minds that we have. First I will like to give my sincere reasons why I preferred present governor (Okezie Ikpeazu) to remain in the seat;
1. The short time of leadership for decades, Aba is turning a new face, awesome work is on-going in Aba Abia state.
2. Abia is one of the few state that dont own their workers since this Man claim governorship seat
3. APC is not supposed to have a face in the hole of south east. Note Abians that Hausa and Yourba has a died plan for Ibos and Alex has joined APC ( d update) in order to win d case. The Imos are suffering the offspring mandate of APC leadership.
4. We should look beyond who d formal governor brough after him, what matters is self individual and we can see living proofs already. In the history of Aba has never seen a new face with what is happening now.

Abians note our parental father can be a terrible person but is not a guarantee that his Son will follow his footstep.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court by Obyn: 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
Yes i agree, he is the Governor they wish they never had but some way some how he rigged himself in and the table is about to be turned

2016 ain't 2015 notice the change in d last

What matters for me is that the governor is working in that abandon Abia state, the worst state in decades due to bad governors. So, if is agreed that okezie is doing well in short period why cant Abians give him full chance. There is no election that is free of rigging not even one. What matters is a man with human mind not party, rigging or godfather. Abians have really suffered, give light a chance to shine on....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo APC Crisis: "I Am In Charge" - Okorocha Regains Ground (VIDEO) / Proscribed IPOB Members Protest In Aba Today,say IGP Can't Intimidate Them(pics / Soludo's Full Statement: Bans Okada And Tricycle. Curfew From 6am To 6pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.