Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. (6515 Views)

Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by plaetton: 10:49am On Jan 02, 2016
In Nigeria, the first week of any year has come to be celebrated as CLOWN season, when the Nations horde of Clowns come out in full regalia to showcase to Nigerians (and anyone out there who might be watching) why they are clowns..

It is the season when clowns, operating in an alternate universe, a dumb universe, where the dynamics of history and laws of economics, scientific rationalism and statistics do no apply.

These Clowns , competing among themselves for media space, rollout their god-inspired prophecies for the new year, almost much in the same manner as a government rolling out its yearly budget.

For anyone who has any doubts that Evangelical Christianity in Nigeria is a clown show, just tune in to the disjointed babbles being peddled to the sheeples as prophecies.

By the way, the WTF is a prophecy, and who needs it ?
Is it a necessity for economic planning ?

So some prominent people will die this year? Wow! What a surprise. shocked

So, political tensions will increase this year ? No kidding !!

So new STD outbreak? Wow!
But don't scientists discover new strains of stds almost every year?

How about the price of oil, GDP growth, and exchange rate predictions for the new year.

What about our agricultural output? Deficit or Surplus this year?

Don't expect Circus clowns to answer economic questions, because the subject is not taught in their magical , clown universe.

The January clown festival clearly showcases the stench and the intellectual and moral paucity of the Pentecostal movement in Nigeria via their primary agents, the PFN, aka, the Pentecostal Fraudsters of Nigeria.

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by hahn(m): 11:01am On Jan 02, 2016
The only people who take such predictions seriously are those who fail to think for themselves undecided

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 02, 2016
The gullibility in the system is annoying. My problem is not usually with the Crooks who feed on the gullible but largely on the Gullible, men with Human Brains, who seem to have lost the gift of commonsense.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by johnydon22(m): 11:04am On Jan 02, 2016
It is seriously amazing..

Let me make my own prophecies.
Boko haram will pull another attack..
A politician will die if they don't pray.
A nollywood actor will die.
Nigeria will see further economic break down.
President buhari should watch his health.
ISIL will intensify attack leading to major coalition of world powers.
somebody here will have twins
Nairaland will push more useless topics to front page and keep marginalizing science topics.

And imbecil_es will take these con men serious after they yap things that are very likely to be the case and call them prophecies buttered in trials and errors.... Its incredible..

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 02, 2016
hahn:
The only people who take such predictions seriously are those who fail to think for themselves undecided
There are some whose idea of 'thinking for themselves' means believing, first, every word the Man of God utters is infallible.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by Heavenly102: 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Reyginus:
The gullibility in the system is annoying. My problem is not usually with the Crooks who feed on the gullible but largely on the Gullible, men with Human Brains, who seem to have lost the gift of commonsense.

How can you explain this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzbpc_gSHE4

These are not guesses, these are levels.
Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
Heavenly102:

How can you explain this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzbpc_gSHE4
These are not guesses, these are levels.
What's in the video?
Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by johnydon22(m): 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
Reyginus:
What's in the video?

Seriously mehn these guys are getting more daft..

The guy said he saw someone named Tony Put(something) crying congratulating Alex Ferguson .. which is Stoke City's coach will congratulate Ferguson over Man-U's victory over stoke..

Who in the world called this a prophecy of an unknown event, who can't guess that Man-U will beat Stoke City in 2013 ..

Seriously i am beginning to think the guys that win Niara bet predictions are prophets since someone saying Tony congratulate Ferguson (Very vague football prediction) is taken to be something spectacular.. And they were even clapping

WTF!!! Am ashamed of how gullible people can be..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by kevoh(m): 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Nairaland will push more useless topics to front page and keep marginalizing science topics.

Over six useless topics of Don Jazzy vs Olamide overtaking the frontpage already. angry Last year was Davido vs Sophie and Dele Momodu. Below is just a snapshot of useless topics (indicated by the red pointers) posted to frontpage before 3p.m. SMH undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by Heavenly102: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
johnydon22:

The guy said he saw someone named Tony Put(something) crying congratulating Alex Ferguson .. which is Stoke City's coach will congratulate Ferguson over Man-U's victory over stoke..

Who in the world called this a prophecy of an unknown event, who can't guess that Man-U will beat Stoke City in 2013 ..

Seriously i am beginning to think the guys that win Niara bet predictions are prophets since someone saying Tony congratulate Ferguson (Very vague football prediction) is taken to be something spectacular.. And they were even clapping

Dude he said Carrick would score in the first half and Van Persie would score the 2nd goal. You with your stupidity could have predicted Man U would win but not who would score and in which halves they would, stop being stupid and watch the whole video. Before I think you're just another loose-mouthed, pea-brained Richard Dawkins buttlicker.
Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by plaetton: 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
Heavenly102:

Dude he said Carrick would score in the first half and Van Persie would score the 2nd goal. You with your stupidity could have predicted Man U would win but not who would score and in which halves they would, stop being stupid and watch the whole video. Before I think you're just another loose-mouthed, pea-brained Richard Dawkins buttlicker.

So you're insisting that Yahweh is now in the European soccer betting business ?
Hhhmm!

9 Likes

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2016
I thought the atheists say that that as far as what people say or believe dont cause any harm , then its ok . grin

Antitheism is what you guys practice - so obvious now .

1 Like

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
plaetton:
[size=2pt]In Nigeria, the first week of any year has come to be celebrated as CLOWN season, when the Nations horde of Clowns come out in full regalia to showcase to Nigerians (and anyone out there who might be watching) why they are clowns..

It is the season when clowns, operating in an alternate universe, a dumb universe, where the dynamics of history and laws of economics, scientific rationalism and statistics do no apply.

These Clowns , competing among themselves for media space, rollout their god-inspired prophecies for the new year, almost much in the same manner as a government rolling out its yearly budget.

For anyone who has any doubts that Evangelical Christianity in Nigeria is a clown show, just tune in to the disjointed babbles being peddled to the sheeples as prophecies.

How about the price of oil, GDP growth, and exchange rate predictions for the new year.

Don't expect Circus clowns to answer economic questions, because the subject is not taught in their magical , clown universe.

The January clown festival clearly showcases the stench and the intellectual and moral paucity of the Pentecostal movement in Nigeria via their primary agents, the PFN, aka, the Pentecostal Fraudsters of Nigeria.[/size]

You ranted in 2012 , 2013 , 2014 , 2015 and now 2016 , yet no change . You really need to let people believe what they want to believe . Their actions regarding this manner do not affect you in any way , do they ?

Trust me . You'd do same in 2017 , 2018 and 2019 (election year ) and it goes on and on . cheesy .

Its fun to read your helpless rants tho cool

1 Like

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by plaetton: 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You ranted in 2012 , 2013 , 2014 , 2015 and now 2016 , yet no change . You really need to let people believe what they want to believe . Their actions regarding this manner does not affect you in any way , do they ?

Trust me . You'd do same in 2017 , 2018 and 2019 (election year ) and it goes on and on . cheesy .

Its fun to read your helpless rants tho cool

Of course, I will comment on next year's clown show, and the year after that.

What is your own beef with my expose' of this Tomfoolery ?
Are you ashamed to be a consumer of clown food?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
kevoh:

Over six useless topics of Don Jazzy vs Olamide overtaking the frontpage already. angry Last year was Davido vs Sophie and Dele Momodu. Below is just a snapshot of useless topics (indicated by the red pointers) posted to frontpage before 3p.m. SMH undecided

The beef is the biggest entertainment news this 2016 !!! Its a big Nigerian forum - the Nigerian people discuss about NEWSWORTHY happenings - and the 'useless ' topics which are one of those got Nairaland close to 250 k views and pages of comments from Nigerians . And I'm sure you clicked on at least one of the topics .

Not every science topic is informative and worthy to be on the front page of a NIGERIAN forum . The biggest foreign news in politics , entertainment dont make it to the front page too .

Stop the hypocrisy and breathe fresh air .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
plaetton:

Of course, I will comment on next year's clown show, and the year after that.

What is your own beef with my expose' of this Tomfoolery ?
Are you ashamed to be a consumer of clown food?

Am not ashamed and I barely read all their prophecies . People should know who are of God by now .

There are many problems in Nigeria to rant about - prophecies by some pastors aint one of one !

Let believe what they want to believe , your rants wont change anything
Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2016
Methinks these "prophecies" can also be deduced by simple common sense

But, praise Jesus, we don't have to do that undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by kevoh(m): 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The beef is the biggest entertainment news this 2016 !!! Its a big Nigerian forum - the Nigerian people discuss about NEWSWORTHY happenings - and the 'useless ' topics which are one of those got Nairaland close to 250 k views and pages of comments from Nigerians . And I'm sure you clicked on at least one of the topics .

Not every science topic is informative and worthy to be on the front page of a NIGERIAN forum . The biggest foreign news in politics , entertainment dont make it to the front page too .

Stop the hypocrisy and breathe fresh air .
Oh shut it! You guys just throw the word hyprocrisy any how. What is big about a disrespectful 'money-miss-road' tout(olamide) and a seemingly adult (Jazzy) behaving like kids who lack home-training on social media. These are supposed role-models! If that is what you guys call big these days, then I'm sorry for this generation.

And even if the beef is 'big', I believe having one sticky thread on frontpage is enough not over seven different threads of the same topic repeated nothing new added. Just same threads pushing away important ones into oblivion.

Science section is a dry land today because interested Nlders are not encouraged to go there due to lack of presence on frontpage. There's a thread on achievements made in 2015 in Science section and I believe this time of the year is the best time to put it on frontpage. If don jazzy and olamide can get about 10 threads on same fight on FP, I don't think asking for just one single thread about 2015 achievements in science to be on FP is hyprocritical. It will not stop Sheun from getting his traffic. That's all I'm saying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by plaetton: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Am not ashamed and I barely read all their prophecies . People should know who are of God by now .

There are many problems in Nigeria to rant about - prophecies by some pastors aint one of one !

Let believe what they want to believe , your rants wont change anything

Let me try again to summarize my beef with Pentecostal Christianity in Nigeria.
Pls read carefully.

In every society, there are always those who live and see reality from the fringes of lunacy.
They are usually very miniscule and insignificant, and therefore are inconsequential to the social , economic and political order of a civilized society.

But in Nigeria, the situation is upside down, just like everything else.

In Nigeria, people whose worldview are anchored upon, and who live on the fringes of lunacy are by far the majority.

Now, those of us who live outside of this loop, the lunacy fringes, are naturally alarmed at this inverted system, and the consequences on our collective identity, outlook and intellectual output.

A nation where the majority believe in and worship a skyfairy god that watches European football matches and makes predictions for bookies and gamblers , is indeed, a giant lunacy bin.

Don't you agree?
undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2016
kevoh:

Oh shut it! You guys just throw the word hyprocrisy any how. What is big about a disrespectful 'money-miss-road' tout(olamide) and a seemingly adult (Jazzy) behaving like kids who lack home-training on social media. These are supposed role-models! If that is what you guys call big these days, then I'm sorry for this generation.

And even if the news is 'big', I believe having one sticky thread on frontpage is enough not over seven different threads of the same topic repeated nothing new added.

Science section is a dry land today because interested Nlders are not encouraged to go there due to lack of presence on frontpage. There's a thread on achievements made in 2015 in Science section and I believe this time of the year is the best time to put it on frontpage. If don jazzy and olamide can get about 10 threads on same fight on FP, I don't think asking for just one single thread about 2015 achievements in science to be on FP is hyprocritical. It will not stop Sheun from getting his traffic. That's all I'm saying.

You just gave me your laconic opinion on the beef between Don J and Olamide . See ? Why complain when you already know about the beef - from one of the topics you clicked on I guess . You being hypocritical means you're complaining and still clicked on at least a topic to know what's going on wink

People's opinion on the news are what matters in a forum .

I just looked at the topics on science's front page and picked out only ONE front page worthy topic - which will most likely hit the front page .

You dont just write trash in the science section and call on the mods to push it to Nairaland's front page . undecided
Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
johnydon22:

Lololol..It's a pity. But are you really sure that's what is in it? lol
Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by kevoh(m): 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You just gave me your laconic opinion on the beef between Don J and Olamide . See ? Why complain when you already know about the beef - from one of the topics you clicked on I guess . You being hypocritical means you're complaining and still clicked on at least a topic to know what's going on wink

People's opinion on the news are what matters in a forum .

In summary of my two posts here, if S.eun wants to wash the FP with entertainment news all in the name of traffic and comments no one is stopping him as well as posting just one thread from an almost dead science section will not reduce this traffic but instead stimulate interests from another traffic group. That's all what I'm saying.

KingEbukasBlog:

I just looked at the topics on science's front page and picked out only ONE front page worthy topic - which will most likely hit the front page .

Exactly my point! Place is a desert with only a few science heads making any serious posts. Most people don't know it exists. A little presence on frontpage once in a while will do no harm . You are probably reading my posts here, with a mindset of science vs religion.

KingEbukasBlog:

You dont just write trash in the science section and call on the mods to push it to Nairaland's front page . undecided
This is a non-issue and regular habit by NLders of recent. Back in the early days of NL, FP topics would have gone 3 pages of mature discussion before making frontpage. Guess the Mods then had eyes for more mature topics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
plaetton:

Let me try again to summarize my beef with Pentecostal Christianity in Nigeria.
Pls read carefully.

In every society, there are always those who live and see reality from the fringes of lunacy.
They are usually very minuscule and insignificant, and therefore are inconsequential to the social , economic and political order of a civilized society.

But in Nigeria, the situation is upside down, just like everything else.

In Nigeria, people whose worldview are anchored upon, and who live on the fringes of lunacy are by far the majority.

Now, those of us who live outside of this loop, the lunacy fringes, are naturally alarmed at this inverted system, and the consequences on our collective identity, outlook and intellectual output.

A nation where the majority believe in and worship a skyfairy god that watches European football matches and makes predictions for bookies and gamblers , is indeed, a giant lunacy bin.

Don't you agree?
undecided

A predilective view from an atheist on the wrongs of Christianity - worth paying attention to . You didnt vilify these churches or their pastors when they tried to alleviate indigence amongst the masses . Why ?

1 Like

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
kevoh:

In summary of my two posts here, if S.eun wants to wash the FP with entertainment news all in the name of traffic and comments no one is stopping him as well as posting just one thread from an almost dead science section will not reduce this traffic but instead stimulate interests from another traffic group. That's all what I'm saying.

Then write interesting front page worthy science topics , or do you want him to do that for you ? undecided

Stop complaining and start acting !

Exactly my point! Place is a desert with only a few science heads making any serious posts. Most people don't know it exists. A little presence on frontpage once in a while will do no harm .

Then start writing front page worthy topics on the science section .

This is a non-issue and regular habit by NLders of recent. Back in the early days of NL, FP topics would have gone 3 pages of mature discussion before making frontpage.

You really need to understand how this works now . Most people are interested in topics on the front page , very few - compared to the traffic NL gets - visit different sections on Nairaland . So a topic having three or more pages of comments is not a criterion of it making it to the front page .

If you want science topics up there , WORK for it .

Most tech news get to FP tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2016
plaetton:
In Nigeria, the first week of any year has come to be celebrated as CLOWN season, when the Nations horde of Clowns come out in full regalia to showcase to Nigerians (and anyone out there who might be watching) why they are clowns..

The January clown festival clearly showcases the stench and the intellectual and moral paucity of the Pentecostal movement in Nigeria via their primary agents, the PFN, aka, the Pentecostal Fraudsters of Nigeria.

you took it outta my mouth.

they now call me negative man because I don't subscribe to their G.O's bs... what a time to be alive.... dumb brainless ediots everywhere.

1 Like

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by analice107: 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
johnydon22:

WTF!!! Am ashamed of how gullible people can
be..
Hey John. Pls go easy on the guys. Very soon you will be on this side throwing stones on pleaton. Did I tell you, you will preach the gospel soon? Believe me, you will. I never embarks on a project and failed.
Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by analice107: 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
johnydon22:

WTF!!! Am ashamed of how gullible people can
be..
Hey John. Pls go easy on the guys. Very soon you will be at this side throwing stones on pleaton. Did I tell you, you will preach the gospel soon? Believe me, you will. I never embarks on a project and failed.
Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by Ranchhoddas: 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
Heavenly102:

So God told him that Carrick and Van Persie would score?...You mumu sha.Kai you mumu..

3 Likes

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by Heavenly102: 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2016
plaetton:

Don't you agree?
undecided
Plaetton behind your ostentatious pretentiousness lies a deep unwillingness to accept that there are things that are, and most probably will always be out of your reasoning gamut. The question you should be asking as a 'scientist' or whatever it is you do, is "how did this guy do this" rather than just call it stupid simply because you do not have the key to decipher the cipher.

God can give information about anything whatsoever no matter how big or trivial it is.

Now answer the pertinent question: how could this man predict scorelines, with the aliases of the scorers and the times they will score, of not just one but multiple games.

Don't just say it's stupid - ANSWER THE QUESTION.
Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by plaetton: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
Heavenly102:

Plaetton behind your ostentatious pretentiousness lies a deep unwillingness to accept that there are things that are, and most probably will always be out of your reasoning gamut. The question you should be asking as a 'scientist' or whatever it is you do, is "how did this guy do this" rather than just call it stupid simply because you do not have the key to decipher the cipher.

God can give information about anything whatsoever no matter how big or trivial it is.

Now answer the pertinent question: how could this man predict scorelines, with the aliases of the scorers and the times they will score, of not just one but multiple games.

It's actually quite silly of you to ask me how the clown supposedly predicted the outcome of a match.
That is actually an insult to my intellect. But I forgive your levity.

First, how do you know that the video was not made after the fact, as is usually the case with religious fraudsters ?

And you say that god( which one?) can indeed reveal scores of European football matches to his faithful servants?
Bravo to the silly god that African mor.ons worship.

You know, I always say that the QUALITY ,or SILLINESS , of any given god depends entirely on the QUALITY, Or SILLINESS, of the mind that created such a god.

So, my friend, we know the origins of your match- fixing/ preficting god.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by plaetton: 10:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
Heavenly102:

It's actually quite silly of you to ask me how the clown supposedly predicted the outcome of a match.
That is actually an insult to my intellect. But I forgive your levity.

First, has it occured to you that the video was probably made after the fact, as is usually the case with religious fraudsters ?

And you say that god( which one?) can indeed reveal scores of European football matches to his faithful servants?
Bravo to the silly god that African mor.ons worship.

You know, I always say that the QUALITY ,or SILLINESS , of any given god depends entirely on the QUALITY, Or SILLINESS, of the mind that created such a god.

So, my friend, we know the origins of your match- fixing/ preficting god.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW YEAR Prophecies, Another Bonfire Of The Circus Clowns. by johnydon22(m): 12:21am On Jan 03, 2016
analice107:

Hey John. Pls go easy on the guys. Very soon you will be at this side throwing stones on pleaton. Did I tell you, you will preach the gospel soon? Believe me, you will. I never embarks on a project and failed.

For your sake i sincerely wished that can be true... Hahahahaha... Just be fine angel forget the wishes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tree 'where Witches Hold Meetings' In Agbor, Delta State 'refuses To Go Down' / What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ?? / Who Created Other Planets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.