Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. (44918 Views)

What I Saw In This Toyota Prado Fuel Tank (Photos) / Look At The Kind Of Side Mirrow I Saw At Onitsha / Atrocities Committed At Nnpc Mega Station Lafia, Nasarawa State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Drangel8: 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by BTT(m): 4:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
No be today
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Ochek: 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2016
Since the birds have learnt to fly without perching, I have also learnt how to shoot without aiming - OKONKWO (Things fall apart)

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Onwe101(m): 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2016
Magnum size..jumbo size...trailer sized tanker......
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Marksule(m): 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
Omo see wonder
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by UncleDeeee(m): 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
If the station was always dispensing fuel, I'm sure there'll be no need to modify the fuel tank. I have bought fuel for almost 8k and yet didn't have a full tank
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by drss(m): 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
omenka:
What sort of warped thought process is this?? How does patronage justify the propriety of their actions??

Why do you always fiercely defend illegality
there's nothing illegal here. d man is just using his brain to modify his tank to get more fuel for his bike.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by swagaholic: 4:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
I see nothing wrong here, won't they pay for d fuel?? NEXT
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Alexander001(m): 4:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
omenka:
Baba no be laughing mata be this oo. The tin pain me die. If we channel the mental energy we spend in devising means to break the law and get away with it into some other productive venture, perhaps we'd be rubbing shoulders with South Korea right now.

This is just saddening.
I really don't see anything bad in what he did.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by drberry(m): 4:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
Haha... The guy wan use that fuel till 2017... grin grin
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Sirpluv: 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME TELL THE RULES? . . . . ALL I SEE IS CREATIVITY
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by nnachukz(m): 4:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lordave:
Maybe he wan use the fuel burn Buhari house in Daura.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Folksyharry(m): 4:35pm On Jan 02, 2016
Dottore:
To me this is ingenuos. I don't see anything wrong with anybody modifying his property to suit his needs. When oyibos modify their bikes and vehicles we acclaim them but when a Nigerian does it becomes disdainful.

I just tire for the OP. I looked at the post and the picture to see what the guy did wrong and I just couldn't find it. I have even seen black market sellers buy fuel and 30litres is child's play. I sometimes even buy a combined 40litres when I see Mobil filling station close to us selling (they sell #87) and it's completely for home use.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Bollinger(m): 4:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lordave:

Thirdly,[b]it's not a crime devising a means to adapt to bans/life
, stop deriding Nigerians unnecessarily. Would it have been better if those three guys resorted to crime as a means of survival after the ban on black markets? If you haven't seen the usefulness of black market during scarcity, I have and that is why I don't see anything wrong with black market, they don't force you to buy their fuel.
[/b]

I agree with everything but the above. Your argument could as well be used by an armed robber. There is nowhere in the world where black market is a good thing. It exists, yes. But that does not make it a good thing. The ends does not justify the means.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Sirpluv: 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME TELL THE RULES? . . . . ALL I SEE IS CREATIVITY
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by tuna4servi(m): 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
9ja boys no dey carry last. Igbesoke for u
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Lordave: 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2016
Bollinger:

I agree with everything but the above. Your argument could as well be used by an armed robber. There is nowhere in the world where black market is a good thing. It exists, yes. But that does not make it a good thing. The ends does not justify the means.
Black market might not be a good thing in America, Saudi Arabia or in Europe because those countries readily have petrol for both industrial and home consumption of their citizens. That's not the case in Nigeria where a poor man cannot buy petrol with gallon just for home use while he is suffering lack of electricity.

In Nigeria, black market is a good thing, the advantages out weighs the disadvantages.
I'm not saying if the man resorted to crime he is justified, no. I just acknowledge his sense of adaptation to law/life rather than lazying about.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by tete7000(m): 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2016
The real question should be: 'With the modification, is the bike still safe for motoring?' If No, we are the Road safety officers?. If it safe, I see no reason for any alarm. The man could have some what he did to ensure he has ample supply of fuel.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
omenka:
Drove into an NNPC mega station to refill my tank only to see this guy beside me. He had a bike who's fuel tank has been reconstructed to accommodate nothing less than 30litres of petrol.

As a matter of fact, there were three of them, but I was able to capture just this beside me.

It is such a shame Nigerians have become so crooked in nature- when you make laws/rules by which all must abide, they device ingenious means to break those rules. This trick of modifying fuel tanks has become a lot more bigger than how they were originally produced has become the most preferred trick adopted by black-marketers to beat officials and dispensers to their game.

Now I understand what they meant when they said "be the change you want to see around you".

Cc: Lalasticlala. Mynd44.
How is this your business and how is this breaking the law? I didn't understand what point you were trying to make as I did not see pipeline vandalized or a young man carrying gun. it is normal for a man to find a means of surviving a tough situation. did you challenge him? why come on here , will it change anything?
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Bollinger(m): 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lordave:
Black market might not be a good thing in America, Saudi Arabia or in Europe because those countries readily have petrol for both industrial and home consumption of their citizens. That's not the case in Nigeria where a poor man cannot buy petrol with gallon just for home use while he is suffering lack of electricity.

[b]In Nigeria, black market is a good thing
, the advantages out weighs the disadvantages.
I'm not saying if the man resorted to crime he is justified, no. I just acknowledge his sense of adaptation to law/life rather than lazying about. [/b]

I don't think you really understand what black market is. Don't let emotion take over reason. It is never a good thing. Imagine that i am the owner of a filling station in a remote town in Nigeria. I am the only station for miles. You have no choice but to buy from me. I could easily create a black market situation by not selling fuel and creating scarcity. instead of buying from the pumps you would be buying at four hundred percent the price from my agents scattered all over the place. Now, would you still say that is a good thing?

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by loomer: 4:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
And u carry fone dey snap inside fuel station, u wan kill people ba?
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Functionoftime(m): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2016
VickyRotex:
Orishi rishi undecided
Ki la fe pe eleyi bayi
Kintus
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Lordave: 5:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
Bollinger:

I don't think you really understand what black market is. Don't let emotion take over reason. It is never a good thing. Imagine that i am the owner of a filling station in a remote town in Nigeria. I am the only station for miles. You have no choice but to buy from me. I could easily create a black market situation by not selling fuel and creating scarcity. instead of buying from the pumps you would be buying at four hundred percent the price from my agents scattered all over the place. Now, would you still say that is a good thing?
Yes marketers hoard petrol to sell at a higher price in black markets which is very bad and should be tackled by every legal means.

I get what you mean and that's why I used the poor man and gallon example. I'm only making a case for the masses who the government has refused to provide with alternative means of readily getting petroleum products at service stations without a Jerrycan.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Bollinger(m): 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lordave:
Yes marketers hoard petrol to sell at a higher price in black markets which is very bad and should be tackled by every legal means.

I get what you mean and that's why I used the poor man and gallon example. I'm only making a case for the masses who the government has refused to provide with alternative means of readily getting petroleum products at service stations without a Jerrycan.

But that's my point. When you patronize black marketers you are perpetuating illegal supply. I know sometimes it is unavoidable but i am under no illusion that it is a good thing.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by ikorodureporta: 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2016
When they dnt sell in2 jerrycans, wht d'u expect? He shld carry his gen-tank along right
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by VickyRotex(f): 5:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by streetzdreamz(m): 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lordave:

no matter how hard you try,some people wouldn't still get the picture,in my school the accommodation is solely private owned,and since the beginning of 2015 there has been no electricity in the entire school/environment,the s.u.g did nothing, the school did nothing, the government equally did nothing!we students had to rely on generators all through the year,when the fuel scarcity was at its peak,the gas stations were all locked up,it was only the nnpc mega station that was functional, with a mammoth crowd on daily basis,no student has the time to go line up for hours,more so jerry cans were not sold,so how do we survive if not for black market sellers?the price was high but we were grateful we at least still got the product,I don't see y the op is mad at some guy who decided to adjust his tank capacity to suit the stations policy,rather than direct his anger to the appropriate authorities,he is here screaming bloody murder!!!!!!!!his kind burns petty thieves at the stake,and justifies the real treasury looters,confused beings..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Lordave: 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2016
Bollinger:

But that's my point. When you patronize black marketers you are perpetuating illegal supply. I know sometimes it is unavoidable but i am under no illusion that it is a good thing.
Some black marketers buy from the service stations and sell to villages where a service station is not situated. Some of the villages even about a 30 mins drive to the service stations.

Some people live behind service stations but they can't buy fuel because they don't own a car or a motorcycle.
In the situations above, is it illegal or legal? In normal circumstances, where everything is in place, it would be illegal regarding the laws against it, but since the government have refused to address some issues that encourage black market, what do you have to say?

NB I'm talking about those that buy from service stations and resale to petty consumers.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by naturefellow(m): 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
#pimpmybike grin
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Lordave: 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
streetzdreamz:
no matter how hard you try,some people wouldn't still get the picture,in my school the accommodation is solely private owned,and since the beginning of 2015 there has been no electricity in the entire school/environment,the s.u.g did nothing, the school did nothing, the government equally did nothing!we students had to rely on generators all through the year,when the fuel scarcity was at its peak,the gas stations were all locked up,it was only the nnpc mega station that was functional, with a mammoth crowd on daily basis,no student has the time to go line up for hours,more so jerry cans were not sold,so how do we survive if not for black market sellers?the price was high but we were grateful we at least still got the product,I don't see y the op is mad at some guy who decided to adjust his tank capacity to suit the stations policy,rather than direct his anger to the appropriate authorities,he is here screaming bloody murder!!!!!!!!his kind burns petty thieves at the stake,and justifies the real treasury looters,confused beings..
As in, you just murdered this thread!

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Bollinger(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lordave:
Some black marketers buy from the service stations and sell to villages where a service station is not situated. Some of the villages even about a 30 mins drive to the service stations.

Some people live behind service stations but they can't buy fuel because they don't own a car or a motorcycle.
In the situations above, is it illegal or legal? In normal circumstances, where everything is in place, it would be illegal regarding the laws against it, but since the government have refused to address some issues that encourage black market, what do you have to say?

NB I'm talking about those that buy from service stations and resale to petty consumers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Auctions 435 Forfeited Vehicles In Lagos (photos) / Nigerian Man Shows Off His Vehicle Made With Locally Sourced Materials. Photos / The Evolution Of Toyota Camry From The Year 1983 To Present (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.