Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. (44915 Views)

What I Saw In This Toyota Prado Fuel Tank (Photos) / Look At The Kind Of Side Mirrow I Saw At Onitsha / Atrocities Committed At Nnpc Mega Station Lafia, Nasarawa State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by streetzdreamz(m): 5:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lordave:
As in, you just murdered this thread!

Thank you very much.
you are welcome bro,him putting up this thread is annoying enough,then when you tried to explain and they still wouldn't stop the rant got me really pissed,you have an idea of how it feels when you driving and run outa gas and you ask all the bike men withing view which gas station is selling in the whole hood and they tell you NONE!!,then a nigga pops out with his container and funnel,say;how glad will you feel??this guys are a saving grace to all users of combustion engines,generator,motorcycle,vehicles,and one hypocrite is tryna blackmail em cuz he has free access to the internet!!

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Lordave: 6:11pm On Jan 02, 2016
streetzdreamz:
you are welcome bro,him putting up this thread is annoying enough,then when you tried to explain and they still wouldn't stop the rant got me really pissed,you have an idea of how it feels when you driving and run outa gas and you ask all the bike men withing view which gas station is selling in the whole hood and they tell you NONE!!,then a nigga pops out with his container and funnel,say;how glad will you feel??this guys are a saving grace to all users of combustion engines,generator,motorcycle,vehicles,and one hypocrite is tryna blackmail em cuz he has free access to the internet!!
You just said my mind, no more no less.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Phrankin(m): 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
omenka:
Baba no be laughing mata be this oo. The tin pain me die. If we channel the mental energy we spend in devising means to break the law and get away with it into some other productive venture, perhaps we'd be rubbing shoulders with South Korea right now.

This is just saddening.
If you don't mind, can you please tell us exactly the law he broke and how he broke it.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by adebayal(m): 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
The guy na interstate bikeman Lag-Abj grin
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by ccollins(m): 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2016
linearity:
But I don't know why you are calling him crooked....that is ingenious and was given birth to by necessity, which is the mother of all invention.

One constant thing and vital gift that God gave humans is the ability to adapt in order to continue to survive their environment, this guy is simply adapting to his environment, which is natural and God's gift.

We are all in a fight against the forces of natural selection that constantly weeds out the weaker ones among us, in this battle; those who can quickly adapt to the ever changing challenges we face, have a greater chance of survival.
sir I disagree with this as it would lead to maltreatment.. Nigeria has a population of around 180million .are we now to annihilate the weaker ones due to competition.. come on,there is high bias here. instead of common good of all, we then support only the elites like slaves
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by chyket(m): 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
In a Nation where majority of the citizens rely on fuel to power their generators,why will the government ban their citizens from buying fuel in jerrycans?.Policies like this create room for corruption!!!.How do you expect the citizens to source their fuel for domestic use.The other day i had to plead with a fuel attendant to sell fuel to me in jerrycan and in the process his supervisor suddenly appeared and he panicked and ended up pouring fuel all over my boot.I was so annoyed because i wasnt doing anything illegal.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by jaymichael(m): 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2016
He has done nothing wrong, he hasn't broken any law.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by jamjo: 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
omenka:
Drove into an NNPC mega station to refill my tank only to see this guy beside me. He had a bike who's fuel tank has been reconstructed to accommodate nothing less than 30litres of petrol.

As a matter of fact, there were three of them, but I was able to capture just this beside me.

It is such a shame Nigerians have become so crooked in nature- when you make laws/rules by which all must abide, they device ingenious means to break those rules. This trick of modifying fuel tanks has become a lot more bigger than how they were originally produced has become the most preferred trick adopted by black-marketers to beat officials and dispensers to their game.

Now I understand what they meant when they said "be the change you want to see around you".

What do expect from a country where even the president is mute to law of the Land..

Cc: Lalasticlala. Mynd44.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by ojnnaco(m): 7:52pm On Jan 02, 2016
WiseBully:
angry Is that man responsible for the abysmally high price we have to pay for petrol currently? Is he responsible for the shortage we face? Your dysfunctional economy created these businesses. If these 'illicit' informal sector businesses are snuffed out through policies that give Nigeria a fake western resemblance, be ready to build a 20-foot high fence around your house. It's self employment, no more no less.
Gbam!!!! thank you
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by ojnnaco(m): 7:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
WiseBully:
angry Is that man responsible for the abysmally high price we have to pay for petrol currently? Is he responsible for the shortage we face? Your dysfunctional economy created these businesses. If these 'illicit' informal sector businesses are snuffed out through policies that give Nigeria a fake western resemblance, be ready to build a 20-foot high fence around your house. It's self employment, no more no less.
Gbam!!!! thank you

Help me tell him !!!!
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Rhea(f): 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2016
omenka:
Drove into an NNPC mega station to refill my tank only to see this guy beside me. He had a bike who's fuel tank has been reconstructed to accommodate nothing less than 30litres of petrol.

As a matter of fact, there were three of them, but I was able to capture just this beside me.

It is such a shame Nigerians have become so crooked in nature- when you make laws/rules by which all must abide, they device ingenious means to break those rules. This trick of modifying fuel tanks has become a lot more bigger than how they were originally produced has become the most preferred trick adopted by black-marketers to beat officials and dispensers to their game.

Now I understand what they meant when they said "be the change you want to see around you".

[size=18pt]
You are looking at a multimillion naira patent. I will be shocked if the Chinese do not import a replica into Nigeria before the end of 2016[/size]

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by kay9(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
Phrankin:
If you don't mind, can you please tell us exactly the law he broke and how he broke it.

OP, would you be kind enough to respond to the above? Thank you.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by 9icetoo(m): 9:03pm On Jan 02, 2016
firstly, he has done nothing illegal. there is no law banning expansion of fuel storage tank. secondly, do not blame black marketers for this; the police, nscdc, FRSC and JTF should be arresting black marketers everywhere. those guys are a menace. they pose lots of risks and they create artificial scarcity as well.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by tocyn247(m): 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2016
Naija 4 life
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by andyanders: 9:31pm On Jan 02, 2016
OP, you have a deluded sense for your comment.Have you not seen even trucks been reconstructed?Who told you that the guy is using same to sell in black market or whatever ? Your comment would have made sense if you followed them to catch them selling same product they bought from the station. Did you observe that some stations refused to sell to some people with keg who wanted to buy for their gen and the stations refused selling to them?At that point, what do you expect some people to do knowing fully well that most places got no light and depend on gen to power their homes and offices.

Moreover, how much fuel will that tank contain that will change the life of the guy buying with that okada if he decides to be doing black market business?

You have no point here.
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2016
Politicos:
undecided I see no crime being committed. All I see is a hardworking man who has got mouths to feed.
a crime has been committed, modifying machineries to evade rules and regulation is criminal
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by InvertedHammer: 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2016
omenka:

/
What is the crime?

I heard they don't sell to those with jerry cans.

So the okada man modified his tank to accommodate more to avoid incessant trips to and stress from gas stations thereby wasting valuable time he could use to make more money.

And the first thing that crossed your mind is black market? SMH

\
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
Lordave:
I see nothing wrong with that.

Black marketers don't force people to buy their fuel and they've also been a saving grace to many drivers during scarcity.
gbam! well said! anyone wey disagree with this comment should go and find job to blow.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by ewizard1: 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2016
@omenka Where is the illegality in this? Is there a stated minimum of fuel a motorcycle must buy at a time? So you mean if I decide to change the tank of my car to a slightly larger volume to fill more at a go. That's a crime?

Some people's reasoning is just low!!! cry
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by ewizard1: 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
So after seeing this , your brain didn't boot enough to think of reason that could call for it and see to his predicament?

Better still, ask him why he did it.

Aaah! That bikeman brain na multiples of your own. #oponu

#soAnnoying
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by DangoteAlhaji: 5:38am On Jan 03, 2016
Get clever !
APC should wake up ! That's the point , let fuel be available and let's see who's gonna join trailer tank to keke napep ?
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by kdfemi(m): 5:41am On Jan 03, 2016
Necessity is the mother of invention
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by lionphil(m): 1:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
omenka:

why e dey pain u? how many litres does Ur car contain? at least 60litres....the man only needs half of that, why are u so wicked to Ur fellow man? please change from Ur wicked ways...if na say na new bike Wey oyinbo man do, u for dey hail them.

oponu
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Mediapace: 3:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
Bro pls i create a page as you ordered but things were not going fine.
It just showed up,how can i delete it.
How can i create a page with url that will not show hyperlink at frontpage?
How can i edit the page you created to avoid wasting of pages?
Sirpluv:
PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME TELL THE RULES?
ALL I SEE IS CREATIVITY
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by Sirpluv: 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mediapace:
Bro pls i create a page as you ordered but things were not going fine.
It just showed up,how can i delete it.
How can i create a page with url that will not show hyperlink at frontpage?
How can i edit the page you created to avoid wasting of pages?
I've replied your mail. . .
u can leave that to me, i will do that
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by lomprico(m): 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
omenka:
Baba no be laughing mata be this oo. The tin pain me die. If we channel the mental energy we spend in devising means to break the law and get away with it into some other productive venture, perhaps we'd be rubbing shoulders with South Korea right now.

This is just saddening.
Which law did he break
Re: What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. by modath(f): 3:00pm On May 08, 2016
Read & acknowledge only, the quote will be amended, thx.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Auctions 435 Forfeited Vehicles In Lagos (photos) / Nigerian Man Shows Off His Vehicle Made With Locally Sourced Materials. Photos / The Evolution Of Toyota Camry From The Year 1983 To Present (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.