Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. (3286 Views)

Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu / Moremi Ojudu Writes A Letter To Tinubu: "You Sold Us Using Lagos As Model" / Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. by jmichlins(m): 6:24am On Jan 03, 2016
Sam Mbakwe did all those with the little alloctaion he got then? What stopped the other democratically elected governors of Imo state from taking it up and completing them with all their allocation and tax. Someone is owing salaries and still went ahead to spend 600mil on Christmas tree and Imolites didn't deem fit to burn it down or at least protest in the street all they did was come online and shout
Re: Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. by RealSleek(m): 6:51am On Jan 03, 2016
Bethiano:
Its pains me when people don't understand the nature and dynamics of igbo political structure and philosophy, which is as old as igbo itself.

In igboland, we consider heads in leadership not one head. We consider sole rulership as enemy. Consider the word Ezebuilo .
Igbo enweghi Eze I.e igbo not igbos do not have king.

Consider 'madu bu chi ibeya I.e man is god to his fellow man, meaning that even the destiny of a man with the king title lies in the hands of his fellow igbo.

My point is this, the igbos have a way of ruling themselves and ensuring peace and tranqulity. The so called Nigerian leaders of igbo extraction will NEVER command the amount of
Power and authority they have in Nigeria in the proposed Biafra. Its will never be like that.

Do you know that these igbo politicians may not be at peace with their clan men or even village, some of them are even ignored when they return home. Do you know that they may have close cousins that have never begged them for one naira.
That is the power of self determination. Every igbo man believes he can achieve any level of success, regardless his current situation.

He stays puts and drink his garri rather than being a beggar. Its only in igbo land that I have seen young people challenge a rich man saying he has eaten their luck, that's is why he returns every december to kill cow for the villagers.
He dares to challenge the rich man, if he must always be the one to buy cow every year, he dares him to a bet, that he will be the one to kill cow for the villagers next year.

These are practical things that happen in igboland. Instead of turning Alamajiri for one Alhaji, he sets off koboless to Lagos and Abuja, and returns home after a year with hummer jeep.

If I were Nigeria, I will allow the igbo man be !

he travelled without a kobo and he came back with hummer jeep in one year?...
Re: Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. by MayorofLagos(m): 7:01am On Jan 03, 2016
RealSleek:

he travelled without a kobo and he came back with hummer jeep in one year?...

Yes, thats true...the bloke is not lying. Chukuma join with Ifeanyi and carry Chibuzor along to go rob bank or carry drug to Malaysia or kidnap a corporate executive for ransom. Yes, this is the way of Ibo. When he is caught he says his business in Alaba is slow or his container load failed to make profit in Ladipo....as if he is the only Nigerian with market loss.
Re: Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. by BALLOSKI: 7:02am On Jan 03, 2016
I read everything(long or short), but I'm not interested in this.
Re: Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. by justmenoni: 7:21am On Jan 03, 2016
That's usually my point,what exactly are the job of our governors, local govt chairmen etc? We the citizens fail to query them instead we face the F without understanding that the state government are like the local overseer of activities such as development, organising etc for the fg.

All the writer is complaining about is applicable to every part of Nigeria.. In lagos for example we need lots of ring roads to ease traffic congestion, most of the roads are bad electricity is poor( this is usually the cause of crimes in some places,imagine no light and kids hv to go out to relax only to get carried away by peer pressures etc).... Things are getting pretty expensive... In the article the writer is talking about a bridge well I don't know if that should be d work of d fg but what is the state governor doing? Look at d I'm governor spending a whooping 600million on Christmas tree isn't that ridiculous... That is alot of money that will do alot but our igbo brothers didn't see anything wrong in it.

I love to explore places but in nigeria you are going to be an handicap to do that...imagine living in lagos and you feel stressed out and then wanting to tour the eastern part of the country but you can't go cos the roads are bad and not safe,the air system isn't good..automatically you don't hv an option than to sit down and keep on with the stress....

A whole lagos,kano,Port Harcourt without Trams instead all you see is keen,motorcycle etc and this is 2016

Until we first start presurizing our state governors we might not see development in many year's to come....

We have well exposed youths in the country, why not flaunt our own party and with the support of some few visionary leaders we might actually see the true change we desire and there afterwards no one would be complaining about separation.

quote author=mistarsam post=41593738]Inasmuch as I am a firm supporter of self-determination, I refuse to buy into the blame game the author of this article is trying to play.
What did the S/Eastern governors do with all the monthly allocations?
Does it means that the S/East won't develop without d actualization of Biafra?
Just asking.[/quote]
Re: Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. by mikolo80: 7:31am On Jan 03, 2016
mistarsam:
Inasmuch as I am a firm supporter of self-determination, I refuse to buy into the blame game the author of this article is trying to play.
Just asking.
more importantly he didn't say what Ibo want
Re: Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. by mikolo80: 7:33am On Jan 03, 2016
iykecicero:

The Southeast governors have been underperforming because like other governors in Nigerian federation are under the same cloud of badly structured country where no person is held accountable for his actions.
nobody held park chun hee or Lee Kwan yew responsible for anything. ordinary awolowo was self regulating.
Re: Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. by mikolo80: 7:35am On Jan 03, 2016
Bethiano:
Its pains me when people don't understand the nature and dynamics of igbo political structure and philosophy, which is as old as igbo itself.

In igboland, we consider heads in leadership not one head. We consider sole rulership as enemy. Consider the word Ezebuilo .
Igbo enweghi Eze I.e igbo not igbos do not have king.

Consider 'madu bu chi ibeya I.e man is god to his fellow man, meaning that even the destiny of a man with the king title lies in the hands of his fellow igbo.

My point is this, the igbos have a way of ruling themselves and ensuring peace and tranqulity. The so called Nigerian leaders of igbo extraction will NEVER command the amount of
Power and authority they have in Nigeria in the proposed Biafra. Its will never be like that.

Do you know that these igbo politicians may not be at peace with their clan men or even village, some of them are even ignored when they return home. Do you know that they may have close cousins that have never begged them for one naira.
That is the power of self determination. Every igbo man believes he can achieve any level of success, regardless his current situation.

He stays puts and drink his garri rather than being a beggar. Its only in igbo land that I have seen young people challenge a rich man saying he has eaten their luck, that's is why he returns every december to kill cow for the villagers.
He dares to challenge the rich man, if he must always be the one to buy cow every year, he dares him to a bet, that he will be the one to kill cow for the villagers next year.

These are practical things that happen in igboland. Instead of turning Alamajiri for one Alhaji, he sets off koboless to Lagos and Abuja, and returns home after a year with hummer jeep.

If I were Nigeria, I will allow the igbo man be !
from the afternoon we will know how the night will be
Re: Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. by wordcat(m): 7:39am On Jan 03, 2016
mistarsam:

Radio biafra for example, could have been used to raise the level of political awareness of d south easterners instead of being a pirate radio.
something in the mould of wikileaks - exposing the excesses of d igbo leaders/elites
easier said than done though

I concur
Re: Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. by allthingsgood: 7:47am On Jan 03, 2016
iykecicero:

The Southeast governors have been underperforming because like other governors in Nigerian federation are under the same cloud of badly structured country where no person is held accountable for his actions.

So why blame PMB administration for the Igbos inability to hold their leaders accountable What about all the monies that came from oil in south south that the south east have been swallowing

As far as I am concerned igbos do not have any case or any justification for the ridiculous idea of Biafra. People should refrain from be used to propagate hate and undermine our security
Re: Buhari: What Do Igbos Want? Obi Nwakanma Writes A Response. by arresa: 8:01am On Jan 03, 2016
mistarsam:
Inasmuch as I am a firm supporter of self-determination, I refuse to buy into the blame game the author of this article is trying to play.
Just asking.

They'd like us to believe that they don't have leaders locally and national who are and nave been party of the Nigerian government since day one from ibo president to ibo head of state, ibo vice president, countess ibo ministers, ambassadors, senators and senate leaders, national party leaders, reps, permanent secretaries, agency directors and on top of all that, they've been collecting taxes and allocations just like the rest of the country..

Didn't GEJ labeled they the pillars of his administration because they were largely represented in his administration with nothing to show..Yet they claim marginalization..

One thing they hate is accepting responsibility or demanding accountability from their leaders, they'd rather blame people outside their region for their leaders incompetence and evil acts..

They seriously hate and dislike good leaders and in fact, they scrutinize and demand accountability from governors in other states like Argbesola, Fashola and others as if their own governors doesn't exist.

It's all the same emotional blackmail and con game..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quick Vote To Test Nnamdi Kanu's Popularity On Nairaland / Between Gani Adams And Nnamdi Kanu / NASS Crisis: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Moves To Remove Saraki As Sen. Pres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.