Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal (23054 Views)

Fayose Receives N4.7bn Paris Club Fund From FG / 12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / States N145b Allocation From FG In July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by Innodon(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
Still following

1 Like

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by Frankiss44(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
panachuku:
Get busy in the so called studio. This one pass ur brain

LOL.... Dude you DEY vex oh
Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by olalat(m): 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2016
Tony is seriousely turning a reasonable man these days. That makes him a real man. He knows when to stop fighting and when to pick another round of fight. I congratulate you for putting to proper use your freely God given apu.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by Innodon(m): 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
Following and watching in 3D
Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by Adelz(m): 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Every year government pay hundreds of billions to oil marketers to subsidise the pump price of premium motor spirit(petrol/fuel) so that you and I can be buying at a price lower than the open market price. What these marketers does is to fleece you and I by hoarding the product and force us to buy at much higher rate than even the open market price while still collecting billions on subsidy. What the government want to do is very simple; since open market price is estimated at N89-N90 per litre, they will no longer subsidise it(it's affordable). That means marketers will be competing among themselves to woo customers and we will experience less sabotage considering that nobody will want to lose their share in the market.

How will you benefit? Simple...
1. You will most likely never experience a situation of buying fuel at N3-N5 above the open market price.

2. The hundreds of billions giving to marketers annually will be channelled to productive ventures.

3. The issue of fuel hoarding may hardly arise.

Cc: Airforce1
bros ur school fees wasn't a waste!!! Thank you

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by loomer: 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
Una just dey speak plenty grammars. Make una tell me how many countries don go from Good to Bad and then Good?
Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by popesam1(m): 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
Naija hmmm
Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by anonimi: 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Every year government pay hundreds of billions to oil marketers to subsidise the pump price of premium motor spirit(petrol/fuel) so that you and I can be buying at a price lower than the open market price. What these marketers does is to fleece you and I by hoarding the product and force us to buy at much higher rate than even the open market price while still collecting billions on subsidy. What the government want to do is very simple; since open market price is estimated at N89-N90 per litre, they will no longer subsidise it(it's affordable). That means marketers will be competing among themselves to woo customers and we will experience less sabotage considering that nobody will want to lose their share in the market.

1. You will most likely never experience a situation of buying fuel at N3-N5 above the open market price.

2. The hundreds of billions giving to marketers annually will be channelled to productive ventures.

Benefits we should have been enjoying since 2012 when the 36 governors agreed with the federal government to remove it while fully & totally DEREGULATING the sector.
We allowed Tinubu/ACN/APC to mislead us.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606941_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011d_jpegc347aadcc28645a881c11e877b19ae27

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by Bollinger(m): 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
captain247:
Fuel subsidy removal is of the advantage when global oil price goes down like its happening now but will be of disadvantage when global oil price goes up.
Say for example, If for now you're buying at #86 per liter with no subsidy and global oil price is $35 by the time global oil price goes up to $60 you'll have to buy at say #120 or more.

There are no disadvantages to the removal. The question you need to ask is how do countries like germany, who don't have oil happen to never have fuel scarcity and seem to be able to afford it even with the high rate they pay? And we are talking about a country that has plenty of it but can't seem to refine or make it available for it's citizens. How does that not defy logic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by blackb2(m): 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I also occupied Ojota in 2012. The situation is quite different.

In 2011 Nigeria's subsidy shoot from some hundreds of billions to TWO trillion. How come? The then government kept saying that some cabals and stuff, but it wasn't so before they came on board. Many(including myself) maintained that the masses must not suffer for the government's insincerity and cluelessness. As at then, fuel was sold at N65 per litre, while subsidy was at N80 per litre. That means the government expected us to be buying fuel at N145 per litre(or more). That is over 100% increase in hardship and poverty catalyst. We had trillions in our reserve, there was no paliative and the politicians were in one corruption scandal or the other and walking free. So it was unacceptable and we resisted it!

The government relaxed on partial subsidy and brought SURE-P but what did that bring to us? Nothing. The government promised refineries but till date nothing is on ground. So the 2012 opposition was/is on point.

I just want to say... Thank You for educating Nigerians. God bless you real big!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by unite4real: 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
Simplymeah:
Interestin, so majority don't know what subsidy is about and dey rush 2 castigate govt. Dis guy askd a question and none of responses so far is close 2 d answer, smh 4 Nigeria

If you know that they have not been answering the question, are you immune from giving answers to the question?

4 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by StOla: 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
Dcomrade:

But the people occupying government now, while in opposition openly campaigned against subsidy removal.....so what has change now? undecided

A removal now adds no extra cost to the already existing pump price due to the the low cost of crude oil internationally. Instead, the present removal attempts to even reduce the price because even without subsidy, the marketers can actually sell lower than the current price of N97 and still make a great profit.

A removal then was to immediately hike the price from N65 to N124 overnight, while the saved money from not paying subsidy could have also ended up as PDP campaign funds while the federal government buys 2nd hand trains because as Doyin Okupe put it, "Nigeria is not America, so cannot afford new trains".

3 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by StOla: 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2016
anonimi:

Benefits we should have been enjoying since 2012 when the 36 governors agreed with the federal government to remove it while fully & totally DEREGULATING the sector.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606941_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011d_jpegc347aadcc28645a881c11e877b19ae27

Benefits like Okonjo-Iweala approving more unappropriated funds so Dasuki could have enough money to channel back to PDP's campaign and fund his now revealed presidential ambition in 2019?

Benefits like the pump price rising from N65 to N124 and every other commodity and service rising accordingly. While supposed savings from not paying subsidy begin to disappear, leaving the reinvestment committee chairman Christopher Kolade with no choice but to resign from an irresponsible government?

Thank God not everyone is as crazy as the PDP government knew its supporters to be.

7 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by justice2100: 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
N433.4 billion is allocated to d Ministry of power, works and housing in 2016. This mostly is for capital protect, for d common good of ALL NIGERIANS. in December 2015 N416 billion was givin to oil MARKETERS ALONE to pcket as subsidy claim.
"Social Injustice"

5 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by frisky2good(m): 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
The last time I checked the official landing cost of petrol, it was 94 naira and the official pump price is / was 87 naira meaning the government was paying the difference. That amount is the subsidy. If it is removed that means we will have to pay the full cost depending on how much the importers buy from refineries abroad. However, Nigerians will end up losers because the basic steps have not been taken by the FG. We need to grant import licences to more companies so the current importers that have formed a cartel will not fix prices. FG should also hands off product pricing and let market forces determine price.

Cc: airforce1

5 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
Dcomrade:

But the people occupying government now, while in opposition openly campaigned against subsidy removal.....so what has change now? undecided

Simple, this is because the former government of Jonathan was a fraud and massively corrupt government, I am not saying the present government is full of saints, but much obviously better than a government where 2.1b USD was spent only by a CSO!!

2 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by AXYZ: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Sadly, Most of the subsidized fuels are transported to the neighbouring African countries for more gain at the detriment of the expected beneficiaries (Nigerians).

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by yanabasee(m): 5:12pm On Jan 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

In other words, it'll be like a biscuit company. Where the refineries produces and send the products to the Marketers for internal distributions

Everyone get to buy it at a standard price, you can go to nnpc and price a fuel and if u're not good with their prices, you go to conoil....

anonimi:

I really like the way you tame this APC fans. baba...
I quit political debate when I got constant ban from the mods... So I decided to let go any online debate as I wouldn't want to be banned anymore... If I have my ways... I'll be givin you thousands of likes as you mek comments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by erico2k2(m): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Seriously that does not show how it helps the man on the street.these billions you say get into the hands of importers and corrupt govt officials will definitely find its way of disappearing through another scheme.
I'm shocked nobody knows the benefits of subsidy removals amongst young people today however I know why cos there are NONE. No benefits for the ordinary man on the street..What govt should do is look for ways to close the loop holes used by these importers to scam Nigerians.for example what prevents the Customs from doing %100 physical inspection of vessels that bring petrol. Why not set up a task force mandated to check weigh bills at point of lifting and at point of discharge? .If he removes subsidy we will never see petrol in Nigeria.if we did it will be minimum of N 500 per litre.reason being it cost up to N150 or more to refine 1 litre of petrol. Now when you add logistics and other overheads plus taxes what do you think the final cost would be.Once again this govt is a scam telling us it removed subsidy with no working refinaries is a big scam.

1 Like

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by AZeD1(m): 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

In 2011 Nigeria's subsidy shoot from some hundreds of billions to TWO trillion. How come? The then government kept saying that some cabals and stuff, but it wasn't so before they came on board. Many(including myself) maintained that the masses must not suffer for the government's insincerity and cluelessness. As at then, fuel was sold at N65 per litre, while subsidy was at N80 per litre. That means the government expected us to be buying fuel at N145 per litre(or more). That is over 100% increase in hardship and poverty catalyst. We had trillions in our reserve, there was no paliative and the politicians were in one corruption scandal or the other and walking free. So it was unacceptable and we resisted it!

The government relaxed on partial subsidy and brought SURE-P but what did that bring to us? Nothing. The government promised refineries but till date nothing is on ground. So the 2012 opposition was/is on point.
Can you please return the account to the real owner?

3 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by martineverest(m): 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

your new year resolution is manifesting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by macklef(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
Tony, in truth, I am beginning to hate u for talking sense nowadays!

Pls, pls, be partial as u used to be so I can always insult u as I used to do!

angry angry angry angry
Lmao. Me myself am suprised o. I use to sit on d sidelines n watch mr Tonyebarcanista aplaud all of pdps move n quench apc but this impartial stance now gets me all edgy.
Like, whats this bro upto?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by erico2k2(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
AXYZ:

Sadly, Most of the subsidized fuels are transported to the neighbouring African countries for more gain at the detriment of the expected beneficiaries (Nigerians).
That's one of the scam right there and the FG pays for empty vessels they all share the loot and laugh t the masses
Mind yoy these govt officials are not politicians they have been there for years.

3 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by slap1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
Simplymeah:
Interestin, so majority don't know what subsidy is about and dey rush 2 castigate govt. Dis guy askd a question and none of responses so far is close 2 d answer, smh 4 Nigeria
Your own is close to the answer abi? cheesy
Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by grandstar(m): 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
Airforce1:
I've been hearing/reading lot of stories about fuel subsidy removal but I don't know what and how it's removal is gonna affect my daily life.

I need an enlightenment please because fuel pump price is still N95 here in Ikeja.

what is needed is not the removal of subsidy but the full deregulation of the price and distribution, This has happened in diesel and there is no longer scarcity as anyone can buy and sell at whatever price they choose, Govt has handed off!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by erico2k2(m): 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
frisky2good:
The last time I checked the official landing cost of petrol, it was 94 naira and the official pump price is / was 87 naira meaning the government was paying the difference. That amount is the subsidy. If it is removed that means we will have to pay the full cost depending on how much the importers buy from refineries abroad. However, Nigerians will end up losers because the basic steps have not been taken by the FG. We need to grant import licences to more companies so the current importers that have formed a cartel will not fix prices. FG should also hands off product pricing and let market forces determine price.

Cc: airforce1
From where did you get 94 as landing cost of PMS?

2 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by tinktanker: 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2016
captain247:
Fuel subsidy removal is of the advantage when global oil price goes down like its happening now but will be of disadvantage when global oil price goes up.
Say for example, If for now you're buying at #86 per liter with no subsidy and global oil price is $35 by the time global oil price goes up to $60 you'll have to buy at say #120 or more.
pls dont teach us nonsense. Crude oil was $60 but fuel was reduced to N87 frm N97.now crude oil is below $40 and fuel reduced to N86. does that sound proportionate to u?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by HIPROFILE(m): 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
Love Machine:
The price of the.commodity ought to be lower than that,given that,it's a natural resources.Government officials get these commodity for free while we pay through the nose to have it.

oya go carry raw crude put for ur motor u hear? dumb statement!
Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by abduljabbar4(m): 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Wow. Very educative!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by awa(m): 5:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
Bros, here are simple things for you to know if you want sincere answer:

Google Subsidy
Google Removal
Google Gains

Whatever you understand thereafter can help you.

Here in Nairaland.com, APC e-Rats aka Sai Babas will give you fake gains of Subsidy removal while PDP Wailers will give you High BP after analysing the gains of Subsidy removal.

Just check google for peace of mind... and thank me later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by abduljabbar4(m): 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
Tony, in truth, I am beginning to hate u for talking sense nowadays!

Pls, pls, be partial as u used to be so I can always insult u as I used to do!

angry angry angry angry

I can bet with my life that he makes more sense than olisah metuh.

2 Likes

Re: Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal by anonimi: 5:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

In 2011 Nigeria's subsidy shoot from some hundreds of billions to TWO trillion. How come? The then government kept saying that some cabals and stuff, but it wasn't so before they came on board.

You seem to have the wrong figures and dates, bro.

Fuel Subsidy Scam: Senate Releases Names Of Cabal
DEC 02, 2011

Oando Oil, CONOIL, African Petroleum and MRS Oil are among the powerful players in the petroleum sector that have shared over N3.655 trillion between 2006 and September 2011 in pursuit of importation of refined petroleum products.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2011/12/02/fuel-subsidy-scam-senate-releases-names-cabal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2606895_fuelsubsidygovernorssupport2011b_jpeg5c37e0f0eb35bb083e30b935969cd3c6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Simon Owoade Convicted Of Raping 12-Year-Old Girl In UK. Photo / ASUU To Buhari: You Are Slave Merchants Only Interested In Destructive Policies / Lagos Commercial Drivers Threaten 7-day Mass Protest Over Multiple Extortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.