Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? (5639 Views)

Nairaland, Why? / The Popularity Of GEJ Is Dwindling On Nairaland. Why? / Nairaland: Why So Much Copy And Paste? Cant You Write A Story By Yourself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by ElRazur: 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2009
grafikdon:

I have no problem with African Traditional Religion. From my observation the practitioners are very tolerant, probably one of the most tolerant religious group. I think most of us have spent so much time running away from or denigrating the ATR that we have not been able to grasp even the minutest speck of the concept. Our lack of understanding is clearly evident in our eagerness to tie ATR solely to the distorted concept of human sacrifice.

Thank you o Oga.

To put your point into perspective, how many "Religion riot" as a result of ATR have happened compared to those between Christian and Muslims back home?
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by redsun(m): 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2009
True blackman is like water,he no get enemy,we are the embodiment of nature
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by grafikdon: 7:25pm On Jun 14, 2009
ElRazur:

Thank you o Oga.

To put your point into perspective, how many "Religion riot" as a result of ATR have happened compared to those between Christian and Muslims back home?

NONE. Most of them do not mind your religious affiliation and will wine and dine with you without prejudice, whether you are Catholic, Rosicrucian or Methodist.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by ElRazur: 7:31pm On Jun 14, 2009
grafikdon:

NONE. Most of them do not mind your religious affiliation and will wine and dine with you without prejudice, whether you are Catholic, Rosicrucian or Methodist.

Precisley oga.

Yet it is not uncommon to hear pastor preach against other religion or refer to them as Pagans. Yet you hear Muslims banging on about banging on about how peacful they are, when in actual fact they are as violent and aggressive as a scorpion. It is well known that the Quran [the perfect book of god] calls for the killing of Homosexuals and Jews. undecided

All these main stream religion practised back home sucks in my opinion.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by debosky(m): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2009
Let's try to get this thread back on track - is the issue here a lack of an 'African Medicine' section or lack of 'African Traditional Religion' appreciation?

A religion section exists, (albeit with Muslim/Christian sections) we can request an African Traditional Religion section created, but I doubt if we would get sufficient practitioners/enthusiasts.

Secondly, there's a 'culture' section as well, which can easily be used to foster traditional African cultures that you might feel are neglected.

You adherents should spend more time educating nairalanders about your beliefs - less of comparisons to Christianity/Islam, lucid and succinct presentation of your belief system should be the aim.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by ElRazur: 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2009
I would be happy to see a more balanced approach towards religion with the creation of an ATR section. smiley I am more than happy to be a regular contributor, and am sure there are a few people who will come out of the wood work.

The cultural section is just what it is, cultural section. And as such have no bearing on religion in my opinion.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by texazzpete(m): 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2009
ElRazur:

I would be happy to see a more balanced approach towards religion with the creation of a ATR section. smiley I am more than happy to be a regular contributor, and am sure there are a few people who will come out of the wood work.

Then by all means make this request in the 'Religion' section. or contact Seun directly.

People have a right to free will, and they have a right to the religion of their choice. All these retards berating people for choosing 'the White Man's God' need to STFU.

PS: Y'all can start to lobby the home video industry to desist from their negative stereotyping of the ATRs. Not Nairalanders!
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by ElRazur: 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2009
Erm. . . No one is forcing anything on anyone. However, bringing Jesus into this sort of thread is wholly unnecessary.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by DDbrown1: 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2009
Some people here have really inspire while others bring people down. ElRazur, redsun etc

texazzpete why we should not have a African religion section? Is Nairaland not for Africans. If you want to serve other Gods then go ahead and let others do what our forefathers have been doing. We only need to modernise it like the Chinese did with Acupunture.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by ElRazur: 8:02pm On Jun 14, 2009
DD brown:

Some people here have really inspire while others bring people down. ElRazur, redsun etc

If by bringing people down, you mean I challenge a few thick headed people. Then yeah, I bring people down. Gosh. undecided

Funny enough, you appear to missed some of the other things I posted. smiley
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by DDbrown1: 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2009
ElRazur I did not mean you or redsun, sorry I no sabi english like you oo. The person wey I dey talk say bring people down is tesaxpeter. Sorry for misunderstanding.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by ElRazur: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2009
No problem. smiley
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by redsun(m): 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2009
I got u DD,keep it coming maybe all the close eyes pimpim that can't see beyond jesus and muhamad will get a glismpe of their rich and abandon heritage.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by walata44(m): 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2009
I am for traditional religion
This na my tradition
This na my culture
This na my heritage.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by ElRazur: 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2009
Can we add a twist to this thread and those who support traditional religion should state what "Traditional religion" they subscribe to? I will go first.

The God Of Iron. [Ogun, Oogun]

Originates from Yoruba land in Ekiti state. Widely practised all across the world in different formats.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by ElRazur: 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2009
Oh! There are other aspect to it as well that have somehow become interwoven with it - Ifa.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by redsun(m): 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2009
We are not talking of ATR in terms of magic and fetishes,but therapeutic and medicinal practices that can uplift the people's life and keep the flames burning our way.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by redsun(m): 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2009
There are structures (hierarchy)of gods in ATR, from the big deity,CHINEKE in my language down  to the immediate departed ancestors,it is a religion that is very much alife and intouch with the spirit world
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by redsun(m): 9:04pm On Jun 14, 2009
Honestly if we introduce African traditional oath taking and swearing into our politics,nigerian politicians will sit up,some how it has a way of getting back at evil doers.

Every tribe will be assign to their own god,igbo-amadioha,yorubas-sango,the hausa,don't know what their gods are aside from allah.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by Kenezi: 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2009
Traditional Doctors? Ah, you mean fraudsters, ritualists, and murderers. Nobody should bother with such useless unscientific garbage unless they want to become or remain a laughing stock.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by debosky(m): 12:09am On Jun 15, 2009
ElRazur:

I would be happy to see a more balanced approach towards religion with the creation of an ATR section. smiley I am more than happy to be a regular contributor, and am sure there are a few people who will come out of the wood work.

The cultural section is just what it is, cultural section. And as such have no bearing on religion in my opinion.
Kindly send an email request to Seun with regards to this, I will endeavour to put in a good word with the moderators when it comes up for discussion in support of this.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by tpiah: 12:18am On Jun 15, 2009
if you people want to start listing your different tribal gods AGAIN as a different form of tribal bonga bonga, then why not start your threads in the tribalism section.

Is the native doctor religion too big to discuss in the religion section? There are already different threads on Ifa, witches, mammy wata, money making juju rituals, masquerades, satanists and Ogboni. This present topic big pass?

All the 400+ tribes in Nigeria should start selling their native doctor wares and lets see them.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On Jun 15, 2009
@Poster, all you need do is send an email to the owner of the forum. Simple!! No need to make it an issue or attack others for not agreeing with you in this. Just send your email to the right person and if he creates one, good for you. And if he does not, then duke it out with him. No need to create yet another thread on here so you can claim you are being attacked by other people’s opinions of what you believe. Gosh!!
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by tpiah: 1:17am On Jun 15, 2009
you can start a thread somewhere listing and explaining the various gods eg orunmila, sango, ogun, amadioha, yemoja, and so on, as well as their personalities and peculiarities.

Like the oyibos do with their greek, roman or scandinavian mythology.

and while you're at it, explain the logic behind money rituals and things of that nature. Paraphernalia associated with native doctors.

Unless you're just trying to advertise some particular native doctor skills, in which case is your thread/request more suitable for the health section.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by ScanLess: 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2009
tpiah:

if you people want to start listing your different tribal gods AGAIN as a different form of tribal bonga bonga, then why not start your threads in the tribalism section.

Is the native doctor religion too big to discuss in the religion section? There are already different threads on Ifa, witches, mammy wata, money making juju rituals, masquerades, satanists and Ogboni. This present topic big pass?

All the 400+ tribes in Nigeria should start selling their native doctor wares and lets see them.

In fact i wonder when nigerians will get tired of backwardness, which country of this world ever became great world power through satanism, witchcraft and magic. of all the things to eulogise on NL it is Okija shrine bloodletting, mammy water, long and short juju of arochukwu, ifa,ogun, twin killing, ritual murder, money juju, robber turn-to- goat, and like issues that we want to devote NL database to now?. imagine having over 2500 new threads to accomodate all the tribal and clan gods in nigeria alone. haba !!. the show of shame on Nollywood is not enough now we want NL witch forum ? btw let me ask all the NL juju exponents on this thread, where was all these tribal gods when Britain invaded and colonised Nigeria for 100 years, where were they , none of them could rise up and defend their people with all the chicken, goat and even human blood they drink, yet Bible totting Redcoats defeated them all. shame on you all tongue
ElRazur what did Jesus do to you that you hate him so much?
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by redsun(m): 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2009
People without cultural,social,religious and metal heritage are devoid of self-esteem and creature's instincts.

Even chimps can be taught to do things like we a re taught.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by xanadu: 7:06pm On Jun 15, 2009
Quote from @scanless:
In fact i wonder when nigerians will get tired of backwardness, which country of this world ever became great world power through satanism, witchcraft and magic. of all the things to eulogise on NL it is Okija shrine bloodletting, mammy water, long and short juju of arochukwu, ifa,ogun, twin killing, ritual murder, money juju, robber turn-to- goat, and like issues that we want to devote NL database to now?. imagine having over 2500 new threads to accomodate all the tribal and clan gods in nigeria alone. haba !!. the show of shame on Nollywood is not enough now we want NL witch forum ? btw let me ask all the NL juju exponents on this thread, where was all these tribal gods when Britain invaded and colonised Nigeria for 100 years, where were they  , none of them could rise up and defend their people with all the chicken, goat and even human blood they drink, yet Bible totting Redcoats defeated them all. shame on you all 
ElRazur what did Jesus do to you that you hate him so much?

This has got to be the funniest contribution to this comedy!
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by tpiah: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2009
"Explain money making juju rituals"

and they all vanished rather than answer a simple question.

Or was it the sight of tpiah on this thread that scared them away?
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 15, 2009
To be honest, I wonder why people would believe in Allah or Jehovah but won't believe in our own Gods angry angry angry, It's all Western and Arabic mythologies gone too far. We hardly respect our own. Look, they named all the planets in the Solar system after greek and roman gods. Voodoo has no definition. It's either good or bad, voodoo is what you do with it. I worship a very important element of nature (Water) and that's what my Family does. Now, our eyes are all opened, we should weed out the evil elements of these practices after all the Europeans did the same with Christianity. Na wa ooooooo
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by redsun(m): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2009
Tpia,how is church money making ritual in the name of tithes and offerings to the invincible god different?
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by redsun(m): 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2009
Religion is just the projection of man's idea of what god is,if i am able to convert u to my ideas,it means my god is better.The smarter the propagator,the smarter his god.The more powerful the propagator,the more powerful his god.
Re: No Native Doctor Section On Nairaland Why? Are We Not Africans? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2009
I'm fine with a Native Doctor section on NL. However, I want to use this opportunity to reiterate my view that ALL claims by Native doctors that violate the fundamental laws of nature (aka physics) are FALSE!

*You can never get crisp naira/dollars note from the corpse of a dead virgin covered in white linen.

*You can never disappear from point A and reappear in point B with zero time differential.

*No Native Doctor can stop a bullet moving at the speed of sound from striking and potentially killing you.

*It is impossible to kill anybody by putting their picture in a mortar filled with water, chanting some incantations and striking the picture with a pestle.

*Killing and mutilating the corpse of an albino, and then eating body parts from it will only increase your risk of serious intestinal infection; it can never make you wealthy.

*Literally cooking yourself in a huge pot of fire to "fortify" you from "evil attacks" will do nothing but expose you to the risk of skin burns.

Do not fall prey to the longest-running confidence trick, long before 419, in Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Warning; Jos Is Burning / Police Confirm Two Dead In Fresh Gun Attack In Kano / List Of Nigerian Presidents Who Died While Still In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.