Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? (20323 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / How To Make The Big Brands Beg To Sponsor Your Event / Can You Sponsor A Comedy Event? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by tommy2k2(m): 1:55pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ Tope200
u said gbam!!
can u do it, huh!! even if u love the guy die
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Romeo4real(m): 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2009
Its amazing how most of the women here are aghast at the suggestion of "sponsoring" their own wedding without being able to offer a single logical reason, apart from "its traditional for the man to do it", or they would have to be "desperate" to do it.

If a man were ever to offer "tradition" as a reason or excuse for the myriad of behaviours that women consider unequal and unfair to them, he would be crucified and reminded that this is the 21st century.

This is the main problem with women's views - It is rather inconsistent. They want "tradition" when it come to the things that men are supposed to do for them, but "equality" when it come to the things they are supposed to do for the men. LOL

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by oghogo12: 9:55pm On Jun 16, 2009
it is only in nigeria ladies think the man should always sponsor wedding , you should come to Europe to see that most African's women sponsor weddding if their husband to be can't afford it.

Oghogo12>>>>>
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2009
Most of the contributors are outside Nigeria.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by holyghost(m): 12:08am On Jun 17, 2009
well, pride is a decease of the mind, OK don't think right and suffer shame all Ur life.

in my opinion women should help when it is necessary, the law or tradition was made to make man succeed and not to make man fail?

what is wrong with women sponsoring the wedding show?
look if you see your MR right but his pocket was wrong, Fix it quickly OK!
here is what you should look out for b4 u sponsor,

1 Ask God for directions 1st

2 is the Guy cooperative ( reason well with you, i.e very compatible with u) remember no pretence on his part O!

3 has he got the penitential to be up /independent after d wedding is on( to avoid 4ever depending too much on u)

4 has he got any record to show that he was once a real man ( i.e b4 he lost the command of his cash)

Please. note that this forum is not just for jocks these thing are really people real problems so when u post be helpful and matured life is a market place if u throw a stone it might hit Ur sister or Ur Daughter badly.

Women should also note that not all women were created to marry and not all married were destined to reproduce it's God's design for life to be uneven, so to him give the glory( he is the most Wise)

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Treetop20(m): 12:23am On Jun 17, 2009
holyghost:

well, pride is a decease of the mind, OK don't think right and suffer shame all Ur life.

in my opinion women should help when it is necessary, the law or tradition was made to make man succeed and not to make man fail?

what is wrong with women sponsoring the wedding show?
look if you see your MR right but his pocket was wrong, Fix it quickly OK!
here is what you should look out for b4 u sponsor,

1 Ask God for directions 1st

2 is the Guy cooperative ( reason well with you, i.e very compatible with u) remember no pretence on his part O!

3 has he got the penitential to be up /independent after d wedding is on( to avoid 4ever depending too much on u)

4 has he got any record to show that he was once a real man ( i.e b4 he lost the command of his cash)

Please. note that this forum is not just for jocks these thing are really people real problems so when u post be helpful and matured life is a market place if u throw a stone it might hit Ur sister or Ur Daughter badly.

Women should also note that not all women were created to marry and not all married were destined to reproduce it's God's design for life to be uneven, so to him give the glory( he is the most Wise)
really?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 12:37am On Jun 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

LOL! His other daughter is dead. You still want? tongue

as long as i get the yacht who cares lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by amaechijay: 1:16am On Jun 17, 2009
NO WAY, .
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by slimfine(f): 6:54am On Jun 17, 2009
so what would the guy be doing while I am sponsoring for my own wedding alone?

is it that he doesn't have a job, or, suddenly broke,  or in school or what?

I really do not mind to share the bills but I need some sort of explanation to what this guy would be doing while i am spending my money alone?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 7:11am On Jun 17, 2009
slimfine:

is it that he doesn't have a job, or, suddenly broke,  or in school or what?

I really do not mind to share the bills but I need some sort of explanation to what this guy would be doing while i am spending my money alone?

well he might have lost his job, he might be poor, he might be in school etc but most importantly, he is praying somewhere and asking God, hope this is not a big mistake tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by origina9ja(f): 10:26am On Jun 17, 2009
slimfine:

is it that he doesn't have a job, or, suddenly broke, or in school or what?

exactly what I'm thinking aswell
why is he so poor that he cannot contribute anything
i need a good reason to sponsor our wedding
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by slimfine(f): 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2009
na2day?:

well he might have lost his job, he might be poor, he might be in school etc but most importantly, he is praying somewhere and asking God, hope this is not a big mistake  tongue tongue tongue

well if he is in school, I will wait for him to graduate and get a job! if he lost his job and we are planning the wedding ALREADY, then I will sponsor the wedding, if he is praying to God for money as he doesn't have any, we will wait until God ANSWERS his prayer.

If a guy can't sponsor his own wedding what's next, I have to buy my own ring too, pay the rent, insurance etc come on!

I have a questions for you gentlemen, what if the lady in question is your daughter or sister? so you the father or brother will deem it ok for your sister/daughter to spend your family's money while the guy continue to pray to God? please lets get real! If you are not ready for the financial aspect of marriage, why marry? Wait until you can reasonably afford it!

you men of nowadays expect ladies to work, clean, bear children, be sexy while at it! during the time of my grand father, women were home makers while the guy makes most of the money! now you want women to come and marry a man and cater for all the eexpenses give us a damn Break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Typewriter(m): 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
Girls! Girls!! think normal for once?
the post/ topic do not mean to say that the guy is not willing to sponsor
he just don't have the money power simple

so will u help him out if u truly know that he has no money to express his right as a man
for that moment period.

or will Ur pride hold you up against him to sponsor or die trying
and u will move on without him to another innocent brother! (Just like a virus).

law was made to serve Man and not the other way round
Jesus heal on Sabbath day to prove that law is relative and not static

is like asking a rich man if he will sleep with his mother if a gun is held onto his head undecided cry
in theory he will say no but in practice he will add his grandmum to the equation (some people O!)

so its your will against your pride that this topic want to clear out
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 2:19am On Jun 18, 2009
slimfine:

well if he is in school, I will wait for him to graduate and get a job! if he lost his job and we are planning the wedding ALREADY, then I will sponsor the wedding, if he is praying to God for money as he doesn't have any, we will wwaituuntilGod ANSWERS his prayer.

If a guy can't sponsor his own wedding what's next, I have to buy my own ring too, pay the rent, insurance etc come on!

I have a questions for you gentlemen, what if the lady in question is your daughter or sister? so you the father or brother will deem it ok for your sister/daughter to spend your family's money while the guy continue to pray to God? please lets get real! If you are not ready for the financial aspect of marriage, why marry? Wait until you can reasonably afford it!

you men of nowadays expect ladies to work, clean, bear children, be sexy while at it! during the time of my grand father, women were home makers while the guy makes most of the money! now you want women to come and marry a man and cater for all the eexpenses give us a damn Break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u r sayin it like we r asking too much of u girls and by the way, yes i can pay 4 my daughter's wedding as long as i am assured the guy has a future. like sum1 said earlier, it is customary 4 the bride family to take care of the wedding bills here in the usa but funny enough the nigerian girls refuse to observe that part of the american culture but when it comes to cooking and other stuff, they quickly dump the african culture and claim westernized, yeye!
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by slimfine(f): 4:43am On Jun 18, 2009
na2day?:

u r sayin it like we r asking too much of u girls and by the way, yes i can pay 4 my daughter's wedding as long as i am assured the guy has a future. like sum1 said earlier, it is customary 4 the bride family to take care of the wedding bills here in the usa but funny enough the nigerian girls refuse to observe that part of the american culture but when it comes to cooking and other stuff, they quickly dump the african culture and claim westernized, yeye!

I guess you will also pay for your daughter's rent and all while she lives with her husband after the wedding as long as he says he has a future abi? Everybody and their opinion. i will gratuitously fund SOME of my wedding expenses but will not fut the whole damn bill unless on the circumstances I listed previously. I still don't understand why the guy can't wait until he is able to do so instead of looking for a girl to dwindle!
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 5:10am On Jun 18, 2009
slimfine:

I guess you will also pay for your daughter's rent and all while she lives with her husband after the wedding as long as he says he has a future abi? Everybody and their opinion. i will gratuitously fund SOME of my wedding expenses but will not fut the whole damn bill unless on the circumstances I listed previously. I still don't understand why the guy can't wait until he is able to do so instead of looking for a girl to dwindle!

what if as the guy, i have the money but i dont want a big wedding, just u (assuming u r the bride) and me and our families and very few friends. no big after party very low key, no expensive jewelries, will u accept such a wedding?

fyi: i am paying everything
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by lechatte(f): 5:45am On Jun 18, 2009
That story is not unique o
It's become very common
all those single Nigerian nurses are now going home with wedding gown in hand and marrying men and filing papers bringing them over here.
If you know any intimately,you'll feel sorry for the husbands.
Same with some who are not doing much and their wives become nurses and take on the role of a man
Many of them become babysitters while the woman works 3 jobs.
Maybe that's why when their demons double in number,they hack the women to death

Me sef, single Nigerian nurse, come December I'm going home with my wedding gown in hand to marry a man from home. tongue cry

One thing I won't do is sponsor my own wedding, only thing I'm sponsoring is my wedding gown, accessories and wedding cake. The man has to do the rest or forget about the wedding. That is already agreed on and settled so no problems in that area. If the man had expected me to come back home, and then sponsor the wedding too then he is of all men most deluded. If he is not ready to rumble, I still have time to use that period to look around for someone more serious. lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 10:38am On Jun 18, 2009
lechatte:

death
Me sef, single Nigerian nurse, come December I'm going home with my wedding gown in hand to marry a man from home. tongue cry

One thing I won't do is sponsor my own wedding, only thing I'm sponsoring is my wedding gown, accessories and wedding cake. The man has to do the rest or forget about the wedding. That is already agreed on and settled so no problems in that area. If the man had expected me to come back home, and then sponsor the wedding too then he is of all men most deluded. If he is not ready to rumble, I still have time to use that period to look around for someone more serious. lipsrsealed

Good luck. put your eyes for ground!
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by seunpapi(m): 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ if you are running out of age, pressure is building beyond control, and there is availability of BOBO NIJJA,ready for marriage, but pepper no rest, i dont see any LONG TIN there to foot the marriage bills, this does not make less ur man bin the real man, wink
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by lechatte(f): 4:31pm On Jun 18, 2009
agabaI23:

Good luck. put your eyes for ground!

Thanks. grin

seunpapi:

@ if you are running out of age, pressure is building beyond control, and there is availability of BOBO NIJJA,ready for marriage, but pepper no rest, i dont see any LONG TIN there to foot the marriage bills, this does not make less ur man bin the real man, wink

Running out of age? Lol. cheesy
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by cutenk: 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2009
Of course,Ladies have always sponsored their weddings smhw. If you are a working class lady,u should contribute to your wedding.It should never be a one man affair.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by cutenk: 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
My Pix

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2009
Eby what shall we do with the pic?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by slimfine(f): 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2009
na2day?:

what if as the guy, i have the money but i dont want a big wedding, just u (assuming u r the bride) and me and our families and very few friends. no big after party very low key, no expensive jewelries, will u accept such a wedding?

fyi: i am paying everything

of course I will marry you lipsrsealed! I am a very practical person. I just want my guy to be a participant in our wedding both financially and physically. I am not the Cinderella type! it won't be fair for him to just ride on the back seat while I take care of all our wedding expenses just like it is not fair for my guy pay all our bill without my contribution!
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 1:57am On Jun 19, 2009
slimfine:

of course I will marry you lipsrsealed! I am a very practical person. I just want my guy to be a participant in our wedding both financially and physically. I am not the Cinderella type! it won't be fair for him to just ride on the back seat while I take care of all our wedding expenses j[b]ust like it is not fair for my guy pay all our bill without my contribution! [/b]

good, i will remember that and i will inform ur hubby when u get married tongue tongue
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by origina9ja(f): 11:42am On Jun 19, 2009
hus picture is thaT
Nl with different means of being popular
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by slyk2(m): 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2009
They can marry you- the man.
But i pity you from day one of the marriage.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by gram: 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2009
I love this thread cos marriage consummates that long awaited expectation and determines what
happens in the future, but you see, the way God created man, he made self esteem a pivotal point in
man’s self actualisation.
Man will rebel against anything that undermines his self esteem sooner or
later, he either moves towards it, with aggression or away from it, in recluse. If a lady foots the bill
there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but what happens? Can both of them, and the family
psychologically adjust to the change that is bound to occur in the wedding or marriage life. It takes
extremely matured people to handle this situation. If they can handle it fine, if not , life will be very
miserable for the man unless he is not like one of us, he will be suffering in silence, se na by force to
marry when u no get money? And trust women , make one mistake and they will be quick to remind
you how it all began.
On the other hand today is very certain, I assure you, but who knows
tomorrow? What if the guy is so rich he can pay for ten weddings at once, then, after 1 year gbam!
he goes crippled and can’t work for the rest of his life. My conclusion is that everybody should be
complete b4 this marriage thing; psychologically to deal with the unpredictable and financially to
deal with the predictable.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 12:50am On Jun 20, 2009
agabaI23:

Eby what shall we do with the pic?

I wonder
A picture of her in her pyjamas with hairs on her chest
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sosisi(f): 12:51am On Jun 20, 2009
cutenk:

My Pix

are you looking for a man
Or is this a man parading some girl's picture
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by onyejify: 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2009
Marriage nowadays is like 'merger n acquisition'. 50:50 contribution.
Guyz don dey sharp up!
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by ifunayam(f): 2:20pm On Jun 23, 2009
desperation or stupidity
I've even heard of women that gave the man money for their own engagement ring
and that man will open his mouth one day and shout that he's the head of the house when he should be pounding foo foo in the backyard
[color=#006600][/color]hmmmnn OSiiiiii,  cheesy cheesy grin odi egwu ooo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Guinness Gold: Guinness Unveils New Premium Golden Lager Beer At Lagos Event / Amaechi Hosts Nollywood Stars To A Special Dinner / Tony Anenih's 80th Birthday Celebration Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.