Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? - Events (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? (20330 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / How To Make The Big Brands Beg To Sponsor Your Event / Can You Sponsor A Comedy Event? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by FBS: 8:57am On Jul 23, 2009
contributing? yes. no biggie.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Naturez(m): 9:01am On Jul 23, 2009
@ Poster
Do you know the person with the advert please? I have an advice for him abeg
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by mayrho(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2009
I think anything goes with the world we are in.
But, that man would never have the place of a man in that home
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by MrCrackles(m): 9:07am On Jul 23, 2009
Topic
Yes. . . .Why not?! cool
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by cvibe: 9:08am On Jul 23, 2009
Too much wings.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Naturez(m): 9:54am On Jul 23, 2009
I have a contact for the advertiser but the person is disabled and very rich
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by aduje(m): 10:03am On Jul 23, 2009
A man who is not financially able to contribute at least 60% of his wedding cost is not fit for the marriage at that particular point in time. Sentiment and emotions apart. He is not matured for marriage.

I have seen instances where the guy contributes something, but the inlaws maybe wealthier would double it or more to ensure their daughter had a desired wedding.

FOR A MAN TO MARRY, HE HAS TO PLAY HIS ROLE VERY WELL
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Divab(f): 10:12am On Jul 23, 2009
Its never a win win situation, nature made it 4 a man to be the head of a household, Even the Bible says a man that can not provide for his household is worse than an infidel, A man should be able to pay for wedding expenses, A woman can only do so with mutual agreement and understanding, but the man should atleast pay the dowry,

For babes who wants to pay:  Are u prepared to be d bread winner all ur marital life, cos once u start paying now, ure making him lazy and unimportant, Will he appreciate you in the long run? except from exceptionally guys from the moon dat will realise ur worth and still treat you like the Queen and Angel ure to his life,

For the poster,  Do you want power to change hands in your own household? I hope you do not except the sweet honey paying all bills wife of urs to be submissive & respectful to u always, Lets face facts, are u prepared to wash d kids, prepare the meals, wash & clean the house where she's out there chasing money?

Marriage is a contributing effort of all, Love is never free or cheap, Let the 2 parties work on it and provide for all,

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Olubachar(m): 10:15am On Jul 23, 2009
It is possible if a lady is financially buoyant than her partner &  if there is real love between them. The husband must also contribute toward the wedding and pay his wife dowry.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by breathless(m): 10:17am On Jul 23, 2009
Any lady that Sponsors her wedding should b ready 2 foot d bill of running d house, paying bill, buying diapers n baby formular etc becos she 'll never have a home. Shame on the any man that can't foot his wedding bill @ least 2 a large extent. It is unafrican. The woman can support but not footing d bill. Rather than sponsor ur wedding, ladies i advice u give the money 2 the motherless and old people homes n u 'll highly rewarded with a responsible man that is a real man of ur dream.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sirt1(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2009
Divab:

Its never a win win situation, nature made it 4 a man to be the head of a household, Even the Bible says a man that can not provide for his household is worse than an infidel, A man should be able to pay for wedding expenses, A woman can only do so with mutual agreement and understanding, but the man should atleast pay the dowry,

For babes who wants to pay:  Are u prepared to be d bread winner all ur marital life, cos once u start paying now, ure making him lazy and unimportant, Will he appreciate you in the long run? except from exceptionally guys from the moon dat will realise ur worth and still treat you like the Queen and Angel ure to his life,

For the poster,  Do you want power to change hands in your own household? I hope you do not except the sweet honey paying all bills wife of urs to be submissive & respectful to u always, Lets face facts, are u prepared to wash d kids, prepare the meals, wash & clean the house where she's out there chasing money?

Marriage is a contributing effort of all, Love is never free or cheap, Let the 2 parties work on it and provide for all,
[/quote

@ Divab

True talk, chop ur nuckle

aduje link=topic=284076.msg4235621#msg4235621 date=1248339800:

A man who is not financially able to contribute at least 60% of his wedding cost is not fit for the marriage at that particular point in time. Sentiment and emotions apart. He is not matured for marriage.

I have seen instances where the guy contributes something, but the inlaws maybe wealthier would double it or more to ensure their daughter had a desired wedding.

FOR A MAN TO MARRY, HE HAS TO PLAY HIS ROLE VERY WELL

@ aduje

Thumb up for u.

@ All

For any man to command respect in his home, he must be financially resposible. Once any man fails in his financial obligations starting from courtship to marriage proper and homefront, he looses his respect nor matter how religious the wife is.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by lexyflexy(m): 10:41am On Jul 23, 2009
Ol'boy grin Nna men dis is not funny  sad How can,
Imagine my wife sponsoring my (our) wedding. I call that Pre-Marital encumbrance.

I personally forbid such for my life. But come to think of it, if a man would desire to be addressed as such, then he has to stick to it till death (planning / footing wedding expenses cannot be left out of his personal characteristics)

Secondly, I have seen cases where the woman foots the bill (with the man also involved in certain key issues). If you truly and sincerely love the guy and sincerely desire U both settle down together with the fear of losing the love of her life  (and the guy not having much on himself), then I don't see any reason why she should not (if she so desires to).

But there is always a future repercursion (this has to do with the woman), if she is the type that is of questionable character, she will someday (in the future) remind the man of the fact that he can be proud to call himself a (husband) man cos she made it possible (a little quarel could spring-up that sort of reminder), which could make the man feel uncomfortable and inferior (in his own matrimonial home)

In conclusion (for now), I would advice that the man shoulder the responsiblities to avoid (matters arising) in the future. After all, the Bible said it all [i[b]]"he who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favour from the LORD"[/b][/i]. I believe that if the intention behind two people coming together to become one is set and built on the principles of GOD, He will make available all that you will both need to make your wedding dreams a reality - before and after the wedding (which is the ultimate)

[font=Old English text Mt][size=18pt]lexyflexy[/size][/font]
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2009
Neptunz:

Poster, U realy disappointed manhood with ds ur thread.Why r u begging a woman to sponsor ur marriage, Go to india,cuz it is highly un-africa.U wud bcome a gold-digger,u loose ur respect etc.The issue is getting something to do as a man no matter how little u earn a gud rich lady might fall in love wt u,
Did you drink rum or is it just a problem with comprehension?

Naturez:

@ Poster
Do you know the person with the advert please? I have an advice for him abeg
No I don't.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by steve49ja(m): 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2009
What happened to my accounts??

@agaba
Nna ogini na fio?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by dammizz(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2009
A man is always a man and forever will he remain a man, Money or no money.
I dont wanna be a jobless or broke man anyway.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by agabaI23(m): 12:54pm On Jul 23, 2009
Steve
obodo di rawdy.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by steve49ja(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2009
agabaI23:

Steve
obodo di rawdy.

Hahaha agaba e gbuola nmadu,
Ke ije?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Marymos: 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2009
Well if the lady can sponsor the wedding due to the financial insolvent of the guy at that point in time,there is nothing bad about it but such a guy should be an individual that has a future and prospect if not,she will continue footing bills even after the wedding.Even in law there are exceptions.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nezan(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2009
Marymos:

Well if the lady can sponsor the wedding due to the financial insolvent of the guy at that point in time,there is nothing bad about it but such a guy should be an individual that has a future and prospect if not,she will continue footing bills even after the wedding.Even in law there are exceptions.
And many have done things like this,,,
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by otukpo(f): 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2009
IT IS ABSURD!
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by zibby(m): 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2009
Well, I'm proud to say that I put in the lion's share towards my wedding, though my lovely wife did contribute as well smiley. I was not shy to accept extra help from the in-laws and my parents. Pride fit kill person o! I believe it's a manly thing for the guy to fund the wedding, but funds in themselves (for the wedding) should not stop the couple from getting together if the wife is more able to assist. It's risky, though, (in my humble opinion). I think as men we're more likely to get more respect if we are in a position to pay up!

Here's food for thought (apologies if anyone's already pointed this out): I think in some cultures, e.g. England and parts of America, it's the bride's family who are responsible for planning and paying for the wedding. Not sure how many still follow this tradition, but isn't it weird how things can be so different in different places? smiley
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by nannyo(f): 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2009
[color=#990000][/color] cool
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Ndipe(m): 10:16pm On Jul 23, 2009
Why cant a lady sponsor her wedding, I mean, it's her own wedding also. What if she is richer than the man?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nezan(m): 10:05am On Jul 24, 2009
Ndipe:

Why cant a lady sponsor her wedding, I mean, it's her own wedding also. What if she is richer than the man?
Dem wan know?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by adconline(m): 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2009
So why don't  we rename this post, "why husbands/boyfriends should be financiers of marriages and unions from Naija perspective" Most Naija women will cherry pick when it favours them.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2009
If sponsoring means being solely responsible or carrying a large chunk of the bill, then No. I prefer 50-50. Don't see why i or my boo shud have to carry the weight when it can be shared evenly.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2009
adconline:

So why don't  we rename this post, "why husbands/boyfriends should be financiers of marriages and unions from Naija perspective" [size=16pt]Most Naija women will cherry pick when it favours them.[/size]

i heard that!  wink wink
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2009
She can and should contribute financially to her own wedding.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Anabel(f): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2009
A man is a man, no doubt about it, where is he when all his mate are busy working hard to earn a living. "Heaven help those that help themselves" I will sponsor the wedding, you will pack into my place, when night reach you go wan sleep with me. *Omoh e no possible, him think sey i be love maga. abeg abeg, make him enter BRT lane.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 7:12am On Jul 27, 2009
Anabel:

A man is a man, no doubt about it, where is he when all his mate are busy working hard to earn a living. "Heaven help those that help themselves" I will sponsor the wedding, you will pack into my place, when night reach you go wan sleep with me. *Omoh e no possible, him think sey i be love maga. abeg abeg, make him enter BRT lane.

where were u when ur mates were making money and dont need a guy's money 2 look after them? go sleep with ur toys lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by ademocrat(m): 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2009
No it is impossible as in ko por
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by ononogbu(f): 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2009
If promble (if it happen that the lady have money no promble)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban / Guinness Gold: Guinness Unveils New Premium Golden Lager Beer At Lagos Event / Amaechi Hosts Nollywood Stars To A Special Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.