Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? - Events (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? (20324 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / How To Make The Big Brands Beg To Sponsor Your Event / Can You Sponsor A Comedy Event? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by ifunayam(f): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2009
bcuz my village ppl don give me deadline for marriage, otherwise dem go send me woman from village and i dey fear, she fit bi momi-water
ewuooooo natoday?  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy u no go fit kill me oo abeg  cheesy cheesy
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nezan(m): 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2009
ifunayam:

desperation or stupidity
I've even heard of women that gave the man money for their own engagement ring
and that man will open his mouth one day and shout that he's the head of the house when he should be pounding foo foo in the backyard

hmmmnn OSiiiiii, cheesy cheesy grin odi egwu ooo!

Women are very funny, grin grin grin grin grin, the same ladies posting these replies will be the same ladies begging fresh unemployed graduates for marriage. Guess what? they will be buying clothes for the young man, foot the bill for the traditional/church wedding, and will continue feeding the guy after the marriage simply to answer to be a mrs. The problem is such guys seldom stay when they hit a major job, hahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2009
Nezan:

Women are very funny, grin grin grin grin grin, the same ladies posting these replies will be the same ladies begging fresh unemployed graduates for marriage. Guess what? they will be buying clothes for the young man, foot the bill for the traditional/church wedding, and will continue feeding the guy after the marriage simply to answer to be a mrs. The problem is such guys seldom stay when they hit a major job, hahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the underlying problem is most of those ladies dont love the guy, they just want to get married to save face, when it blows up in their face they begin to complain
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by desiree(f): 7:46pm On Jun 23, 2009
Like one of my dad's numerous saying: if a man does not have a job and cannot pay for his own wedding, he has no business getting married. The bride's family should only have to pay for the engagement dues.

I attended a wedding recently where everything was paid for by the bride's family. They got the couple an apartment, got the groom a car and a job in the family company.

Now is that a free loader or what?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by bluespice(f): 8:02pm On Jun 23, 2009
isnt the bride's family the one that foots the bills anyway?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2009
bluespice:

no mind them, dem no knw say tradition dey different from place 2 place
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by folybabe(f): 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2009
I can sponsor my wedding,since the success or failure wont be attributed to him alone but to both of us.once the understanding is there.if i cant,then when he is not financially ok,i cant help him.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by benlay(m): 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2009
as long as 'later comers' are not arrested, then a man should be ready financially to get married, what's the obnoxious idea of the woman will foot the bill, that's a gold digger man.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by spicy007(f): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2009
hmm, sensitive issue

most def i have to contribute , but foot the entire bill foor the marriage? no way, jose

once u start footing the bills at the point of the wedding, ladies,, u'll foot the bill in the marriage till death do u guys part. u know how it is.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nezan(m): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2009
benlay:

as long as 'later comers' are not arrested, then a man should be ready financially to get married, what's the obnoxious idea of the woman will foot the bill, that's a gold digger man.
Fact remains that some ladies desparately in need of a husband can pull any trick out of the books. I won't be surprised, ladies have given guys money right from brideprice payment to the wedding proper.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2009
@ Topic

I can, but wouldn't, never tongue my own money is for me to spend on me, and me only cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by hassymo5(m): 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2009
Guys don't allow any girl to give u money to pay her bride price, becos one day she will tell you afterall i married you. Becareful guys
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by dmy(m): 5:41pm On Jul 22, 2009
I WONDER.If that hapens very soon she'll be like "I PAID FOR OUR WEDDING SO,

1: I GET TO NAME OUR CHILDREN
,2:THEY'LL BEAR MY NAME AND NOT YOURS
3:I GET TO MAKE ALLL THE DECISIONS IN THIS HOUSE
4:I"LL ALWAYS BE ON "TOP"(GET IT)

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by fs(f): 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2009
LOL I had no idea there were actual rules about this. I also didn't know it was called "sponsoring." If you pay for your own wedding, how is it sponsoring? Anyway, to answer the question, my husband and I got married in the US and paid for our wedding. My siblings also decided to contribute some money. At the time, my husband had just graduated, so I guess one can say that I paid for most of it (at the beginning anyway). Didn't bother me and still doesn't. I also don't believe I was desperate, not sure why I would be desperate at 24. It wasn't about self esteem either, it was just what we had working for us at the time. Besides, before the wedding we already helped out each other with stuff.

I don't know, is it expected that the guy pay for the whole wedding or are people here leaning more towards 50/50? Or I guess towards the parents paying for it? If our parents could, that would have been lovely lol. No money coming from us. But then again, with us paying, we didn't have our parents inviting random people.

I should also add that it obviously depends on the type of people involved. My husband would never go around saying he's the head of the house, so I have to do this, that or the other. And I would never go around saying I paid for this that or the other, you are my inferior, or something along those lines. It just wouldn't happen. We are Christians, so in our household, he is indeed the head of the household, but that to us doesn't necessarily mean what it means to many Nigerians, as it's not about culture (which I believe Nigerians tend to focus on), but more about the actual Bible and its teachings on love and respect.

I wish everyone well.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by mamagee3(f): 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2009
Some can, it depends on your financial stability. undecided
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2009
Poster, U realy disappointed manhood with ds ur thread.Why r u begging a woman to sponsor ur marriage, Go to india,cuz it is highly un-africa.U wud bcome a gold-digger,u loose ur respect etc.The issue is getting something to do as a man no matter how little u earn a gud rich lady might fall in love wt u,
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by donbenedict(m): 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2009
Somtimes(if d guy in question is a brokeass nigga)love covers a multitude of fuckups
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by kok(m): 8:05pm On Jul 22, 2009
Neptunz:

Poster, U realy disappointed manhood with ds ur thread.Why r u begging a woman to sponsor ur marriage, Go to india,cuz it is highly un-africa.U wud bcome a gold-digger,u loose ur respect etc.The issue is getting something to do as a man no matter how little u earn a gud rich lady might fall in love wt u,

yea its un african but with the present "stock market " getting accumulated as each day passes by most ladies dont have a choice but to finance a man's every-every, including wedding atleast  to become a member of the married women club.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by kok(m): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2009
lof cova fukups for how long abeg that one no be love o, na tolerance. Ladies go tolorate anything just to answer that name "married woman" as long as the guy no dey beat her. lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by guseman(m): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2009
Naturally women are always self centred. What a man can do, woman can do better is that not the popular saying!!!!. It is very normal for a man to foot the wedding bills and that of the brides parent ASO EBI and even the engagement food and drinks abi? Good, why is it abnormal for ladies to do the same if in the position of doing that. Remember that no matter how bad, the guys family will do something even if just to attend the church and engagement ceremony and mind you, his commitee of friends will be there to do some serving and chairs arrangement, is that not input to the success of the wedding.

Ladies forget, things are changing. Women are now ministers,senators etc. gender equality, discrimination issues, they are fighting it badly. Why then you guys dont want to share responsibilty. There is what is called paradym shift, lol, guys are not scare, babes yapa, so grab your copy nowwww grin grin grin grin grin and stop doing shakara.

Honestly, one of my sister got married recently. The guy has MBA but no lucrative job yet and my ssiter is not getting any younger, infact I was praying the guy won't say i am no longer interested because I dont want to be doing some night vigils and going to Ori oke, grin grin grin we have to rescue the guy and today they ARE DOING GOOD. If we say cos the guy must bring up to 50%, I am sure things won't go well.

i have one advice for those of you doing shakara, God will give you want you want in Jesus name but not everyone will actually get that rich,tall,God fearing, handsome,humorous wateva.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by guseman(m): 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2009
Busy_body:

@ Topic

I can, but wouldn't, never tongue my own money is for me to spend on me, and me only cheesy grin cheesy

You see woman, na to buy jewelries,cloths and shoes they sabi including my Mama, she has many potmoto(hope u no wat dis is_dos iron box,but she don graduate to Ecolag bags) grin grin full of cloths but iro oo, once she sight any ankara and style she loves she need to buy!

Imagine one lady we have been praying for to get married. i asked her can she marry someone that will drop 3,500 naira and she should add 1,500 to it for soup cos she has a shop, meaning she is not full time house wife o. She said NEVER. The kind of man she is praying for is the type that will drop 10k and will not ask for change. i tried to make her see reason but iro o she insisted, little wonder i can count up to 10guys that i know are once her Alasiri (secret lovers) All na to do and dump, you know why, even a mad man desires the best. if you doubt me when next you see one give him/her 200 naira, she the reaction from when you give 20 naira or those almageris and see, Infact one man did miracle, he gave one deaf n dumb guy 1,000 note and the next thing the guy said, thank you sir!!! Miracle, grin cheesy grin
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Angel4luv: 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2009
I will be so delighted to do so. But the question is, what makes him the man then.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by fs(f): 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2009
Angel4luv:

I will be so delighted to do so. But the question is, what makes him the man then.

What makes him the man? Paying for everything makes him the man? i don't get it. What kind of men do ladies want to marry? We complain about a lot of things they do but I'm sorry to say we seem to attract the exact guys with the very attitudes we end up complaining about? As long as it's not some lazy guy that is going nowhere.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Winnergal(f): 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2009
I co-sponsored my wedding . . . My hubby wanted to do the sole sponsoring but i didn't let him . . . I've got my pride you know  cheesy . . .
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by guseman(m): 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2009
Angel4luv:

grin grin grin
You want to know? Oh i see, I served in Jos and over there, it is their women that do most things, farming, selling etc Then i asked this question, where are the Men? In fact during the crisis, come see as these women brought out their cutlasses, I was impressed and I respect their their bravery. When you help your husband when in Need, he will always respect you. Rather than just been a liability, when he pays for every thing, then you are just like a furniture in the house.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Becomrich: 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2009
In yoruba culture is the lady family that sponsor the wedding those day. it is not a big deal.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by bluespice(f): 12:01am On Jul 23, 2009
isnt it the lady n her family that foot most of the bills anyway?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by henchmark: 1:10am On Jul 23, 2009
our ladies never seize to amaze me, truth is 70% of the time when a girl says yes she actually means no, translate that to the comments generated on this topic, virtually all of them will sponsor their weddings if they are in a tight corner, cause they always want their mates to believe they ve got the best even if they will die the next minute, dont get me wrong, its the truth, all ya saying you wont , simply wait until u find urself in a tight corner.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by na2day2(m): 4:57am On Jul 23, 2009
Winnergal:

I co-sponsored my wedding . . . My hubby wanted to do the sole sponsoring but i didn't let him . . . I've got my pride you know  cheesy . . .

u r already married? shocked shocked shocked shocked dunnit! angry angry angry angry
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by MrWaters: 5:13am On Jul 23, 2009
Y not. Ain't d ladies want convention weddin?
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by sirt1(m): 8:49am On Jul 23, 2009
@ Poster,

I belief ladies can contribute to their wedding financialy, but not footing everything.

henchmark:

our ladies never seize to amaze me, truth is 70% of the time when a girl says yes she actually means no, translate that to the comments generated on this topic, virtually all of them will sponsor their weddings if they are in a tight corner, cause they always want their mates to believe they ve got the best even if they will die the next minute, dont get me wrong, its the truth, all ya saying you wont , simply wait until u find urself in a tight corner.

@ Henchmark

True talk. They always talk with two sides of the mouth. Their yes is always NO and vice versa.

bluespice:

@ Bluespice

That was then. Now both parties compliment each other and that gives d man sense of belonging at least.

Winnergal:

I co-sponsored my wedding . . . My hubby wanted to do the sole sponsoring but i didn't let him . . . I've got my pride you know cheesy . . .

@ Winnergal

Hope u did not allow that to get into ur head and start struggling with ur husband's authority?

Becomrich:

In yoruba culture is the lady family that sponsor the wedding those day. it is not a big deal.

@ Becomrich

That was then, not now.
Re: Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? by Naturez(m): 8:51am On Jul 23, 2009
dmy:

I WONDER.If that hapens very soon she'll be like "I PAID FOR OUR WEDDING SO,

1: I GET TO NAME OUR CHILDREN
,2:THEY'LL BEAR MY NAME AND NOT YOURS
3:I GET TO MAKE ALLL THE DECISIONS IN THIS HOUSE
4:I"LL ALWAYS BE ON "TOP"(GET IT)

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!

This one na true yarn oooo[color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Guinness Gold: Guinness Unveils New Premium Golden Lager Beer At Lagos Event / Amaechi Hosts Nollywood Stars To A Special Dinner / Tony Anenih's 80th Birthday Celebration Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.