Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

#Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics (45026 Views)

Epic Response To Ben-Bruce Apology To Unilag Students On Twitter (pics) / #letsblamegej Now Trending On Twitter (pics) / Union Bank vs Buhari Trending On Twitter (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Jayne2014(f): 7:05am On Jan 05, 2016
Yhinkss:

Oga marvin you better keep your epistle to yourself for now. Because they so much take us citizenry for a ride. They need to be taught a lesson. Which corrupt judicial system are you talking of.
Is it not the same that freed james ibori
Is it not the same that freed Maina
Is it not the same with Fani Kayode etc
Guy we are not ripe yet for true democracy. What we need now is a strong hand to do what is right. We the good citizen are not complaining or where were your for 7 years while the large scale looting was on and we never heard the name EFCC
Jonathan suppressed them completely because he himself is corruption

Yes, true we need strong institution but that is at a latter time for strengthening but what we need now is a tyrant, gat that?
Bros, since we are not ready for democracy, what system of government are we ready for? Is it the military government? Oh, what we need now is a tyrant? Do you know what happens in a totalitarian government? Is it the military governments that used oil blocs to pay bride price?
The truth is that Nigeria is too complex for a totalitarian government.
I dare say that our democracy has grown since 1999. What it needs is restructuring.
Finally, I always say that what we need are strong institutions and not strong men.
Peace!

1 Like

Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by tsdarkside(m): 7:09am On Jan 05, 2016
seyitone:

i had a similar argument with a colleague yesterday. We cannot afford this "throw out the baby with the bath water" approach. Maddoff stole 50 billion dollars and he his day in court. After fair hearing base on the rule if law, he was duly sentenced and now in prison. If we allow this mockery of the rule of law, we not only be sstting loose a dog that might come back and bite us, we will also be encouraging a dictatorship. Jail Dasuki. but follow the law. I believe in our judicial system. The likes of Bode George can testify to that... It will be a very bad precedence to begin to allow the president play plaintiff, Jury and Judge.
Let the war corruption continue but lets not suspend the nigeria constitution as if we are in a different kind of war.
God bless Buhari
God bless Nigeria

atleast the threat of dictatorship is waking you people up...........rise nigeria,we are at war!!!

they want to destroy us after colonialism...!!!.........fight,fight,,,,fight to survive the madness of the devil!!!...
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by 9icelag: 7:10am On Jan 05, 2016
#fireonbaba
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by felifeli: 7:11am On Jan 05, 2016
#leavebuhariforlawma grin angry grin
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Okies27(m): 7:13am On Jan 05, 2016
smsshola:
Since the media chat by PMB several attacks has been directed to him and many at the opposition have called him different names and insult...while many at opposition tents see him as dictator and tyranny... but it seem many Nigeria love the way he is tackling corruption... see snapshots.
. Fire on Buhari and jail all the Northerners that stole naija money since dem born me.
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by emerged01(m): 7:16am On Jan 05, 2016
To he'll with the haters of progress. #fireonBuhari
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by chrisblack: 7:16am On Jan 05, 2016
OgbeifunErom:
#FireonBuhari

Baba Fire on with the war on corruption

75% of Nigerians are FULLY behind you

We trust you and appreciate your commitment to defeat the menace of IPOB related corruption

We know that noise from IPOB youths is music to your ears because it furthers your determination

We can assure you that we will continue to frustrate all efforts of IPOB youths and their associates

Guy I disagree with you not 75% .its is 95% that are in support of Baba. Its only the 5% who are known to all Nigerians that are against him. We know them and their antecedents. Even when they see truth they rather embrace lies caused they have been shamed and rejected even by the Almighty. God loves the truthful and upright in heart.God will never support a person or a group who goes about massaging the ego of Corruption
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by shar10ckq: 7:23am On Jan 05, 2016
hail, baba!!! she baba god bless baba.
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by kandrus: 7:24am On Jan 05, 2016
MadCow1:
#FireOnBuhari.. Make I see wetin to use light my E-gbo
pls check your pm
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Kunlexic(m): 7:30am On Jan 05, 2016
See APC antagonists Abeg leave trash for lawma
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Qasim6(m): 7:30am On Jan 05, 2016
Bollinger:

Unless you are living in denial. There is hard proof on YouTube, by a BBC correspondent, posted here on nairaland, showing Nigerian policemen publicly demanding bribes and you doubt a story about lecturers demanding sex for grades. Really? The problem in Nigeria is not it's leader; the problem is it's citizens. They live in denial, their standards are low, they don't even know what the standard is, their expectations are low, they lack the knowledge of what leadership truly is so anyone can be a leader to them, they are easily dazzled, and they forget too quickly. God, what a people.
I did not doubt all these. it's just how u easily cooked up that story
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Sike(m): 7:34am On Jan 05, 2016
Fire On Baba...
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Pidggin(f): 7:37am On Jan 05, 2016
The North is the problem of this country
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by chudionu58(f): 7:40am On Jan 05, 2016
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by ValarDoharis: 7:48am On Jan 05, 2016
Even Hitler had huge support from many Germans
sameer1212:
From me and the entire sane Nigerians,we say #fireonbaba# cheesy cheesy
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 05, 2016
234GT:

Stop deceiving yourself. Buhari cannot stop that. I was in a hotel for dinner last week, and a lecturer and a sexy student were negotiating sex for marks on the table next to me. Stop living in a fools paradise!

U saw that and heard what they were doing and you couldnt get a video or a voice recording so you wuld actually be a change agent by exposing that lecturer to the world and the authorities?

#FireOnBuhari
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Demallcrazy(m): 7:53am On Jan 05, 2016
OgbeifunErom:
#FireonBuhari

Baba Fire on with the war on corruption

75% of Nigerians are FULLY behind you

We trust you and appreciate your commitment to defeat the menace of IPOB related corruption

We know that noise from IPOB youths is music to your ears because it furthers your determination

We can assure you that we will continue to frustrate all efforts of IPOB youths and their associates

Nna my flend, hw can u say it's 75% wen it's 95% ? angry
It's 5% ipads, ipods, wailerz & d rest of dem thieves against Sai Baba grin
Kai Baba Buhari, mek I deh pire deh gor walahi cool
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by DutchNegro(m): 8:02am On Jan 05, 2016
Marvin67:
Nd that is how people would sit in their rooms and push baba to destruction.

We can't practise half democracy. Democracy is based on the rule of law. If we don't want to abide by that we can create our own system of government. We can't claim to be practising a democracy where literates would support one man to be lawmaker, president, and chief judge at the same time. This is not democracy, let's stop deceiving ourselves.

As I always say, it's not about PDP or APC. It,'s about standing for what is right today, so you wouldn't need to change your stand tomorrow. If you support Buhari in this today, be ready to support another tyrant leader when he comes up. What we need is strong institutions, not strong individuals, becareful how powerful you make Buhari feel, it could backfire tomorrow. A word is enough for the wise

To be sincere u made reasonable reasonable points.. But in a country where the expectedly reliable institutions are not reliably strong, how do you rule out such patterns in dealing with them.
My brother, we don't have to be blind to the likely consequences of accruing too much power to the President through massive support of his actions against corruption.. Its just that all we need is the right about now is the strong handling to reinvent strong institutions.
All these individuals, groups, and organisations you see/hear decrying PMB's actions will one day get burnt because many of them are not clean, so, they want to flee the inescapable wrath of PMB's bow and arrow!
Let's give him our support in his fight against the corrupt fellas. There are many sides to the effect of their inhumane acts on the masses, but the one I see every day is the way it keeps the slum dwellers in the slum. No easy access to education and even when u get it they still come around to recruit into one group/gang or the other to serve the whims and caprices of these corruption fattened leaders. Is it a good Idea keeping graduates in their paternal homes after four years in the university while feast on our rightful dividends? Making policies everyday only to make for more difficult routes to securing jobs by average Nigerians? Can't tell all but His actions are worth it at the time!
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Brooklynsouth(f): 8:16am On Jan 05, 2016
Yhinkss:
At rideonbaba we the good people are solidly behind u. How I wish u come now as a military

Only children of hate will develop heart attack. Abeg I'm using this chance to help enhance your dragnet to madam shepotamus. I want to hear her wail with a visit to kirikiri
he can try that on GEJ and go scot free but mama peace that ll be his end you as e dey be nah that woman doesn't smile @ all in bubu the terrorists matter infact she ll sponsor his assassination remember mbaka's new year msg this may happen this year
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Nathokes(m): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2016
Yhinkss:

Oga marvin you better keep your epistle to yourself for now. Because they so much take us citizenry for a ride. They need to be taught a lesson. Which corrupt judicial system are you talking of.
Guy we are not ripe yet for true democracy. What we need now is a strong hand to do what is right. We the good citizen are not complaining or where were your for 7 years while the large scale looting was on and we never heard the name EFCC

Yes, true we need strong institution but that is at a latter time for strengthening but what we need now is a tyrant, gat that?

Yhinkss, with all due respect to you, if the president detests curruption and wants to nail those in the past administration who are guilty of it, tell me how this posture reconciles the millions of naira belonging to River State which Amaechi diverted to fund the same PMB's campaign. That fund would have been used to better the lives of impoverished people in Rivers. Are you sure we aren't in a situation of a kettle callind a pot black?
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by lukaino(m): 9:05am On Jan 05, 2016
FIRE ON BABA
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by refiner(f): 9:26am On Jan 05, 2016
tsdarkside:

the world shouldnt fool themselfs,nigeria is complex...

take the case of ojukwu for example,,,,we forgave ojukwu and even let him parcipate to be president....other nations would have sentenced him to death......

if the entire igbos had supported ojukwu,ojukwu would have become president,well meaning igbos,will never forget how we handled the matter back then.....

after centuries of humiliation from other nations,nigeria was desperately looking for heroes....and ojukwu is one of our heroes....a hero,that is ready to defend the black-race till the very last........

nigeria is united against any foreign invasion or intrusion...

hnmm....noted....
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by punkyellla(f): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2016
houstonia:
#fireoninstupidity I leave you for LAWMA
Corruption has destroed thi Nation.
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Bollinger(m): 10:01am On Jan 05, 2016
Qasim6:

I did not doubt all these. it's just how u easily cooked up that story

I didn't post it. But never the less, I believe it.
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by teemon123(m): 10:27am On Jan 05, 2016
234GT:
Its well o. I am not surprised because some confused people were ready to accept nepa bill from Buhari in lieu of his certificates. How won't they support disobedience to court orders?
We had a country!

WHAT INDEED IS THE RULE OF LAW?
Written by Kay Lord

I remember one of President Obama's key promise during his first term campaign;

"I will shut down Guatanamo Bay prisons. It is hypocritical of America to be preaching democracy and rule of law to the world yet own a facility where suspects are kept without trial for many years. The shutting down of that illegal detention centre would be one of my first executive order once I am sworn in as the President of the United States. " (Paraphrased)

As I write this, Obama is nearing the end of his second term in office and Guatanamo prison is still standing and the US are still detaining high risk suspects there, some for upward of 10 to 15 years without trial or prosecution in any law court anywhere in the world.

Obama came to office as a green horn in security matters. He did not know that security issues are not subject to campaign rhetoric. I remember John McCain, his Republican challenger, a war veteran and a Senator of over 30 years, who had chaired several Senate security committee in the US Senate telling Obama he does not know what he's talking about!

You will wonder why Obama kept silent on Guatanamo till now? Now, he knows better. That's why I laugh reading Facebook 'activist' and unrepentant Buhari bashers pontificating and sermonising over the rule of law after what President Buhari said about granting bail for individuals that has serious case against the state that pertains to security issues.

What folks don't understand is that the rule of law itself is subject to the rule and right of a nation when it pertains to the security and wellbeing of the people of a country against that of a few individuals. That's why, the USA that calls themselves the land of freedom and the bastion of democracy in the world do not care about the rule of law when it concerns the security of her people. That supercede any rule of law. Cry from today to eternity, you are just wasting your time and effort, America will ignore you and do what they have to do.

Check this; the US flouted every international law when the President of the US ordered special combat forces to go into the territory of another sovereign nation, Pakistan in order to get Osama bin Laden. Not only was Osama ordered to be killed extra judicially but his corpse was even buried at sea. When I read a book detailing the preparation for that mission by one of the members of that special force that entered into Pakistan under the cover of the night, you will realize that when it comes to the security and safety of the United States, they are ready to flout any law. Now, do you want to accuse Obama of illegality? Has Pakistan sued America at the World court? Also, please who amongst the vuvuzelas shouting themselves hoarse on Facebook will pick up the gauntlet and sue the President of the US for killing Osama bin Laden extra judicially? Ohhh don't they think Osama bin Laden has fundamental right to fair hearing? Yeye people!

One of the reasons I supported president Buhari came to fore during his media chat. I am an advocate of the rule of law and I believe in it but personally I believe we have to draw a line when the rule of law comes into conflict with security, safety and the well being of citizens of a given nation. You can't flagrantly abuse the security and well being of the people and come around to shout about rule of law when it's time to face the consequences of your action. Our judicial process must be overhauled to conform with the reality of the moment. America knows this better. For once, this country has a President that is ready to lead! It's not that PMB does not believe in the rule of law. After all, this is a man that was rigged out of election on about 3 occasions but followed the rule of law by going all up to the Supreme court to seek redress.

What the President is saying to whoever care to listen is that, when it comes to the safety, well being and progress of this nation no individual would use the rule of law to escape justice. That's why he said point blank concerning the Shi'ite issue that you can't have a state inside a state! It's either folks are ready to shape up or ship out! This country has been thrown to the dogs, it's high time we take it back and put it on the path of sanctity. Enough of lilly livered leadership, it's time to run this country according to dictates of the time we live in.

If you don't like it, sorry, we have a country to run and you will have to excuse us.

Kay Lord, 2 January 2016
(All Rights reserved)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Frankmiles: 11:09am On Jan 05, 2016
Yhinkss:

Hell yeah! No more "Political Correctness" it doesn't Stops Looting, We need a Leader Who is Brutally Honest! You can't bring these people down with the Law.
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by BABANGBALI: 11:16am On Jan 05, 2016
teemon123:

WHAT INDEED IS THE RULE OF LAW?
Written by Kay Lord

I remember one of President Obama's key promise during his first term campaign;

"I will shut down Guatanamo Bay prisons. It is hypocritical of America to be preaching democracy and rule of law to the world yet own a facility where suspects are kept without trial for many years. The shutting down of that illegal detention centre would be one of my first executive order once I am sworn in as the President of the United States. " (Paraphrased)

As I write this, Obama is nearing the end of his second term in office and Guatanamo prison is still standing and the US are still detaining high risk suspects there, some for upward of 10 to 15 years without trial or prosecution in any law court anywhere in the world.

Obama came to office as a green horn in security matters. He did not know that security issues are not subject to campaign rhetoric. I remember John McCain, his Republican challenger, a war veteran and a Senator of over 30 years, who had chaired several Senate security committee in the US Senate telling Obama he does not know what he's talking about!

You will wonder why Obama kept silent on Guatanamo till now? Now, he knows better. That's why I laugh reading Facebook 'activist' and unrepentant Buhari bashers pontificating and sermonising over the rule of law after what President Buhari said about granting bail for individuals that has serious case against the state that pertains to security issues.

What folks don't understand is that the rule of law itself is subject to the rule and right of a nation when it pertains to the security and wellbeing of the people of a country against that of a few individuals. That's why, the USA that calls themselves the land of freedom and the bastion of democracy in the world do not care about the rule of law when it concerns the security of her people. That supercede any rule of law. Cry from today to eternity, you are just wasting your time and effort, America will ignore you and do what they have to do.

Check this; the US flouted every international law when the President of the US ordered special combat forces to go into the territory of another sovereign nation, Pakistan in order to get Osama bin Laden. Not only was Osama ordered to be killed extra judicially but his corpse was even buried at sea. When I read a book detailing the preparation for that mission by one of the members of that special force that entered into Pakistan under the cover of the night, you will realize that when it comes to the security and safety of the United States, they are ready to flout any law. Now, do you want to accuse Obama of illegality? Has Pakistan sued America at the World court? Also, please who amongst the vuvuzelas shouting themselves hoarse on Facebook will pick up the gauntlet and sue the President of the US for killing Osama bin Laden extra judicially? Ohhh don't they think Osama bin Laden has fundamental right to fair hearing? Yeye people!

One of the reasons I supported president Buhari came to fore during his media chat. I am an advocate of the rule of law and I believe in it but personally I believe we have to draw a line when the rule of law comes into conflict with security, safety and the well being of citizens of a given nation. You can't flagrantly abuse the security and well being of the people and come around to shout about rule of law when it's time to face the consequences of your action. Our judicial process must be overhauled to conform with the reality of the moment. America knows this better. For once, this country has a President that is ready to lead! It's not that PMB does not believe in the rule of law. After all, this is a man that was rigged out of election on about 3 occasions but followed the rule of law by going all up to the Supreme court to seek redress.

What the President is saying to whoever care to listen is that, when it comes to the safety, well being and progress of this nation no individual would use the rule of law to escape justice. That's why he said point blank concerning the Shi'ite issue that you can't have a state inside a state! It's either folks are ready to shape up or ship out! This country has been thrown to the dogs, it's high time we take it back and put it on the path of sanctity. Enough of lilly livered leadership, it's time to run this country according to dictates of the time we live in.

If you don't like it, sorry, we have a country to run and you will have to excuse us.

Kay Lord, 2 January 2016
(All Rights reserved)
I love this,I love you,I love baba and I love Nigeria. God punish all enemies of Buhari's government tongue
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by BABANGBALI: 11:17am On Jan 05, 2016
Yhinkss:

gbam,good talk,good thinking. God bless you and your generation
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Frankmiles: 11:24am On Jan 05, 2016
DutchNegro:

To be sincere u made reasonable reasonable points.. But in a country where the expectedly reliable institutions are not reliably strong, how do you rule out such patterns in dealing with them.
My brother, we don't have to be blind to the likely consequences of accruing too much power to the President through massive support of his actions against corruption.. Its just that all we need is the right about now is the strong handling to reinvent strong institutions.
All these individuals, groups, and organisations you see/hear decrying PMB's actions will one day get burnt because many of them are not clean, so, they want to flee the inescapable wrath of PMB's bow and arrow!
Let's give him our support in his fight against the corrupt fellas. There are many sides to the effect of their inhumane acts on the masses, but the one I see every day is the way it keeps the slum dwellers in the slum. No easy access to education and even when u get it they still come around to recruit into one group/gang or the other to serve the whims and caprices of these corruption fattened leaders. Is it a good Idea keeping graduates in their paternal homes after four years in the university while feast on our rightful dividends? Making policies everyday only to make for more difficult routes to securing jobs by average Nigerians? Can't tell all but His actions are worth it at the time!

You're damn right. These Guys knew there is a rule of law in place in this country and yet still went ahead looting funds. Like I'd say, serious issues demands serious response. These looters you think you want to play russian roulette with, know the game more than you do. At least even if his actions are contrary to the rule law I'd like to buy them to see some looters root in jail. We've been playing this rule of law game for years, but it is really not helping issues. We need a Leader Who is Brutally Honest to a reasonable doubt. #MakeNigeriaGreatAgain.
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by 234GT(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2016
naijadeyhia:

U saw that and heard what they were doing and you couldnt get a video or a voice recording so you wuld actually be a change agent by exposing that lecturer to the world and the authorities?

#FireOnBuhari

I could not do that because I was thinking about meeting my targets at work too!
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 05, 2016
234GT:

I could not do that because I was thinking about meeting my targets at work too!

You were thinking about meeting your targets at work but listened and knew what they were talking about and even remembered it? Guy u no try at all. You are as guilty as the lecturer. I am sure yu enjoyed eavesdropping and enjoyed the conversation.
Re: #Fireonbaba Now Trending On Twitter.Pics by sweetgala(m): 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Marvin67:
Nd that is how people would sit in their rooms and push baba to destruction.

We can't practise half democracy. Democracy is based on the rule of law. If we don't want to abide by that we can create our own system of government. We can't claim to be practising a democracy where literates would support one man to be lawmaker, president, and chief judge at the same time. This is not democracy, let's stop deceiving ourselves.

As I always say, it's not about PDP or APC. It,'s about standing for what is right today, so you wouldn't need to change your stand tomorrow. If you support Buhari in this today, be ready to support another tyrant leader when he comes up. What we need is strong institutions, not strong individuals, becareful how powerful you make Buhari feel, it could backfire tomorrow. A word is enough for the wise

It is a fact that the elites and the kings of corruption have conquered the judicial process in Nigeria and abuse it to the detriment of Nigerians. Madoff who engaged in illegal trading was on house arrest and given a most severe punishment to detract others from ever trying such, that is what happens in a sane country , how can a judge who knows the weight of the allegations, with the quanity of fact, and the knowledge of the magnitude of influence this man has, a man who once orchestrated a coup and marched into a sitting head of states home and put him in hand cuffs be allowed bail.

If Dasuki is let off, in less than 30 days Nigeria would be under military rule I can assure you of that. Kanu on the other hand is accused of incitement to hatred, planning to murder Nigerians ,terrorism and other treasonable offences, in any other country I know of, bail would be off the books, he would be in solitary confinement and can be held for over 90 days, go check the UK and US changing their laws to accommodate such.

Jerry Rawlings killed 3 heads of states, over 4 supreme court judges and many high ranking civil servants, politicians and military men because it was necessary for the salvation of a country and it's people. Nigerians have suffered long enough it's time we save ourselves, the French had a revolution, the Italians had theirs, the Russians rid themselves of the tsar's, some 200 years ago Americans rid themselve of british rule, why are we timid to kill our oppressors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ali Modu Sherrif In High Spirits As He Arrives His Residence After Victory. PICS / Full Supreme Court Judgement On Imo Election. Pics / Ambode And Bagudu Eating Lake Rice (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.