Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment (9776 Views)

What Business Or Investment Can I Go Into With 1millon Naira? / In What Business Or Investment Ideas Can Someone Make At Least N500k Per Month? / Ask E-coach On Any Internet Business Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by Alashi(m): 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
aniseamos:
you can get it in Lagos and Portharcourt. But you did not state the kind of envelop you want to be making
i would also want the envelope making machine. mine is for paper medicine envelopes
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
Someone ask for advice this way:
I want to start an online travel agency like the biggest one in nigeria, as a business is it profitable?
Advice
Online travelling job is a good business, if you don't join it to defraud your fellow Nigeria. Is a job which you will enjoy, if you have a good partner and you pass through the normal process.
All what you need is to have a shop where people will be meeting you, register your business with CAC. Gather the right information from the embassy which you want to be doing, get little information from Nigeria immigration service by visiting there office in person.
Doing this and lot more will make you be a geniue agent.
Even the job will make you also be a traveller, so you will enjoy the job if you start in the right place.
So is a profitable business that does not cost you anything to start with, than to gather the right information.
Thanks
For more whatsapp or call +2348036056564
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
Another person whatsapp me that he want clear advice on trycle and bus business.
Advice
Trycle business is good but bus business is better. Depend on the amount you have at hand should determine which one you want to go for.
But if it is bus, don't buy if you are not the driver, but you can still manage trycle because it can be used in a limited area.
So bus business is profitable more that trycycle business.
So tell me what you want to do with them , that I can advice you further on it.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by Olayinka777(m): 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2016
Goodevening coach, beautiful thread u have got here. I am presently in the agricultural line of business, catfish processing to be precise,in Abuja and it's doing pretty well. Now the issue is the business has not really blown to the level it should, in terms of wider coverage and all. What can I do for it to reach a larger population?
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 2:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
Olayinka777:
Goodevening coach, beautiful thread have got here. I am presently in the agricultural line of business, catfish processing to be precise,in Abuja and it's doing pretty well. Now the issue is the business has not really blown to the level it should, in terms of wider coverage and all. What can I do for it to reach a larger population?
Catfish business is marketable everywhere. You can take your market to another state like the north or southwest side, many people are transporting catfish to Gombe, Lagos, Ibadan, and have you try visiting carting center, restaurant services houses, market place.
and go for radio advertisement to still announce what you have, so that people can patronize you.
See market is not to cheap your product, but is all about packaging.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
Someone ask about petroleum haulage business which he want to start.

Advice

Petroleum business is good in Nigeria either you showup as a dealer or as an agent. but base on the amount you have at hand. I means you cannot go for dealer. Is better you go for agent which will profit you.
Meaning of Dealer in petroleum: is someone that have a filling station and can order from the deport down to his filling station. this need a reasonable amount of almost 10m to start with even if you want to rent filling station to start with. And to do this business you have to register in proper way for you not fall victim.
Meaning of Agent: This person did not have a filling station or a tanker, but he knows how to order fuel from deport for a tanker to deliver it to where ever he want. This business does not need huge amount; you can just form a group and start the business. What you will do is that you can buy fuel from the marketer at reasonable price and sell it at your own price to either the dealer himself. you can calculate your profit from each liter sold. And to also start this business you need to register as an agent also.

You also ask that which business can you start.
With what you said you have at hand, my own question is what do you good at?
Ask yourself why do you want to start business?
Your idea is important in this area. If you don't have idea don't waste your time in starting any business at all.
Sit down on your own and think of what you good at and what is the challenges people are facing within your environment. And if you are not in the place where you want to start ask question around. you will gathered lot of answers to what you want.
So when you gather things ready am here for you.
Thanks. Whatsapp or call +2348036056564
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by gafmod: 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
I need your advice on exportation business involving perishable and non perishable goods. Thanks.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by Olayinka777(m): 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
aniseamos:

Catfish business is marketable everywhere. You can take your market to another state like the north or southwest side, many people are transporting catfish to Gombe, Lagos, Ibadan, and have you try visiting carting center, restaurant services houses, market place.
and go for radio advertisement to still announce what you have, so that people can patronize you.
See market is not to cheap your product, but is all about packaging.
Thanks boss I appreciate your prompt reply. I will call u so as to have a better conversation with u.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 1:53am On Jan 13, 2016
Alashi:

i would also want the envelope making machine. mine is for paper medicine envelopes
Where do you reside?
If you tell me your location I will give you what you want
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 1:54am On Jan 13, 2016
Olayinka777:
Thanks boss I appreciate your prompt reply. I will call u so as to have a better conversation with u.
You are welcome.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 2:13am On Jan 13, 2016
gafmod:
I need your advice on exportation business involving perishable and non perishable goods. Thanks.
Advice
Yes, even as Nigeria is now, all perishable and non perishable will be marketable in the world, because our government is now making effort to make sure we don't rely on fuel any longer, better still they are going into agriculture.
As you know cocoa and cashew seed is not selling and cost like any other thing, even though the exporters are faking the farmers of the amount they are buying from them, the farmers are still happy that the seed are not cost in the country.
To get both perishable and non perishable goods, you have to do extra job, by asking people in the market where they are getting it from. And move down there, and buy it. But before you start exportation, have the following:
(1) Bank account (current not savings)
(2) A valid address (shop or office not compulsory). You can use your home.
(3) CAC registration certificate
(4) Tax clearance (which you can get from state government of where you are.
(5) Rent or having your own container for the movement of your goods.
And others.
And you can sell it on different website that need the goods. I can give you the website on your request.
And I want you to know that there is fraudster in this business, so is better to watch your back very well when you start the business.
You can make times 3 of your investment at a trip.
What you can export are:
Cocoa, charcoal, beans, yam, cassava, pepper, tomato, cashew, walnut, moringa, aloe vera, garri and so on.
Till another time whatsapp or call +2348036056564
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by gafmod: 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
Thank you business coach for the encouraging words and advice. I'll definetly call for further assistance.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
Someone message me on whatsapp and asl question like this:
Good Morning Business Coach,
I need your help.
1.i want to venture into Banana/Plantain cultivation please what are the challenges?
2.How long will it take me to register a business with CAC and how much will it cost?
Solutions

1.i want to venture into Banana/Plantain cultivation please what are the challenges?
If you are not hardworking, and you can not spend on labourer don't go into the business.
There is no too much challengies in it, but it depend where your land is situated to move your product out.
Another challenges that may arise is how to fast selling it before it start rip, because if banana start rip, then it will not too good again.
What you need to start banana plantain are:
1. Land, it will be better if it is near water area ()
2. Banana stem (I mean the baby stem)
3. You need someone like a labourer which you can get at cheaper rate.
4. Little money of at least 10k to startup
5. You can get the banana stem from the ministry of agric in your state.

2.How long will it take me to register a business with CAC and how much will it cost?
Registration of business surpose to take up to 3weeks.
You will first pay 500naira to verify your company name and 11k for the registration, that is for enterprises. But for limited company you will need to right article of your company and it will cost you 75k for the registration.
Hope I have answer most your question.
Whatsapp or call +2348036056564 for more.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by MikeBAG(m): 12:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
aniseamos:
Someone message me on whatsapp and asl question like this:
Good Morning Business Coach,
I need your help.
Solutions

If you are not hardworking, and you can not spend on labourer don't go into the business.
There is no too much challengies in it, but it depend where your land is situated to move your product out.
Another challenges that may arise is how to fast selling it before it start rip, because if banana start rip, then it will not too good again.
What you need to start banana plantain are:
1. Land, it will be better if it is near water area ()
2. Banana stem (I mean the baby stem)
3. You need someone like a labourer which you can get at cheaper rate.
4. Little money of at least 10k to startup
5. You can get the banana stem from the ministry of agric in your state.

Registration of business surpose to take up to 3weeks.
You will first pay 500naira to verify your company name and 11k for the registration, that is for enterprises. But for limited company you will need to right article of your company and it will cost you 75k for the registration.
Hope I have answer most your question.
Whatsapp or call +2348036056564 for more.

Thanks For the information
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by agaluck: 3:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
I am producing orange oil, please advice me on how to market it, because it a new product in Nigeria.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 5:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
agaluck:
I am producing orange oil, please advice me on how to market it, because it a new product in Nigeria.

My Word
Production orange oil is not new in Nigeria, most of the cream producing companies are using it, and some other soap washing companies are also using it.
But since it is your own idea and you good in making it, then while can't you work to company where they are using your product and start marketing to them.
And there are thousands of companies that are in need of your product which you can sell to.
Work directly to the companies and show them what you have, and you also may start using it for other production use.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by obrien29(m): 7:44pm On Jan 13, 2016
Hello, I am an undergrad but I want to start up a business that can enable me combine studies with business. I have the capital of 10000 to 15000 naira. Which business do you think will be more suitable for me?
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by Rhema0011: 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2016
Please I'm starting up an automated laundry outlet in Ota, Close to DBells university. I need your advice.

Main target is express fabric attendance since I'm using machine for washing and ironing, also fry cleaning for special fabrics and finally pick-up and delivery services
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
Rhema0011:
Please I'm starting up an automated laundry outlet in Ota, Close to DBells university. I need your advice.

Main target is express fabric attendance since I'm using machine for washing and ironing, also fry cleaning for special fabrics and finally pick-up and delivery services
Is a business that you can be earning almost 10-20k every week if you know how to do it perfectly.
Laundry work is good, and you can be doing it either part time or full time. That depend on the nature of your job at present.
But you have to be serious about the job,
What you need to put in place since you get the machine are
Get a shop or use your home as service area
Get a banner announcing your work.
Get a business card, also get a handbills announcing your service
Distribute it around your area, and also go inside the Bells and distribute it with the students and the lecture, also with non teaching staff.
Also go to indomie company near you, go to Chelsea company also, do not be afraid of what you want to sell. You will just see that you will have enough customer to work for.
And always yet your time be your time.

1 Like

Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 6:06am On Jan 15, 2016
This is another question from my whatsapp
I what to go into O K business but I don't have any idea abt d business?
I then ask the full meaning of OK
Answer
Okirika bale
Fairly used clothes
Grade one

Advic render
It is good business
And you can make good profit on it
Used clothes are the clothes which as been used either two or three month and they later abandon, and most of the cloth are not used at all but since the own owner have seen it as old cloth, they will pack it to welfare house for used. What welfare house will do is that they will pack it and later exchange it for what less privileges need. This is where our people comes in and turn it to be reselling it to their countries, and no this that it is not only cloth they package, there are many other things they same to, such as electronic, house equipment and so on.

What are the risk in the business pls tell me d ups and downs of the business?
To me there is no risk in okirika business, that is when you but it from the right source.
And you know what; okirika is not sold as single but bag by bag.
The problem you can face is custom palaba. But you can buy it directly and pay your custom duty. And the things there is that most of the okirika are new which was package with the old stuff.
You can either buy if from china, or US or cotonu. And know this most of the people selling it in cotonu are also getting it from either US, China, UK and other country, which you also can start the same importation and be selling it the same way.
The questionnaire later ask again that
Abt from this okirika if one want be making money how do you go aboutt it.
I mean online with registration
When there is no problem in registering online. If you have the website like ebay, alibaba, used cloth and so on. Then signup with them and use your master or visa card to pay or western union, but I advice you that instead of using western union let your bank do the work for you.
Thanks and God bless
Whatsapp or call +2348036056564

1 Like

Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2016
Someone ask question on whatspp that he would like to start importing of some goods Europe to Nigeria but don't have a specific goods to start with and how to go about it, though have received many suggestions like Importation of baby pampas, Okporoko, wine etc but please i need you to advise me. Thanks

Advice
He was asked several questions and his answers are as follows
Question:- Am asking you that, where in Nigeria do you want to export to?
Answer:- Lagos, thanks
Then I told him to start exporting phone materials
Later he reply me that Because of its large marketing capacity.
And I ask him again Where in europe are you for the export?
His reply is: Am presently in Budapest, Hungary but i can easily travel to any other European countries, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Belgium etc
Then my reply to him is that he should get things like used laptop or used materials.
And that explain what he want and he satisfy his need.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 15, 2016
Good afternoon coach, I have passion for cosmetic business ( beauty products like makeup and fragrance) but I don't know how to go about it. Also I will like to know which location is best for it (I.e street or inside market) cos I stay close to Trade fair market.
Tnx
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
enkay27:
Good afternoon coach, I have passion for cosmetic business ( beauty products like makeup and fragrance) but I don't know how to go about it. Also I will like to know which location is best for it (I.e street or inside market) cos I stay close to Trade fair market.
Tnx
Cosmetic business is a reasonable business that you need little knowledge on it. And is also a business you can start with little capital, that is when you know the production process.
If you do not know anything about it, you can be train for it from people who knows how to do it. Which you can find within your jurisdiction.
You can sell your product to salon, cosmetic shop, market place, friends, relatives and people around you.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
From whatsapp
I want to learn about agric business, more of poultry business?
Advice
Don't rush into it, even if you have the money. And poultry business is good, but you need to have little knowledge of it, or else you will loose.
The person was ask Which poultry business do you want to do?
He answers that Poultry birds, with others
What you need to start are
You need a land
At least half plot of land
Furniture work on the land
You will need saw dust
You need knowledge in the feeding and treatment.
The location does not matter, You can start anywhere.
You can start from day old chicks or 3weeks chicks, But I will advice you to go for layers fowls.
The eggs will be for feeding and the fowl will be your profit,
What I mean is that when the fowls laying egg and you sold it, the money is for the feeding of the fowl and when you wish to sell the fowl itself and amount you sell it will be your profit. But broilers fowls is for just three months to feed them and sell it.
When you buy them at day old, you will only feed them for just three months before you start selling them.
There is market everywhere if it ready.
While cockerel fowl take long month for almost 8months for feeding before selling.
Yeah, the market is everywhere, as am talking Mr. Biggs are looking for such market,
For startup, maybe you can start with two carton. And each carton contain at least 50pieces of chic. And each carton cost almost 10500 naira. And the one that is most dangerous to takecare of is the broilers.
Leave a feedback if you like this article.

1 Like

Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 11:29am On Jan 22, 2016
There is many business you can start without or with little capital at hand.
But there are many conditions that you will not start business and if you start the business you may blame yourself for doing it.
Don't start business you do not understand.
Do not start business because others are doing it.
Do not start business because you want extra income.
Do not borrow to start any business.
Do not start business because you are not satisfy with your current situation.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 7:39am On Jan 23, 2016
If you do not make it this year then you are the causes.
Don't be a lazy person find something to do and do it well.
There is noway you can not start business, start from where you are is the best action to your wealth.
Do not wait until you huge amount of money, use the one at hand to start it right now.
Learn how to plan in business, is the only way forward to your goal.

1 Like

Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by websuccess(m): 12:18am On Jan 24, 2016
I want to start a viewing center business, what are the requirement, challenges and profitability to look at for?

Thanks in advance.

And also what I can do in ICT using my knowledge.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by palibc: 10:52am On Jan 24, 2016
Good coach, God will reward you for what you are doing for us...

please, I am a speaker and I am working on a book version of a topic I have developed which has to do with business / entrepreneurship. at a point, I also thought of recording it as mp3 because that is cheap. but my fear is, can someone really make money with books/mp3 sales in Nigeria as it is done in other big nation?
please your candid advise is needed because it is the only venture I am looking at this year and you will be helping a brother to get out of confusion.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
websuccess:
I want to start a viewing center business, what are the requirement, challenges and profitability to look at for?

Thanks in advance.

And also what I can do in ICT using my knowledge.

Starting a view center business is good, and it does not need too much cost or work.
You will definitely make your daily income on it, especially in football area. Because location is not a bearer, so far football fan is in the place where you are. But I will advice you to join soft drinks to it, because some of the people watching will still come for it.
The requirement is not much. What you need are as follows:-
At least 2 32inches TV sets
A decoder like DSTV, CONSAT, Strong TV and so on
A full subscription
Place to contain at least 50people at a time
A fridge for your soft drink
A standby generator.
Chairs of at least 50people.
The challenge you can face is when people did not come or when there is rain and signal lost. Also electricity problem. Because the more you see people the more you see your subscription money, electricity bill and center bill.

On your knowledge, you didn't tell me the knowledge you have in ICT for me to advice you on it. Be specific so that I can answer you in time.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
I am very very confused here,because you said if one must go into business,it should be for passion.now the only thing i have passion for is computer repair and general IT support.someone told me its no longer in vogue that i should go for either programming or software development.since i have no passion for the suggested ones,how can i turn the one i have passion for into a lucrative business in Abuja?good job you are doing on nairaland
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by websuccess(m): 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
aniseamos:

On your knowledge, you didn't tell me the knowledge you have in ICT for me to advice you on it. Be specific so that I can answer you in time.

Sales, repair, maintenance of Computer (laptop & PC), training of basic computer usage, installation of intercoms and CCTV, web design, computer product supplier, etc.

But all is just an entry level. Wants to do certification but no cash. Thanks again.
Re: Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment by aniseamos(m): 5:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
palibc:
Good coach, God will reward you for what you are doing for us...

please, I am a speaker and I am working on a book version of a topic I have developed which has to do with business / entrepreneurship. at a point, I also thought of recording it as mp3 because that is cheap. but my fear is, can someone really make money with books/mp3 sales in Nigeria as it is done in other big nation?
please your candid advise is needed because it is the only venture I am looking at this year and you will be helping a brother to get out of confusion.
you can make it big. even if Nigeria people did not buy it international people will come for it.
so don't dispute your goals. you must make it big this year. go on with the production, market it in amazon, eBay, Nigeria papers and forum like this. and even where seminars are being host. any area you have challenges let me know and I will surely help you out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

African Development Bank Launches $464 Million Kangaroo Social Bond / 5 Return Policies You Should Know When Shopping Online / Start A Perfume Oil Business With 20k Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.