Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

What Women Really Want From Men. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Women Really Want From Men. (5174 Views)

Any Man Who Thinks All Women Want From Men Is Money, Has Low Self Esteem. / 10 Deep Questions To Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone / What Women Really Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2016
A woman really doesn’t want much from a man. There are really only eight things – eight qualities that she’s looking for in a life partner. Although these qualities are hard to find, they are qualities of which every man is capable. These seven things are not out of any man’s reach, yet the fact is that most lack at least one.

Now, you may like to argue that no one is perfect and therefore no one has all seven of these qualities, but that’s just not true. There are plenty of men out there who are sufficient in each of these categories, not perfectly, but sufficient enough to make a woman incredibly happy. That’s all that matters!

1. Honesty – but not too much of it.
A woman doesn’t want a man to lie to her about important matters. She wants to be an important part of his life – the most important part, in fact. She wants to know the things that are going on his life and she wants him to have trust in her. As far as she is concerned, they are one – his life is her life.

She wants him to want to share in his pleasant experiences and memories. She also doesn’t want him to feel that he has to lie. On the other hand, she doesn’t want the truth in all circumstances. Brutal honesty isn’t wanted. cheesy

If she asks, she looks great, she looks beautiful, the fact she gained 15 pounds doesn’t bother you, her new haircut makes her look even cuter. Now that I think about it, the only thing you should really lie is about such shallow matters as appearances. We all look like sh*t sometimes – but she doesn’t need to hear you say it. wink

2. Be strict with her at times. She needs to know you are in control not her.
When it comes to choice making for her, she realy want you to be strict. I mean you cant just allow her to go anywhere, wear anything, walk with anybody or do anyhow. Many women have even taken some men's gentleness for granted.

She really wanna see the hard and angry part of you in a caring way. With that, she can feel secure of not misbehaving while you are away. Leaving her with the fear of her knowing what you will do wen she misbehaves is enough.

3. Understanding – so that she doesn’t feel the need to have to explain herself.
She wants you to know her – inside and out. Why? Because only then will you love her for her. We all sometimes need confirmation that we’re worth loving. The real us – not the people others perceive us to be. We may not all need such a confirmation of our value, but we all want it. But it’s more than just that.

Having someone understand you is having someone completely know you for the person that you really are. There’s no confusion, there’s no misunderstanding or misconception. They know you for you and because they know you for the person you really are, you, in a sense, exist outside of yourself. As long as they live on, so do you.

4. Caring – she needs to know she matters to you.
To be cared for means not to be alone in this life. Most people are forced to care for themselves and the truth is that it’s a lot more difficult than people let on. As human beings, we aren’t always in the right mindset to care for ourselves. To top it off, that’s usually exactly when we need the most caring – when we aren’t mentally or physically capable of doing it ourselves.

She wants you to be there for her when she needs someone, to be there to share her burden. I know it sounds ridiculous, but she wants you to make her life a little easier. Craziness – I know. On the upside, she’ll be there for you when no one else will.

5. Strength – both mental and physical.
No woman wants a physical weakling – it’s against her nature. That doesn’t mean she won’t settle for slightly less than Herculean, but you’re a man dammit. She wants to feel that when she’s in your presence. She wants you to be intelligent and to practice self-control simply because you can.

We’re all still animals and women will always be attracted to the stronger men. She wants you to be strong not for the sake of being strong – she wants you to be strong for her. It brings her pleasure, makes her feel safe and turns her on. Do you honestly need more convincing?
No, i dont think so.

6. Compassion – shows her you’re capable of loving.
A woman doesn’t only want a man to have love only for her, but a love for life, for living things. She wants a kind man, a man whom others will look up to, appreciate and admire. She wants a good man.

She doesn’t see being good and compassionate as a weakness. And that’s because it’s not. I know lots of men are taught that to be strong you have to be hateful, spiteful and malicious. That’s very unfortunate, but it’s simply the world we live in. She doesn’t need that. You don’t need that either. No one does.

7. Security – financial and literal.
You don’t need to be a millionaire. Well, for some women, you very well may need to be, but hopefully you’ll only end up with one who admires the traits required for turning oneself into a millionaire and not the money alone. Generally speaking, the right woman will love you for you, but she does need you to make her feel secure.

She wants to feel that you will protect her from physical harm. She wants to know that you’ll keep her safe, healthy and comfortable. Does she need you to keep her safe? To bring home the bread? No. But she’d like you to be capable of it – even if her salary is bigger than yours. She’ll have your back too so you can rest easier as well.

8. Blind Loyalty – she wants to be the only woman he has eyes for.
We all have big egos – men and women alike. We want to feel special. We want to feel unique and better than the rest. We’re competitive by nature and there is no getting around it. Women want a man who sees the world in her. Her and only her.

She knows she’s not the most beautiful or smartest woman in the world, but she doesn’t need to be – she’s not delusional. She just wants you to think – know – that she’s the most beautiful, best woman in the world for you.

She needs you to think she is the best thing that ever happened to you. She wants to be the best and she wants a man who will allot her that title.

source: http://datingyouths..com

1 Like

Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Monalisa185(f): 11:52am On Jan 06, 2016
just remind me when you became a woman. .ehhh?
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 06, 2016
Op, who told you undecided
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 11:57am On Jan 06, 2016
Monalisa185:
just remind me when you became a woman. .ehhh?
ion get it? undecided
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 06, 2016
donTbone:
A woman really doesn’t want much from a man. There are really only eight things – eight qualities that she’s looking for in a life partner. Although these qualities are hard to find, they are qualities of which every man is capable. These seven things are not out of any man’s reach, yet the fact is that most lack at least one.

Now, you may like to argue that no one is perfect and therefore no one has all seven of these qualities, but that’s just not true. There are plenty of men out there who are sufficient in each of these categories, not perfectly, but sufficient enough to make a woman incredibly happy. That’s all that matters!

1. Honesty – but not too much of it.
A woman doesn’t want a man to lie to her about important matters. She wants to be an important part of his life – the most important part, in fact. She wants to know the things that are going on his life and she wants him to have trust in her. As far as she is concerned, they are one – his life is her life.

She wants him to want to share in his pleasant experiences and memories. She also doesn’t want him to feel that he has to lie. On the other hand, she doesn’t want the truth in all circumstances. Brutal honesty isn’t wanted. cheesy

If she asks, she looks great, she looks beautiful, the fact she gained 15 pounds doesn’t bother you, her new haircut makes her look even cuter. Now that I think about it, the only thing you should really lie is about such shallow matters as appearances. We all look like sh*t sometimes – but she doesn’t need to hear you say it. wink

2. Be strict with her at times. She needs to know you are in control not her.
When it comes to choice making for her, she realy want you to be strict. I mean you cant just allow her to go anywhere, wear anything, walk with anybody or do anyhow. Many women have even taken some men's gentleness for granted.

She really wanna see the hard and angry part of you in a caring way. With that, she can feel secure of not misbehaving while you are away. Leaving her with the fear of her knowing what you will do wen she misbehaves is enough.

3. Understanding – so that she doesn’t feel the need to have to explain herself.
She wants you to know her – inside and out. Why? Because only then will you love her for her. We all sometimes need confirmation that we’re worth loving. The real us – not the people others perceive us to be. We may not all need such a confirmation of our value, but we all want it. But it’s more than just that.

Having someone understand you is having someone completely know you for the person that you really are. There’s no confusion, there’s no misunderstanding or misconception. They know you for you and because they know you for the person you really are, you, in a sense, exist outside of yourself. As long as they live on, so do you.

4. Caring – she needs to know she matters to you.
To be cared for means not to be alone in this life. Most people are forced to care for themselves and the truth is that it’s a lot more difficult than people let on. As human beings, we aren’t always in the right mindset to care for ourselves. To top it off, that’s usually exactly when we need the most caring – when we aren’t mentally or physically capable of doing it ourselves.

She wants you to be there for her when she needs someone, to be there to share her burden. I know it sounds ridiculous, but she wants you to make her life a little easier. Craziness – I know. On the upside, she’ll be there for you when no one else will.

5. Strength – both mental and physical.
No woman wants a physical weakling – it’s against her nature. That doesn’t mean she won’t settle for slightly less than Herculean, but you’re a man dammit. She wants to feel that when she’s in your presence. She wants you to be intelligent and to practice self-control simply because you can.

We’re all still animals and women will always be attracted to the stronger men. She wants you to be strong not for the sake of being strong – she wants you to be strong for her. It brings her pleasure, makes her feel safe and turns her on. Do you honestly need more convincing?
No, i dont think so.

6. Compassion – shows her you’re capable of loving.
A woman doesn’t only want a man to have love only for her, but a love for life, for living things. She wants a kind man, a man whom others will look up to, appreciate and admire. She wants a good man.

She doesn’t see being good and compassionate as a weakness. And that’s because it’s not. I know lots of men are taught that to be strong you have to be hateful, spiteful and malicious. That’s very unfortunate, but it’s simply the world we live in. She doesn’t need that. You don’t need that either. No one does.

7. Security – financial and literal.
You don’t need to be a millionaire. Well, for some women, you very well may need to be, but hopefully you’ll only end up with one who admires the traits required for turning oneself into a millionaire and not the money alone. Generally speaking, the right woman will love you for you, but she does need you to make her feel secure.

She wants to feel that you will protect her from physical harm. She wants to know that you’ll keep her safe, healthy and comfortable. Does she need you to keep her safe? To bring home the bread? No. But she’d like you to be capable of it – even if her salary is bigger than yours. She’ll have your back too so you can rest easier as well.

8. Blind Loyalty – she wants to be the only woman he has eyes for.
We all have big egos – men and women alike. We want to feel special. We want to feel unique and better than the rest. We’re competitive by nature and there is no getting around it. Women want a man who sees the world in her. Her and only her.

She knows she’s not the most beautiful or smartest woman in the world, but she doesn’t need to be – she’s not delusional. She just wants you to think – know – that she’s the most beautiful, best woman in the world for you.

She needs you to think she is the best thing that ever happened to you. She wants to be the best and she wants a man who will allot her that title.

I can't c the most important for me- the fear of God, w/o it these qualities are useless to me
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 06, 2016
on point @op but u forgot sexual satisfaction

1 Like

Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
Suigeneris93:

I can't c the most important for me- the fear of God, w/o it these qualities are useless to me
We know that comes first. God comes first in all things.

Even a call girl ready to settle down wants a God fearing man! embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Right on point op.

No more , no less cool
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
HateU2:
Op, who told you undecided
You wanna dispute my points? undecided

My granny told me! tongue
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by obiorathesubtle: 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
[size=16pt]Translation

Women want a real man, not a_bitch, mama's boy, coward with no balls between or any cock_sucking, wimpy, womanly man!
[/size]
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Right on point op.

No more , no less cool
Thanks dearie! kiss
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
donTbone:

We know that comes first. God comes first in all things.

Even a call girl ready to settle down wants a God fearing man! embarassed

If it comes first, u should have stated it. BTW how did you come abt these eight qualities 'every' lady wants in a future husband when you aren't even a woman. IMO a lady would have done a better job but that's just me, nice work anyways
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
donTbone:
Thanks dearie! kiss
you are welcome smiley
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by agarawu23(m): 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
Walai
Reality aspect, no man really knows what them (women) want. Confused set of ppl.

You can't please/satisfy them angry
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
donTbone:

You wanna dispute my points? undecided

My granny told me! tongue
Oh! Granny?
Olden days stuff lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
You can never understand women.
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
Suigeneris93:

You know there is a big difference between being Religious and being God fearing. How do you tell if a man is God fearing?
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by bqlekan(m): 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
Like you know what your girlfriend/fiancee wants.. undecided
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
Suigeneris93:

If it comes first, u should have stated it. BTW how did you come abt these eight qualities 'every' lady wants in a future husband when you aren't even a woman. IMO a lady would have done a better job but that's just me, nice work anyways
Thanks for the observation and question.

Reason is: i have more female friends than male. Most people say ama player(whatever that means)
I find it comfortable relating with them...mostly on issues of love, sex, relationships and the likes(if she wont be shy to discuss)
So, thats why i came up with the article.

Plus, most men knows what women dont know about them(am one of those men) wink

Most adult women cant even predict or calculate when their cycle will come!
To some extent, i can! lipsrsealed

Really appreciate you for the feedback!
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
bqlekan:
Like you know what your girlfriend/fiancee wants.. undecided
If i meet her already... i could predict what she wants!

Mind you, we cant be right at all times!
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
HateU2:
Oh! Granny?
Olden days stuff lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
You can never understand women.

In as much as women are more complicated than men, they can be understood.
Having the mentality of "i cant understand a woman" will be risky in marriage.

Did you know that some women conclude that you know what they want without
telling you...which shouldnt be. Getting to know what they are matters a lot
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Decker:

You know there is a big difference between a Christian and a God fearing man. How do you tell if a man is God fearing?

A God fearing man: 1st priority is to do things pleasing to God.
Second priority is to do the same to his wife.
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
donTbone:

Thanks for the observation and question.

Reason is: i have more female friends than male. Most people say ama player(whatever that means)
I find it comfortable relating with them...mostly on issues of love, sex, relationships and the likes(if she wont be shy to discuss)
So, thats why i came up with the article.

Plus, most men knows what women dont know about them(am one of those men) wink

Most adult women cant even predict or calculate when their cycle will come!
To some extent, i can! lipsrsealed

Really appreciate you for the feedback!

Okay cool, you're welcome
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
Gbam!

donTbone:

A God fearing man: 1st priority is to do things pleasing to God.
Second priority is to do the same to his wife.
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by bqlekan(m): 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
donTbone:

If i meet her already... i could predict what she wants!

Mind you, we cant be right at all times!
don't you understand my brother, they want you to be a superhuman, more like Jesus (PBUH), whether you predict or not, you can't satisfy them
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
bqlekan:
don't you understand my brother, they want you to be a superhuman, more like Jesus (PBUH), whether you predict or not, you can't satisfy them
Yes... we cant satisfy them... that is why we are created for each other...
Thats is why we are human....

But i'd say... in the midst of un-satisfaction in women, their husband is still the best thing they have(not in all cases though)
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2016
You Missed some Crucial Points...undecided

1 Like

Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by bqlekan(m): 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
donTbone:

Yes... we cant satisfy them... that is why we are created for each other...
Thats is why we are human....

But i'd say... in the midst of un-satisfaction in women, their husband is still the best thing they 'have(not in all cases though)
Good you added 'not in all cases' and you don't know if a paticular thing is the best until you've tasted all. It's more like admitting/hoping/believing it's the best...

Contentment is the most important aspect of a relationship...
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
#2 has errors:
***/He's in control?
No this is not a dictarorship,being her man.This is a partnership.You need to consult with your partner.
***/You want to put the fear of how you're gonna punish in her?
That's not something you wanna do.
You want here afriad of you,you want her scared to come to you when she messes up?
You want her to be truthful with you,you need to make her feel she can be and not fearful of your rath.
***/If she misbehaves your gonna punish her,are you her Daddy?
Ya'll need to work through issues like 2 mature adults.Talk,decided on some dos's and don'ts.For the both of you not just her.

1 Like

Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Estharfabian:

Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by zicoraads: 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
Estharfabian:

Hmmm embarassed
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by donTbone(m): 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
QueenValerie:
#2 has errors,
***/He's in control?
No this is not a dictarorship,being her man.
***/You want to put the fear of how you're gonna punish in her?
that's not something you wanna do.
You want here afriad of you,you want her scared to come to you when she messes up?
You want her to be truthful with you,you need to make her feel she can be and not fearful of your rath.
***/If she misbehaves your gonna punish her,are you her Daddy?
Ya'll need to work through issues like 2 mature adults.

I quote my self again...

[b]She really wanna see the hard and angry part of you in a CARING WAY

If he wont act like the dad, then why marry her.
Afterall, dad is always looking out to her, scold her for doing bad then beg her
to show love.

Diff in the scolding is not beating.
Hope i made a lil sense there?
Re: What Women Really Want From Men. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
donTbone:

I quote my self again...

She really wanna see the hard and angry part of you in a CARING WAY

If he wont act like the dad, then why marry her.
Afterall, dad is always looking out to her, scold her for doing bad then beg her
to show love.

Diff in the scolding is not beating.
Hope i made a lil sense there?
Yes,I saw you said in a caring way but what you named as caring isn't.Dictating what she can wear,go,do,and do it with,is gonna irritate her(well it would me)They'd have to decided on these things together,he can't be issuing demands,and command she meet them.Does he want the relationship to last. But op your other points where good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Relationships Pointless? / Should I Insert Cucumber Or _dildo In My Clean Pussy? / Things You Should Never Do While Having Sex (take Note Of No. 8 More)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.