Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) (61310 Views)

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures / Welcome To Akure City (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by gidikay: 10:40am On Jan 07, 2016
abimbawealth:

Hahahahahaha...not quite far from Soun's palace, right?

Dis ur comments shows u r truly bitter having seen ibadan to av grown and developed to this level.

Do you understand that even with brown roofs, ur whole states still didn't match up with ibadan.

When ibadan was using brown Zinc in d 1700s wia was ur state or even all d state in ur region? can u pls show it to d world? I know there wasn't any structure on ground den.

Ibadan has never been in category with all ur region and will still never be.
Ibadan is so big dat with just 30% of d developed part covers d whole of d developed part of ur entire state.

Ur ppl r here in millions, u can ask dem.

Now to d pix, if the full pix of dat road is uploaded or d night pix when govt switches on d street light, all I expect from u is to dye.

If u doubt dat pix, dis is all I av to say: take a bus or a plane or a cab from anywhere in d world, tell dem u r going to ibadan. when u get to ibadan, ask ppl around there dat u want to connect challenge from iwo road - toll gate interchange. Immediately u descend dat road, these r d things u will see: dis Nissan showroom, Adin international school, total gas plant, yinka Ayefele music house, independent filling station, Mobil filling station, Iye hospital, Falana shopping complex and u get to efunsetan round about.

on the other side of d road becos dat road is a 6-lane dualised road. I know u r surprised I said 6-lanes, yes it is and I hope u don't dye by hearing dat. on d other side, u av one haulage company av forgotten d name but it starts with letter H with blue colour, u av a new filling station, u av avian farms junction, Conoil, Total filling station owned by SAO(d national president and chairman of NUPENG, yes he's an ibadan idigine), u av ROM OIL first plant in ibadan before dey built d one at alomaja ibadan, and u get to efunsetan round about.

Pls i challenge u to come with ur camera to snap dis area, post dem on here and if they r nt wot I said and also showing dat Nissan showroom, den I'm a baastard but they r, pls stop d hate for ibadan becos ibadan is no mate of ur entire state as far as Nigeria is concerned, the only states dat can rival ibadan in terms of development, growth, industries, multinational presence, federal government presence are Lagos, Abuja, kano, Rivers and Ogun. any other u mention can't stand ibadan.

WHAT helped ibadan: Ibadan used to be d capital of old western region therefore papa Awolowo built dis city.
The advantage is almost wot all dis states r building and putting their money on had already been built by Awolowo and when dis regional government was cancelled, Oyo State inherited all dis property and structures. If u want me to start naming dem, I would becos they physical and facts on ground.

The only pix dat isn't ibadan is d lautec senate building but still Oyo state... Just a pix.

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by lexyclasy: 10:53am On Jan 07, 2016
playboy19:

Now let me address you people's ignorance once a for all. First off, i'm not an indigence of ibadan but, i own properties all over the city.

It is always surprising to see how ignorant you guys are about ibadan and worse off, is the fact that you pride yourselves in it. One will believe that if you are ignorant about a subject, the best thing will be to seek knowledge, but thats not the case with you dolts. You always think you're poking fun at ibadan but what you are really doing is, telling the whole world that you're an idiiot.

The brown/red roof part you always point to as ibadan is actually the core ancient part of ibadan city which is what some people call their home town/rural home/village whichever you choose to use. Now next time before you make fun of this part of Ibadan, please do us all a favor by first posting what your village look like and compare it to that part of ibadan and let's see who turn out to be a joke in the end.

Majority of you cant even go back to your villages, let alone sleep in all those mud houses they are made of. What am i even saying? Are there pliable roads to your villages? Before any of you quote me, make sure you're quoting this post with the picture proof of your village or forever hold your peace.
Must you insult people by trying to prove a point.....you end up saying nothing and cant make anything meaningful either
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by lexyclasy: 11:24am On Jan 07, 2016
gidikay:

Dis ur comments shows u r truly bitter having seen ibadan to av grown and developed to this level.

Do you understand that even with brown roofs, ur whole states still didn't match up with ibadan.

When ibadan was using brown Zinc in d 1700s wia was ur state or even all d state in ur region? can u pls show it to d world? I know there wasn't any structure on ground den.

Ibadan is so big dat with just 30% of d developed part covers d whole of d developed part of ur entire state.

Now to d pix, if the full pix of dat road is uploaded or d night pix when govt switches on d street light, all I expect from u is to dye.

If u doubt dat pix, dis is all I av to say: take a bus or a plane or a cab from anywhere in d world, tell dem u r going to ibadan. when u get to ibadan, ask ppl around there dat u want to connect challenge from iwo road - toll gate interchange. Immediately u descend dat road, these r d things u will see: dis Nissan showroom, Adin international school, total gas plant, yinka Ayefele music house, independent filling station, Mobil filling station, Iye hospital, Falana shopping complex and u get to efunsetan round about.

on the other side of d road becos dat road is a 6-lane dualised road. I know u r surprised I said 6-lanes, yes it is and I hope u don't dye by hearing dat. on d other side, u av one haulage company av forgotten d name but it starts with letter H with blue colour, u av a new filling station, u av avian farms junction, Conoil, Total filling station owned by SAO(d national president and chairman of NUPENG, yes he's an ibadan idigine), u av ROM OIL first plant in ibadan before dey built d one at alomaja ibadan, and u get to efunsetan round about.

Pls i challenge u to come with ur camera to snap dis area, post dem on here and if they r nt wot I said and also showing dat Nissan showroom, den I'm a baastard but they r, pls stop d hate for ibadan becos ibadan is no mate of ur entire state as far as Nigeria is concerned, the only states dat can rival ibadan in terms of development, growth, industries, multinational presence, federal government presence are Lagos, Abuja, kano, Rivers and Ogun. any other u mention can't stand ibadan.

WHAT helped ibadan: Ibadan used to be d capital of old western region therefore papa Awolowo built dis city.
The advantage is almost wot all dis states r building and putting their money on had already been built by Awolowo and when dis regional government was cancelled, Oyo State inherited all dis property and structures. If u want me to start naming dem, I would becos they physical and facts on ground.

The only pix dat isn't ibadan is d lautec senate building but still Oyo state... Just a pix.
Who release this one.....stop living on past glories get to the realities of your dispensation we are talking about 21st century here.....if you people want to create that aspect of Ibadan a museum then it better be stop spewing thrash here or better go and educate your bum washers ok....if we are here to talk about heritage then i wander what London, Greece, Rome, Jerusalem and Syria should look like stop being archaic even the biblical nations develop with modern trends....stop using those nightmares you call houses as reasons for your insult......even after war east far regroup and strategized more than any tribe...in ABIA alone villages like Abiriba , ohafia, got better buildings with heritage that can stand a test of time than those rickets you call houses.....or you want me to name cities in the east that are not state capitals...maybe you don't know places called ONITSHA, ABA, NNEWI, EKULOBIA,NSUKA, ABOH MBAISE, and so on so stop being a local champion......and be constructive in your criticism
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by breakeven: 11:36am On Jan 07, 2016
Fototrick. No be Ibadan wey i know?. The dirtiest city in Africa.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by gidikay: 11:42am On Jan 07, 2016
lexyclasy:
Who release this one.....stop living on past glories get to the realities of your dispensation we are talking about 21st century here.....if you people want to create that aspect of Ibadan a museum then it better be stop spewing thrash here or better go and educate your bum washers ok....if we are here to talk about heritage then i wander what London, Greece, Rome, Jerusalem and Syria should look like stop being archaic even the biblical nations develop with modern trends....stop using those nightmares you call houses as reasons for your insult......even after war east far regroup and strategized more than any tribe...in ABIA alone villages like Abiriba , ohafia, got better buildings with heritage that can stand a test of time than those rickets you call houses.....or you want me to name cities in the east that are not state capitals...maybe you don't know places called ONITSHA, ABA, NNEWI, EKULOBIA,NSUKA, ABOH MBAISE, and so on so stop being a local champion......and be constructive in your criticism

Lol, always trying to chest beat. What is d total land mass of d East compared to d West? Google is ur friend.

How many NNEWI, will u get from ibadan? what r d ranks of all dis places u mention as cities in West Africa and what is d position of ibadan? This isn't old glory but present one. Yeah I don't dispute d fact dat u ppl av built ur place over and over without d help of anybody but d fact still remains dat Ibadan as a city is way bigger Dan dos cities u mentioned... ibadan is large and still developing.

We even help train ur ppl due to dis one nigeria shit. Do u know d total number of south easterners ppl in oyo state government public schools? do u know ow many r catered for? ow many westerners r in ur state public schools? Anambra and Oyo state collect almost almost d same allocation. In d most remote places in nigeria, u would find d ibos contributing nothing to d economy of dat state, dey would still compete to use d same state public facility(schools, hospitals, roads, water, housing etc) put down by byd state govt for For d indigenes yet dey would still be an ingrate wen dey r already made. should we spend more on ur ppl why ur ppl don't reciprocate? why shld we still help pay ur ppls waec wen u r all ingrate? ow many westerners waec do u pay? And this is is d same case everywhere in nigeria except for their region.

d point I wanna make is, 90% of dos ur so called idigine dat r building ur region got dat training and money outside ur region. Dis is a fact and u ppl r d most beneficiary of one nigeria.

Name 10 Successful easterners dat didn't av one or two training or favour outside ur region? And I will give u 10 successful westerners dat didn't touch d East at all to succeed.

Why do u ur ppl keep coming here for better life?
I will give u 5 addresses of shops at iwo road dat d occupiers relocated from Maiduguri. Why didn't dey relocate directly to their East lands? Ow many westerners relocated to the east from Maiduguri?

Name d owners of dos properties in dis cities u mentioned and wia dey got their money from if 80% of it do not come from outside ur region.
Bro, ibadan is large, ur ppl r here in their millions, ask dem and dey will answer u. pls stop quoting me.

Sorry for derailing.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by piperson(m): 12:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
all the fotos there are places in ibadan...locations are iwo road, dugbe, agodi, bodija, round about etc.. I'm a bayelsa but ibadan is in d blood.. #ibile la won eleyi cool

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by piperson(m): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
princeofpeace22:
IPhone 6 pix .
Where are those red zincs?
all the fotos there are places in ibadan...locations are iworoad, dugbe, agodi, bodija, round about etc.. I'm a bayelsa but ibadan is in d blood.. #ibile la won eleyi

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by extinctbeauty(f): 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
McLove:
Political sentiments apart. Ah be confirm IBADAN indigene. Ib city is not as bad as you people paint it. But op, some of the pictures here are not IB city. If you want to prove me wrong, tell us the location of each picture.
Thank you
its a pity that an indigene like you doesn't know your town, i've been shuttling ibadan and Lagos since november and i know virtually all of these places. Don't just grab ur phone to comment,please try and make alittle sense
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by adexdon(m): 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
breakeven:
Fototrick. No be Ibadan wey i know?. The dirtiest city in Africa.

wake up from ur dream....Ibadan is beta Dan before
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Beetee1(m): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
Guy u are a fulk! if not anything i can still identify one, that of Tipper garage B/stop to Ketu garage along ikorodu road. Must u lie to justify ur caption. Ibadan is synonymous with Red Zinc and non is available here, has Banana island been moved to ibadan.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by cutiesoglam(f): 2:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
chesterlee:
This Op carry hotel pictures dey bobo us.

Name this IB I know jare....

EVERY CITY OF THE WORLD HAS ITS SLUM ......................STOP BEING JUGDEMENTAL............. #sMH#..... THOSE PIXS R FOR REAL. THERE R NEW ESTATES , 5 STAR HOTELS AND NICE HANGOUTS, MALLS THERE NOW...................
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by wadetaw202: 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
abimbawealth:

When next you feel like quoting someone, think, think and have a rethink, cos not everything you see is as it seems...you just replied me like one of the peeps you assume me to be...

Now, read my initial post once again...

WE DON'T TALK LIKE THIS!!!

Abeg, I no get your time
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by awo666(m): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
Dos foolish akpu good for notin ibos hav started criticising again. well u people should tell me any ibo city dat s as develop as d oluyole city #ibadan
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by macof(m): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
hope say no be for this God blessed Ibadan you dey worship that your nonsense ogunu

Wat pit did u crawl out from?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by abimbawealth(f): 1:18am On Jan 08, 2016
wadetaw202:

Abeg, I no get your time
Smh... when you do, holla tongue
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by wiloy2k8(m): 2:00am On Jan 08, 2016
No red roofs ,
been to ibadan several times .
The carlton gate hotel . Enjoyed my stay dere
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by abimbawealth(f): 9:50am On Jan 08, 2016
gidikay:

This epistle... just for me Bros, d truth is what i said earlier, d op showed us d beautiful ibadan only...
Also, where you described (challenge) is just #50 cab to where i was born, nurtured... infact, come along with camera with the best resolution to my area, o ma ye yin nigbayen

#IbadanAndProud
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by opey25(m): 12:05pm On Jan 08, 2016
abimbawealth:

This epistle... just for me Bros, d truth is what i said earlier, d op showed us d beautiful ibadan only...
Also, where you described (challenge) is just #50 cab to where i was born, nurtured... infact, come along with camera with the best resolution to my area, o ma ye yin nigbayen

#IbadanAndProud
why must he show you the dirty parts? how many times have you seen the slums of new york,johannesburg and other developed cities shown on TV. Nairaland has lots of foreigners has members, dont let us portray Nigera has a country with dirty and rough cities.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by wadetaw202: 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
abimbawealth:

Smh... when you do, holla tongue

Your comments make no sense, that's it. Sounded more like your mind is confused.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by abimbawealth(f): 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
wadetaw202:

Your comments make no sense, that's it. Sounded more like your mind is confused.
Sorry ehn...pele
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by abimbawealth(f): 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2016
opey25:
why must he show you the dirty parts? how many times have you seen the slums of new york,johannesburg and other developed cities shown on TV. Nairaland has lots of foreigners has members, dont let us portray Nigera has a country with dirty and rough cities.
Why can't he show us? Ib is made up both the fine and the not so fine areas, so, why is it a taboo to show not so fine areas, why must we hide? Why can't we be real for once and leave viewers to think whatever they like. I hope you know that not showing these areas doesn't mean they don't exist, so, who are we deceiving? Who are we trying to impress?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by wadetaw202: 6:56am On Jan 10, 2016
abimbawealth:

Sorry ehn...pele

Sorry for yourself o...Pele join

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by abimbawealth(f): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
wadetaw202:

Sorry for yourself o...Pele join
You like wahala sha...happy Sunday tho
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by wadetaw202: 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
abimbawealth:

You like wahala sha...happy Sunday tho

Lolz...same to u

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Demolavoices(m): 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
airmark:

Where are you livin in ib?. I know of many people that were born many years living in ibadan but yet they no very little about the posh areas in ib. It's not about living in ib, there are many living in koloko area, yet they never know there's a place where you can't buy a plot of land less than 150m in the city.

Sorry pls, did u mean dat same koloko in Ibadan?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by mandarin: 11:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
gidikay:

Lol, always trying to chest beat. What is d total land mass of d East compared to d West? Google is ur friend.

How many NNEWI, will u get from ibadan? what r d ranks of all dis places u mention as cities in West Africa and what is d position of ibadan? This isn't old glory but present one. Yeah I don't dispute d fact dat u ppl av built ur place over and over without d help of anybody but d fact still remains dat Ibadan as a city is way bigger Dan dos cities u mentioned... ibadan is large and still developing.

We even help train ur ppl due to dis one nigeria shit. Do u know d total number of south easterners ppl in oyo state government public schools? do u know ow many r catered for? ow many westerners r in ur state public schools? Anambra and Oyo state collect almost almost d same allocation. In d most remote places in nigeria, u would find d ibos contributing nothing to d economy of dat state, dey would still compete to use d same state public facility(schools, hospitals, roads, water, housing etc) put down by byd state govt for For d indigenes yet dey would still be an ingrate wen dey r already made. should we spend more on ur ppl why ur ppl don't reciprocate? why shld we still help pay ur ppls waec wen u r all ingrate? ow many westerners waec do u pay? And this is is d same case everywhere in nigeria except for their region.

d point I wanna make is, 90% of dos ur so called idigine dat r building ur region got dat training and money outside ur region. Dis is a fact and u ppl r d most beneficiary of one nigeria.

Name 10 Successful easterners dat didn't av one or two training or favour outside ur region? And I will give u 10 successful westerners dat didn't touch d East at all to succeed.

Why do u ur ppl keep coming here for better life?
I will give u 5 addresses of shops at iwo road dat d occupiers relocated from Maiduguri. Why didn't dey relocate directly to their East lands? Ow many westerners relocated to the east from Maiduguri?

Name d owners of dos properties in dis cities u mentioned and wia dey got their money from if 80% of it do not come from outside ur region.
Bro, ibadan is large, ur ppl r here in their millions, ask dem and dey will answer u. pls stop quoting me.

Sorry for derailing.

You are certainly annoyed, sorry and don't let anyone work you up.

I've been privileged to visit various regions of Nigeria and the last time I went around Ibadan, I was really surprised as to the extent of developments there.

Ibadan can accommodate many state capital due to its size. The city I can describe in three sections; first, the pre colonial areas many of which are the much talked about brown roofs, yes, brown roofs, narrow roads and ancient structures some are over a century and half old.You pay to see such in London and Italy but condemn same in your country, aren't you belittling your own?
Second, the post colonial Ibadan where you see touches of colonialism and designs.Those areas are not easily seen by those passing through to Lagos do you will need to visit to see all that.
Third, the urban Ibadan where you see another city with whatever you can think about.
Many of you that go to show lots of private house you know I just laugh at u and realize many of u are children of late 80s and maybe 90s. When you go through the Oluyole extension for like 15 to 20kilometers inward, there are many fine houses. Nobody even talked about areas around old ife road, Adegbayi side, Olooru, etc. Ibadan's population should be over 4million and it should be the 3rd most populated city in Nigeria and third most industrialized city with may be also the 3rd largest GDP and blessed with metropolitan land area that even Kano doesn't have, I think younger people should look in the direction of that city because its one if the future of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / Danfo Bus That Has TV Inside (Photos) / Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.