Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) (61416 Views)

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures / Welcome To Akure City (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Bekwarra(m): 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
MXrep:

Dats Abakpa, Enugus ghetto, everywhere has ghetto, but ibadan problem is that it seems like the ghetto covers 90% of the city. enugu's ghetto are isolated and away from the city and not large. see Enugus skyline and compare with that of Ibadan
90% of the City indeed. How many areas have you been to in Ibadan? You people will just be yearning dust.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Dbisector(m): 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2016
airmark:

Where are you livin in ib?. I know of many people that were born many years living in ibadan but yet they no very little about the posh areas in ib. It's not about living in ib, there are many living in koloko area, yet they never know there's a place where you can't buy a plot of land less than 150m in the city.
no argument bro but not all those pix are real about Ib
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by ksstroud: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
abimbawealth:

You too...saw a place u mentioned YOACO tongue

grin YOACO... Yussuf Olawale Akanni &Company

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by omololu2020(m): 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
otosa:
yeah, Some are Lag pics.
can you tell me where the pic you are talking about is located in lag?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nyaknor(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
No be so Ib Behind reach jawe... Those hotels and sort centers try but dats just small place for few people...Nice foto work.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
okay cool. As gregarious as you are i think it will be vital if we could meet up at any rendezvous of your choice. What do you think?
Lol, I don't really know much places here. But I've been to Ventura Mall/ Latitude.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by IbadanCity: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
So many lovely places in the red roof city... Nice pictures! How about these? grin

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

so u live in Ibadan?
Nope, I just got here for 'something '
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by fagbemiakintayo(m): 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
Abeg picture 5&18 no be ibadan...tell me d place. Ibadan has just to fly over and that is Molete and Mokola
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
LaDivva:

Lol, I don't really know much places here. But I've been to Ventura Mall/ Latitude.
okay fine. Maybe we'd go there and share some fun. How may i contact you? How about whatsapp?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by eminent007(m): 11:06pm On Jan 06, 2016
icon8:

I know for a fact that the round-shaped structure in one of the pictures is the Senate Building in LAUTECH, Ogbomosho.

Cc: Aigbofa

Thank you bros. I be think say na only me see am sha. Haba!!!!! Nigerians have been lying since before creation.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by gidikay: 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
fagbemiakintayo:
Abeg picture 5&18 no be ibadan...tell me d place. Ibadan has just to fly over and that is Molete and Mokola

Boosh boi, which village do u come from?
and pls stop raising false alarm.

The only pix dats not ibadan is just d one one Lauthec senate building... Dats all.

Now let me answer u:

If I may ask, do u even know d meaning of fly over?

pix 5: is d fly over dat comes from Oyo state Govt house dat enters oyo state govt secretariat agodi ibadan, it landed directly inside d secretariat.

pix 6: these r 2 fly overs and interchange that connect u to challenge, new garage, lagos. This is the interchange u see wen coming from lagos immediately after the toll gate.

Pix 17: is the same thing as pix 5, just dat dis is a ground and close up pix unlike d Aerial it's in pix 5.

now add dis 3 fly over to claim of only 2, wot do u get?

now immediately, leave dis toll gate fly over, before u get to iwo road, u will meet another 3 fly overs on dat same federal govt road. Making a total of how many fly overs? 8?

now, how many fly overs do you have in your state?
do u see dat u need to cover ur face and apologise to ibadan ppl?

pix 18: dat Nissan used to be Lister, dat road has been transformed by Ajimobi, this is d road dat connects challenge from toll gate or iwo road, on that same road, u av d popular total gas plant, u also av dat big Yinka Ayefele golden glass building dat houses yinka Ayefele radio station (fresh fm 105.9). u can listen to dis fm anywhere in dis world.

I pity all dos ppl always abusing ibadan, d only developed part of ibadan is 2 times d whole of developed parts of some states which I won't mention. Yes there r brown and rusty roofs tagged d indigenous location but ibadan is now larger Dan dat.

quote me here and i challenge anybody dat all d major roads in ibadan r dualised.

The total number of south easterners in Oyo state is more than the total number of Ebonyi indegine home and abroad.
They abuse ibadan, yet dey keep coming.

Edited: there is another fly over and interchange at iwo road and immediately after iwo road, there is another fly over that connects bashorun and akobo making a total number of fly overs to be 10.

And also d akobo road is now a major road due to d present traffic there. The road has since been contracted to contractor since late 2013/early 2014 but the contractor hasn't been mobilised. Maybe d state govt embezzled d money, I don't know but it was on d newspaper dat period dat it has been contracted to contractor from idi ape through bashorun down to akobo, d governor himsef said so.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by PRODUTIM1(m): 11:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
abimbawealth:
Op just wan bobo us with fine areas only...
Moreover, where is ur 18th pix in ib?

from Challenge after Yinka Ayefele Music house towards the fly over bridge.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by hoodmenconcepts: 11:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
McLove:
Political sentiments apart. Ah be confirm IBADAN indigene. Ib city is not as bad as you people paint it. But op, some of the pictures here are not IB city. If you want to prove me wrong, tell us the location of each picture.
Thank you

Hey mr man, if u be ibadan breed as u claimed, then u should know all these places!
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by McLove(m): 12:02am On Jan 07, 2016
hoodmenconcepts:

Hey mr man, if u be ibadan breed as u claimed, then u should know all these places!
ok bro, now that I don't know them, can you please let me know these places by just telling where they're located?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by McLove(m): 12:10am On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=gidikay post=41729320]

Boosh boi, which village do u come from?
and pls stop raising false alarm.

The only pix dats not ibadan is just d one one Lauthec senate building... Dats all.

Now let me answer u:

If I may ask, do u even know d meaning of fly over?

pix 5: is d fly over dat comes from Oyo state Govt house dat enters oyo state govt secretariat agodi ibadan, it landed directly inside d secretariat.

pix 6: these r 2 fly overs and interchange that connect u to challenge, new garage, lagos. This is the interchange u see wen coming from lagos immediately after the toll gate.

Olorunsogo to Akanran road is not dualised.. what makes it a major road?

1)it is located in ONA ARA LG and this local government is growing very fast and is now one of the LG with the highest population in IB
2)it is the road that goes to the LG secretariat
3)it links OYO state to OGUN state.i.e Ibadan to Ijebu Igbo

Only if you have another definition for major
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by gidikay: 12:28am On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=McLove post=41730000][/quote]

Did you read ur post at all? In d plan, map and d constitution of d federal Republic of Nigeria, What's a road that links 2 states called?

Answer it ursef and u get d answer to ur question.

One is, not all federal roads, state govt would do. For the fact dat dey do some doesn't mean dey av d financial capability to do all.

And with wot u even said, d road is just getting a standard of 'Major' becos it's getting busier.

And Akaran is my Village and still a Village. For your the most populated, can it be as ibadan north or ibadan south west? Go and check npc or inec's record to know the most populated LGA and stop coming here to form ur own record just becos u want to dish ibadan. I guess u live in ibadan, drink ibadan water, eat d food but now turn an ingrate, u r one of dos I mentioned earlier. Why can't u relocate to ur village? na by force?

I won't reply u again becos I don't want to be offensive.

Pls leave trash for Lawma.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Ceccylia(f): 12:29am On Jan 07, 2016
quote author=adioolayi post=41716026]

All the pictures there are fromIB City...If you don't know them, then you don't know IBADAN[/quote]Absolutely, that is Ibadan city.In d pictures I can see Agodi gardens,Ventura,U.I,secretariat,Check-In hotel, Civic center and lots more.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by gidikay: 12:42am On Jan 07, 2016
@Mclove, I'm sorry for d earlier reply I gave. I just went tru ur profile and I found out that u r a minor to me. u finished secondary school in 2010 while I finished 1996, I had my first degree university certificate in 2004.

So how best do I expect you to reason?

With all dis, I think I will be older than u by atleast 15 years, so, I think I can father you.

Don't get me wrong, ur dad will be way older Dan me ooo but with 15 years age difference, I can father u.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Gistboxblog: 12:52am On Jan 07, 2016
But you guys dissing Ibadan seriously need to pay a visit to the historical city.
My first time in Ibadn was 2011, and normally I expected to be greeted by an outstretch of brown roofs and underdeveloped suburbs but I was stunned, Ibadan is a beautiful city, although it has it bad sides, but it also have its developed places, Ibadan is developing at at fast pace.
And you guys really need to acknowledge the fact that Ibadan is really a large city, so there are two sides to this unique city, depends on where you wanna base your conclusions from, but for me, it's perfect.
Just stop judging the city by having just the ugly sides under scrutiny, even NY, JB, SD has its own slums
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by wadetaw202: 3:26am On Jan 07, 2016
abimbawealth:
Op just wan bobo us with fine areas only...
Moreover, where is ur 18th pix in ib?

I understand why your pain is eating away at your heart and is about to kill your soul. You have made peeps to believe only ugly places exist in IBADAN. Seeing such beautiful places made you caring to the point of shrinking into oblivion. For your info, ibadan is a mix of both the old and the new. It is a sign we have been using zinc roofs long before your grandfathers tasted civilization. Ndo. So, how is the pain killing your poor heart?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Eazie351(m): 3:51am On Jan 07, 2016
adioolayi:

All the pictures there are IB City...If you don't know them, then you don't know IBADAN
..I Just saw LAUTECH senate building....wasnt told yet that t'az been relocated 2 IB.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Trecixnine(m): 6:20am On Jan 07, 2016
So Lautech too has become part of Ibadan now? Remove that round building please.
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by McLove(m): 6:32am On Jan 07, 2016
gidikay:
@Mclove, I'm sorry for d earlier reply I gave. I just went tru ur profile and I found out that u r a minor to me. u finished secondary school in 2010 while I finished 1996, I had my first degree university certificate in 2004.

So how best do I expect you to reason?

With all dis, I think I will be older than u by atleast 15 years, so, I think I can father you.

Don't get me wrong, ur dad will be way older Dan me ooo but with 15 years age difference, I can father u.
uncle, age has got nothing to do with intelligence... At your age, you have the time to dig into my profile? Btw, no one is dissing IB city. I have always rep my city and I will always do.

Last bullet: agba o ko ogbon.. So stop refering to age..

When last did you visit your village?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by oketoyinboshola(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2016
Wowwwwww....am proud to be "Omo Ibadan" #proudlyIbadan.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by simdam500(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2016
apparently, it is still call ibadan

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by mharita2015(f): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2016
Beautiful and lovely city!

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by abimbawealth(f): 9:09am On Jan 07, 2016
wadetaw202:

I understand why your pain is eating away at your heart and is about to kill your soul. You have made peeps to believe only ugly places exist in IBADAN. Seeing such beautiful places made you caring to the point of shrinking into oblivion. For your info, ibadan is a mix of both the old and the new. It is a sign we have been using zinc roofs long before your grandfathers tasted civilization. Ndo. So, how is the pain killing your poor heart?
When next you feel like quoting someone, think, think and have a rethink, cos not everything you see is as it seems...you just replied me like one of the peeps you assume me to be...

Now, read my initial post once again...

WE DON'T TALK LIKE THIS!!!
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by opey25(m): 9:09am On Jan 07, 2016
Dbisector:
no argument bro but not all those pix are real about Ib
just two pictures.All the remaining pictures are real
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by abimbawealth(f): 9:10am On Jan 07, 2016
PRODUTIM1:
from Challenge after Yinka Ayefele Music house towards the fly over bridge.
Hahahahahaha...not quite far from Soun's palace, right?
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by Dbisector(m): 10:02am On Jan 07, 2016
opey25:
just two pictures.All the remaining pictures are real
Exactly, one love bro
Re: Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) by AreTheyBitches(m): 10:27am On Jan 07, 2016
Picture no 21 is launch Senate building situated at Ogbomosho not Ibadan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company / 80 Nigerians Deported From Indonesia For Spraying Money On Pastor Odumeje / See The Roofless Aircraft With 96 Passengers That Landed Safely After Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.