Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,658 members, 7,955,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:03 AM

Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? (1700 Views)

UBA Staff Sleeping With My Sister's Husband, Sends Him Her Nudes - Nigerian Man / Is There Anything Wrong If Your Housegirl Is Sitting Like This? (photo) / Penastory - Advice Me: My Best Friend’s Ex-boyfriend Wants To Date Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by Abisoyee(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/01/07/advice-me-is-it-wrong-if-i-get-married-to-my-late-sisters-husband/

I know my story sounds like something that many people have heard in times past before but really it is troubling me. I am a spinster of thirty-two years old and my love for Literature made me join your channel. I must say that you guys are doing a great job by the way.

I used to have a twin sister who passed away in the early months of 2015 after about three years of marriage. Before her death, I was a regular visitor at her house and have a cordial relationship with her husband. The death of my sister came as a result of child birth and I took over taking care of her baby boy that she left behind. My taking care of the boy also mean’t that I put my own life on pause and started living with my late sister’s husband in order to be able to take care of the boy.

You might ask why we didn’t take the boy away to nurture him but her husband insisted that the baby was all of my sister that he had left and could not bear to be parted with him. I settled into the place of my sister and soon found myself cooking his meal, washing his clothes and taking care of the house and life soon went back to normal.

In November however, he started making advances towards me saying that I a a good woman and he sees no reason why we can not get married. I have not looked at him romantically before this time but when he brought up the issue of marriage, I began to see him in this light.

I have not been married before and I want to know if it would be a bad thing if I got married to my late sister’s husband and our father is late so I wouldn’t want to do anything that would upset our aged mother.

Please what do you think I can do?

Read more stuffs on www.penastory.com
The World Through Our Pen

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by pet4ril(f): 8:27am On Jan 07, 2016
Not at all my dear, provided your heart is clear that you don't know anything about your sister's death which some people will accuse you of...... Above all, follow your heart

2 Likes

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by whirlwind7(m): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2016
Tell tales? More like "tall tales"

But seriously, this isn't the sort of question you would want the public to help you with an answer (reason why I think it's a tall tale)
The man suggested marriage, and you began to look him in that light. Well, if you think he's suitable, why not?

There's nothing ethically, morally, spiritually or physically wrong with getting married to your late sister's hubby.
The only obstacle to this is YOU. Do you wholeheartedly accept the idea of marrying him?

Everyone and everything else, including family, friends and foes will fall into place once you honestly answer this question.
You didn't say if you are identical twin to your sister.
If you guys are identical, and I happen to be your late sister's hubby, walahi I will not let you escape me! Perfect replacement.

Note this: Once you marry him, mischievous folks will whisper that you killed your sister in order to snatch her hubby. So, I hope you have a thick skin.

1 Like

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by doublewisdom: 8:33am On Jan 07, 2016
The society will crucify you. If you can live with that, marry the man and start eating from where your sister stopped.

1 Like

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 07, 2016
so you put your life on hold just to take care of the baby right? what happened to an house help, why dint you suggest to the husband to hire a well trained house help? "listen sister there are a lot of guys out there that are unmarried that can make you a wife, for the fact that you did not even rejected his offer in anger shows you too have been tripping for him no wonder you went to stay with him all in the name of taking care of a baby, knowing fully well that as a lonely man anything can happen, that shows you are an opportunist. what you should be doing is to advice him to get a new wife so he can forget about the pains of his past, "if you marry him then how will the child feel when he grows up and discoverd that you are his mother's sister that married his dad after the death of his mother? how will people feel? what will they say? listen stop been a hoe and reject him and go face your life. "safe yourself the public ridicule and torment.

1 Like

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 07, 2016
@OP.. Be ready to take criticism from some people in the society.
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by Emac34: 8:42am On Jan 07, 2016
Marrying ur sister's husband is nt advisable
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by ucnwafor(m): 8:54am On Jan 07, 2016
@op it s crazy, revenge, absurd.......how can u marry your brother in law cos there s no man again, u have to leave that family and look up @your future man ok
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by IamLEGEND1: 9:02am On Jan 07, 2016
even in grief..... that guy sharp well well,
see as him use sense lock down him late wife's twin sister !!!!
na why I go marry alienstar be that.
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by Junior66(m): 9:04am On Jan 07, 2016
pls dn't marry him. The society will conspire to ruin your marriage. Nothing really wrong if you marry him though.
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by CaroLyner(f): 9:26am On Jan 07, 2016
1) Do you have other family? How would they
react to this? Would they be accepting (and
happy for you), or skeeved out? How much
does it matter to you what they think? Are
there boundaries there that you are willing to
test?
2) You are close, and have helped each other
through difficult times. You have shared pain.
You have bonded. Don't mistake this for
romantic feelings.

1 Like

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by AlienStar: 9:28am On Jan 07, 2016
Huh? shocked
IamLEGEND1:
even in grief..... that guy sharp well well,
see as him use sense lock down him late wife's twin sister !!!!
na why I go marry alienstar be that.
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by IamLEGEND1: 9:31am On Jan 07, 2016
AlienStar:
Huh? shocked
shey u get twin sister! (abi u deceive me shocked )

so u see,I get a 2-in-1 package for the price of one.
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by nerdfrost(m): 9:33am On Jan 07, 2016
Hmmmmmm!! For this naija where we dey Them go talk say na u kill ur sis ooo!!
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by AlienStar: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2016
In ur dreams grin

we don't hv a death wish. embarassed
IamLEGEND1:
shey u get twin sister! (abi u deceive me shocked )

so u see,I get a 2-in-1 package for the price of one.
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by cruzita(f): 9:45am On Jan 07, 2016
as for me ,I see nothing wrong with it .but naija no dey carry last to formulate theory say na u kill ur sis so that u go marry her husband.
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by CaroLyner(f): 10:10am On Jan 07, 2016
Yes! it's absurd and ridiculous.In essence
,sister of the deceased becomes a step mum
to her nieces and nephews and her children
would be both cousins and siblings to ...infact
it's just a complicated ish..
Apparently,it's allowed in most cultures if not all but it isn't what I would do or accept

1 Like

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by IamLEGEND1: 10:15am On Jan 07, 2016
AlienStar:
In ur dreams grin

we don't hv a death wish. embarassed
beht I will take care of both of you na. very well, I may add.

or more accurately, we'll take of each other.

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by AlienStar: 10:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Chineke! shocked
IamLEGEND1:
beht I will take care of both of you na. very well, I may add.

or more accurately, we'll take of each other.
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by IamLEGEND1: 10:47am On Jan 07, 2016
AlienStar:
Chineke! shocked
u want it (I know u do cheesy ), I want it & I'm sure the carbon copy will be down too.

so why don't we get together over the weekend and see how we can make this shít happen ah!

Oh! the possibilities.

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by Ay04z(m): 11:00am On Jan 07, 2016
But d man has already tasted ur honeypot naw,wu else notice dat.
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by AlienStar: 11:25am On Jan 07, 2016
lipsrsealed
IamLEGEND1:
u want it (I know u do cheesy ), I want it & I'm sure the carbon copy will be down too.

so why don't we get together over the weekend and see how we can make this shít happen ah!

Oh! the possibilities.
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by IamLEGEND1: 11:42am On Jan 07, 2016
AlienStar:
lipsrsealed
Do not deny me this one pleasure

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by AlienStar: 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Do not deny me this one pleasure
Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by IamLEGEND1: 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=AlienStar post=41742649][/quote] so it's happening then!!!!!!

#OluwaNaYourHandwork

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by AlienStar: 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
*Rolls eyes* are u still sleeping?
IamLEGEND1:
so it's happening then!!!!!!

#OluwaNaYourHandwork

Re: Penastory: Advice Me: Is It Wrong If I Get Married To My Late Sister’s Husband? by IamLEGEND1: 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
AlienStar:
*Rolls eyes* are u still sleeping?
how I go take sleep when u be running through my mind all day......it gets me all worked up....

(1) (Reply)

I Hate My Girlfriend But I Can't Dump Her I Don't Know Why. / 5 Things I Wish I Knew About My Partner Before We Got Engaged / Women!!! Why The Double Standards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.