Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media (3250 Views)

I Will Be Ending A Toxic Relationship On Monday / 5 Things To Never Post About Your Relationship On Social Media / Reasons You Should Never FORCE A Relationship On A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by prettydynamic: 9:54am On Jan 07, 2016
Social media can be way more fun when you can post photos and videos of that special someone you enjoying spending time with on platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Snap chat.
In most cases you might want to think twice before posting “Best hubby ever!!!! #blessed” or “amazing day with bae” on Facebook or Instagram.
According to a new study soon to be published in the journal of Personal Relationships, when you post lovely, affectionate updates, your friends don’t exactly react the way you might expect.

1. It makes public what is meant to be private: I believe that romance is one of those things that is meant to be private, but it seems that once you change your relationship status the force of Facebook is working against you.

2. It gives haters an opportunity to “prey” on your ”bae” or ”boo”: Once you upload a picture and you’ve tagged your “bae” your followers will follow or send a friend request to your new boo. Then they start going through photos of him/her making an assessment of who they are, trying to find something bad to say about them, while some may go to the extent of flirting with them online to try and get them to engage.

3. It promotes drama: Even if you only have a few friends on social media, you never know who might take a screenshot of something you post and share it.

4. It can cause a competitive element in your relationship: A good number of couples get into arguments about who posts more pictures of them together on Facebook or Instagram etc.

5. It creates a major dilemma if you break up: Now that you have a permanent online footprint that you were with this person. Do you keep the pictures up or do you take them down? How do you explain them to the next person you are with.
Remember don’t let social media negatively affect your relationship. Express appreciation for your partner, communicate with each other, maintain boundaries between your real life and your cyber life and don’t share too much you’ll both be much happier.
Keeping your relationship healthy online doesn’t take a lot of effort, and in the long run, it will make the relationship more likely to last.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 07, 2016
So right.

issokay grin
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Laveda(f): 9:56am On Jan 07, 2016
Now that's so on point
Even with happenings on Nairaland here..who dares flaunt his/her relationship online? God knows I won't try such grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 07, 2016
100% True!
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by CaroLyner(f): 10:13am On Jan 07, 2016
2. It gives haters an opportunity to “prey” on
your ”bae” or ”boo”: Once you upload a picture
and you’ve tagged your “bae” your followers
will follow or send a friend request to your new
boo. Then they start going through photos of him/her making an assessment of who they
are, trying to find something bad to say about
them, while some may go to the extent of
flirting with them online to try and get them to
engage.
on point.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 07, 2016
In as much as flaunting your relationship online has it's disadvantages, like you rightly stated, we shouldn't forget that it also has it advantages.

One of this advantages is that it sends a message to people that you are off limits, that they should back off, because you are in a relationship with someone.

There are various people on the internet, most especially men, who derive pleasure and their share of fun from preying on various ladies. You see them asking them to send them nude pictures, stalking them and using various other mean to get their attention, to the extent that it becomes a constant burden for these ladies. If such lady posts pictures of her spouse on social media, these kind of predators would have no option but to hunt somewhere else.

Also, when you flaunt your relationship on social media, it gives you some sort of confidence and assurance in yourself and in your relationship. It makes it harder for you to cheat on your partner. It's like preaching the gospel in public. It makes it more difficult for you to sin or do something that contradicts what you preach because almost everyone knows you as a preacher, the same applies with flaunting your relationship on social media, because you know that if you are unfaithful, not only would it spread like wild fire, it is also extremely demeaning and embarrassing.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Mznaett: 10:23am On Jan 07, 2016
Hmmmmlipsrsealed
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by obiorathesubtle: 10:27am On Jan 07, 2016
As all the people above me wey sabi book pass me don talk.. Wetin I wan talk again? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 07, 2016
undecidedI couldn't agree more!undecided

Showcasing your relationships Online is Just Sad...Unconsciously Creating room for unnecessary "Jealousy"..lipsrsealed

it's just like rubbing it in Your face! ''Yes, You're single n I've found Love...Deal with it, I win....!"

I'd probably flirt With Your bf To prove A Point!gringrin sorry biitches!wink
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
undecided
Confused?
It's about time you flaunt one of those people kissing you up andan your diary. grin
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
PushMusic:

Confused?
It's about time you flaunt one of those people kissing you up andan your diary. grin
LoL!grin

Arrrgh! don't remind me abeg!cry
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by PunterTim(m): 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hmm
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
LoL!grin

Arrrgh! don't remind me abeg!cry
Seems you liked the disgusting breath. cheesy
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by PunterTim(m): 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
Estharfabian:

Showcasing your relationships Online is Just Sad...Unconsciously Creating room for unnecessary "Jealousy"..lipsrsealed

it's just like rubbing it in Your face! ''Yes, You're single n I've found Love...Deal with it, I win!"

I'd probably flirt With Your bf To prove A Point!gringrin
grin
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
PushMusic:
Seems you liked the disgusting breath. cheesy
angry
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
angry
Come on, don't give me that face. wink
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by PunterTim(m): 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
PushMusic:

Come on, don't give me that face. wink
You don't know exactly how I felt..

dirty...cry
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by PunterTim(m): 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mznaett:
Hmmmmlipsrsealed
*Whispers*Say What's On Your Mind!
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
PunterTim:
What?
Thought it's A smiley's convention??grin

Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by IamLEGEND1: 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
some guys be dating ugly chicks and still be nodding along with the OP........ nobody go flirt with ur girlfriend, so just chill the fuçk out.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
You don't know exactly how I felt..

dirty...cry

Sorry about that.
You should talk to your dad about it. Pretty sure he'll have a better way of dealing with it unlike the way women over react sometimes.
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by PunterTim(m): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
Thought it's A smiley's convention??grin

Haha,Really Wanted To Use A Smiley I Couldn't Find On Here..
It's The Erotic Kind!
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by marieolae(f): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
Agreed.

You live and you learn everyday.
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by misspicy(f): 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
it creates a major dilemma if you break up: Now that you have a permanent online footprint that you were with this person. Do you keep the pictures up or do you take them down? How do you explain them to the next person you are with.

this is the only reason I don't and will not post my relationship on social media the rest is BS

who gives a fvck about what people think or say undecided
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Only silly girls show off...

When a guy shows off... Wait! When guys do it, it's not called a "Show Off", it's a form of appreciation.

I get pissed when I see girls showing off but I get touched and go "Aww, Lucky Girl" when a guy does it.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
PushMusic:

Sorry about that.
You should talk to your dad about it. Pretty sure he'll have a better way of dealing with it unlike the way women over react sometimes.
Women overreact??undecided

Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
PunterTim:
Haha,Really Wanted To Use A Smiley I Couldn't Find On Here..
It's The Erotic Kind!
Intimate kind Huh??undecidedcheesy

Why?wink
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
Estharfabian:
Women overreact??undecided

Sometimes. wink
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by moriarity(m): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
Estharfabian:

it's just like rubbing it in Your face! ''Yes, You're single n I've found Love...Deal with it, I win....!"

I'd probably flirt With Your bf To prove A Point!gringrin sorry biitches!wink
cheesy you have a point, there are many of your kind that does this grin
Re: Why You Should Not Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
moriarity:
cheesy you have a point, there are many of your kind that does this grin
My kind??grin

Lwkmd!grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashion Madness? Check Out This End-time Bikini / How To Eat P#ssy: 18 Moves Between Her Legs That’ll Blow Her Mind. 18+please / Nigerian Man, Happily Married For 2yrs,But Cant Stop Using A Cucumber On Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.