Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail (16692 Views)

Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Awolowo In A Happy Mood (Throwback Photo) / Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) / Yahaya Bello And His Wife Amina Loved Up In These Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by DONSMITH123(m): 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
A Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday granted bail to each of a former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party,Haliru Bello, and his son, Abba Bello‎, in the sum of N300m with two sureties in like sum.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed in a ruling on the accused persons’ bail applications also ordered that they should deposit their passport with the court‎ pending the determination of their trial.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday arraigned Bello and his son, accusing them of collecting about N300m meant for procurement of arms for political campaigns but was received from the Office of the National Security Adviser under the guise of using it for “safe houses”.

Also charged along with them is their firm, Bam Project Properties.

The judge in his ruling on Thursday, ordered Bello to remain under the supervision of the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, at the Abuja Clinic, where he is said to be treated for injury resulting from spinal surgery.

But the court directed that Abba be remanded in Kuje prison pending when both of them would meet their bail conditions.

The judge also ruled that one of the sureties that Bello should produce must be a director in the service of the Feder‎al Government or any of its agencies.

He ruled that the other surety must own property in Abuja worth the N300m bail sum.

With respect to the son’s bail, Justice Ahmed ruled that one of his sureties must be a federal civil servant not less that Grade Level 12 ‎and the other must also own property worth N300m in the Federal Capital Territory.

The judge ruled that the title documents of the property to be presented by the sureties would be verified by court officials and surrendered to the court throughout the period the trial would last.

The court fixed February 16‎ for commencement of trial.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/court-grants-ex-pdp-chairman-bello-son-n600m-bail%e2%80%8e/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Airforce1(m): 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
600 million naira for bail alone

So how much did they loot/steal?

Political robbers delaying destiny of nigerian youths since 1960

God will give them all the punishments they deserve.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by brunofarad(m): 2:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
I sense the death of impunity and the birth of sanity in our polity......
Its a gradual process though.

Click on my username thanks for reading my comment ;

13 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by DONSMITH123(m): 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
Naija sha lipsrsealed
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
charge and bail grin

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by babzy2: 2:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
Make I book space " iyalaya anybody way trespass

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Dinocarex(m): 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2016
Chai!!!
I'm still waiting for the level 12 officer that has over N300m worth of property in Abuja to stand as surety.

I dey look shocked

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by DropShot: 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2016
Now, this is what we call CHANGE. Era of N50,000 bail for N500,000,000 fraud is gone.

I am sure Dr. Haliru Bello will prefer plea bargaining to return N300 million to this very stringent bail conditions.

#FireOnBuhari

The 3rd defendant is over 70 years old, an elder statesman who has served this country meritoriously in various capacities. My lord he was not only a former Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, but also the former Chairman of one of the biggest political parties in Africa.
Era of looking at face of looters to go lenient on them is gone with GEJ/PDP. There is new Sheriff in town. grin grin grin grin

Moderators Lalasticlala Obinoscopy, soup don done.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by greatiyk4u(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
Buhari, where have u been all these while?.......we are sorry for not discovering u earlier dan now, however, no time is late as u have made even the rich to cry.....God bless PMB

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by donTbone(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
Shey i no talk am...

I knew its gonna be either by bail or we no
hear anything again! angry angry angry angry angry

Nigeria... A wonderful country where looters dont go
to jail once there is bail and a NOBODY is killed for
stealing Thousands.

It hurts..seriously!!! cry

I LOVE NIGERIA
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by OnankpaBa(m): 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
This man get bail? I dey vex
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by OnankpaBa(m): 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
my brother you talk am o

donTbone:
Shey i no talk am...
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by OnankpaBa(m): 2:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
amen

Airforce1:
600 million naira for bail alone

So how much did they loot/steal?

Political robbers delaying destinies of nigerian youths since 1960

God will give them all the punishments they deserve.

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by DONSMITH123(m): 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
lalasticlala good day sir
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
Very Commendable...They stole #300million but bailed for #600m + Surety in like-sum

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by DONSMITH123(m): 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
i remebered when i posted it yesterday, you state it clearly but i argued with you. Now i believed.

donTbone:
Shey i no talk am...
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by OsusuMustFlow(f): 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
cheesy FOR 300M?

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
Where is lalasticlala sef?

Amazing decision from the court to bail the opposition party's former national chairman.

Olisa Metuhs' would be N3bn grin

31 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by donTbone(m): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
Shey i no talk am...
I knew its gonna be either by bail or we no
hear anything again! angry angry angry angry angry

Nigeria... A wonderful country where looters dont go
to jail once there is bail and a NOBODY is killed for
stealing Thousands.

I LOVE NIGERIA
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by aieromon(m): 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
This is what Terry G calls "make we knack them akpako"

Lovely decision by the judge....

8 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Sijo01(f): 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Bail bail bail!!! When will they refund the stolen money Or is the bail money equivalent to the stollen money?........... Somebody clarify please.

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by donTbone(m): 2:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
DONSMITH123:
i remebered when i posted it yesterday, you state it clearly but i argued with you. Now i believed.

No be 9ja wey we dey so?
There are some specific people
that could actually stun us in Nigeria...
Those people are damn special...and with integrity!

It hurts to see how things are going!
Yet those Lawyers would rather be a lowlife
mesanger than WRITE THEIR NAME IN BOOK
OF HISTORY!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by DONSMITH123(m): 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
3BN Guy you bad grin

Keneking:
Where is lalasticlala sef?

Amazing decision from the court to bail the opposition party's former national chairman.

Olisa Metuh's would be N3bn grin
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by donTbone(m): 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
OnankpaBa:
my brother you talk am o

You are on stand by bro!

Ion wanna say much!
Trust me, its time sango, Ogun, Oya,
Obatala, Sea gods and godesses start getting
involved in Nigeria Politics.

Am sure they will find it interesting! angry
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by OnankpaBa(m): 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
grin grin grin

donTbone:

You are on stand by bro!

Ion wanna say much!
Trust me, its time sango, Ogun, Oya,
Obatala, Sea gods and godesses start getting
involved in Nigeria Politics.

Am sure they will find it interesting! angry
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by OnankpaBa(m): 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
lalasticlala ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by SmithEnemona(m): 2:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
naija sha
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by SmithEnemona(m): 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
aieromon:
This is what Terry G calls "make we knack them akpako"

Lovely decision by the judge....
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by SmithEnemona(m): 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
DropShot:
Now, this is what we call CHANGE. Era of N50,000 bail for N500,000,000 fraud is gone.

I am sure Dr. Haliru Bello will prefer plea bargaining to return N300 million to this very stringent bail conditions.

#FireOnBuhari

Era of looking at faces of looters to go lenient of them is gone with GEJ/PDP. There is new Sheriff in town. grin grin grin grin

Moderators Lalasticlala Obinoscopy, soup don done.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Drclassic(m): 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
OK.let us wait for dasuki's bail
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
We need to see some people languish in Jail.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CCT: PDP Will Produce Saraki’s Successor If…- Senator Ordia / Governor Aminu Masari Awaits President Buhari’s Arrival In Adamawa / Level Of Work At capacity International Conference Center Awka(video&photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.