Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,651 members, 7,820,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail (16722 Views)

Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Awolowo In A Happy Mood (Throwback Photo) / Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) / Yahaya Bello And His Wife Amina Loved Up In These Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Wolfbrother(m): 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
600 million? If they can actually pay this bail , this country is supremely fu*k*d

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by marlockj: 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
DONSMITH123:
A Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday granted bail to each of a former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party,Haliru Bello, and his son, Abba Bello‎, in the sum of N300m with two sureties in like sum.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed in a ruling on the accused persons’ bail applications also ordered that they should deposit their passport with the court‎ pending the determination of their trial.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday arraigned Bello and his son, accusing them of collecting about N300m meant for procurement of arms for political campaigns but was received from the Office of the National Security Adviser under the guise of using it for “safe houses”.

Also charged along with them is their firm, Bam Project Properties.

The judge in his ruling on Thursday, ordered Bello to remain under the supervision of the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, at the Abuja Clinic, where he is said to be treated for injury resulting from spinal surgery.

But the court directed that Abba be remanded in Kuje prison pending when both of them would meet their bail conditions.

The judge also ruled that one of the sureties that Bello should produce must be a director in the service of the Feder‎al Government or any of its agencies.

He ruled that the other surety must own property in Abuja worth the N300m bail sum.

With respect to the son’s bail, Justice Ahmed ruled that one of his sureties must be a federal civil servant not less that Grade Level 12 ‎and the other must also own property worth N300m in the Federal Capital Territory.

The judge ruled that the title documents of the property to be presented by the sureties would be verified by court officials and surrendered to the court throughout the period the trial would last.

The court fixed February 16‎ for commencement of trial.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/court-grants-ex-pdp-chairman-bello-son-n600m-bail%e2%80%8e/

Judge God in heaven will bless u

Please Nxt tym increase to 1billion bail sum 10directors

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by marlockj: 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
DropShot:

Do you understand how court prosecutions work?

1. Charge suspects to court.

2. Court grants bail except in very heinous crimes such as murder, treason, etc.

3. Court starts to hear the case which may last several months or even years.

What we're witnessing now has never been witnessed in Nigeria before where known figures as Dasuki, Dokpesi, Yuguda, Bafarawa, Haliru Bello and co not only spend days in prison but also were handed very stringent bail conditions.

Better days are ahead.

Bro ur on point

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by araphah83: 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
we can't waite to see these ppl rotten in jail
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Okies27(m): 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
DONSMITH123:
A Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday granted bail to each of a former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party,Haliru Bello, and his son, Abba Bello‎, in the sum of N300m with two sureties in like sum.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed in a ruling on the accused persons’ bail applications also ordered that they should deposit their passport with the court‎ pending the determination of their trial.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday arraigned Bello and his son, accusing them of collecting about N300m meant for procurement of arms for political campaigns but was received from the Office of the National Security Adviser under the guise of using it for “safe houses”.

Also charged along with them is their firm, Bam Project Properties.

The judge in his ruling on Thursday, ordered Bello to remain under the supervision of the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, at the Abuja Clinic, where he is said to be treated for injury resulting from spinal surgery.

But the court directed that Abba be remanded in Kuje prison pending when both of them would meet their bail conditions.

The judge also ruled that one of the sureties that Bello should produce must be a director in the service of the Feder‎al Government or any of its agencies.

He ruled that the other surety must own property in Abuja worth the N300m bail sum.

With respect to the son’s bail, Justice Ahmed ruled that one of his sureties must be a federal civil servant not less that Grade Level 12 ‎and the other must also own property worth N300m in the Federal Capital Territory.

The judge ruled that the title documents of the property to be presented by the sureties would be verified by court officials and surrendered to the court throughout the period the trial would last.

The court fixed February 16‎ for commencement of trial.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/court-grants-ex-pdp-chairman-bello-son-n600m-bail%e2%80%8e/
. I'm beginning to feel Buhari is too slow cos all these abokis(cows) need to be jailed asap. North has been our major problem since independence.
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by marlockj: 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
todayboy:
I just know that nobody will go to jail the tyrant president is just wasting time

I am a pdpian bt I Lov this government.

Bail getting to 10billion soon!!!

Haha Nigeria Don dey sweet my belly

6 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Montaque(m): 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
Let's see if this ruling will be obeyed by the EFCC/FG
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by marlockj: 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
tayomohammed:
Crimes Commission on Wednesday night arrested a former military governor of Kaduna State and chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Lawal Jafaru Isa.
Jafaru Isa
Mr. Isa is the first chieftain of the APC arrested by the EFCC since the beginning of a sweeping probe into the alleged diversion of $2.1 billion meant for arms purchase by officials of the immediate-past administration.
Mr. Isa, Military Administrator of Kaduna State from December 1993 to August 1996 during the military regime of General Sani Abacha and one-time governorship candidate of the defunct CPC in Kano State, is a close friend of the embattled former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.
Mr. Isa, also a close political associate of President Muhammadu Buhari, was arrested at his Abuja residence located at Ajayi Crowther Street, Asokoro.
A witness told PREMIUM TIMES that operatives of the anti-graft commission invaded his residence around 9pm, and then whisked him away a few minutes later.
PREMIUM TIMES gathered that Mr. Isa, a retired brigadier general, was invited last week to appear before the commission on Wednesday (yesterday) to clear the air on “some questionable receipts” from the former NSA.
Investigators believe the retired soldier received over N100million from Mr. Dasuki.
Rather than honoring the invitation, sources said, Mr. Isa wrote a letter to the EFCC through his lawyer, seeking a postponement of his appearance date on the grounds of death of a relative.
Apparently dissatisfied with his excuse, the EFCC however arrested him to clarify the “questionable receipts”.
The spokesperson of the EFCC, Wilson Ujuwaren, could not be reached Thursday morning for comments on the arrest.
But a top official of the commission confirmed the development.
”He has been wasting our time, and we just have to pick him up for our investigation to continue,” the official said.
PREMIUM TIMES
TRENDING NOW
SaharaReporters.com is an outstanding, groundbreaking news website that encourages citizen journalists to report ongoing corruption and government malfeasance in Africa. Using photos, text, and video dynamically, the site informs and prompts concerned African citizens and activists globally to act, denouncing officially-sanctioned corruption, the material impoverishment of its citizenry, defilement of the environment, and the callous disregard of the democratic principles enshrined in the constitution.
CONNECT WITH US
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
WATCH US ON YOUTUBE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FEEDS
SAHARA REPORTERS

Let's go There.

I am a PDPian Bt I so much Lov this
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by OjujuCalabar(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
After the court will deny, that they never granted any of them bail. Granting of bail will soon become like APC campaign promises.
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by phraimzy: 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
But abeg let me ask, how much is 600m compare to what they allegedly embezzeled? Pls we re waiting to see the end of this case!
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by OjujuCalabar(m): 5:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
The court will soon deny it.
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by lumeneng22: 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
Why is EFCC announcing to the whole world that they will soon be going after the nation looters? Answer - so that they can start running away.
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by allthingsgood: 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
Dinocarex:
Chai!!!
I'm still waiting for the level 12 officer that has over N300m worth of property in Abuja to stand as surety.

I dey look shocked

In other words these guys shall perish in prison grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by gsport: 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
I appreciate this bail condition. Particularly that part,that the title documents should be deposited to the court either way our yam is safe.
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
Interesting, they are accused of collecting N300m and granted bail of same sum hahahahaha!!! Bad market for the looters. They will be regretting taking part in the yam eating.
All the artistes and actors that supported GEJ during the campaign should start warming up for their own turn cheesy
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Intendy: 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Buhari, where have u been all these while?.......we are sorry for not discovering u earlier dan now, however, no time is late as u have made even the rich to cry.....God bless PMB
I've never voted for any candidate since 2003 elections except BUHARI.
Thank God I finally achieved my dreams and He has not dissapointed.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by DonBenny77(m): 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
pls lemme ask this stupid question.... where does dis bail money end up?
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Day11(m): 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Steal one yam and when you re caught, you pay back with 5yams or go to jail.

Nigeria sweet like Tom-Tom grin

Changi

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by bettercreature(m): 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
Airforce1:
600 million naira for bail alone

So how much did they loot/steal?

Political robbers delaying destiny of nigerian youths since 1960

God will give them all the punishments they deserve.
Lol! when did you become a good boy grin grin
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
& som re.tard are asking where is d change? Nig truly deserves a dictator! Kudos pmb!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by babadem2much(m): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
Sijo01:
Bail bail bail!!! When will they refund the stolen money Or is the bail money equivalent to the stollen money?........... Somebody clarify please.

The Yam is 300m while the bail the goats with 600m which is
goat 1= #300m
goat 2= #300m
G/Total =#600m.
thanks for understanding

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Nnannapat(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nigeria will surely get it right if we continue this way. The judiciary is tagging along, kudos to the Judge. Very soon sureties will be difficult to find in FCT then the looters will know what AWAITING TRIALS really means.

God bless and guide PMB.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Dinocarex(m): 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
allthingsgood:

In other words these guys shall perish in prison grin
Before nko?
Our Judiciary is waking up.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by daddyamos: 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
why they are not what to go grant for bail due to what they turn this country to being today
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
Dinocarex:
Chai!!!
I'm still waiting for the level 12 officer that has over N300m worth of property in Abuja to stand as surety.

I dey look shocked
grin grin seems as if i'm not the only one on the look out for that fellow.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by gsport: 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
Keneking:
Where is lalasticlala sef?

Amazing decision from the court to bail the opposition party's former national chairman.

Olisa Metuhs' would be N3bn grin
. Metuhs. Will be 1.4 billion
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by btkenward(m): 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
Court is setting them free because they have money, if u are d one that still 5k, u will be judged accordingly without anything bail. And we Nigerian youths are still protesting and support the release of those that diverted the money to be benefited by us all. What a shame to us.Some Nigerian are not happy because most of the people accused and arrestedare mostly PDP members, and we shouldask ourselves that how many APC members are in d last administration, for the present administration to start arresting them to.
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Dinocarex(m): 11:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
tonyfrenzy:

grin grin seems as if i'm not the only one on the look out for that fellow.
Looool... We dey double look then!!
4 eyes are better than 2
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by poseidon12: 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Dinocarex:
Chai!!!

I dey look shocked
The level 12 officer is not required to have N300m property. It's the second surety. By the way, the ruling says "at least level 12". That means he/she could be far above level 12.
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by poseidon12: 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
DonBenny77:
pls lemme ask this stupid question.... where does dis bail money end up?
You do not pay any money. The money is only paid by the surety if the suspect jumps bail. That is why they require that the surety deposits documents to the property that is worth at least the surety money.
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by olaifemiposi: 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
OnankpaBa:
my brother you talk am o

Meeting the condition of d bail nko? Not so easy my brother. It's called back to back bail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019:senator Makarfi Visits Ibb For Consultation(photos) / How Edgar’s Handover Was Stopped / Malami: Why I Recommended Bawa For EFCC Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.