Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail (16723 Views)

Azikiwe, Ahmadu Bello And Awolowo In A Happy Mood (Throwback Photo) / Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo) / Yahaya Bello And His Wife Amina Loved Up In These Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Okanokan(m): 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
The Court with its approach to bail have started collecting the allege money thru the backdoor. Its a new style in recovering our MONEY!

4 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by donTbone(m): 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
PushMusic:
We need to see some people languish in Jail.
Trust me.. not just some people, but the political Money Looters!
angry

Now am sure someone we agree with me we all need GUN! angry
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by DropShot: 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
donTbone:
Shey i no talk am...

I knew its gonna be either by bail or we no
hear anything again! angry angry angry angry angry

Nigeria... A wonderful country where looters dont go
to jail once there is bail and a NOBODY is killed for
stealing Thousands.

It hurts..seriously!!! cry

I LOVE NIGERIA
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Do you understand how court prosecutions work?

1. Charge suspects to court.

2. Court grants bail except in very heinous crimes such as murder, treason, etc.

3. Court starts to hear the case which may last several months or even years.

What we're witnessing now has never been witnessed in Nigeria before where known figures as Dasuki, Dokpesi, Yuguda, Bafarawa, Haliru Bello and co not only spend days in prison but also were handed very stringent bail conditions.

Better days are ahead.

13 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by DropShot: 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
Keneking:
Where is lalasticlala sef?

Amazing decision from the court to bail the opposition party's former national chairman.

Olisa Metuh's would be N3bn grin
I think his will be N1bn only plus two sureties in like sum.

Dem never chee chumchin! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by donTbone(m): 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
DropShot:

Do you understand how court prosecutions work?

1. Charge suspects to court.

2. Court grants bail except in very heinous crimes such as murder, treason, etc.

3. Court starts to hear the case which may last several months or even years.

What we're witnessing now has never been witnessed in Nigeria before where known figures as Dasuki, Dokpesi, Yuguda, Bafarawa, Haliru Bello and co not only spend days in prison but also were handed very stringent bail conditions.

Better days are ahead.

undecided
Like, they dont know they will be granted bail abi?

What am saying is we need more than just bail to cut
their strong feathers..

When i stole/embezzled #100k, charging me a bail of #100k will
never stop me from tryna stael more than that amount again.

I mean: collect the stolen money, collect same amount 2ce again.
and put a heartless rule if such reoccurs again!

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by smsshola(m): 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
This is judgement u stole 300million u were to pay 600million nice thumb up for that judge.

5 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
600m naira bail for 300m naira fraud.

I love this.

Good news.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by todayboy: 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
I just know that nobody will go to jail the tyrant president is just wasting time
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Masculity(m): 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
Sijo01:
Bail bail bail!!! When will they refund the stolen money Or is the bail money equivalent to the stollen money?........... Somebody clarify please.

Shine your eyes biko. Dat money is times two of what they st*** or borrow.

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by DropShot: 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
donTbone:

undecided
Like, they dont know they will be granted bail abi?

What am saying is we need more than just bail to cut
their strong feathers..

When i stole/embezzled #100k, charging me a bail of #100k will
never stop me from tryna stael more than that amount again.

I mean: collect the stolen money, collect same amount 2ce again.
and put a heartless rule if such reoccurs again!
Ol boy, they still have their dates in court. It's not like their cases have been swept under the carpet.

You think these stringent bail conditionas are easy to meet? You think they saw this coming?

This kind of bail condition will frustrate their life and they will beg for plea bargaining to even return the alleged stolen funds.

Think deep!

7 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by donTbone(m): 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
DropShot:

Ol boy, they still have their dates in court. It's not like their cases have been swept under the carpet.

You think these stringent bail conditionas are easy to meet? You think they saw this coming?

This kind of bail condition will frustrate their life and they will beg for plea bargaining to even return the alleged stolen funds.

Think deep!
OK..

WOuldnt wanna argue any further.
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by giantstrides(m): 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
The anti corruption crusade is not a mere joke, thumbs up to the current administration.

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by dustydee: 4:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
Haba, this is unfair. How much, compared to Dasuki did he allegedly collect?
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2016
Vomit what you eat for fredoom

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by adioolayi(m): 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
IGR season .....Our Court must male revenue that will cushion the effects of oil price slash grin grin
..abi now, #600Million just for bail o ga ooo

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by AbaGuyMan(m): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
Abeg who dey chop 'bail money'??

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by TerryMarshall: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
And that will be the end of it...
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by fm7070: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Both were charged for 300m, court is requesting 600m bail.
Somebody tell me that something is not behind it.
Good thing though, if they actually stole the money

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by omoiseselagba: 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
DONSMITH123:
A Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday granted bail to each of a former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party,Haliru Bello, and his son, Abba Bello‎, in the sum of N300m with two sureties in like sum.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed in a ruling on the accused persons’ bail applications also ordered that they should deposit their passport with the court‎ pending the determination of their trial.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday arraigned Bello and his son, accusing them of collecting about N300m meant for procurement of arms for political campaigns but was received from the Office of the National Security Adviser under the guise of using it for “safe houses”.

Also charged along with them is their firm, Bam Project Properties.

The judge in his ruling on Thursday, ordered Bello to remain under the supervision of the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, at the Abuja Clinic, where he is said to be treated for injury resulting from spinal surgery.

But the court directed that Abba be remanded in Kuje prison pending when both of them would meet their bail conditions.

The judge also ruled that one of the sureties that Bello should produce must be a director in the service of the Feder‎al Government or any of its agencies.

He ruled that the other surety must own property in Abuja worth the N300m bail sum.

With respect to the son’s bail, Justice Ahmed ruled that one of his sureties must be a federal civil servant not less that Grade Level 12 ‎and the other must also own property worth N300m in the Federal Capital Territory.

The judge ruled that the title documents of the property to be presented by the sureties would be verified by court officials and surrendered to the court throughout the period the trial would last.

The court fixed February 16‎ for commencement of trial.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/court-grants-ex-pdp-chairman-bello-son-n600m-bail%e2%80%8e/

Subject : Lassa Fever Virus Disease - Be Informed and Stay Safe

Date : Thursday, January 7, 2016

You may have seen recent media reports of confirmed cases of Lassa fever in Nigeria. Research also shows that the disease is also endemic in some West African countries like Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea, etc.

Lassa Fever is a virus, transmitted when a human comes into contact with an infected rat’s feaces, urine, or the bodily fluids of an infected human. The Mastomys Rat carries the virus. These rats breed rapidly and bear many offspring, increasing the potential for spread of the virus from rats to humans. Further, these rats are often found in human homes. Transmission through contaminated food is common, as the rats can leave excretions in food stores.

Symptoms
Symptoms show up anytime between one and three weeks after infection and include fever, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, facial swelling, protein in the urine, encephalitis, and mucosal bleeding.

Rapid Response Committee
The Federal Government has created the Lassa Fever Rapid Response Committee, whose goal is to control and prevent the spread of the disease. Public health officials have also asked Nigerians to stop burning bushes as this drives rats out of the bush and into nearby houses.

Fatality Rate
It is pertinent to mention that most people recover from Lassa fever. The fatality rate is one percent. However, there is a high risk of deafness even from the mildest of cases of the disease.

Preventative Measures
Staff are reminded of the need for meticulous hand washing and other enhanced hand/food hygiene practices, and to store food away from possible rodent contamination.

Be Informed and Stay Safe.

Thank you.
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by ojnnaco(m): 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
Airforce1:
600 million naira for bail alone
So how much did they loot/steal?
Political robbers delaying destiny of nigerian youths since 1960
God will give them all the punishments they deserve.
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by ojnnaco(m): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pls who dey chop this Bail money ? Habaaaa
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by TeamSimple(m): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
Some people still going to wail because they lack comprehension or naturally stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by deebsman1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
I think am in love with this new trend of bails running to hundreds of millions, at least collecting an average of 200 million from an average of just 20 of them alone runs into billions, something like 4 billion, at least another source of revenue for govt.
Also those still planning to steal will now be starting to have a rethink, cos wen u steal say 400 million and u are caught nd ur asked to come and return 500 million as just bail, not to talk of you returning the actual money stolen and also end up in jail, u head go correct.
Thou na nija we dey, this guy wey dem say make he pay 600million bail fit worth more than 100 billion, so still na small money.
And finally, hope they are actually collecting the bail monies from them and who is keeping it for the government??

4 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by aalabi: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
its okay... we are watching you people on 4D screen
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by MrDavidson: 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
This Judge's bail conditions are the stringent of all that have been given so far. I don't think they can meet this bail. Had the Judge that is trying Dasuki's case towed this path, Dasuki would have had to produce 3 former presidents to stand as sureties for him. Your guess is as good as mine: near impossible.

7 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by phlemzy: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
After they must have bailed themselves with N300m,the the money allegedly stolen by them should be collected back by EFCC.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by whitebone(m): 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
Buhari is working, Nigeria is moving!

Won o le bo nbe lai lai

4 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by nitt: 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
nice.
bail = 600million
charge for? = 300million

they done double the money sef!.

I love ds change.

carry on My PMB grin

6 Likes

Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
Crimes Commission on Wednesday night arrested a former military governor of Kaduna State and chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Lawal Jafaru Isa.
Jafaru Isa
Mr. Isa is the first chieftain of the APC arrested by the EFCC since the beginning of a sweeping probe into the alleged diversion of $2.1 billion meant for arms purchase by officials of the immediate-past administration.
Mr. Isa, Military Administrator of Kaduna State from December 1993 to August 1996 during the military regime of General Sani Abacha and one-time governorship candidate of the defunct CPC in Kano State, is a close friend of the embattled former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.
Mr. Isa, also a close political associate of President Muhammadu Buhari, was arrested at his Abuja residence located at Ajayi Crowther Street, Asokoro.
A witness told PREMIUM TIMES that operatives of the anti-graft commission invaded his residence around 9pm, and then whisked him away a few minutes later.
PREMIUM TIMES gathered that Mr. Isa, a retired brigadier general, was invited last week to appear before the commission on Wednesday (yesterday) to clear the air on “some questionable receipts” from the former NSA.
Investigators believe the retired soldier received over N100million from Mr. Dasuki.
Rather than honoring the invitation, sources said, Mr. Isa wrote a letter to the EFCC through his lawyer, seeking a postponement of his appearance date on the grounds of death of a relative.
Apparently dissatisfied with his excuse, the EFCC however arrested him to clarify the “questionable receipts”.
The spokesperson of the EFCC, Wilson Ujuwaren, could not be reached Thursday morning for comments on the arrest.
But a top official of the commission confirmed the development.
”He has been wasting our time, and we just have to pick him up for our investigation to continue,” the official said.
PREMIUM TIMES
TRENDING NOW
SaharaReporters.com is an outstanding, groundbreaking news website that encourages citizen journalists to report ongoing corruption and government malfeasance in Africa. Using photos, text, and video dynamically, the site informs and prompts concerned African citizens and activists globally to act, denouncing officially-sanctioned corruption, the material impoverishment of its citizenry, defilement of the environment, and the callous disregard of the democratic principles enshrined in the constitution.
CONNECT WITH US
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
WATCH US ON YOUTUBE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FEEDS
SAHARA REPORTERS
Re: Court Grants Bello And His Son Bail by busomma: 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2016
Very soon there will be nobody left to stand as suretie for these thieves at the rate sureties are being sort after in Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-rufai: Saraki Led Senate Is The Worst In The History Of Nigeria / Jos prison: Gunshots, teargas fired as inmates protest reduced food ration / Jonathan’s Support Groups Now 8,000 – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.