Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,770 members, 7,813,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Netflix Enters Nigeria, See The Winners And Losers - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Netflix Enters Nigeria, See The Winners And Losers (41713 Views)

Ndic – “digital Currency Trading Is Not Legal In Nigeria” See Why! / Nigeria Enters League Of Steel Exporters / Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Netflix Enters Nigeria, See The Winners And Losers by swagifted(m): 11:12am On Jan 08, 2016
Aspireahead:
Iroko TV watchout!
I think irokTv signed a deal with netflix some time ago..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Enters Nigeria, See The Winners And Losers by m3xy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
Yes we have the bandwidth to stream Netflix. Infact, infact I just watched a few mins of beasts of no nation and it didn't even buffer. I think the Netflix app for the iPhone is really optimized for streaming, yet still maintaining the quality.

moonraker:
Ahem

Does Nigeria have the bandwidth to stream Netflix without buffering??

Sorry, this is a legitimate question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Enters Nigeria, See The Winners And Losers by cococandy(f): 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2016
I've already deleted the app anyways because the wahala started a log time ago.
I don't turn on my VPN. I also used to stream directly.
Whatever though. I've given up on it.
VickyRotex:

Oh yea. I think I'm experiencing same challenge. It took longer time to stream the movies yesterday and even at that it dint load them completely, felt it's the network so I dint bother trying again.

Also, Ive always known there are some movies that wont load if there is/are no peer(s) streaming it at that moment.

Do you turn on your VPN? Cos I dont, I just stream directly.

I reside in Montreal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Enters Nigeria, See The Winners And Losers by moonraker(m): 5:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
m3xy:
Yes we have the bandwidth to stream Netflix. Infact, infact I just watched a few mins of beasts of no nation and it didn't even buffer. I think the Netflix app for the iPhone is really optimized for streaming, yet still maintaining the quality.

Righttt. Thanks for the info. I am guess it all boils down to cost of using that bandwidth..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Enters Nigeria, See The Winners And Losers by Fulaman198(m): 6:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
admax:
On a negative note: American Gayism and Lesbianism culture will now be fully integrated into the Nigerian culture as most American movies, reality shows and soap opera must those act. Since most Africans are reluctant to embrace homosexuality, this is a good avenue to brain-watch Africans. How can we escape this?

Don't watch those movies? American movies are not the only movies on Netflix. There are also movies from Senegal, Chad, Nigeria and other African countries as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Enters Nigeria, See The Winners And Losers by VickyRotex(f): 2:39am On Jan 09, 2016
cococandy:
I've already deleted the app anyways because the wahala started a log time ago.
I don't turn on my VPN. I also used to stream directly.
Whatever though. I've given up on it.

Hahaha. Lol. cheesy Eyah

I guess you'll just stick to Netflix then smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Enters Nigeria, See The Winners And Losers by masterpat(m): 4:28am On Jan 11, 2016
VickyRotex:

Did you try it outside Nigeria or In Nigeria?

Cos I signed up for mine outside Nigeria, but I used my GTB Mastercard and it was accepted.

Tried it inside Nigeria oh with my uba master card

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Enters Nigeria, See The Winners And Losers by VickyRotex(f): 4:35am On Jan 11, 2016
masterpat:

Tried it inside Nigeria oh with my uba master card

I guess that's the reason. As at the time you tried it, it's not been allowed in Nigeria. But now it's allowed, you can try it again.

If it doesnt work, then probably it's your card.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians / Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting / Want To Stop Being Dependent On Monthly Salary? This Is A Must See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.