Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,039 members, 7,953,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:12 AM

10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother (12477 Views)

'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / "Where Is Your Mother?": Nigerian Mom Asks White Lady In Bikini On The Street / 10 Wonderful Reasons 2 Be Grateful 2 Mothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by moshoodn(m): 11:00am On Jan 08, 2016
My mum is an idol. . .

I am an "idol worshiper"!
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Laveda(f): 11:07am On Jan 08, 2016
I can't stop loving my mum embarassed
She's a friend and everything kiss kiss
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Bianda24: 11:08am On Jan 08, 2016
Mums are jewels. My mum is the best. Truly mum teaches everything a child knows. My mum was the brain behind my success. Her love was unconditional and she made me feel special. Since her demise, things are not the same but I take solace in her good deeds. I miss u mum. My advise: take care of ur mum while she is alive.
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Proudnigga(m): 11:17am On Jan 08, 2016
Every mother is a woman but not all women(those that gave birth,maltreat or throw away the babies) are mothers. If u have given birth and never did two third of what op listed then sorry u ain't no mother undecided

PROUD NIGGA
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by bumtos(m): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2016
Iya Ni Wura. Baba ni Dingi.
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 08, 2016
ikbnice:
[b]1. Your mother carried you for 9 months and sometimes even more ,bearing
pain upon pain.

2. During this time, she could not eat because of you! She could not sleep because of you!

3. When you were an infant, she spent every minute of her life looking after you!

4. She only slept when you slept, She only ate
after you had eaten!

5. She was patient and loved you even when you cried all night and when you cried all day !

6. She taught you how to walk, how to speak, how to eat, she
taught you how to live!

7. When you fall ill, she was the first to be up, carrying you and looking upon you with her heart!

8. She always cooks and prepared food for you !

9. She buys you whatever you ask for !

10. She loves you unconditionally !

These are just a few things that our Mothers do
for us; they do so much more of which we do not know about. However, one thing that your
Mother does for you, that nobody else in the world does, is that she worries about you from the bottom of
her Heart
.[/b]

cc lalasticlala

To slap you jus dey hungry me undecided

Did she buy me the ps1 and the bicycle then
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Proudnigga(m): 11:20am On Jan 08, 2016
1stolax:

To slap you jus dey hungry me undecided

Did she buy me the ps1 then
it should have been: to buy u what u need
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Laeroy(f): 11:21am On Jan 08, 2016
Each time everyone celebrates their mum, I always look for just one reason to celebrate mine but I cant find any.....My mum is a definition of what is called Wicked......Yes she's WICKED......And she can never change at 56 yrs......

3 Likes

Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Diamonddris(m): 11:22am On Jan 08, 2016
My mum is the best mum..

But someone also also carried her and passed 2ru all this stress too...

So, mummy love your mummy too
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Proudnigga(m): 11:23am On Jan 08, 2016
Laeroy:
Each time everyone celebrates their mum, I always look for just one reason to celebrate mine but I cant find any.....My mum is a definition of what is called Wicked......Yes she's WICKED......And she can never change at 56 yrs......
not all women are mothers.....PROUD NIGGA
Do ur best for her leave the rest to God
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by jeff1607(m): 11:24am On Jan 08, 2016
Laeroy:
seconded
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by wayodude(m): 11:24am On Jan 08, 2016
why 10 only?
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by onestepatatime: 11:26am On Jan 08, 2016
Even as you grow, she is there for, goes with in every step you take.
When grown she admonishes you, tries all she can to put you in right frame of mind and upbringing.
When you are married , Waooo you can' t finish counting her role in your home.
No one can replace her and her role.
God please keep my mummy for me in strong health smiley
I love her loads.
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by godinbed(m): 11:28am On Jan 08, 2016
whitestar01:
After all these some cowards will still panel beat their mama to pulp. Lord forgive them
hahahahahaha. Guy e clear say u de vex
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 08, 2016
What a sentimental bull crap.

Of course she choose to be your mother not the other way round. People should be good and nice to people because that is the right thing to do not based on some guilt feelings.

Of course your parents could choose to do otherwise but in the real sense of things they did it more for their own good than for the good of the kids. The thing is if they don't and you turn out 'bad' they will live with such burden for the rest of their lives more especially in a country like Nigeria where most parents retirement tickets and care during old age lies solely on the back of the children without any input from the government.

So my dear, trying to separate your mom's action from so act of 'self' defines every logic know to man, but like men that have come before us and those than will come after us pandering to sentiments and whipping up guilt is a sure way to get people do things.

Some will call for my head but before you start let me put it out there I am super nice to my parents but because of of all they did or didn't do but because that is the right thing to do.

1 Like

Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 08, 2016
ikbnice:
pain upon pain.

2. During this time, she could not eat because of you! She could not sleep because of you!

3. When you were an infant, she spent every minute of her life looking after you!

after you had eaten!

5. She was patient and loved you even when you cried all night and when you cried all day !

taught you how to live!

7. When you fall ill, she was the first to be up, carrying you and looking upon you with her heart!

for us; they do so much more of which we do not know about. However, one thing that your
Mother does for you, that nobody else in the world does, is that she worries about you from the bottom of
her Heart
.[/b]

cc lalasticlala

What a sentimental bull crap.

Of course she choose to be your mother not the other way round. People should be good and nice to people because that is the right thing to do not based on some guilt feelings.

Of course your parents could choose to do otherwise but in the real sense of things they did it more for their own good than for the good of the kids. The thing is if they don't and you turn out 'bad' they will live with such burden for the rest of their lives more especially in a country like Nigeria where most parents retirement tickets and care during old age lies solely on the back of the children without any input from the government.

So my dear, trying to separate your mom's action from so act of 'self' defines every logic know to man, but like men that have come before us and those than will come after us pandering to sentiments and whipping up guilt is a sure way to get people do things.

Some will call for my head but before you start let me put it out there I am super nice to my parents but because of of all they did or didn't do but because that is the right thing to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by oglalasioux(m): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2016
Does mothers include those that tried in vain to abort the pregnancy, those that dumped the babies after birth and those that sold theirs?
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Hustlerlomo(m): 11:45am On Jan 08, 2016
Ur mama na ur mama, my mama na my mama oooo.
I love my mum so so much.
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 08, 2016
Yes they re the best just like our fathers. But when will people start appreciating me for actually leaving my children world in heaven to come down to this stressful earth just to save my parents from embarrassment!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Excellentmind: 11:52am On Jan 08, 2016
What about the person who donates his sperm to give you life? Can mother nurture you when you are not existing? Without financial provisions, can mother bring you up in an acceptable way? Bravo to fathers!
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Pdizzle(m): 11:54am On Jan 08, 2016
I don't need reasons to be grateful to my mother.
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
Momma
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by itstpia8: 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
Pdizzle:
I don't need reasons to be grateful to my mother.

Thank you.

Is a faceless poster the one who will be telling somebody how to relate with their own mother, God forbid bad thing.
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by driand(m): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
ikbnice:
pain upon pain.

after you had eaten!

taught you how to live!

her Heart
.[/b]

cc lalasticlala
She deserves kudos for standing up to her responsibilities but someone else did all of that for her and you are going to do them for your offspring, so what's the fuss about.. Stop opening useless threads..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Folksyharry(m): 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
I agree with all the points. Mothers are the best.
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by kalufelix(m): 12:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
The day you make a certain deceision you've declared your willingness and readiness to accept the RESPONSIBILITIES that comes with whatever you have signed up for

Y'all should stop singing these praises please. she merely did what MUST be done
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Laeroy(f): 12:35pm On Jan 08, 2016
Proudnigga:
not all women are mothers.....PROUD NIGGA
Do ur best for her leave the rest to God
She doesn't deserve anything from me.....and somebody shld pls spare me d cock and bull story of how she carried me for 9 months , how she suffered to cater for my education and all dat jazz....if she wasnt ready to go thru all dat she shldnt av given birth to me, cos life already is full of Misery and pains....
And to think she's a deeper life bigot, sincerely she's worse than an infidel......
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
Laeroy:

She doesn't deserve anything from me.....and somebody shld pls spare me d cock and bull story of how she carried me for 9 months , how she suffered to cater for my education and all dat jazz....if she wasnt ready to go thru all dat she shldnt av given birth to me, cos life already is full of Misery and pains....
And to think she's a deeper life bigot, sincerely she's worse than an infidel......
it seems those ones are more wicked
Excellentmind:
What about the person who donates his sperm to give you life? Can mother nurture you when you are not existing? Without financial provisions, can mother bring you up in an acceptable way? Bravo to fathers!
Mothers are overated.
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
ikbnice:
pain upon pain.

after you had eaten!

taught you how to live!

her Heart
.[/b]

cc lalasticlala

thats all rubbish

why i say so

simple --- she choose to have me and being pregnant has its own effects and she choose to have me knowing that effects and responsibility

being pregnant and looking after your own child is choice one chooses

and we shouldnt black mail our kids saying i carried you 9 months etc, who was supposed to carry me ? when you you are the one who decided to have a child

the only person who can moan about carrying you 9 months etc is someone who got raped and fell pregnant, why becoz it wasnt her choice to have a child
Re: 10 Wonderful Reasons To Be Grateful To Your Mother by hormotoshor(m): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
I love you my mummy forever. May you live long to eat the fruit of your labour. Iyami Adunola

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Extra Lessons Really Necessary For School Children? / Which Insecticide (fleet) Has Worked For You Against Mosquitoes At Home / My Son Just Got A Girlfriend....Happy But Scared!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.