Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling (17207 Views)

Rats Invasion: Buhari Is The Worst President Ever - Mike Ozekhome / Buhari’s Minister Owns $43m EFCC Found In Lagos – Mike Ozekhome / #ObaOfBeninDeath: Mike Ozekhome Shaves Hair (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by 5starmilitant: 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
And some insane Nigerians keep say trash about jega's name been written in gold for conducting a credible election. Credible my foot......
Since after the election, it has been one court case to another on the whole country. Shame on jega/inec

1 Like

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by chokovirus: 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2016
Your proposition is analogous to allowing a rascal young man marry a lady he was caught raping just because he has started to show signs of repentance and is willing to marry her- though she detests him passionately. The jobless young man has also borrowed money to buy her some flashy clothes as a mark of repentance. Forget all those poor quality roads that are being constructed by nameless and faceless contractors at sum that Ikpeazu has refused to disclose. What happened to Julius Berger, CCECC and other reputable construction coys? Anyway just wait for Otti to take over and uncover the monumental fraud. the people's mandate must stand.
scantee:
Though i preferred Otti, but i think Ikpazu has started on a positive note and he should be given a chance/support to prove himself. All i want is good governance and rapid development in Abia state, as an Enugu indegen, i want all my neibouring SE states to be on top gear...in developing their states.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Ponponkon: 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
His opinion,
Ikpeazu is more interested in returning the illegal salary he received. The should hold the returning officer responsible for thier error.
Unfortunately tribunal is over
I think we should shirk from sentiments and face the fact. Ozekhome may be expressing his opinion in this matter, but the question that should be asked is: is his personal opinion in conformity with the provisions of the law? In this case, I think it is. He cited various sections of the electoral act to corroborate his position. If we are to apply our laws here, I think the court of appeal erred in law by nullifying the results of the three LGAs in Abia State

2 Likes

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Ponponkon: 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
GodpunishBuhari:

he is a pdp lawyer so I don't expect to say reasonable thing
So we should ignore facts and chase shadows simply because he is PDP lawyer?
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by nwadiuko1(m): 2:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
Trut:

Alex Otti is your Gov, you can cry and write grammar till eternity, Otti (Nwa Ohuhu) will still be your Gov.
otti cannot rule abia state.........quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Ponponkon: 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
Trut:

Alex Otti is your Gov, you can cry and write grammar till eternity, Otti (Nwa Ohuhu) will still be your Gov.
He cannot come outside the ballot box to rule me. I know my right and will defeat him at supreme court.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ponponkon:
I think we should shirk from sentiments and face the fact. Ozekhome may be expressing his opinion in this matter, but the question that should be asked is: is his personal opinion in conformity with the provisions of the law? In this case, I think it is. He cited various sections of the electoral act to corroborate his position. If we are to apply our laws here, I think the court of appeal erred in law by nullifying the results of the three LGAs in Abia State
What were the reasons given by the appeal court, I believe the were valid, let's wait for the supreme Court.
The returning officer put PDP in a very weak position.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by ShowYourCertificate: 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
A rerun should have been the right thing to order. All these judges sef. Anyway, I believe the Supreme Court would do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by cutekhalifa(m): 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ponponkon:
Appeal court has no constitutional basis to disenfranchise Obingwa Isialangwa north and Osisiomangwa voters. We are going to explore all legal means to secure our God given mandate. It is our right to vote.
ur God given mandate ? Okezie is he the governor of Abian's or Ngwa's , the reason of dis ur social outburst is 4u to have chance to destroy,invade and carted away valuable goods own by none ngwa's... I'm a living testimony of how ngwa people mal-treated good people of none ngwa because the masses chooses Alex otti against ikpeazu nwa afor, his rented thugs where enchanting war song like, oke oruna ngwa.... ( The share of governance has reach ngwa people) and ndi ohuhu ga ana ...( None ngwa's must leave the state) with these tell me the chances of him winning in supreme, when he is in support of what his brethren are doing in the name of government agent, the atrocities and thugly committed by his agent is unforeseen, almost 4 none ngwas died in the process while about 12people sustain serious degrees of injure, and thousands lost goods worth millions of naira in just 2days, and the governor did not show any remorse .... I have clear evidence of all these atrocities committed by okezie rented touts, one of my neighbor his car wind screen and bonnet where destroy, okizie rented thugs said the number of cars own by none ngwa's is getting out of hand and causing hold up, from ibadan/ngwa road to osisoma, how many ngwas own a Landed property their From ariria market, cemetery and new market(ahia ohuru) How many ngwa's are trader or shop owner in those mentioned notable market in abia, I heard how some ngwa touts block enugu/ph express road, disturbing motorist conveying people returning from their various villages from yuletide celebration, if not intervention of Army attach to ngwa high school, their will be serious and ungodly shedding of innocent blood for no cause, ikpeazu has loose out, his rented touts/thugs can resolve to kidnapping and arm rubbery as usual, this is what they are good at.... We need good governance in abia state, the tyranny is over, Thief TA orji dynasty is over, the time of political arm robbery is over... The commissioner of land and urban development under ikpeazu want to revoke original landing properties bought by none ngwa's... Your ancestors foolishly sold all ur lands and after the none ngwa build and develop the area, u come back to claim heard earn sweat of another man It can't happen.... We knew ngwa people as lazy bones never good people, and parasite, ikpeazu or whatever he said his name should step down... He is free to seek for redress in supreme court, after conciliation of 3LGA, PDP caucus in the state force the returning officer to announce the result in favor of PDP...the voters recording sheet bears umuahia stamp while the election took place in osisioma, ugwunagbo and obingwa... We should tell our selves the truth,... LONG LIVE Alex Otti

2 Likes

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Barrysleek(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
I don't no y the pple that kidnap this man didn't use him for...............
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by mekusboy4all(m): 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2016
Trut:

it seems u don't see with your eyes. illiterates will keep up making noise. fools will keep on deceiving themselves. the mandate of abia has been given to Dr.ikpeazu and heavens has made it so.

1 Like

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2016
What iam sure of is; alex otti won that election.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Ponponkon: 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
What were the reasons given by the appeal court, I believe the were valid, let's wait for the supreme Court.
The returning officer put PDP in a very weak position.
Ok, let's even assume that there is a precedence in Oshiomele vs osunbor and mimiko vs aganga and that The appeal court in owerri arrived at their decision based on the ruling of court of appeal benin akure divisions. In these cases,over voting was proved and the affected units cancelled

Now note that the cases I cited above came before the amendment of the current electoral act. In the 2010 electoral act as amended, the issue of the effect of any cancelled result in a constituency on the basis of over-voting is properly addressed. Please, let's not gloss over these fundamental changes. The appeal court judges erred in totality.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by danot1030: 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
This man has lost his relevance long time ago.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Ponponkon: 3:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
cutekhalifa:
ur God given mandate ? Okezie is he the governor of Abian's or Ngwa's , the reason of dis ur social outburst is 4u to have chance to destroy,invade and carted away valuable goods own by none ngwa's... I'm a living testimony of how ngwa people mal-treated good people of none ngwa because the masses chooses Alex otti against ikpeazu nwa afor, his rented thugs where enchanting war song like, oke oruna ngwa.... ( The share of governance has reach ngwa people) and ndi ohuhu ga ana ...( None ngwa's must leave the state) with these tell me the chances of him winning in supreme, when he is in support of what his brethren are doing in the name of government agent, the atrocities and thugly committed by his agent is unforeseen, almost 4 none ngwas died in the process while about 12people sustain serious degrees of injure, and thousands lost goods worth millions of naira in just 2days, and the governor did not show any remorse .... I have clear evidence of all these atrocities committed by okezie rented touts, one of my neighbor his car wind screen and bonnet where destroy, okizie rented thugs said the number of cars own by none ngwa's is getting out of hand and causing hold up, from ibadan/ngwa road to osisoma, how many ngwas own a Landed property their From ariria market, cemetery and new market(ahia ohuru) How many ngwa's are trader or shop owner in those mentioned notable market in abia, I heard how some ngwa touts block enugu/ph express road, disturbing motorist conveying people returning from their various villages from yuletide celebration, if not intervention of Army attach to ngwa high school, their will be serious and ungodly shedding of innocent blood for no cause, ikpeazu has loose out, his rented touts/thugs can resolve to kidnapping and arm rubbery as usual, this is what they are good at.... We need good governance in abia state, the tyranny is over, Thief TA orji dynasty is over, the time of political arm robbery is over... The commissioner of land and urban development under ikpeazu want to revoke original landing properties bought by none ngwa's... Your ancestors foolishly sold all ur lands and after the none ngwa build and develop the area, u come back to claim heard earn sweat of another man It can't happen.... We knew ngwa people as lazy bones never good people, and parasite, ikpeazu or whatever he said his name should step down... He is free to seek for redress in supreme court, after conciliation of 3LGA, PDP caucus in the state force the returning officer to announce the result in favor of PDP...the voters recording sheet bears umuahia stamp while the election took place in osisioma, ugwunagbo and obingwa... We should tell our selves the truth,... LONG LIVE Alex Otti
All the thrash you spewed does not in anyway change the fact that UkwaNgwa has the largest voting block in Abia. Previous election results keep pointing to that. That Otti promised to defect to APC is not a justification for the court ruling. Th Attorney General of The Federation has this empty ruling in mind when he asked judges to stop giving kangaro judgements. I trust the supreme court to restore the faith people have on judiciary by upturning this monumental fraud called verdict of appeal court.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ponponkon:
Ok, let's even assume that there is a precedence in Oshiomele vs osunbor and mimiko vs aganga and that The appeal court in owerri arrived at their decision based on the ruling of court of appeal benin akure divisions. In these cases,over voting was proved and the affected units cancelled

Now note that the cases I cited above came before the amendment of the current electoral act. In the 2010 electoral act as amended, the issue of the effect of any cancelled result in a constituency on the basis of over-voting is properly addressed. Please, let's not gloss over these fundamental changes. The appeal court judges erred in totality.
That is why I said let's wait for the verdict of the supreme Court, am not a lawyer but I know that the legal system in nigeria is filled with a lot of loopholes, the better manipulator will win that case. Although I still believe PDP is coming from an extreme angle of weakness
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by giftedben: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
cutekhalifa:

i was almost killed by Ngwa people they were throwing stones at us.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
cutekhalifa:

In as much as there are a lot of misguided people within okezie's camp, it will be wrong to generalise those atrocities on the ngwas, A lot of ngwa men are in otti's camp too. Otti is a self acclaimed ngwaman, and as you rightly said this is about who can give better governance, not where the person is from.
Please remove emotions from your argument or you will be seen as no better than those you are antagonising

2 Likes

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by andyanders: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
Good. Okezie should continue.Our judiciary should be careful on issues like this

1 Like

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by giftedben: 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ponponkon:
All the thrash you spewed does not in anyway change the fact that UkwaNgwa has the largest voting block in Abia. Previous election results keep pointing to that. That Otti promised to defect to APC is not a justification for the court ruling. Th Attorney General of The Federation has this empty ruling in mind when he asked judges to stop giving kangaro judgements. I trust the supreme court to restore the faith people have on judiciary by upturning this monumental fraud called verdict of appeal court.

and how populated are Ngwa's there. think before you leap. Foreigners are populated all over your lands and they all are voting for alex Otti. Even if a rerun was done under heavy security Alex Will still win. I will like to see your face when that happens. foolish ngwa's
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
giftedben:

and how populated are Ngwa's there. think before you leap. Foreigners are populated all over your lands and they all are voting for alex Otti. Even if a rerun was done under heavy security Alex Will still win. I will like to see your face when that happens. foolish ngwa's
That was uncalled for

1 Like

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by nedu666: 3:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
ikpeazu should forget this one. first abians dont even like him. second otti will deport to apc. by 2019 every gov will be in apc. so no need for presidential election. buhari will not need tinubu help, south west propangada or osinbanjo. na another term straight. then after hand over to either his son or el rufai. tinubu has mis calculated big time
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by coldubako(m): 3:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
Although I'm indifferent, but the kind of judgment from our courts these days is always contentious.

No landmark judgment anywhere. One thing is obvious. Our judges have taken sides. Some are Apc, some are PDP. Some want to align with the president so that they won't be accused of not supporting the fight against corruption etc.

The confidence of the people in our court is reducing so fast.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
coldubako:
Although I'm indifferent, but the kind of judgment from our courts these days is always contentious.

No landmark judgment anywhere. One thing is obvious. Our judges have taken sides. Some are Apc, some are PDP. Some want to align with the president so that they won't be accused of not supporting the fight against corruption etc.
[s]
The confidence of the people in our court is reducing so fast.
[/s]
That is highly debatable,
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by cutekhalifa(m): 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
giftedben:

i was almost killed by Ngwa people they were throwing stones at us.
these was done by okezie rented thugs.... The car belong to my neighbors.... Some miscreants from ngwa was hulling all manners of dangerous weapon to us...telling us to goback to our home state

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
cutekhalifa:
these was done by okezie rented thugs.... The car belong to my neighbors.... Some miscreants from ngwa was hulling all manners of dangerous weapon to us...telling us to goback to our home state

That car, the background doesn't look like a Nigerian landscape.
That crowd could be any demonstration,
Am not saying you are lieing but does pictures dont do your post justice.
For the record am pro Otti and proudlyngwa

1 Like

Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by nwadiuko1(m): 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
giftedben:

pls be guided accordingly.......foolish ngwas? be careful
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by cutekhalifa(m): 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ponponkon:
all ur skewed excuses is not enough to stop the court of appeal verdict, the rule of law must be prevail, u said ur so called ukwa ngwa always produce block result in previous election... Can we revisit 2006 census... Are u telling me obingwa has more population density than aba south and north Orji uzor kalu use that LGA to rig, TA orji follow suit, but this time around is not going to work for ikeazu... The returning officer stated that, those affect LGA where mal by irregularity and electoral malpractice b4 PDP caucus persuade him to announce the result in favor of ikpeazi... Okezie should not worry Alex otti is going to handsomely settle him well... His ASEPA chairmanship is still vacant... grin grin make him go prepare his hand over speech b4 DSS bundle him out of that government house
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by betterABIAstate: 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ikpeazu lost, Otti won, even an online election will show that.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by Rudolfchris(m): 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ponponkon So we should ignore facts and chase shadows simply because he is PDP lawyer?

The sun set yesterday on Peoples Democratic Party's (PDP) Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, as he was sacked as Osun State governor by the Court of Appeal The Justice Clara Binta Ogunbiyi-led five-man appeal tribunal, in a unanimous decision on the appeal filed by Rauf Aregbesola, the Action Congress candidate in the contentious April 14, 2007 governorship election, nullified Oyinlola's election and ordered that the appellant be sworn in as the duly elected winner of the poll.

The court verdict was greeted with wild jubilation by the teeming ACN supporters in court and the news sparked off excitement as it filtered into the state and Ibadan, seat of the court.

The court cancelled elections in 10 of the 30 local governments in the state, where the AC candidate alleged there were over-voting, ballot stuffing and failure to announce the results at polling centres, among other electoral irregularities, as well as intimidation of the voters by the thugs sponsored by the Oyinlola-led PDP.

It held that Aregbesola won the majority votes in the remaining 20 council areas after doing the tally of the ballots in these areas.

Specifically, the five wise men said the ACN candidate scored 198, 799 votes, as against Oyinlola's 172,880.

They therefore, ordered that the Certificate of Return issued Oyinlola by the Independent National Electoral Commission in 2007 be withdrawn and given to Aregbesola, who they declared had satisfied Section 179 (2a and b) and 147 of the Electoral Act.

In the four-hour 37-minutes judgment read by Justice Ogunbiyi, and supported to by Justices M. L. Garba, P.A. Galinge, C. C Nweze, and A. Jauro, the court chided the lower tribunal for validating the election of Oyinlola, despite the avalanche of substantial evidence and exhibits presented by Aregbesola's counsel, saying that it failed to evaluate the preponderance of evidence adduced, thereby displaying jaundiced view on the whole matter.
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by baralatie(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
MediaDeveloper:
LAW should not be used in error.
Judgement should not be by error
Re: Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling by jacksonite: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
dridowu:
Election nullified in favour of APC, He (Mike Ozekhome) complained
Now Nullify in Favour of APGA , he Still Complain
If nullified in favor of KOWA, he will still complain.
No wonder , he wails alot.
Is he supposed to be a zombie like you? He is learned for your information and he treats each case according to its merit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNICEF Doctor, 4 Nigerian Soldiers, 3 Aid Workers Killed By Boko Haram / CCT Chair Truly Answerable Only To Presidency, Says NBA / It Is Settled , The Presidential Election Will Be Declared Inconclusive.see Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.