Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths (11033 Views)

Middle Belt Youths Give Herdsmen Quit Notice To Vacate Region Before October 1 / We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics / Oil Blocks Owners; 88% Are Owned By Multinationals Not Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by malton: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2016
chuose:

you sure that Niger go call themselves middlebelt?
no be Niger wey IBB come from, wey be 100% islamic?
Does religion now determines which region one should belong to?
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Elnino4ladies: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2016
Proud igede from benue state...am not a northener.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Godjone(m): 11:00am On Jan 09, 2016
Kyase:
I'm tiv and I'm a NORTHERNER
i am idoma and a middle belter

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Kyase(m): 11:16am On Jan 09, 2016
Godjone:
i am idoma and a middle belter
your choice
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by karfe(m): 11:17am On Jan 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Please Middle beltans, where and where makes up middle belt?

karfe:
Middle Belt Areas are:

Niger State
Plateau State
Nasarawa State
Benue State
Taraba State
Adamawa State
Kogi State minus Yagba East, Yagba West, Mopa Muro, Ijumu and Kabba / Bunu LGA's
Northern Kwara - Baruten, Kaiama, Edu and Pategi LGA's
Southern Kaduna
Southern Kebbi
Southern Bauchi
Southern Gombe
Southern Borno

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by OperationIgrigi: 11:30am On Jan 09, 2016
coolzeal:
Karma is a nasty little b*tch.. Any region or tribe that shed the blood of the Easterners during the war will receive their wrath in abundance. You can't escape the law of nature.

**grins** Let them continue to be used as pawns by the hausa/fulani in the next hundred years all their towns will be fulanized and their languages die off to give way hausa. I really don't pity them. **grins**

6 Likes

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by NakedEve: 11:52am On Jan 09, 2016
arewafederation:

What about Niger,Nassarawa,Kogi, and Kwara states?

@NakedEve, it's a pity that you guys are like bats, neither birds nor mammals.
The middle belt endowed with the most natural resources in Nigeria, but unfortunately the most underdeveloped region because you all don't know where your problems lie. You keep blaming the far North but I wonder;
Do you know the Middle belt have produced the most presidents than every other region?

Do you know the middle belt have had more control of the country during the military era than most part of the country?

With the likes of Gowon, T.Y Danjuma, Jerry Hussein, David Mark, who are/were major movers and shakers of this country, why do you think it's the Hausas that always hold you down.

My dear you need to look inwards for the solution to your problems. Breaking off from the North or being called a MIDDLE BELTAN is not the solution to your problems, but having purposeful and determined leadership.

lol.
lies.
U wanna turn it around right?
U guys r a major problem of we the middle belt.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by NakedEve: 11:55am On Jan 09, 2016
Okanokan:

Apc candidate Buhari is from the North and Hausa/Fulani while the Pdp candidate Jonathan is from the south, pls check the result of the Presidential Election result in the so-called Christian Middle-Belt how they voted?, they voted thier own Buhari, even the bitterness of against fulani herdsmen did not change thier Northerness.

lol.
Buhari had only a large following in Plateau State shikena.
Google na ur brother, ask am.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by NakedEve: 12:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

To me I see middle belt as middle living creatures neither here nor there

The election proved it

In the Middle belt cities because of high economic turn over and development by Nidigbo, the aborigines of those cities love Nidigbo.
We see a clear difference between them and backward Hausa. You can't even compare.
They sell heavy goods but Hausa sells in kiosks.
They build wonderful structures but Hausa's will prefer to live in dirty settlements.

But alas our villages r still pro Hausa but things r changing because of this Fulani incursion into our homeland.
Many of our village Youths have begun to see them for who they r and r having pro-igbo tendencies.

10 Likes

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by NakedEve: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
christopher123:

To me I see middle belt as middle living creatures neither here nor there

The election proved it

In the Middle belt cities because of high economic turn over and development by Nidigbo, the aborigines of those cities love Nidigbo.
We see a clear difference between them and backward Hausa. You can't even compare.
They build wonderful structures but Hausa's will prefer to live in dirty settlements.

But alas our villages r still pro Hausa but things r changing because of this Fulani incursion into our homeland.
Many of our village Youths have begun to see them for who they r and r now having pro-igbo tendencies.

We in the MB call the Igbo Merchants of Light.

6 Likes

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Ezemust: 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Please Middle beltans, where and where makes up middle belt?

pls wat is south south?

7 Likes

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by NakedEve: 12:13pm On Jan 09, 2016
OperationIgrigi:

**grins** Let them continue to be used as pawns by the hausa/fulani in the next hundred years all their towns will be fulanized and their languages die off to give way hausa. I really don't pity them. **grins**

The problem with we in the MiddleBelt is that we have adopted Hausa language as our common language.
How do we give it up now?
Some of us have stopped speaking Hausa in our villages right now n we don't allow them enter our villages again.
We have made sure our children communicate in either our local language, pidgin or English.
We hope it spreads.
The reason y the Hausa-Fulani find it easy to permeate our regions and cause havoc is because we have a common language.
If we stopped speaking Hausa, they will be forced to abandon their language, learn English(and thru that make them come in contact with Western Concepts packed in the English language thus becoming deradicalized) or go back home from whence they come from.

Unfortunately many of our MB youths r not even on nairaland.
They can't even browse not to talk of logging into nairaland for them to see this my proposition.
Many of them thru blood ties r in one way or another connected to Borno empire but if Niger delta can seperate themselves from Igbo whom they r closely related to, likewise we can separate ourselves from Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri.

I strongly believe things will get better.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:18pm On Jan 09, 2016
karfe:

Thanks
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2016
NakedEve:

The problem with we in the MiddleBelt is that we have adopted Hausa language as our common language.
Some of us have stopped speaking Hausa in our villages right now n we don't allow them enter our villages again.
We have made sure our children communicate in either our local language, pidgin or English.
We hope it spreads.
The reason y the Hausa-Fulani find it easy to permeate our regions and cause havoc is because we have a common language.
If we stopped speaking Hausa, they will be forced to abandon their language, learn English(and thru that make them come in contact with Western Concepts packed in the English language thus becoming deradicalized) or go back home from whence they come from.

They can't even browse not to talk of logging into nairaland for them to see this my proposition.
Many of them thru blood ties r in one way or another connected to Borno empire but if Niger delta can seperate themselves from Igbo whom they r closely related to, likewise we can separate ourselves from Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri.

Point of correction, Niger Delta tribes are not closely related to the Igbos. We all have different ancestory, whether Ogoni, Ijaw, Urhobo, Benin, Itsekiri etc. Please, be guided
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by NakedEve: 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Point of correction, Niger Delta tribes are not closely related to the Igbos. We all have different ancestory, whether Ogoni, Ijaw, Urhobo, Benin, Itsekiri etc. Please, be guided

Kk.
But some r indeed related to Igbo even anciently.
eg Efik, Ijaw.
No need to deny it.
We know and its not a crime.
Down here we have people closely related to Kanuri and HausaFulani but we choose MB as our name because of Islamic incursion.

3 Likes

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by advocates: 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
I am Idoma from Enugu state. I neither consider myself a northerner or from the middle belt. Nigeria is all on my mind and nothing more.

We should never give in to the antics of this Igbo sadist who will invade every thread on regional basis to cast aspersion between brothers.
I live in the north, and I so much love northerners ( Hausa and Fulanis alike), good people to live with. Take religion rascality away from the Hausa man, and you have simple, down to earth people. Little wonder why Igbos, despite the undefined hatred for the north, can't find a place as harmonious and business friendly as the north.

How could you hate a people so much, yet you have almost 1/3 of easterners scavenging there for their daily livelihood? Nobody sent you to pick arms against a sovereign state, better still an intolerant Nigerian military. The consequences are always unimaginable.

I understand that the Fulani's carnage in the middle belt is a cause for concern and maybe reason why the Middle belt frontiers are making this frantic statement, but we shouldn't give occasion for Igbo haters to make ridicule of this noble call, since they have proved over the years, their desperation to tear the very fabric bonding this nation.

If for anything, I considered myself a northerner.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2016
NakedEve:

Kk.
But some r indeed related to Igbo even anciently.
eg Efik, Ijaw.
No need to deny it.
We know and its not a crime.
Down here we have people closely related to Kanuri and HausaFulani but we choose MB as our name because of Islamic incursion.
Stop talking what you don't know. The Ijaws have no same ancestral lineage with the Igbos. You can patronise the igbos without making silly assumption. We are neighbours just as we are with Yorubas(in Ondo), Itsekiris and Urhobos(in Delta), Binis and Esans(in Edo), Ibibio(in Akwa Ibom), Ogoni, ikwerre and others (in Rivers). Ijaw is a distinct ethic group that has no "close" ancestral relationship with anybody. I don't care whether you want to break from hausa/fulani but don't drag Ijaws/SS into your scheme.

As for Efik, that's lame but I won't speak for them.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by DiademSh07: 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
betty202020:
have U forgotten how Awolowo ate rat poison and died because of fear of arrest?
Ojukwu is the worst though, the pathetic transgender who fled to Abidjan while 3mil of his people got suyanised yet came back to contest in the same Nigeria! He eventually died as an slowpoke!
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Stingman: 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2016
cheruv:
Theres nothing like middle belt!

But there is something like Niger Delta? Night Thief

3 Likes

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Biafrarep(m): 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
NakedEve:

Many of our village Youths have begun to see them for who they r and r having pro-igbo tendencies.
Despite the fact that MB joined forces with the Hausa/Fulani during D 1966 pogrom & 1967-70 civil war against the Igbos, I still sympatize with u guys, believe me, d Fulanis, right from the time of Dan Fodio & Ahmadu Bello til now see u as conquered people, what is going on now is ethnic cleansing & it will get worse with d southward push of d sahara. If U dnt unite fight back, u all will be killed.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by NakedEve: 12:54pm On Jan 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Stop talking what you don't know. The Ijaws have no same ancestral lineage with the Igbos. You can patronise the igbos without making silly assumption. We are neighbours just as we are with Yorubas(in Ondo), Itsekiris and Urhobos(in Delta), Binis and Esans(in Edo), Ibibio(in Akwa Ibom), Ogoni, ikwerre and others (in Rivers). Ijaw is a distinct ethic group that has no "close" ancestral relationship with anybody. I don't care whether you want to break from hausa/fulani but don't drag Ijaws/SS into your scheme.

As for Efik, that's lame but I won't speak for them.

U don't know?
U think that the whole Ijaws r one?
For your information some Ijaws don't believe they r of the same stock with the whole group.
Many believe they r descended from Israel from the tribe of Zebulon n through that r closely related to the Igbo who r from Judah n other Israelitic tribes.
Don't deceive urself brother.
Who gave u the right to even speak for all Ijaw.
R u a traditional head? mtschew.

For ur information some in the Middle belt(some part of Berom n some other parts of the MB) see themselves as descendants of Jews too.
They even see Igbo's as their kith n kin since many in these groups claim Abrahamic descendant.
But what is currently holding us together is that we all r in the MB.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Stingman: 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
Okanokan:
You are Northerners, enough of this separatist mentality. The last election prove that Northern Nigerian is one.

...and the Last election showed that the SS and SE are not one. Daylight mumu
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by advocates: 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2016
NakedEve:

We hope it spreads.

Who made you a spoke person for MB? You even claim most of them can't surf the net, like what? When you described middle belt, which state are you referring to? To the best of my knowledge, folks in Benue don't understand Hausa language and also large percentage of Igalas and Kabas from Kogi state. When it comes to education, I am yet to see anyone from Southern Kaduna, to Benue, to Kogi who is not a graduate. Very few among the young people are not into school.

With the various signatures here, how could you draw a conclusion to insult a whole region that they are not into the internet. The MB I know are not as egocentric and clannish as the igbos to reveal their tribal identities.

Next time you make certain assertion, please speak for yourself and the state you come from.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by DiademSh07: 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
NakedEve:

U don't know?
For your information some Ijaws don't believe they r of the same stock with the whole group.
Many believe they r descended from Israel from the tribe of Zebulon n through that r closely related to the Igbo who r from Judah n other Israelitic tribes.

For ur information some in the Middle belt(some part of Berom n some other parts of the MB) see themselves as descendants of Jews too.
They even see Igbo's as their kith n kin since many in these groups claim Abrahamic descendant.
What's this one saying?
If you know nothing, shut up and stop stinking the thread with stupidity!
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2016
NakedEve:

U don't know?

It is clear that you are an ignorant Igboman. No Ijawman has ever called himself an israeli jew. WTF?

Which Ijaw will say he/she is not Ijaw? Is it your phantom Ijaw? You are talking nonsense my guy. Go get resources and read!

I don't care what middlebelt call themselves! Stop talking rubbish mr man...

I blame myself for even quoting you! I
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by NakedEve: 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2016
advocates:
Who made you a spoke person for MB? You even claim most of them can't surf the net, like what? When you described middle belt, which state are you referring to? To the best of my knowledge, folks in Benue don't understand Hausa language and also large percentage of Igalas and Kabas from Kogi state. When it comes to education, I am yet to see anyone from Southern Kaduna, to Benue, to Kogi who is not a graduate. Very few among the young people are not into school.

With the various signatures here, how could you draw a conclusion to insult a whole region that they are not into the internet. The MB I know are not as egocentric and clannish as the igbos to reveal their tribal identities.

Well u r right.
I rarely see many of my brothers and sisters online and that's y I just assumed we aren't online.
Am sure the MB that will be online r Benue and those closer to the south.
Every time I am online its only Igbo Yoruba and SS I find everywhere.
Where my brothers go hide sef? undecided

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
advocates:

Don't mind that ignorant man. I figured his ignorance when he said "some Ijaws see themselves as jew". Can you imagine the nonsense? Saying that middle beltans have no access to internet is more of an insult to the zone.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by NakedEve: 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

It is clear that you are an ignorant Igboman. No Ijawman has ever called himself an israeli jew. WTF?

Which Ijaw will say he/she is not Ijaw? Is it your phantom Ijaw? You are talking nonsense my guy. Go get resources and read!

I don't care what middlebelt call themselves! Stop talking rubbish mr man...

I blame myself for even quoting you! I

Wow!
Now I know I am talking with an Ignorant bunch!
Keep on deceiving urself.
U absolutely know nothing!
R u even sure u r Ijaw?
U don't know there r Zebulonitic clans among the Ijaw?

Hahahaha.

We in the MB have all your histories.
We know everything!

8 Likes

Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by advocates: 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
DiademSh07:

What's this one saying?
If you know nothing, shut up and stop stinking the thread with stupidity!
Imagine what she's been spewing all day.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
I have a friend from Benue, idoma to be precise and she call herself Northerner.
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
NakedEve:

Wow!
Now I know I am talking with an Ignorant bunch!
Keep on deceiving itself.
U absolutely know nothing!
R u even sure u r Ijaw?
U don't know there r Zebulonitic clans among the Ijaw?

Hahahaha.

We in the MB have all your histories.
We know everything!
No be only Zebulonitic clan na Ishmaelite clan. Where is this Zebulonitic clan located Mr igontantus?
Re: We’re Not Northerners- Middle-belt Youths by NakedEve: 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
These people do not know that DNA studies done on some Ijaw clans show that they are related to some Zebulonitic Israeli clans.
This has been found on the Y-Chromosomes on.specific areas that code for blood types.
Go and do ur research!
Some Ijaws r Zebulon!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ita Enang Reveals Oil Blocks Owned By Northerners (2013 news) / Talk Edo Initiative Unveils Agba, Urges Him To Run For Edo Governor In 2024 / Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.