Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick (1745 Views)

GEJ Seeks Two-year Tenure Elongation Ostensibly To Create New Constitution, / Reuben Abati On Tenure Elongation (before Before) / Gej Sends Tenure Elongation Bill: "i Had No Shoes : " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2006
Tenure Elongation Or What?

What does president obasanjo think he is doing with his latest skill of state of emergency?

I think it's another name or dress for tenure elongation. What do you think?
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by streetcyph: 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2006
Disturbing Legal Facts On The Political Situation In Nigeria.

People, do not say i did not call this! obasanjo is trying to rule nigeria past 2007!!

people, if you do not know, currently on-going in nigeria is another 3rd term plot. "How?", you may ask, but here's the explanation.

the constitution, in part II, section 305 (3) a-f stipulate when the president can declare a federal state of emergency;

c) there is actual breakdown of public order and public safety in the Federation or any part thereof to such extent as to require extraordinary measures to restore peace and security;

d) there is a clear and present danger of an actual breakdown of public order and public safety in the Federation or any part thereof requiring extraordinary measures to avert such danger;

this is what is going on at the moment. a state of emergency has been/will be declared in the following states in the upcoming weeks

1. anambra
2. ekiti
3. oyo
4. plateau
5. enugu
6. rivers
7. delta
8. zamfara
9. lagos (according to reliable sources)
10. 3 or for other states

constitutionally, the president only needs 1/6 of the states [that is, just 5 states] to be in a state of emergency, for him to delcare a NATIONAL state of emergency. the implication of this is an extended tenure for the president,

people, do not say i did not call this! this man is trying to rule nigeria past 2007!!
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by streetcyph: 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2006
uppin, what is your take on this?
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by streetcyph: 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2006
it really seems like this is what obj is planning.

what role do we play in stoppin this madness? it is no co-incidence that all of a sudden governors are facing the axe
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by OBJ3(m): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2006
what will make people hapy on this earth? what? can someone tell me?haba.
if they were left u'll say corruption. they are hunted u say elongation. hey, na wa o
fastidious vipers angry
idiots angry
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by Odeku(m): 5:39pm On Nov 13, 2006
Corruption is an issue that has to be dealt with in Nigeria, all this governors need to be cooling their heels in KIRIKIRI eating cold beans and rice. Tenure elongation accusation is barbaric on the other hand. BABA IYABO said he is leaving and we all should stand by that statement. what more does he have to do to convince people? some of this governors like DARIYE have been elusive like IBB for a long time and its time for justice and we will leave no stone unturned in bringing them to book.
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by dennylove(m): 8:07pm On Nov 13, 2006
ODEKU, i  can feel your PAIN,and am in support WIT YOU, i will take your complain to ASO-ROCK tommorow,just take things  coooooooooooool,EVRYTHING GONNNA BE FINE. grin grin grin
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by saintchux(m): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2006
If Nigerian can pursue IBB out of the office, If Nigeria can make Abacha restless. Obasanjo a bloody civilian case is like moi moi. I am waiting for May 29 2007 and he did not remove his bloody ass from Aso rock, then his case will be worse than Abacha. TENURE ELONGATION WILL NOT WORK, WE ARE NOW AWAKE.
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by Odeku(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2006
people just talking, BABA IYABo is going back to OTTA FARM
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by lioness(f): 10:02am On Nov 17, 2006
undecided
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by McKren(m): 5:26pm On Nov 21, 2006
God bless you Odeku.

Obasanjo has said time and time again he is leaving in 2007, not sure what Nigerians want. The truth is that some people are trying to rise to power on the anti-third term platform. I personally think such people pose a greater danger than OBJ. Anti-third term slogan is a smokescreen to cover there impunities.
Thanks to all those who fought on our side during third term war but being anti-third term will not make people who have a track record of corruption to be credible candidates in 2007.
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by Mariory(m): 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2006
Yep pretty much. The opposition has no other way of capturing the attention of Nigerians than to claim third term.
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by streetcyph: 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2006
nobody is claiming anyhting.

i mean, are you lot blind? jeeez
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by lioness(f): 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2006
cool help help i cant see
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by africanboy(m): 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2006
hmm
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by streetcyph: 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2006
lioness:

cool help help i can't see

thats the problem with you nigerians. "help i cannot see"? u all fold ur arms and watch while our country is torn to shreds. then you faceless cowards will be screaming on the internet for democracy. help i cant see. u represent almost 100 million nigerians with your ignorance. help i cannot see. *hisses*
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by McKren(m): 3:49am On Jan 01, 2007
streetcyph:

nobody is claiming anyhting.

i mean, are you lot blind? jeeez

This is the problem with all these guys in Atiku and IBB camp, if they don't tell you you are blind they say you are gullible or can't you see?. Well am not suprised that was how Micheal Howard of Britain kept on asking "are u thinking what we are thinking?" until election passed nobody in britain wished to think what he was thinking.
The Nigerian public will not see what Atiku is seeing because he is a directionless person who has nothing else to show except to claim he is Democracy personified such  that if he does not emerge President then democracy has been truncated.
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by streetcyph: 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2007
ah im not in atiku's camp oh!

my support lies with patrick utom!
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by Johnny(m): 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2007
Nothing!!

this is what is going on at the moment. a state of emergency has been/will be declared in the following states in the upcoming weeks

1. anambra
2. ekiti
3. oyo
4. plateau
5. enugu
6. rivers
7. delta
8. zamfara
9. lagos (according to reliable sources)
10. 3 or for other states

Were you not taught that names of places and people start with capital letters? You were only quick to post your lies, prophecy of doom and pessimism. Your so-called reliable sources are nobody but hunters, farmers and frustrated politicians in the bush. Common sense should tell you that it is never possible for states of emergency to be declared in more than ten states before the end of this administration.  Be wise.
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by lioness(f): 10:11am On Feb 07, 2007
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by donnymikky(m): 11:38am On Feb 07, 2007
Were you not taught that names of places and people start with capital letters? You were only quick to post your lies, prophecy of doom and pessimism. Your so-called reliable sources are nobody but hunters, farmers and frustrated politicians in the bush. Common sense should tell you that it is never possible for states of emergency to be declared in more than ten states before the end of this administration. Be wise.

My brother some people even believe State of Emmergency could be declared in all the 36 States including the FCT.!!
Re: OBJ Tenure Elongation Via 'State Of Emergency' Trick by hppyromz(m): 7:26am On Oct 02, 2018
https://december2018calendar.info/
http://december2018calendar.com
http://publicholidays2018.net/
I JUST BOUGHT THIS NEW SAGEM PHONE MY-S7 AND I HAVE TRYING TO ACTIVATE MY GPRS AS WELL AS MY MMS, DOES ANYONE IN THE HOUSE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PHONE,WORSE MY MANUAL AND MANUAL CD ARE ALL IN FRENCH SO U CAN SEE I AM IN A FIX, REMEMBER THE PHONE SAGEM MY-S7 NOT MY-X7

(1) (Reply)

N230 Billion Niger Delta Road Contracts Awarded Without Design / Open Letter Of Complaint On E-passport Exploitative Charges Abroad / Zik And Balewa Conspired Against Awolowo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.