Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,934 members, 7,838,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria (1358 Views)

Lai Mohammed Lists 5 Recent Fake News In Nigeria / Reasons Why I Never Believe Any Initiative By The Nigerian Government / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by mastercee(m): 7:27am On Jan 09, 2016
Last night at about 8:30pm, I alongside my neighbors heard a loud bang which shook the walls of our lodge but momentarily thought nothing of it. A couple of minutes later, our gateman (whom we assumed was at his station - our gate obviously) returned claiming it was a bomb explosion and he had seen dead bodies on the floor, coupled with limbs belonging to various victims of the said explosion which took place just a little less than 200 meters away from our place of residence.

There was no way I was going to spend the night in the same place where such had happened nearby, so I could either relocate temporarily or confirm the incidence myself. Of course, I did the latter, with only a torch in hand and my alertness system as companions. On getting there, one could see motorists still plying the various routes and that was my first point of negation of a bomb explosion. Moving further, I saw onlookers and by-standers and being the illiterates I knew them to be, decided to ask the policemen surveying the site what had happened.

Apparently, a particular shop where petrol and gas were being sold was the source of the explosion.

CAUSE: Overheating.

DID ANYBODY DIE? No.

WERE THERE LIMBS LITTERING THE STREETS? No.

According to the policeman, the men of the fire brigade responded promptly and had the situation under control. They obviously did.
I rode through the same place on a motorcycle this morning and saw that the roofing of the affected shops had been repaired and business was said to resume in few days.

MORALE OF THE STORY:
1. Our gateman is a complete idiot.
2. People like him (plus internet access) are the ones who feed Sahara Reporters and their kin with all sorts of fallacious news (without authentic pictorial evidence) in a bid to incite public outrage against the government.
3. You are what you believe.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by ammyluv2002(f): 7:30am On Jan 09, 2016
Lol....I love dis grin cheesy

The gateman sha cheesy grin cheesy
Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by espn(m): 7:39am On Jan 09, 2016
@ OP d Gate man is a certified idio.t.. a professor emeritus of idiot.s for dat matter! U should have asked him to go bring one of the limbs he saw! Smh!

2 Likes

Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 7:49am On Jan 09, 2016
Nice one OP....nigerian journalism is trash..na juts money they look for,not facts...yeye

1 Like

Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by Applaner: 8:03am On Jan 09, 2016
K
Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by hahn(m): 8:12am On Jan 09, 2016
This is actually a Nigerian thing. We treat every aspect of our lives based on assumptions and fairy tales. Our curiosity has been clouded by fear, the "god did it" factor, our village people or some other nonsensical explanation. It is truly annoying undecided
Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by DaBullIT(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2016
Iroyin

Eleje

Bloody news angry grin
Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by tooth4tooth: 4:33pm On May 11, 2020
grin
Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by tooth4tooth: 4:42pm On May 11, 2020
A couple of minutes later, our gateman (whom we assumed was at his station - our gate obviously) returned claiming it was a bomb explosion and he had seen dead bodies on the floor, coupled with limbs belonging to various victims of the said explosion which took place just a little less than 200 meters away from our place of residence.

MORALE OF THE STORY:
1. Our gateman is a complete idiot.

Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by gistpartner: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
This is the basic truth about the life we live right now. What you see is not always what you get
Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by dgitrader(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2020
except for the bashing of Sahara reporters, nice writeup.
Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by austine4real(m): 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
angry

Fake news will surely sets the country ablaze someday
Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by PIMPAR: 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2020
I have long ago learned not to believe information / news from people again. They tend to add salt/ pepper/ Maggi to their information
Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by IamWonderful: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
It has been our character in Nigeria to run when not been chased
Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by orion7: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
Your gate man sha oooo cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: This Is One Of The Reasons I Rarely Believe Any News In Nigeria by gasparpisciotta: 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
True.
Naija and fake news are 5&6
You wonder between the truth and their twisted versions and you are like whaddafuuck?

(1) (Reply)

See What President Buhari's Breakfast Looks Like Everyday / Nigeria Seriously Broke! / Read What Nigerian Army Did To 250 Men For Missing Parade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.