Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. (34525 Views)

APC Is A Failure, Has Lily-Livered, Weak Leadership; IPOB Must Be Curbed - Sagay / If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay / Time To End Senate Impunity – Falana On Ndume’s Suspension & Sagay’s Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by Montaque(m): 5:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
Okuko yuo aruru, Ana a chuba ya oso.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by ACM10: 5:22pm On Jan 09, 2016
I bet that the so-called Sagay is Barcanista

6 Likes

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by dokiOloye(m): 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2016
Only d guilty are afraid.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by IgrigiKillandGo: 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2016
**grins** The fowl farts and runs from the ground. What exactly is chasing Sir-gay? Why is he now begging for a debate. Did his government soldiers give the victims of onitsha protests the avenue for a balanced debate? Did any of pro-nigerians honour kanu's challenge when he challenged any of you for a debate on TV, radio or any media of your choice? Instead of debating with him you arrested and tortoured him and held him against court orders? Now you dey beg for debate. The comment you made will keep haunting you until you pack your bags to daura. Nobody is chasing you buddy, just the ground that you walk on. **grins**

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by betty202020(m): 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
sunnyb0b0:
Constitutional lawyer and Chairman of the Presidential Committee on Anti- Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN) has raised alarm over what he called the insults and death threats he has received from Igbo people for expressing his opinion on the renewed agitation for Biafra republic during President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.

Speaking with Daily Independent on Saturday, the erudite legal practitioner said rather than threatening him and the peace of the entire country, those who have contrary views to his should engage him in a debate and present their views in a civilised and refined manner.

Sagay, who said he stood by his comments that the the Igbo having lost out at the federal level decided to resurrect Biafra so as to get appointments they don’t deserve under Buhari  also added that he will not take the threats lightly because according to him “they have serious security implications”.

“All I did was expressed my views on a national issue. If they have contrary views, they should come forward with it instead of using abusive words particularly threatening people’s lives. Infact, they are not only threatening me but the entire country that we shall see what happens whenever they start whatever they are planning”.

” It is a very irrational process and environment in which to operate. I thought we were engaging in a debate”.

“Little did I know I was dealing with desperadoes who will not tolerate any other views that are not consistent with theirs in their headlong determination to cause confusion in the country. It is very sad”.

“I won’t take the threats lightly because most of the things said to me has serious security implications and I will do something about it” he said.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2016/01/sagay-alleges-threats-life-comment-biafra/
to hell with U. in as much as U open ur mouth to spew trash and insult a whole tribe, U have to open ur ears and eyes to hear and read the insult. Had U wanted to have a debate, U could have organize an interactive debate as a govt functionary, pay any TV station of ur choice, call BIAFRA agitators for live debate. u started insult and be ready for it.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by Ribaman(m): 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
Are we sure Itse Sagay actually granted this interview? Let us not wake up and hear that he has denied all of these words.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by reuben79: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2016
Sagay should forget abt igbos matter...igbos ar too small to be threatin sagay or nigerians.igbos ar minority in dis country,dey ar noise maker.another topic pic

4 Likes

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
Lalasticlala, what do you think about this? Is it a false alarm?
Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
Sagay said the truth. Those threatening him will soon join Nnamdi Kanu where he is
Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by maduxs: 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
Then keep. Quite
Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by adesegun121(m): 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2016
Dem dem
Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by Nicepoker(m): 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2016
So what should we do.
Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by tete7000(m): 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
Igbos short-changed themselves? So the minority Igbos who voted Buhari too don't deserve anything? Wisdom does not necessarily come with volumes of book read.

5 Likes

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by Yanks101: 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
reuben79:
Sagay should forget abt igbos matter...igbos ar too small to be threatin sagay or nigerians.igbos ar minority in dis country,dey ar noise maker.another topic pic
If igbos that are spread all over Nigeria are minorities, then there are no majorities in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
****. Four days after he has not denied. He said he stood by his comments and said he has received threats, you are still talking about whether he actially said so. ****
Ribaman:
Are we sure Itse Sagay actually granted this interview? Let us not wake up and hear that he has denied all of these words.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by zubby007(m): 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
ernesty20:
**** what's wrong If we wanna stay on our own?? worst come to worst FG shud pass vote of confidence and u will see we all Igbos wanna b biafrans. ****

7 Likes

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by omogin(f): 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
Now I know that money and power makes most blacks mad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by vale20: 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
The reality of South-East marginalization 2
BY OUR REPORTER ON JANUARY 8, 2016 OPINION
President Muhammadu Buhari’s first media chat since assumption of office on May 29, 2015, held on Wednesday, December 30 with its high and low points. The programme was well anchored and the president’s performance was somehow good. I commend the panelists for asking probing questions on security, economy and disobedience of court orders in the case of former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) and Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Director of Radio Biafra as well as the South-East marginalization by past and present Federal Government.
I would have been disappointed if the session had ended without a question on Kanu and South-East marginalization, which is also regarded as Igbo marginalization. I salute the esteemed members of the team for their professionalism, especially Ibang Isine of Premium Times, for asking questions that provoked the response that led to this article.
I want to take the president on his pretence of the legendary South-East marginalization since after the Nigeria-Biafra war in January 14, 1970. Buhari wants to know who is marginalizing the South-East (Igbo) and the extent of such marginalization. He also said that his administration has not marginalized the zone in appointments by naming some of his ministers from the South-East and South-South to justify his claim. This is my humble attempt to prove to him that past administrations, including his current one, have marginalized the South-East zone.
The history of South-East marginalization started with Gen. Yakubu Gowon’s creation of 12 states to weaken Gen. Emeka Ojukwu’s resistance to his regime in 1967 before the declaration of Biafra and the commencement of the bitter Nigeria-Biafra war that lasted from 1967-1970. Though Gowon’s 12 states structure had a sense of equity between the North and South of Nigeria at six states per zone, it denied the South-East majority states in the Eastern region as was the case for Hausa and Yoruba in the Northern and Western regions respectively.
At independence in 1960, the nation stood on three regional arrangement or tripod of the North, East and West. The North has Hausa as its major tribe, the East, Igbo, and the West, Yoruba. Upon attainment of Republican status in 1963, the Midwest region was created by Act of Parliament.
Nobody complained about the regional structure in which the entire North was one region while the South was divided into three regions probably because it was an era of true federalism where each region controls its resources and pays a stated proportion of its revenue to the central government.
The regions were almost semi-autonomous unlike the present unitary federalism, a hang-over of military despotism. While the Hausa remains the only major tribe that was in one region, the Yoruba and Igbo had the misfortune of having members of its stock in the North and Midwest regions respectively.
Even under the extant six geo-political zones structure, the Yoruba and the Igbo are the only major tribes with tentacles in North-Central and South-South. There are significant number of Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi States and Igbos in Rivers and Delta states.
Gowon’s 12 states ensured that the South-East, the heart of Biafran revolution, was lumped into one state called the East Central State, while the Eastern Region minorities were carved into two states of Rivers and South Eastern State. This was the beginning of the marginalization of the South-East (Igbo).
Gowon did not stop there. He ensured that some oil-bearing Igbo areas were ceded to Rivers State. When the late Gen. Murtala Muhammed carved Nigeria into 19 states in 1976, the South-East became two states of Imo and Anambra. Thus, Muhammed gave the South-East one out of the seven states he created. It was Gen. Ibrahim Babangida that rose to address the South-East marginalization by giving us additional two states of Enugu and Abia out of eleven states he created. At that time, the zone needed three states to level up with others. The late Gen. Sani Abacha also gave the zone one state, Ebonyi, when he created six states. Therefore, the South-East has suffered undue marginalization in the state creation structure of Nigeria because at each epoch, it will be less than the other zones. Under the present 36 states structure, which ought to give each zone six states apiece, only the South-East has five and the North-West seven.
In the arbitrary distribution of the nation’s 774 local governments, the South-East has the least. The entire North had 419 local governments while the South had 355. The zonal distribution of local governments is North-West (186); North-Central (115); North-East (112); FCT Abuja (six); South-West (137); South-South (123); and South-East (95). Why was the South-East given 95 when other zones got over one hundred?What is the name of this lopsided structure of Nigeria if not marginalization? Since appointment of ministers, recruitment into the civil service and security agencies and admission into unity schools, federal higher institutions and revenue sharing is based on states and local governments the South-East has been overtly marginalized due to having the least number of states and local governments in the federation. How many Police Commissioners and Military Commanders are from the zone?
Take a look of former heads of government of Nigeria and how many are from the South-East and for how long? If the 36 states structure is based on equity, the South-East would have six ministers from Buhari as constitutionally guaranteed. The South-East has no presence in Buhari’s other appointments despite promises of balancing. In fact, there is no South-East presence in Buhari’s government despite the fact that some of them staked their lives for his election.
The South-East is not in the security apparatus of the present government as represented by heads of security agencies. It is not among Buhari’s 39 appointments. If these do not represent marginalization, what else? Can the government name any industry or military institution that is located in the zone? The federal roads in the zone are in their worst state. The second Niger Bridge has been on the drawing board of all administrations since 1999. What has happened to the River Ports in Onitsha and Oguta? Can Buhari address the infrastructural lacuna in the zone? There is no way Nigeria can develop with the structural injustice against one zone. The 2014 national conference made far-reaching recommendations to address the South-East structural marginalization and others in the country.
That is the issue the Buhari administration should address and not the pretentious denial of South-East marginalization. The South-East marginalization is real. It is neither a myth nor a fiction. The zone’s 45 years of marginalization is behind the protests by MASSOB and IPOB. Keeping Kanu in detention despite court orders for his release will further fuel the agitation than quench it.
What will solve the nation’s myriad problems is the restructuring of the country and the need to run fiscal federalism and not the current unitary federalism. True federalism will take care of states and local government creation as well as population census that has always been problematic.
The South-East is not asking for any preferential treatment in Nigeria but for equity and a level playing ground for all the federating units. Nigeria can only develop and achieve its manifest destiny when merit is enthroned in its socio-economic spheres.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
I don't believe this. angry
Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by tommykiwi(m): 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
See face abeg! Dis ur face na.....
Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by KELVINXY: 7:47pm On Jan 09, 2016
“All I did was expressed my views on a national issue.

ok now it's ur right to express ur franchise right? undecided
while u castigate igbo's for expressing their?

sentimental bigot angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by duwdu: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
sunnyb0b0:
Constitutional lawyer and Chairman of the Presidential Committee on Anti- Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN) has raised alarm over what he called the insults and death threats he has received from Igbo people for expressing his opinion on the renewed agitation for Biafra republic during President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.

Speaking with Daily Independent on Saturday, the erudite legal practitioner said rather than threatening him and the peace of the entire country, those who have contrary views to his should engage him in a debate and present their views in a civilised and refined manner.

Sagay, who said he stood by his comments that the the Igbo having lost out at the federal level decided to resurrect Biafra so as to get appointments they don’t deserve under Buhari  also added that he will not take the threats lightly because according to him “they have serious security implications”.

“All I did was expressed my views on a national issue. If they have contrary views, they should come forward with it instead of using abusive words particularly threatening people’s lives. Infact, they are not only threatening me but the entire country that we shall see what happens whenever they start whatever they are planning”.

” It is a very irrational process and environment in which to operate. I thought we were engaging in a debate”.

“Little did I know I was dealing with desperadoes who will not tolerate any other views that are not consistent with theirs in their headlong determination to cause confusion in the country. It is very sad”.

I won’t take the threats lightly because most of the things said to me has serious security implications and I will do something about it” he said.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2016/01/sagay-alleges-threats-life-comment-biafra/

If by "...and I will do something about it," you mean that you'll provide all evidences to, and alert the relevant agencies of Government for them to asses and drop or further pursue the situation as they will deem necessary, then that will be the right and proper thing to do, Professor.

P34c3
Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 09, 2016
Instead of making public announcement and you wanted a debate then I suggest you should go ahead and start the debate, silly man with federal selfish ambition.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by duality(m): 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
That sagay of a man don't know when to stop being divisive.

if we really want to heal this country, the statement by sagey should be condemned by all.

Only the wise know what I'm saying.

12 Likes

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by DeviIhimself: 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
[s]
adesegun121:

moniker koo... Cashniker ni...
[/s]

lie nsi ebea

1 Like

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by doctokwus: 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
These idiots are giving peace loving Ibos a bad name. I wonder how it came to this.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2016
KELVINXY:
“All I did was expressed my views on a national issue.

ok now it's ur right to express ur franchise right? undecided
while u castigate igbo's for expressing their?

sentimental bigot angry

He is a lawless lawyer and He is seeking for federal pocket money

3 Likes

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by Excellentmind: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2016
You really deserve more than a death threat for leveling such a weighty allegation against Igbos, out of the frustrations you have found yourself in Nigeria. Your recent outburst has more than meet the eye as Igbos are not the cause of your frustration and yet you choose to attack them out of hatred.

8 Likes

Re: Anti-Igbo Comments, Sagay Alleges Threat To Life, Raises Alarm. by Anayordike(m): 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

“I won’t take the threats lightly because most of the things said to me has serious security implications and I will do something about it” he said.

I think say the man get liver, never know he is a COWARD. No be same man wey he denied ever granting an interview to a Daily Tribune Newspaper reporter and made the poor guy loose His job ?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Can’t Sell Myself To Pay Salaries, Fayose Tells Striking Workers / Federal Road Safety Officials Sitting In An Open Van (Pics) / Sokoto To Replace Almajiri With Indonesian Pondok Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.