Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,351 members, 7,839,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? (4594 Views)

“boyfriend That Can't Be Paying His Girl N100k As Salary, Is Not A Boyfriend” / Man Takes Lady Out To The Movies, Goes On Twitter To Rant, Her Response Is Epic / Best Times To Ask A Lady Out And Get A Yes Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by JanuaryTempest(f): 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
Leriebloom:

Tnk u
I cld tell it wsnt mainly bcoz he was moved or overwhelmed with emotion, he wanted sth more, frm d way he spoke he made it pretty obvious.

Yeah, hence I'm saying you must have touched him emotionally, moved him, reason he took that brave step & asked you out despite his embarrassing position infront of your eyes. IDK but I feel it came from a very grateful place. Good samaritans or good people in general are hard to come by nowadays, so when you do meet one, it's like an angel descended from the heavens. And you're female to boot. He must have thought "wife material" or whatever.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
sickstars:

Its not more yaba left
Its now yaba phase 2 grin
Seems you've been going there. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
PushMusic:

Seems you've been going there. grin

Yes any problem

There are lovely people there too grin
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
sickstars:

Yes any problem
There are lovely people there too grin
Chai! I always knew. I could pay you a visit anytime I come around. grin
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by vani86: 11:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
Whats d difference with that and a girl who went to an eatery with a guy, after eating demamds for take away.

I like d dudes confidence
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
PushMusic:

Chai! I always knew.
I could pay you a visit anytime I come around. grin

cry cry cry cry

M too broke to b paid a visit

tongue
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
sickstars:

cry cry cry cry

M too broke to b paid a visit

tongue
Isn't it a government owned facility? Everything should be free, maybe except drugs. Anyways, that used to be my hood years ago. I used to live somewhere around e-center. cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2016
PushMusic:

Isn't it a government owned facility? Everything should be free, maybe except drugs. Anyways, that used to be my hood years ago. I used to live somewhere around e-center. cheesy

grin happy for u o

But criosly I dont want to kno all dis
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Leriebloom(f): 11:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
ronald4lif:

Hmmm you're just being presuppositional and aren't certain his advances was designed to take advantage of your charitable gesture. Asking you out after offsetting his tfare doesn't imply he's baleful.

Has it occurred to you that your rare act of benevolent towards him, especially as a lady, might have ensnared you to his heart and his intentions were genuine?
I rly dnt read mind,so i wldnt be able to know if his intentions were genuine. I must hav gotten it all wrng. True. But not all guys intentions are usually genuine. For me, first impression rly matters alot. And my first impression about him wasnt gud. so u wnt blame me.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
sickstars:

grin happy for u o

But criosly I dont want to kno all dis
Just saying I know my way around that place just in case you need visitation. tongue
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
PushMusic:

Just saying I know my way around that place just in case you need visitation. tongue

No thank u smiley i pass
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 09, 2016
sickstars:

No thank u smiley i pass
haha! You'll be so lonely with your crazy friends/patients. grin
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2016
PushMusic:

haha! You'll be so lonely with your crazy friends/patients. grin

Tank u smiley we are happy nd lonely
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Leriebloom(f): 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2016
JanuaryTempest:

Yeah, hence I'm saying you must have touched him emotionally, moved him, reason he took that brave step & asked you out despite his embarrassing position infront of your eyes. IDK but I feel it came from a very grateful place. Good samaritans or good people in general are hard to come by nowadays, so when you do meet one, it's like an angel descended from the heavens. And you're female to boot. He must have thought "wife material" or whatever.
True sha. I shouldn't blame the guy.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by ronald4lif(m): 11:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
Leriebloom:

I rly dnt read minds, so i wldnt be able to know if his intentions were genuine. I must hav gotten it all wrng. True. But not all guys intentions are usually genuine. For me, first impression rly matters alot. And my first impression about him wasnt gud. so u wnt blame me.

You might not have got it all wrong though. Depending on how forward he was should determine your reaction and impression of him. Permit me to ask, did he make entries for a relationship on the spot or asked for your number?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Leriebloom(f): 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2016
ronald4lif:

You might not have got it all wrong though. Depending on how forward he was should determine your reaction and impression of him. Permit me to ask, did he make entries for a relationship on the spot or asked for your number?
He asked for my number. Said i was fine, quiet and nice. Saying things a guy attracted to a girl wld say, and he would want to see me again after which he asked for my contact.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by ronald4lif(m): 12:13am On Jan 10, 2016
Leriebloom:

He asked for my number. Said i was fine, quiet and nice. Saying things a guy attracted to a girl wld say, and he would want to see me again after which he asked for my contact.

Hmmm he wasn't too forward then. He did no wrong for complimenting you and asking for your contacts. You too, did nothing wrong by rejecting his advances. It was just a normal case of a guy asking a girl out which happens all the time. Only difference is you weren't interested.

But we can't just conclude he had sinister motives as there are no grounds to corroborate any hidden intentions. Little acts of kindness attract us to people at times and which could lead us to want to know them better. And if it leads to a relationship then why not? There are no rules as to where and how we meet people for the first time.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Tolution1: 12:51am On Jan 10, 2016
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Tolution1: 12:51am On Jan 10, 2016
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by jabojafa(m): 2:01am On Jan 10, 2016
Leriebloom:

Tnk u
I cld tell it wsnt mainly bcoz he was moved or overwhelmed with emotion, he wanted sth more, frm d way he spoke he made it pretty obvious.
wz there any wrong for him to want something obvious? The guy may hv askd u to pay his tf not becos he didnt hv d moni bt probably he wantd to knw whether u hv a large hrt/giving spirit. And wen he saw it he jst went all out for d wooin. Anyway if i waz in his shoes i wudnt woo u immediately, highest i wud hv done waz to get ur digits and fix a date wit u. Well his wooin wz too quick and i dnt expect u to say yes cos u barely knw him and u might nt even like him at all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by obyrich(m): 7:19am On Jan 10, 2016
jabojafa:
wz there any wrong for him to want something obvious? The guy may hv askd u to pay his tf not becos he didnt hv d moni bt probably he wantd to knw whether u hv a large hrt/giving spirit. And wen he saw it he jst went all out for d wooin. Anyway if i waz in his shoes i wudnt woo u immediately, highest i wud hv done waz to get ur digits and fix a date wit u. Well his wooin wz too quick and i dnt expect u to say yes cos u barely knw him and u might nt even like him at all.
You spoke my mind. However, I think the guy did not woo her. He just paid her compliments on her looks and asked for her contacts. That to me is not wooing. He did what any grateful person would to do to anyone who showed them kindness.
@Lerieboom, he did nothing wrong. It was Rebecca's act of kindness that Abraham's servant used in singling her out for marriage to Isaac at the well. Happy Sunday.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Eveezy(m): 9:10am On Jan 10, 2016
I actually had a similar experience like dis, e fit be say did babe change d story sef. I boarded a bus, sitted next to a lady, she didn't interest me so I didn't boda talking to her, as d bus moved, she cracked a joke her self, I smiled nd said DTS funny, BT she kept on laughing nd even kept her head on ma shoulder, I looked at her wit d expression DT read "nd wat are u doin?" BT den I smiled again nd pretended like it was ntin BT still didn't talk to her, as I came down frm d bus nd decided to pay, she had quickly paid d bus driver nd said I shuldnt worry, nd I was like "no no, u dey try yab me?" she still insisted, so I decided to ask for her name, my ba3 was low so I gave my numba nd left, she later called sha. ma point is DT dis same lady wuld go bk to her frnds nd claim DT she paid for my fair nd I asked her out wen in reality it didn't even cross ma mind. or beta still, open a thread like dis
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 10:02am On Jan 10, 2016
Leriebloom:
So many people dont see this as nothing, i dnt see anything wrong in helping a stranger out. But today after entering a bus and meeting a guy who asked me to pay his transport (after which i did), this guy started asking me out. Inside a bus. After paying his transport. No shame. That's a real big turn off. So pls guys what do u think.
Why do I think the guy could afford his fare but was only trying to garner your attention by asking you to pay for him?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Leriebloom(f): 11:59am On Jan 10, 2016
Rumpelstiltskin:
Why do I think the guy could afford his fare but was only trying to garner your attention by asking you to pay for him?
Rly dnt knw.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Leriebloom(f): 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
Eveezy:
I actually had a similar experience like dis, e fit be say did babe change d story sef. I boarded a bus, sitted next to a lady, she didn't interest me so I didn't boda talking to her, as d bus moved, she cracked a joke her self, I smiled nd said DTS funny, BT she kept on laughing nd even kept her head on ma shoulder, I looked at her wit d expression DT read "nd wat are u doin?" BT den I smiled again nd pretended like it was ntin BT still didn't talk to her, as I came down frm d bus nd decided to pay, she had quickly paid d bus driver nd said I shuldnt worry, nd I was like "no no, u dey try yab me?" she still insisted, so I decided to ask for her name, my ba3 was low so I gave my numba nd left, she later called sha. ma point is DT dis same lady wuld go bk to her frnds nd claim DT she paid for my fair nd I asked her out wen in reality it didn't even cross ma mind. or beta still, open a thread like dis
Dont assume things you dont know.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by 7footre(m): 12:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
Lol.. The balls on that guy!
Big hairy ones grin
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by RedCapChief(m): 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
Leriebloom:

The hamster in a woman's mind is an amazing thing. Are you perturbed because he asked you out or because he asked you out after you paid his t-fare? In my head, I believe you created a bad impression of him because you paid his transport fare.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
Tolution1:

Check ya mail @PushMusic

I replied ya!
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Eveezy(m): 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Leriebloom:

Dont assume things you dont know.
well, am not assuming, am jst giving my own story nd giving wat could probably apen. no doubt, ur story culd be true nd yea I dnt see anything wrong in wooing a gal u teased to pay ur fare, I don't know how he asked u to pay BT I ve a feeling he probably teased u nd wen u responded he was interested in getting to know u, and BTW did he ask u out at d spot or wat?
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by tosyne2much(m): 10:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
Only if our ladies can reason logically

Often times, I have paid fare for ladies I barely knew without the intention of asking for their phone numbers or whatever. But in a situation like, if a lady pays my fare,
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by Cutehector(m): 10:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
Why will I ask a lady to pay my tfare not to talk of asking her out in a bus

Have I lost my sense of dignity?

Who just does dat! angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Lady Out After Paying His Bills? by tosyne2much(m): 11:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
When will our ladies start using their brains to think? I don't just get the morale of this story. So because you volunteered to help a dude pay his fare automatically puts him in a position to keep his mouth shut and be ashamed of himself ? If he paid your own fare all in a bid to woo you, I would have said his brain needs formatting but according to your story, you paid the fare of a stranded brother at your own discretion which is totally a different case

Often times, I have paid fare for ladies I barely knew without any intention of asking for their phone numbers afterwards; in fact, I won't even look at them twice. But in a situation like this, if a lady who barely knows me pays my fare, this rare act of generousity and kindness can ensnare her to me, hence, strike an inquisitive convo just to know more of her

TheSonOfMark and Ronald4lif, where art thou ?
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Not All Beautiful Girls Are Models; Some Are.....(pic) / Living With Your Boyfriend And Going To Church Together / OMG! This Lady Says Black Boys Can’t Handle Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.