Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Why Are Our Parents Like This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Our Parents Like This? (4423 Views)

4 Things Our Parents Should Stop Stressing On / Why Did Our Parents Marriages Last For Decades But These Days,marriage Collapse? / Top 10 Lies Our Parents Once Told. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 10, 2016
I grew up with my strict parents and I happen to be the only girl in the family. My parents were teachers as at the time I was growing up. Chai! You can imagine life with them. They monitor every damn thing about me. The way I dress, the type of friends I move with and my movements. What is boyfriend(I mean friend with a boy)
I did not have a relationship with my dad because of his strict nature. I thought admission into higher institution will gimme my freedom but did not turn out to be the kind of freedom I want. The fear of my dad's strict was always on my mind during my stay in school.
Now, something happened last week! My dad asked 'when are we meeting him?' I was like 'meet who'? So, my dad(a very strict man) can ask me about boyfriend? Really? I was taken aback!
I went to my mum and she asked 'don't you have someone you are dating right from start'? Chisos! I can't believe those are my parents talking to me about boyfriend.
Now, my question is why are they so strict and at the same time expect us to violate their rules? Are they not complicated? Why are strict parents like this?
Share your experience with your strict parents here please.
Happy sunday guys.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by robinicule(m): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2016
To me i think Its a kind of weird way parents use to show xtreme love, they dont want you misbehaving atall.. and you were probably really stubborn as i was. I remember when my mom use to wake me up in d midnight just to flog me cheesy and beg me when i wake d following morning...that woman sha

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Bisjosh(f): 7:11am On Jan 10, 2016
We need this on front page

Cc lalasticlala seun ati bebe lo grin

Thank God for my kind of parents. They weren't strict but balanced it. smiley

They never for once picked a cane to flog me.
But dad gave me a slap one day cos I threw his bible inside water(it was even a mistake). Few minutes later, he gave me money to buy goody goody grin grin

Happy Sunday guys, God is indeed wonderful wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by eightsin(m): 7:16am On Jan 10, 2016
Lala your presence is needed here.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by IamLEGEND1: 7:16am On Jan 10, 2016
in other words

You don dey turn to old cargo.

But if NL guys send you PM, u go still dey form posh

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 10, 2016
Atimes, their strict nature hlps to keep balance so we wont go out of the lane
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by brunofarad(m): 7:22am On Jan 10, 2016
Old age beckons
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 10, 2016
What front page? kiss
eightsin:
Lala your presence is needed here.
Bisjosh:
We need this on front page

Cc lalasticlala seun ati bebe lo grin

Thank God for my kind of parents. They weren't strict but balanced it. smiley

They never for once picked a cane to flog me.
But dad gave me a slap one day cos I threw his bible inside water(it was even a mistake). Few minutes later, he gave me money to buy goody goody grin grin

Happy Sunday guys, God is indeed wonderful wink
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 10, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
in other words

You don dey turn to old cargo.

But if NL guys send you PM, u go still dey form posh
Oh please!
Not again!
Why are you reading d 'back' of d thread?
Why don't u face d real question undecided
I'm just in my twenties, not desperate 4 a relationship not to talk of marriage.
So, back off dude nd answer d question.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by missdebs(f): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2016
the same people that warn you not to have bfs suddenly start pressurising you...in life there is time for everything

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by misspicy(f): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2016
lol cheesy

same thing with me and I wonder that are this people expecting the husband to fall down from heaven and ask for my hand in marriage?

they forget things are not done like the old days anymore,relationship needs time to bloom not guy see you,likes you and go and see your father like their case was.

Now,guy sees you,ask you out,check you out,takes his time,study you,waste your time,eventually see your father or leave you sef cheesycheesy

world have turn upside down

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by eightsin(m): 7:29am On Jan 10, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
What front page? kiss

The one you know... yes! That one
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
What front page? kiss
Satan be gone!!!
It's sunday bikonu
Back off dude
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by XtraSmooth404: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2016
Your dad monitored you while in school? undecided
Your case is strong o grin

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 10, 2016
adepeter26:
Atimes, their strict nature hlps to keep balance so we wont go out of the lane
exactly bro! I thank God I have them. I carry that 'strict face' of my dad everywhere I go.
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by misspicy(f): 7:35am On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
exactly bro! I thank God I have them. I carry that 'strict face' of my dad everywhere I go.
that strict face has more disadvantages than advantages

I think some Nigerian parents are too strict lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 10, 2016
They act strict because they care and when they start asking questions about their potential son-in-law, it's because they are getting tired of having you around tongue
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 10, 2016
misspicy:

that strict face has more disadvantages than advantages

I think some Nigerian parents are too strict lipsrsealed
It's balanced for me. It guides me in doing some stuffs
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
Yea. Cos if anything shld go wrng, people will say its the parents fault (lack of parental care & upbringing)... cool
But sha, strictness has its bad effect too wink
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by boboLIL(m): 7:44am On Jan 10, 2016
Nigerians Parents be like ** boys are evil at ur tender age** clocking 30 upwards.... **all these men aint good for you ehhh?***
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Mzdivacious(f): 7:45am On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
It's balanced for me. It guides me in doing some stuffs
obviously didnt balance shiit if u never dated n u in ur 20`s.affected u psychologically n saddest part is u dont even know it.

or maybe you are a deeper lifer
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by IamLEGEND1: 7:48am On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
Oh please!
Not again!
Why are you reading d 'back' of d thread?
Why don't u face d real question undecided
I'm just in my twenties, not desperate 4 a relationship not to talk of marriage.
So, back off dude nd answer d question.
Listen Patricia,e no matter whether na the back of the thread I dey read coz all na thread.

Stop to dey do face like stone everyday & you'll be better for it.e dey even show online.
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=Mzdivacious post=41833676]obviously didnt balance shiit if u never dated n u in ur 20`s.affected u psychologically n saddest part is u dont even know it.

or maybe you are a deeper lifer[/quote
I'm not a deeper lifer. Born and brought up in an Anglican way. Did I say I have never dated? Forget that one, girls will always be girls. Just face the real question I'm asking.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by mekonglobal(m): 7:53am On Jan 10, 2016
Anytime i'm recieving some hot cane from my mummy d next na to look for escape route, at any slightest chance i get oh mehn na 100m x 100m race oo cheesy disappear from my immediate environment, and d funnest thing is dat when its time for lunch or dinner as d case maybe, u will see her looking for me evrywhere and if she by anymeans sight me, she will start begging me to come home and hv my food, if i refuse! She will ask for me be bundle like thief by some matured guys around my hood and be brought to her. grin After i'm home, no more shakara, afterall hungry don wire me tire, i just dey form boss cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 10, 2016
IamLEGEND1:

Listen Patricia,e no matter whether na the back of the thread I dey read coz all na thread.

Stop to dey do face like stone everyday & you'll be better for it.e dey even show online.
***sighs***
I give up on u
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by IamLEGEND1: 8:04am On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
***sighs***
I give up on u
u give up on me?

we been dey date before? the strictness na ur cross to bear.....nothing konsyn us.
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 10, 2016
eightsin:

The one you know... yes! That one
no. It can't be, God forbid
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 10, 2016
mekonglobal:
Anytime i'm recieving some hot cane from my mummy d next na to look for escape route, at any slightest chance i get oh mehn na 100m x 100m race oo cheesy disappear from my immediate environment, and d funnest thing is dat when its time for lunch or dinner as d case maybe, u will see her looking for me evrywhere and if she by anymeans sight me, she will start begging me to come home and hv my food, if i refuse! She will ask for me be bundle like thief by some matured guys around my hood and be brought to her. grin After i'm home, no more shakara, afterall hungry don wire me tire, i just dey form boss cheesy
lol. Strict mama with love

1 Like

Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by kaziblake(f): 11:38am On Jan 10, 2016
I Remembered when my mum saw me talking to a guy..she slapped me right in front of him.
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 10, 2016
kaziblake:
I Remembered when my mum saw me talking to a guy..she slapped me right in front of him.
shocked
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2016
kaziblake:
na my dad do dat one for me. I no fit 4get dat slap. I still joke about that slap with the guy thou
Re: Why Are Our Parents Like This? by kaziblake(f): 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
HateU2:
na my dad do dat one for me. I no fit 4get dat slap. I still joke about that slap with the guy thou
Eeyah, that nigeria parent for you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jawdropping Cheerleader Wardrope Malfunction / 3 Slay Queens Joins The Groomsmen Squad On Wedding (photo) / You've Been Sleeping With Me For 10 Years, I Won't Leave - Woman Tells Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.