Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? - NYSC (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (74731 Views)

Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? / 8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by SC31(f): 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
Odunharry:

sure not everyone. BTW, are you ex corper, serving Corp member or pcm
I'm a pcm
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Odunharry(m): 9:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
rosalieene:
what you guys have been posting nau
don't get

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by DopeMonies: 9:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
Guys I've following this thread since Early Dis year....I've learnt a lot esp. ahead of my service year A16. I believe life gives us punches and b4 we can win, we av to maneuver and punch harder. I av nothing now and I av a dream of owning things and helping ppl. where I come from, nobody would help you Mk it in life cos dey believe life is a competition. I know my nysc year would b year of open doors and ma dreams would b reality. What defines a mans character is what he does when he has everything and how he manages when he has little.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by stephano100(m): 12:34am On Feb 15, 2016
sundayslim:
I served in 2013 and funny enough in kebbi state. During my NYSC, I made around 400 thousand naira aside my alawee.

Let me quickly explain.

1. I offered to assist fellow corps members to save their money (Cuz its hard not to spend it) and in exchange they pay me 1k per month. I had about 50 people patronizing me during NYSC.

2. I helped polytechnic students type their final year projects and assignments at cheaper rate. God blesses me and my boss in my ppa allowed me use the office printer for free so I was making around 10-15k per week from this.

3. I taught in a private school as side runs. I was favoured in the sense that I only come when I have a class and leave once I'm done. I was paid 8k per month from this.

4. I held private home lessons for primary school children near the house. God so kind, I was making 5k per child each month. We used to meet 3 times a week. I had about 3 children.

5. I built a wireless network to help NYSC in the state speed up their camp registration process. This really helped me a lot. I read a few things online and applied it to help NYSC and it worked. In return, I was taken to 2 camps as NYSC staff still as a corps member. Made 40k each time aside feeding expenses.

6. I taught computer courses to fellow corps members at 10-15k each. Was able to train about 6 corpers during my time.

7. As the key drummer in my CDS (dance and drama), I made some money every time we were invited to perform at events.

Those were the major activities I engaged in during my service year.

I went on to use the money to pursue professional certifications, and today I can proudly say I am a network professional with competence in Cisco, Microsoft, Comptia, Huawei and Mikrotik network technologies, as well as project management according to PMI.

Don't ever be discouraged. There are hidden blessings and countless opportunities in the most unlikely of places.

Wishing you success all through the year.
25th birthday on March 24, 2016. You are all invited.

Cheers.
men I love your versatility!!

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by stephano100(m): 12:37am On Feb 15, 2016
butanep:

Bros you try ooo. I served in kwara C14 @ oke Ero local govt. Na 68k I carry go house after hsc training n others things I bought. I follow woman shall, I went to party, I traveled a lot because the place was very boring and I never regreted my actions. I gave out to indegene too.

Kudos man.
I'm a PCM,I was given kwara on the fake CUL. I just wanted to know how u saved that much without state allawi, or u did sidejobs?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 6:50am On Feb 15, 2016
stephano100:

I'm a PCM,I was given kwara on the fake CUL. I just wanted to know how u saved that much without state allawi, or u did sidejobs?

I was doing side jobs. I organised private lectures for about three students. The pay was small but it was solving certain needs.

Kwara is not a state you will get enough money to save but standard of living is relatively cheap there. Food and houses are very cheap.

Peradventure you are posted to kwara, don't do anything to influence your posting to Ilorin ( the capital city) ooo, if not, you will kill yourself by yourself or even borrow money home.

Goodluck
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 8:34am On Feb 15, 2016
butanep:

I was doing side jobs. I organised private lectures for about three students. The pay was small but it was solving certain needs.

Kwara is not a state you will get enough money to save but standard of living is relatively cheap there. Food and houses are very cheap.

Peradventure you are posted to kwara, don't do anything to influence your posting to Ilorin ( the capital city) ooo, if not, you will kill yourself by yourself or even borrow money home.

Goodluck
thanks for the info
but how would u prevent been posted to baruten LGA and other dreaded LGAs . I learnt that kwara has just 15 abi 16 LGA
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 8:36am On Feb 15, 2016
butanep:

Goodluck
thanks for the info
but how would u prevent been posted to baruten LGA and other dreaded LGAs . I learnt that kwara has just 15 abi 16 LGA.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 8:39am On Feb 15, 2016
Odunharry:

don't get
yes now both excorps members and currently serving corp members have said so many things about kwara state
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Odunharry(m): 9:34am On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:

yes now both excorps members and currently serving corp members have said so many things about kwara state
what did they tell you about Kwara
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 10:09am On Feb 15, 2016
Odunharry:
what did they tell you about Kwara
generally, the state is a bad place to serve
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by stephano100(m): 10:29am On Feb 15, 2016
butanep:

Goodluck
thanks bro....surprised about the Ilorin part o, wanted my ppa there oo,anyway I know better now. it seem your also from uniben lol #greatestgbogbo!!!
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by stephano100(m): 10:31am On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:
lol..kwara palaver!
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by stephano100(m): 10:42am On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:

thanks for the info
but how would u prevent been posted to baruten LGA and other dreaded LGAs . I learnt that kwara has just 15 abi 16 LGA.
pls what did you hear about baruten LGA??
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2016
stephano100:

pls what did you hear about baruten LGA??
6 hours from illorin. they share border with Benin republic abi Niger republic can't really remember. no light there or even network. its mainly dominated by bene ppl. A thick rural area
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by stephano100(m): 11:33am On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:

6 hours from illorin. they share border with Benin republic abi Niger republic can't really remember. no light there or even network. its mainly dominated by bene ppl. A thick rural area
waaattf, now that's scaaryy, nysc should reset this thing abeg oo
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
stephano100:
lol I thought u were happy with it. they don't understand English some of them manage to speak pidgin. anyway people have gone there and survived. God will see us through
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 12:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
stephano100:

lol I thought u were happy with it.
they don't understand English
some of them manage to speak pidgin.
anyway people have gone there and survived. God will see us through
let's be realistic. many states are also like that even the Almighty cross river and akwa ibom. The only good places there are their towns. But entering their villages, some still live in mud huts as house. some places is very rare to see a single modern house. Igbos' rock jare, they try to develop their villages by building modern houses. Then tomorrow Yoruba ppl and other tribes would be saying "igbos and village" especially because they always travel home for festive seasons like Christmas. Of course who would want to spend Xmas in a mud hut.
#proudlyigbo
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by stephano100(m): 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:

lol I thought u were happy with it.
they don't understand English
some of them manage to speak pidgin.
anyway people have gone there and survived. God will see us through
let's be realistic. many states are also like that even the Almighty cross river and akwa ibom. The only good places there are their towns. But entering their villages, some still live in mud huts as house. some places is very rare to see a single modern house. Igbos' rock jare, they try to develop their villages by building modern houses. Then tomorrow Yoruba ppl and other tribes would be saying "igbos and village" especially because they always travel home for festive seasons like Christmas. Of course who would want to spend Xmas in a mud hut.
#proudlyigbo
nwannem nwanyi u're right o...#proudlyigbo
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Odunharry(m): 1:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:
lol.. maybe
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
Odunharry:
lol.. maybe
lol are you accepting it. as a serving corps member you supoz to give us hope nau
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Odunharry(m): 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:

lol are you accepting it.
as a serving corps member you supoz to give us hope nau
lols... don't just know what to tell.. I think I v said it all last year in B'15 thread but will still tell you nevertheless
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
Odunharry:

lols... don't just know what to tell.. I think I v said it all last year in B'15 thread but will still tell you nevertheless
ok.... am attentive
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Odunharry(m): 2:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:

ok.... am attentive
you want to do the questioning here? lol. ok

Anyway my experience..Kwara state govt doesn't Pay a dime. Getting to see Kwara state as my state of deployment dealt me a blow cos I never expected it and have heard some not so encouraging things about Kwara state from my friends who served there before me...
If you lucky, your Ppa will provide accommodation and payment for you but in mine case, no payment and no accommodation..
Kwara isn't as lively as Lagos state though but people I have met so far are nice trust me on this one..

Stayed in Ilorin and also the outskirts of Ilorin there isn't much difference though

Be rest assured that once you are coming to Kwara even after camp, there are some Corp members who will be willing to give you guys whatever assistance you may need in terms of accommodation, putting you thru clearance stuff etc etc

What else again??
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
Odunharry:

you want to do the questioning here? lol. ok

Anyway my experience..Kwara state govt doesn't Pay a dime. Getting to see Kwara state as my state of deployment dealt me a blow cos I never expected it and have heard some not so encouraging things about Kwara state from my friends who served there before me...
If you lucky, your Ppa will provide accommodation and payment for you but in mine case, no payment and no accommodation..
Kwara isn't as lively as Lagos state though but people I have met so far are nice trust me on this one..

Stayed in Ilorin and also the outskirts of Ilorin there isn't much difference though

Be rest assured that once you are coming to Kwara even after camp, there are some Corp members who will be willing to give you guys whatever assistance you may need in terms of accommodation, putting you thru clearance stuff etc etc

What else again??
ok thanks.
I would ask you once I have a question to ask again
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by fame4040(m): 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
COOL AMOUNT....WONT TELL IT
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by sundayslim(m): 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
stephano100:

men I love your versatility!!

Thanks. I am humbled.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Odunharry(m): 3:36pm On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:
ok thanks. I would ask you once I have a question to ask again
no wahala then.... just quote or mention.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
Your peasant #19800 allawee is not ment to be saved,you serving Corp members should enjoy your little change and your life, some people will be starving themselves in the name of saving money,till you get sick you will know that all you saved is nothing. I am presently serving now and enjoying every bit of it. My write up is not for everybody hmmm

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 9:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
stephano100:

thanks bro....surprised about the Ilorin part o, wanted my ppa there oo,anyway I know better now. it seem your also from uniben lol #greatestgbogbo!!!

I graduated from uniben. Greatest gbobo... unibest forever. if you are posted to Ilorin, you will hardly get free accommodation from ur ppa, accommodation is also very expensive, plus too many side attractions that will take your money.

State ministries doesn't pay one naira except schools that will pay about 5k which you can still get in other areas.

If you are posted to kwara just let me know, I ve some LGI's no that can help you to get a better place. Only if you are posted to kwara.

Goodluck.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 9:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:

Kwara is not a bad are you think... There is no place without hos ugly side. Apart from the fact there is no money in the state, it is relatively a peaceful and cheap state.

I served in kwara and had fun. I had value for my money as well. Free accommodation, sometimes free food, free cab with free babes. Etc
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
butanep:

Kwara is not a bad are you think... There is no place without hos ugly side. Apart from the fact there is no money in the state, it is relatively a peaceful and cheap state.

I served in kwara and had fun. I had value for my money as well. Free accommodation, sometimes free food, free cab with free babes. Etc

ok o

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Corpers In Suit: Checkout This NYSC Outfit (Photo) / NYSC: Female Corper Poses With A Gun (Photos) / Pictures Of The 5 Corpers Who Died In An Accident While Going To NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.