Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? - NYSC (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (74764 Views)

Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? / 8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
rosalieene:

thanks for the info
but how would u prevent been posted to baruten LGA and other dreaded LGAs . I learnt that kwara has just 15 abi 16 LGA.

It has just 16 LGA but bigger that some states with about 21 or 22 LGA. Kwara is a big state. Baruten is one of the ugly part of kwara. It's the part where kwara share a border with Benin Republic. Just pray you don't go there, if you still get there, you will definitely cope with things because people have served and are serving there.

You can influence your posting in camp to your preferred LGA. You just have to be smart with a long leg and sensitive ears.

Cheers.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Odunharry(m): 12:33am On Feb 16, 2016
butanep:

Kwara is not a bad are you think... There is no place without hos ugly side. Apart from the fact there is no money in the state, it is relatively a peaceful and cheap state.

I served in kwara and had fun. I had value for my money as well. Free accommodation, sometimes free food, free cab with free babes. Etc

Baba na you enjoy Kwara o.. here mk I de nothing free o
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by stephano100(m): 4:08am On Feb 16, 2016
butanep:

I graduated from uniben. Greatest gbobo... unibest forever. if you are posted to Ilorin, you will hardly get free accommodation from ur ppa, accommodation is also very expensive, plus too many side attractions that will take your money.

State ministries doesn't pay one naira except schools that will pay about 5k which you can still get in other areas.

If you are posted to kwara just let me know, I ve some LGI's no that can help you to get a better place. Only if you are posted to kwara.

Goodluck.
okay thanks a lot bro...in fact I just PMed u o.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by rosalieene(f): 11:33am On Feb 16, 2016
Odunharry:
no wahala then.... just quote or mention.
that reminds me is their glo network there especially for browsing. I mean in camp
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
Odunharry:

Baba na you enjoy Kwara o.. here mk I de nothing free o

Depending on where you are shall...

I severd in Oke Ero LGA, Iloffa to be precise but Oma Aran was my pooping zone.

Things are practically cheap then & the indegene are welcoming especially to corps members.

Just that the state is so poor.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
stephano100:

okay thanks a lot bro...in fact I just PMed u o.

Will reply later

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by oppybouy(m): 3:04pm On Feb 16, 2016
dozzy001:
Easier said than done, i plan of saving before leaving lagos for Enugu bt story changed patapata when i got here

Blood Money na him FG dey give!

I'm innocent
Lol. Dude, pls tell me what happened in Enugu. Cos looks like ve just been posted there too
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by keko14: 10:06am On Feb 17, 2016
Sammyblaq:
All of una wey save 200k, 300k, 447k, 600k etc. To the Gods.

My manchi served in Abuja and at the end of the service year came back with only his box.

I had like 4months allawee in my account till INEC started paying into that same acct... Juju.

I no wan reason my matter sha. #Itswell
lol.......................................................................................................................................................
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by keko14: 10:18am On Feb 17, 2016
pls doz dat serve in ogun state should tell us more about the state......
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Amyleb(f): 12:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
hardychris:
The question should be how much I spent during my service year as a corps member.

I still don't know how possible it is to save money in Abuja as a corper unless you have something else doing outside the service, then I was getting almost 40k in a month from my PPA and NYSC Alawi, and I wasn't paying for house rent because I have one here but @ the end of the month nothing to show for it because everything goes to cab drivers pocket, I spend #600 everyday on transportation, and unlike other states, that #600 will be enough for more than one week and people do give corpers money or even pay for their Tfare but its not like that in Abuja.

If you are really after saving money after your service year, don't even think of coming to Abuja unless your house is a stone throw to the office, even @ that, there. Too many other things that will take the money because of cost of living.

But the advantage of serving in Abuja is that you can work in any organisation and get more experience if its related to your field of study, unlike other states where its mainly teaching.

NYSC is fun but the fun ends in camp, I wish you prsopective corpers success, the main thing is getting a good job after serving.

Meanwhile, NYSC is still owing me for 2 months since how many years now that I finished serving.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by MemphisDepay(m): 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2016
Doxie69:
Your peasant #19800 allawee is not ment to be saved,you serving Corp members should enjoy your little change and your life, some people will be starving themselves in the name of saving money,till you get sick you will know that all you saved is nothing. I am presently serving now and enjoying every bit of it. My write up is not for everybody hmmm
shey na ur room be dat?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by hardychris(m): 5:25pm On Feb 17, 2016
U re wlcm, seems u re about to serve?I wish you all the best
Amyleb:
Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by bankybobo11: 12:55am On Feb 19, 2016
refiner:

nawa for u...hope u married d woman sha

Why are you particular about that?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 6:25am On Feb 19, 2016
bankybobo11:

Why are you particular about that?

gosh!...are u just replying dis?....Hw many months nw?undecided
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by bankybobo11: 8:54am On Feb 19, 2016
refiner:

gosh!...are u just replying dis?....Hw many months nw?undecided

About 7 months now grin. BTW, have you gone for service?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
bankybobo11:

About 7 months now grin. BTW, have you gone for service?
nop dear....am still schooling!smiley
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by bankybobo11: 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
refiner:

nop dear....am still schooling!smiley

Okies. School well o. I'm going with this 2016 batch A. Oya wish me luck smiley
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by refiner(f): 6:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
bankybobo11:

Okies. School well o. I'm going with this 2016 batch A. Oya wish me luck smiley

lol!....wishing u d best dear!....sweet luck!smiley
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Babajide1990: 6:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
Have you heard about project 1-9-90?
do u know u can leverage on the people you know and a one time sign on fee of 10Euros to earn 378% of ur investment.
Do u knw it is real? All you need to do is to build a team...that is it

Wil u like to know more?

just check my signature....of course you will work by building a team and mentoring your team
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by bankybobo11: 6:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
refiner:

lol!....wishing u d best dear!....sweet luck!smiley

Thanks love
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by engineerjimmy: 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
Have you been having a hard time and been thinking of what to invest on,digital currency is one of the best sectors to invest on since the world is becoming a global village,I want to introduce only interested individuals into perfect money and bitcoin cryptocurrency scheme(no capital scheme),pm me for more information (Avivafinancials@outlook.com)
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Sweetyie(f): 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
butanep:

It has just 16 LGA but bigger that some states with about 21 or 22 LGA. Kwara is a big state. Baruten is one of the ugly part of kwara. It's the part where kwara share a border with Benin Republic. Just pray you don't go there, if you still get there, you will definitely cope with things because people have served and are serving there.

You can influence your posting in camp to your preferred LGA. You just have to be smart with a long leg and sensitive ears.

Cheers.
Pls what's d best LGA to serve in Kwara
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sweetyie:

Pls what's d best LGA to serve in Kwara

There is no best local govt in Kwara state. It all depends on what you want?
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Sweetyie(f): 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
butanep:

There is no best local govt in Kwara state. It all depends on what you want?
ok, I want a place with a bit stable electricity, low cost accommodation n foodstuff n closer to town Whr I can get to bus to Lagos
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sweetyie:

ok, I want a place with a bit stable electricity, low cost accommodation n foodstuff n closer to town Whr I can get to bus to Lagos

Then Irepodun is the place. That is where landmark is located or you go to Oke Ero or Ekiti or ifelodun . Don't go to where of the Ilorin LG. The place is cool with a moderate life.you can get lagos bus of 1700 from there.

Accommodation is very cheap. You might even get a befitting free accommodation. There is still little social life there.
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Sweetyie(f): 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
butanep:

Then Irepodun is the place. That is where landmark is located or you go to Oke Ero or Ekiti or ifelodun . Don't go to where of the Ilorin LG. The place is cool with a moderate life.you can get lagos bus of 1700 from there.

Accommodation is very cheap. You might even get a befitting free accommodation. There is still little social life there.
Tnx I'll keep that in mind
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by butanep(m): 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
Sweetyie:

Tnx I'll keep that in mind

You re welcome
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Taeewo(m): 9:25am On Feb 21, 2016
Still saving
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Abdurrasheed31: 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
abdulahi001:
Saved 200K, 10 months federal allawee.
What made it easy was 4K monthly state allawee + 10K monthly private lesson+ C.L.O + President C.D.S (tokens) and majorly my mum's help.
assalamu alaikum I want to ask u something
Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by Madamspeaker(f): 10:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
tweeby:
Okay.... Lemme say mine so others can learn from me. Will be brief tho
I saved 19800*11 like 200k sha and I do pay my tithes,still lived in abundant during service year. My secret was I paid my first fruit n told God dat I will live in abundant n still save up to that which happened infact on d day I gave d money I made 3 requests which he did above my expectations. I've heard pple's story about first fruit n I decided to try it which greatly work for me. Try it too

Seriously, I love this

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? by leoblaze(m): 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
tweeby:
Okay.... Lemme say mine so others can learn from me. Will be brief tho
I saved 19800*11 like 200k sha and I do pay my tithes,still lived in abundant during service year. My secret was I paid my first fruit n told God dat I will live in abundant n still save up to that which happened infact on d day I gave d money I made 3 requests which he did above my expectations. I've heard pple's story about first fruit n I decided to try it which greatly work for me. Try it too

Sowed my first fruit which is my January ppa salary ...........

Am expecting unimaginable favour from God grin

Obidence is better than sacrifice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Corpers In Suit: Checkout This NYSC Outfit (Photo) / NYSC: Female Corper Poses With A Gun (Photos) / Pictures Of The 5 Corpers Who Died In An Accident While Going To NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.