Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,152 members, 7,849,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:58 AM

Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: (940 Views)

8 Ways Ladies Act When They Want Guys To Toast Them / 7 Things That Girls Don't Want Guys To Know / Why Do Women Want Guys 'over 6 Foot' When Listing Desired Qualities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by internetma(m): 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2009
Why women want guys to come to THEM

I like to solve mysteries and one major mystery I wanted to solve was, why do women not like to show much interest in a guy, while guy's just come right out and express their feelings: "You're beautiful!" etc etc etc.

I've came up with an answer and we'll see by the responses if it has any credibility; even then, responses don't prove anything, people could always (a) misunderstand what I say (b) feel ego-slapped by an insightful idea from someone other than them, or by the idea itself, so seeking to salvage their intelligence or virtue, they address 'WHY' I wrote it to atleast look deep and insightful enough to discern my character, and look 'virtuous' enough to belittle it.

Yeah, that's 99.99999% of POF posting responses.

So here is what I propose for why women don't like to give too much attention to a man, and just play hard to get:

It's not a problem for a man to let women think she has some form of power over him "God you're hot, " because males, being stronger, know they've lost no power when they give it to the woman just for her looks.

Women, weaker creatures, already feel a loss of power so the last thing she wants is for the male to feel like he has power over her enough to, GRAB HER ATTENTION AND KEEP IT, SEXUALLY OR OTHERWISE.

Behold, mystery solved.

It's a POWER game.

That's my take on it.
Re: Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by JJYOU: 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
wbb
Re: Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by topup: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2009
Women want men to come to them because compared to men, women are less likely to date carelessly, which means basically, just because a guy asks a woman out or shows interest doesn't mean she'll respond.

Whilst there is the opinion that men should approach women because if a woman approaches a man, there will be less of a chance of knowing for sure if the guy was just accepting what came his way or if he genuinely cared for the girl.

That's my opnion anyways, and books such as "He's just not that into you." insist that a woman should never ask a guy out, because most guys will say yes out of boredom, especially if you're an attractive girl too.

Apparently it's hard enough finding a guy who is genuinely interested in you for you, without handing everything to him on a plate first smiley.

It's also traditional, the man is the hunter, and if he is truly interested, he will track his desired female down, but if not he won't. It's one of the first ways women use to sort out the genuinely interested from the bored and lonely.
Re: Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by jidobaba(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
Yes. Women are really, always never more than scared little girls
Re: Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by makeitnig(m): 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2009
Its natural for that to happen
Re: Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by Yafa(f): 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2009
As a woman I can only speak for myself. I want a guy to pursue me because to me it is indicative of the following:

1. He is a leader (can be a head of the home)
2. He knows what he wants and is not afraid to get it
3. He values me enough to try
4. He is a real man, men are visual, they see, they like, they pursue
5. I won't have to spend the rest of our relationship wondering if he ever wanted to be with me or if I forced things
6. He is humble
7. He honours my womanhood and understands God's order
8. He is brave and strong

I could go on, my view is any man a woman has to chase is not worth having and she will forever be chasing him or dragging him along!
Re: Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by jidobaba(m): 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2009
Yaya, Bullshit
Re: Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by Yafa(f): 9:31pm On Jun 18, 2009
@jidobaba

Such manners! That's my view. I can't speak for why all women would want the guy to approach them. Motives differ, that's my view.
Re: Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by ROBOCOB(m): 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
Yaya, Hope u av loving guy .
Re: Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by Yafa(f): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2009
@Robocop
Thank you.
Re: Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by TOPE20001(f): 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2009
Yafa:

As a woman I can only speak for myself. I want a guy to pursue me because to me it is indicative of the following:

1. He is a leader (can be a head of the home)
2. He knows what he wants and is not afraid to get it
3. He values me enough to try
4. He is a real man, men are visual, they see, they like, they pursue
5. I won't have to spend the rest of our relationship wondering if he ever wanted to be with me or if I forced things
6. He is humble
7. He honours my womanhood and understands God's order
8. He is brave and strong

I could go on, my view is any man a woman has to chase is not worth having and she will forever be chasing him or dragging him along!

Need i say more? nah wink
Re: Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them: by iice(f): 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2009
Nothing like a guy telling me i'm beautiful for me to scatter laugh grin grin

Have no problems going to him. . .if i was interested. I am rarely interested undecided

(1) (Reply)

A Choice Between The Man I Love, And My Love For My Future Kids! / Gals Did You Sleep With A Guy Before Marriage / Her Uncle Wanna Sleep With Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.