Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari (15425 Views)

GEJ Urges The Implementation Nat"l Conference Report - Vanguard / 7 Key PDP Members Who Were Absent At Pdp's National Conference Yesterday / President Dumps National Conference Report –source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by anonimi: 10:25am On Jan 11, 2016
dustydee:
I think the federal government should adopt true federalism. States should have control of their resources and pay tax/royalties to the federal government. Any state that can't survive should close shop and look for "development partners". The security agencies, for now, should be managed by the federal government.

Buhari promised true fiscal federalism already, so it should not be a problem delivering on that promise, particularly as his party APC controls both chambers of NASS- senators & representatives, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by ceejay80s(m): 10:25am On Jan 11, 2016
victorels:
this is my first comment for the year 2016
....and also ur last comment
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by chukkiephil(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2016
prospero5:
how i wish politics would make a way to vote for persons not political parties. These persons with virtues i admire come to mind- buhari, fashola, jonathan, bakare,...
Yes it's possible to vote for independent candidates!!
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Chubhie: 10:27am On Jan 11, 2016
Talk of a dog Apc returning to its vomit.

1 Like

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Goke7: 10:27am On Jan 11, 2016
anonimi:
The dull, daft & dumb Confused One simply needs to adopt and continue the good works of Democrat Exemplar, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan instead of letting our country rot away slowly under his watch.

your comment is so full of bitterness, you want a dull and confused one as you put it adopt a report from your so called democrat hero you call saint? the problem with you guys you continue to rain abuses on PMB yet you want so much bounties from him, how does that work? you guys should learn diplomacy, PMB will not fall for your cheap blackmails.

Diplomacy is the way to go if you want attention from PMB.
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by psalmuelwater(m): 10:28am On Jan 11, 2016
So the TSA and the other two were even conceived by the jonathan led administration. Pls what exactly has buhari done?

1 Like

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Happiness87(f): 10:28am On Jan 11, 2016
Aufbauh:
"Not everything that is needful is expedient"
PMB does not need to adopt the r

The one million dollars question begging for an answer is that, what stop GEJ from adopting the report before his ouster if he really meant well for the said report?

1. some sections of the country did not accept some items in the report. esp when it did not benefit their interest.

2. implementation of that report few months to elections will heat and polity and create more enemies.

3. elections were at hand, lots of distractions / insecurity

4. opposition parties use it to campaign that GEJ is tribalistic.

you should be asking yourself why Yoruba leaders should be speaking with 2 sides of the mouth, they see the truth but Oppose it because they just want to be in power or to be said that they made it happen.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by anonimi: 10:30am On Jan 11, 2016
Goke7:
your comment is so full of bitterness, you want a dull and confused one as you put it adopt a report from your so called democrat hero you call saint? the problem with you guys you continue to rain abuses on PMB yet you want so much bounties from him, how does that work? you guys should learn diplomacy, PMB will not fall for your cheap blackmails.

Diplomacy is the way to go if you want attention from PMB.

I take it that you rained NO abuse on Jonathan, right
Why would I want Buhari's attention?
Why would I
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by dustydee: 10:30am On Jan 11, 2016
anonimi:

Buhari promised true fiscal federalism already, so it should not be a problem delivering on that promise, particularly as his party APC controls both chambers of NASS- senators & representatives, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913
Yes he did and not too many people know about that. I am surprised people haven't taken him on on that promise. Apart from the one you cited, he also made a comment on it before the last elections which didn't get much media coverage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Viktor1983(m): 10:34am On Jan 11, 2016
luvinhubby:
Talk is cheap.
are u saying you don't support true federalism?
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Bizibi(m): 10:35am On Jan 11, 2016
dustydee:
I think the federal government should adopt true federalism. States should have control of their resources and pay tax/royalties to the federal government. Any state that can't survive should close shop and look for "development partners". The security agencies, for now, should be managed by the federal government.
the more we say this the more the majority show their ignorance,the north is one big stumbling block to this
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 11, 2016
Aufbauh:
PMB does not need to adopt the report of the 2014 national conference holistically before he can successfully navigate the ship of the Nigerian state to an enviable destination.

The conference was a shenanigan to settle political patrons, the agenda was needful but not expedient as any proactive executive government could have lobbied it through the legislators.

The one million dollars question begging for an answer is that, what stop GEJ from adopting the report before his ouster if he really meant well for the said report?
I think you need to shut up..

Tell buhari to adopt true federalism..nonsense..Gej this Gej that..

1 Like

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Goke7: 10:39am On Jan 11, 2016
Aufbauh:
PMB does not need to adopt the report of the 2014 national conference holistically before he can successfully navigate the ship of the Nigerian state to an enviable destination.

The conference was a shenanigan to settle political patrons, the agenda was needful but not expedient as any proactive executive government could have lobbied it through the legislators.

Exactly, what GEJ supporters want would have been easily gotten from GEJ himself but instead they preferred the sharing of yams, truth is the so called proponents of the conference report are truly not serious about its implementation, its just one of the measures to distract and oppose PMB like the biafra issue, after all one of the major proponents of the report is Falae who is now struggling to defend his yam portion.

I advise those who truly wants PMB to look at the report to use diplomacy, blackmailing the ruling party with it will not make any headway
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by megbu: 10:42am On Jan 11, 2016
I'm surprised with tunde bakere position. He has been a long time ally of buhari yet he is not afraid to give him unpopular advice. That is the hallmark of true friendship. God bless the pastor.
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Goke7: 10:43am On Jan 11, 2016
anonimi:

I take it that you rained NO abuse on Jonathan, right
Why would I want Buhari's attention?
Why would I

you guys are dying for PMB's attention, use diplomacy and you will get it simple or you continue to rain abuses or insults on him like kanu which is not moving PMB one bit. Its time you guys use your heads and stop being emotional, GEJ is gone forever, live with it.
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Goke7: 10:46am On Jan 11, 2016
megbu:
I'm surprised with tunde bakere position. He has been a long time ally of buhari yet he is not afraid to give him unpopular advice. That is the hallmark of true friendship. God bless the pastor.

Bakare is just teaching the so called proponents of the report how they can convince PMB about it instead of using blackmail, simple. He is likely to get PMB's attention than the likes of Falae, odumakin and co who were yam eaters.

1 Like

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 11, 2016
[size=14pt]I dont think Buhari would heed, it is gradually dawning on me maybe we voted in a fascist...... And with the rate APC is rigging election, i dont know if it would be easy to boot Buhari out if by 4 years he doesn't perform and we have a better alternative on ground, i hope he doesnt let his hard heartedness spoil his chances of actually becoming an agent of change in our great nation....[/size]
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by fallout87: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2016
If Buhari implements the 2014 Confab report, that is when I will know he is serious and not just a puppet forced on Nigeria by cabals and the Western world.

This will force these lazy Governors who want to just sit in oil money to actual work! It will make them to have to look for ways to develop agriculturally.

It may take the silver soon from the mouth, but in the long run it will help these states and areas develop tremendously.

Then the problem of laziness for oil money will only be in the SS, SE and Ondo state.

The issue is I don't believe Buharu will. The cabals which supported him won't allow him. The same way he didn't have the ability to point his corruption war at his allies, he won't invoke the Confab.

When he is investing billions into finding oil up north in the new budget? Does that sound like a man who wants away from oil money dependence??

Hey, maybe if he finds oil up north he and the cabsls will be selfish to horde it to themselves and finally invoke true federalism. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 11, 2016
ceejay80s:

....and also ur last comment

You will make a false prophet congrats. False prophets are really enjoying you know.
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by fallout87: 11:01am On Jan 11, 2016
gcode123:
[size=14pt]I dont think Buhari would heed, it is gradually dawning on me maybe we voted in a fascist...... And with the rate APC is rigging election, i dont know if it would be easy to boot Buhari out if by 4 years he doesn't perform and we have a better alternative on ground, i hope he doesnt let his hard heartedness spoil his chances of actually becoming an agent of change in our great nation....[/size]

No way you can vote Buhari out.

People don't even realize there is no more "democracy" in Nigeria.

Can you imagine the blood shed, tribulations and trouble that went to small Bayelsa and Kogi elections? Both still are being fought in court! Now imagine federal elections!!

They will never concede loss. They will just do what they are doing to PDP Governors. Take them to court to strip them of their rights and do so continually to re-cast election votes till they win.

There will be tremendous bloodshed due to this APC obsession with power.

It is too bad they don't have an obsession with a good plan to produce results.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by sen8or(m): 11:03am On Jan 11, 2016
victorels:
President Buhari will surely convene his own conference to show Goodluck how National conference is done.
I wish you and PMB best of luck
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by obailala(m): 11:05am On Jan 11, 2016
Godjone:
Children of hate and vipers.

I thought they say nothing good has ever come out of PDP and GEJ administration.

One day or soonest, all those people casting insult on this man will kneel and worship GEJ.

I leave God to judge them
Kindly answer these 2 questions below:

1. What is good about organising a confab and not implementing its report?

2. What is good about originating the idea of TSA and never implementing it for years?

Your argument sounds like a king who promises to build roads, but he never does because he was busy wining and dining with his bunch of 40 thieves and squandering the funds meant to be used for the projects. This king is then criticised harshly by another man who eventually climbs to the throne and then ends up building the roads. And now, the supporters of the former careless king are over the place bragging that the idea of building roads was originated by the former king. Kindly tell me what we should be worshipping GEJ for?... Who does not know that Nigeria needs a thorough restructuring via a proper confab for some of our decades long problems to be solved?.... Is Jonathan the first to conduct a confab?

cc: tuscani
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2016
sen8or:
I wish you and PMB best of luck
Thanks.
But I did not imply that I am in support of another press National conference. It is just what I envisage the ego of buhari doing.
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by nigeriancuban: 11:10am On Jan 11, 2016

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Babatundetinubu: 11:14am On Jan 11, 2016
anonimi:
The dull, daft & dumb Confused One simply needs to adopt and continue the good works of Democrat Exemplar, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan instead of letting our country rot away slowly under his watch.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2595296_kneel_jpeg43d805982b82ba261ded75cee00bfcb5

Frustrated painter.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by tuscani: 11:14am On Jan 11, 2016
PRYCE:
Why's Rev. Bakare All Over the place?

From Arrest Emefiele to Implement Jonathan's Confab report!

I'm wondering why a report from a "discredited" regime should be implemented by a "Saintly" regime!
My brodaaa, i tire for these people, they never saw anything good in jonathan, now we know he was the one that brought about this TSA. but any way i think Bakare said the truth
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by obailala(m): 11:14am On Jan 11, 2016
fallout87:

No way you can vote Buhari out.

People don't even realize there is no more "democracy" in Nigeria.

Can you imagine the blood shed, tribulations and trouble that went to small Bayelsa and Kogi elections? Both still are being fought in court! Now imagine federal elections!!

They will never concede loss. They will just do what they are doing to PDP Governors. Take them to court to strip them of their rights and do so continually to re-cast election votes till they win.

There will be tremendous bloodshed due to this APC obsession with power.

It is too bad they don't have an obsession with a good plan to produce results.
Have you ever asked yourself why Bayelsa elections are not being conducted same time as other governorship elections in Nigeria?.... Just in case you dont know, it is because there were massive irregularities in a previous election which was eventually cancelled, hence the distortion to the election calendar. When a people are inherently violent in their ways, you cannot blame a leader for the violence which the people are known for. Rivers state is probably next, and I'm sure you will also claim it is Buhari that would be responsible if a rescheduled election will also be violent.

By the way, that elections are being cancelled these days is a sign of more fairness in the electoral process. In the past, no matter how badly conducted and no matter how bad the election is marred with irregularities and violence, INEC would simply go to Abuja and announce PDP the winner; that is how badly the rights of the people have been raped by the PDP gang. That elections are being cancelled or declared inconclusive these days is a clear sign of more fairness in the process.
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by obailala(m): 11:22am On Jan 11, 2016
PRYCE:
Why's Rev. Bakare All Over the place?

From Arrest Emefiele to Implement Jonathan's Confab report!

I'm wondering why a report from a "discredited" regime should be implemented by a "Saintly" regime!
Jonathan did not write the report of the confab, Jonathan did not even contribute to any decisions in the confab. It was the representatives of different ethnicities in Nigeria (from different political affiliations) that decided and prepared those reports. It is out of place and myopic to claim that the report belongs to Jonathan. And even if by any chance it was Jonathan who prepared the reports unilaterally, there is hardly any informed adult in Nigeria who doesn't know the right things to do to move the nation forward; besides, that wasn't the first confab in Nigeria and all previous confabs also had similar content. What matters is not who convened a confab, the big question is 'who will implement the report?'... Jonathan obviously failed woefully in that regard and anyone expecting an Hausa-Fulani man to implement that report must be a big dreamer.

1 Like

Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 11:33am On Jan 11, 2016
Your reasons shows that GEJ lack the political will to implement the report of the conference he spent billions of naira of our common patrimony on the altar of partisanship and personal ambition.

Happiness87:

1. some sections of the country did not accept some items in the report. esp when it did not benefit their interest.

2. implementation of that report few months to elections will heat and polity and create more enemies.

3. elections were at hand, lots of distractions / insecurity

4. opposition parties use it to campaign that GEJ is tribalistic.

you should be asking yourself why Yoruba leaders should be speaking with 2 sides of the mouth, they see the truth but Oppose it because they just want to be in power or to be said that they made it happen.
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by discusant: 11:34am On Jan 11, 2016
For where? Buhari may be believing that with him as president now, north of Nigeria has finally captured Nigeria.
Re: Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari by discusant: 11:44am On Jan 11, 2016
Implement National Conference Report for who?

In Buhari's mindset: if Nyamiri do any fiam, rest of Nigeria shall conquer Nyamiri. If MEND do fiam, rest of Nigeria shall conquer MEND.

Southwest? those ones be jolly good fellows, they don't care, as long as once in a while Arewa passes the ball, the office of the presidency to the south west.

That Nigeria remains a backward country - no problem, so long as crude oil flows in the Niger delta.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leaders Cannot Afford To Hand Over To The Next Generation – Okorocha / Metuh: Appeal Court Nullifies Dasuki’s Indictment / Boko Haram: Amnesty And The Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.