Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story (34187 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? / What's The Quickest You've Gone From Meeting Someone The 1st Time To Having Sex / Guys Have You Ever Regretted Not Telling A Girl, You Have Feeling For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Swissheart(f): 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
evegran:

Don't be silly, it was a question. You coulda simply said no, instead of defending yourself like we're in court.

And FYI, I LOVE dick. All lesbian approaches fails.
...... You mean what you have written up there is a question?! ...... Pls get yourself a copy of Essential English.

Your love for d**k remains your business.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Meeky(m): 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
kristen12:
Met one last year, he sent a DM and I replied. We got talking from there and exchanged pins.

Later, I got to know he was in the same school I was. He told me his department and somethings I needed to know. He sent a lot of pictures (he looked cute in the pictures tho).
My problem with him was that he lies a lot and he can boast for Africa. He was older than me with 7 or 8 years.

Later, we got to meet. He came to my hostel after his class. What I saw ehn, was different from what he was always sending to me. He was physically challenged (I had no problem with that). He wasn't comfortable with his self, he had low self-esteem, he couldn't even look at me in the eye.
I tried my best to make him feel comfortable. I played with him, I even suggested taking him to my room so my friends would play with him but it didn't work.
I just had to discharge him.

I'm not just cool with online friendship or dating, I think it's a waste of time. Except it's strictly business.
but u cool though.just taking a look at dps cos of this online abi social media meetings,who says nairalands ladies aint cool.i think i so a thread that portrayed their dps in a bad light.there arr a whole lot of cool pple though.but then again online busy too could be dangerous.a av seen a couple of scammers here.
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Churchillsaug(m): 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
Doxie69:
All the female friends and male friends I have met through social media were a hit back to back. I am still close friends with all. The 1st was Ella through 2go in the year 2009, she fell for me because I wasn't so eager to even meet her in person,when I finally met her,i came to see for myself that she's very jovial and homily, the type of friend anyone would love to have. We weren't dating but she was so fond of me,that she can spend the night in my place instead of her boyfriend's place. She once begged me to kiss her outside her hostel,you know all these cold night in the school,that feels like the breeze is romancing you. We are still friends till now,even last year when I was in Lagos camp for my NYSC she paid in #7000 into my account when I told her that hunger is killing me here. I was very surprised and in my mind I wish to surprise her someday in a way of appreciation because she's worth every time I spent with her even If we are not intimate.

The second girl was Jane around 2010 in the same 2go as well,luck had it she was in the same school as mine (UNN). We kept charting and she kept forming as girls always do,telling me she doesn't meet strangers that she is a dwarf, ugly etc,i was like even if you are walking with your head I still wanna meet you in person. I finally met her and wow it was the bomb, every evening I come to her hostel we hang around,she too had her boyfriend but I wasn't bothered .Everything I had with her was a hit back to back, until November 2013 when an incident happened in which she accused me of trying to rape her. That's started the end of our friendship,she walked out on me and told me she doesn't wanna have anything to do with me as long as she lived. I called later to explain things to her but she wouldn't pick my calls and when she did she told me Dozie stay the he'll away from me. I had to move on,though she still called from time to time with a hidden number and will say just wanna check up on you,myself will pretend like I didn't know it was her. There was a day she called me in 2014, if I can come to her room let's talk things over,i replied her,your message is still in my phone is better you respect yourself and keep to that message. Then in May 2014, she called me while I was reading my note and preparing for a carry over test. She said she was in a fix and needed my help,that I should borrow her like #25000, because she spoilt her colleague's laptop and she is asking her to pay for it. She also said I know we haven't been the best of friends lately, if you refuse to help me I would understand. I borrowed her the money and since then we have been five and six,though I asked her why did you come back to the person you said wanted to rape you,she kept quiet and after some silence she said I don't even know.

There are other ones but let me stop here for now
your two script was a hit back to back
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by jamela(f): 2:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
Lol, I haven't had a bad experience but I remember once my brother was so excited about a girl he's been chatting with on hi5 and Myspace(back before facebook stole their subscribers). My mum had travelled, so he took my mum's car to go pick her up, he even took his friend he invited to the house earlier to tag along just so he could brag about it.

Only for him to return with his friend after about an hour, when I asked him where the girl was, he ignored me and just went into his room. His friend waited for him to be out of sight before laughing out loud, he told me the girl had "a face so rough that you could light a match stick with one strike". Lol! I haven't forgotten that phrase though its been almost 10 years now that happened. His friend said they changed plans and took her to an eatery instead of the house. At first, my brother wouldn't have any of the mockery, but later he became cool with it and even laughs about it when reminded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Harjet(m): 2:29pm On Jan 11, 2016
So many funny and unbelievable stories on here... Am just laffing here
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by bfatoba(m): 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
kay29000:
I have had so many heart breaking experiences in the past, and I have now limited the amount of girls I meet on social media . In fact, [s]I no longer try to interact with females on social media[/s] , cos 9 out of 10 times, you would probably be disappointed when you finally meet. Girls really need to chill on the heavy makeup, and filters on their pictures.

Last year, I was just minding my business when I saw one of my close friends on Facebook put the list of attributes of the type of guys she likes on her wall . One of the qualities was that he must have heavy beard, so I asked her if she also liked chest hair . And out of nowhere, this girl asked if I had chest hair, and I said yes, and [s]she immediately sent me a friend request.[/s] When I accepted , she told me she loved chest hairs, and that she got weak in the knees for guys that have chest hairs. We chatted for a long time, and then I thought, yea, i got me a freak. Only for the girl to switch on me the next few days, and start forming saint...and start acting like I was disturbing her.

Men! I don't know why I told that story, cos it is not really related to what OP is asking. Maybe I told it cos that's the story that came to my mind when I read this thread. I regret meeting that girl.

take your lies back to the drawing board.

theres no shred of truth in this story.... which raises the question.
what do you gain from lying?

1 Like

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by emperor94(m): 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
kristen12:

LMAO...... I'm comfortable already.
Epic wink
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
Swissheart:
...... You mean what you have written up there is a question?! ...... Pls get yourself a copy of Essential English.

Your love for d**k remains your business.

It's very obvious you're a frustrated man pretending to be a woman on NL.

Nobody is beefing you. Ok? Take your hate, swallow it so it explodes in you and takes you straight to hell. smiley.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by ayoniakins(f): 3:00pm On Jan 11, 2016
phemmyjohnson:
had my hair cut...
nice shave...
had to even purchase a beta perfume..
only to find out i did all this for a " dwarf"
pls guys... social media pictures can be deceiving...

And what's your definition of dwarf? May God show u mercy. All that d Lord has made they are very good. If u reject a person because of his/her little stature, d Lord will never be stranded has he has many other better ones he can give to whoever was rejected.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
bfatoba:

theres no shred of truth in this story.... which raises the question.
what do you gain from lying?

My brother the story no just go well at all grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by bfatoba(m): 3:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

My brother the story no just go well at all grin

you be sharp guy....
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Siena247(f): 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
Met dis guy on facebook 2014 or so. Wz alwz commentin on my status n pix. Frm dere we bcam frnds,na hin my guy carry mata go anoda level n started floodin my inbox wt mssgs. Fast forwrd to 2mths,went to see my younger sis@skul n he stays in benin. Na so i call my guy say i dy benin so mayb we cld see. As d bobo show,fear catch me because wat i saw pass opposite of pix wen dy facebook. Dude b lookin fresh n fly,goodlookin on facebook,flattommy,evrytin nice bt wetin i see for ground??didnt know d guy was a chief editor of pix.see belle!!yuck..na so d tin dy shake follow am. D most annoyin tin is dt,d upper n lower lip nor just fit come 2geda in agreement. Just dy open mouth down like fool..i wz so pissed@waat i saw n as we were even talkin na so i jeejely enter facebook block am sharpaly,deleted his number evrytin . Hw he manage edit dt belle to flattommy stil dy wonder me til date

18 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Baboo13(m): 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2016
bfatoba:

theres no shred of truth in this story.... which raises the question. what do you gain from lying?

'Take your lies back to the drawing board'
LMAOOOOOO

Mahn this killed me
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Swissheart(f): 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
evegran:

It's very obvious you're a frustrated man pretending to be a woman on NL.

Nobody is beefing you. Ok? Take your hate, swallow it so it explodes in you and takes you straight to hell. smiley.

Have a nice day.
Alright, looking forward to you exposing the guy behind the fake moniker.

Till then.

1 Like

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Fribery: 3:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
Baboo13:

'Take your lies back to the drawing board'
LMAOOOOOO

Mahn this killed me

aswear.. angry
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2016
Siena247:
Met dis guy on facebook 2014 or so. Wz alwz commentin on my status n pix. Frm dere we bcam frnds,na hin my guy carry mata go anoda level n started floodin my inbox wt mssgs. Fast forwrd to 2mths,went to see my younger sis@skul n he stays in benin. Na so i call my guy say i dy benin so mayb we cld see. As d bobo show,fear catch me because wat i saw pass opposite of pix wen dy facebook. Dude b lookin fresh n fly,goodlookin on facebook,flattommy,evrytin nice bt wetin i see for ground??didnt know d guy was a chief editor of pix.see belle!!yuck..na so d tin dy shake follow am. D most annoyin tin is dt,d upper n lower lip nor just fit come 2geda in agreement. Just dy open mouth down like fool..i wz so pissed@waat i saw n as we were even talkin na so i jeejely enter facebook block am sharpaly,deleted his number evrytin . Hw he manage edit dt belle to flattommy stil dy wonder me til date

LOL.

Sankabson:
Met a girl on IG who happened to be serving in ibadan as a copper, we exchanged number and BBM Pin.

I called her one Sunday noon like that just so say hello, she told me straight that she gonna be free later in the evening that I should come around her lodge.

fast forward, she sent me her address and it's some hours away from me crib unless i go with bike (okada). I made a call through to my area bike man.

to my surprise, immediately I called her that I'm in front of her lodge the first question was. Are You driving? azin do You come with Car? I was like No.

she changed the whole thing for me that she's kinda busy doing something inside and can I wait outside for like 1hr or so. I was like wtf is this, a whole SANUSI. after some seconds she called bakc that she was on her way down.

mhen! i was so disappointed lol! small breast and Yansh with a very big lips. lmao! and I told her. please are the one im waiting for ? she replied with Yes. i just told the bike to zoom off. since then I've not see her nor her updates. we both deleted ourselves.

I'm not a luck man when comes to social media hook up unless it's for Bussiness purpose.

Sanusi.

Omg! Sanusi how could you? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Youngetskilz23(m): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
grin lies everywhere

1 Like

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Flygeriansteve: 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
jamela:
Lol, I haven't had a bad experience but I remember once my brother was so excited about a girl he's been chatting with on hi5 and Myspace(back before facebook stole their subscribers). My mum had travelled, so he took my mum's car to go pick her up, he even took his friend he invited to the house earlier to tag along just so he could brag about it.

Only for him to return with his friend after about an hour, when I asked him where the girl was, he ignored me and just went into his room. His friend waited for him to be out of sight before laughing out loud, he told me the girl had "a face so rough that you could light a match stick with one strike". Lol! I haven't forgotten that phrase though its been almost 10 years now that happened. His friend said they changed plans and took her to an eatery instead of the house. At first, my brother wouldn't have any of the mockery, but later he became cool with it and even laughs about it when reminded.
My God shocked You are prettyyy
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Meeky(m): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
Siena247:
lol.funny belle story.chai.
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by doyinisaac(m): 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
So many lies on this thread....just continue....grin

3 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by prettyjo(f): 4:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
saasala:

Still mind meeting some other online guy?
won't try that again.
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by saasala(m): 4:56pm On Jan 11, 2016
prettyjo:
won't try that again.

Okay. From the moment I woke up I knew today would not be a lucky day.
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by prettyjo(f): 4:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
saasala:

Okay. From the moment I woke up I knew today would not be a lucky day.
lolzzzzzz
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by saasala(m): 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2016
prettyjo:
lolzzzzzz

Oh, you laughed? I barely make people laugh.... Your signature is the craziest I have seen in a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by GenghisKhan(m): 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
Cool stories...never done online meetups as it's not really my thing. Anyways any intelligent chic that stays in abuja, plays chess AND likes arsenal fc can shoot me a pm! wink cool

1 Like

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by OCTAVO: 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
kay29000:

Whoa! That must have been awkward. The first thing I do when I meet a girl online is to ask her age. I once fell into this situation you described and never plan to do so again. But 10 years difference is not so much of a big deal if you are 35 and she is 25.
And if he was 25, she was 15. How about that? grin
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by JanuaryTempest(f): 5:40pm On Jan 11, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
na true na!

all dem strangers I don meet dey entertain me. So we'll keep the PM torch burning. until the day I go jam one of dem NL karashikas.

Na Then I go port to south African forum go join dem JanuaryTempest for that side.

You'll be welcomed with open arms smiley
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 11, 2016
dumo1:

Just imagine. very annoying set of things. Me I will give her the " Excuse me Pls do I know u" phrase, enter my jeep like a boss & zoom off. Infact lemme stop here cos m very angry. she and those her useless friends deserve a slap each.

Easy bros
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by phemmyjohnson: 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
ayoniakins:

And what's your definition of dwarf? May God show u mercy. All that d Lord has made they are very good. If u reject a person because of his/her little stature, d Lord will never be stranded has he has many other better ones he can give to whoever was rejected.

God av mercy
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Sankabson(m): 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
andromida:

LOL.

Omg! Sanusi how could you? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na do me, do you. Man no go Vex. grin
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by KellyNicole(f): 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
hahahahaha. .. Jeez!! I love nairaland!
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:38pm On Jan 11, 2016
Dyt:

Hmmmmmm

smiley cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Things A Guy Must Learn Before Graduating From University / I'm Sleeping With My Boss In The Office / She Started Laying Curses On Me Because I Broke Up With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.