Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story (34189 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? / What's The Quickest You've Gone From Meeting Someone The 1st Time To Having Sex / Guys Have You Ever Regretted Not Telling A Girl, You Have Feeling For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by bobolizim(m): 8:56am On Jan 11, 2016
Umm,my own story...there was this girl I met on Facebook around middle of last year,I checked her pictures she was not bad from there I collected her number and we started chatting on whatsapp.

Coincidentally, she schools at my twin sister's school so we decided to meet...when we met,I wanted to ask her...sorry,who are you? but I chill.... I was like what is this? she was a total dwarf....that day I didn't show it for my face when she told she was the one i was waiting for,after that day I stopped calling or chatting with her....that's my story.....oya romancelanders keep the stories in...

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by glimpse33(m): 9:00am On Jan 11, 2016
That's Why Its Called SOCIAL NETWORK..

you Socialize With The Person Irrespective Of His/Her Conditions, Whether Blind, Deaf, Dwarf, Cripple, slowpoke..

SAY NO TO DESCRIMINATION

276 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by IamLEGEND1: 9:05am On Jan 11, 2016
bt dem dey count NL as social media?

coz me no dey add anybody wey I no know for Facebook.

bt for NL I dey send 2 PMs per year..... so far I never regret am.

I don dey size up my potential candidates for admission.... one in fabruary,the other around Oct-Nov

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by donTbone(m): 9:06am On Jan 11, 2016
Thinking!

No regrets... Always playing the cards right! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Kaylexzy(m): 9:07am On Jan 11, 2016
Geheeheehee.... grin

OP, Ur experience is similar to mine....

Only dat d girl I met was... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 11, 2016
Met a 30+ lady on wechat. We were getting along well but she kept bragging about how different men always carry her including club sugardaddies. I got so pissed. I had to quit it.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 11, 2016
she travelled frm smewer in imo state to visit me back in those days in uniben n behold she was very f.ugly pretty,like she always did in her dp,twas late in d evening n she came frm afar else i would av abandoned her...shame catch me reach my hostel bt twas late so nt much folks saw us...n finally she said "no 53x" n im like thank God u read me...nxt morg first bus n shes back home,no further comm...d oda bad1,after months of chatting we finally decided to meet n whn we did she was...a briefcase...i just waka past her pretending to make fone call like where are u nao?im in ekosodin gate i cant see u here...stroll enter anoda place bt later changed mind and went to meet her in nightclass n d rest....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by LouisBERG: 9:14am On Jan 11, 2016
Uhmm no regrets or whatsoever just surprises..
#caLLmeBERG

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by ShakurM(m): 9:15am On Jan 11, 2016
No regrets so far but surprises, never knew she was that set grin

3 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 11, 2016
sorry! I've Never met anybody through social media. I'm a bit of an Old fashioned dude, I prefer walking up to you in person.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Leriebloom(f): 9:18am On Jan 11, 2016
I av had several incidents. I met this guy on Facebook, he had sent several messages that i hadn't replied(which i really wasnt aware of) i felt bad and i gave him a reply and frm dere we started chatting, i noticed we argued alot on our facebook chats. He asked if i ws single and i said yes(which he didnt bliv) but i wasnt lukin for a relationship. He told me i was acting unfair and pushing him away. He had asked for my phone contact which i didnt give him(i dnt giv out numbers lik dat on social media). Told him that if it was frndship i ws looking for and i felt sorry for turning him down so i gave him my bbm pin and he added me up. He started saying vulgar things (immediately regreted givin him my pin),telling me he was in Lagos and i shld com spend d weekend with him, tld him i wasn't dat type and moreover i had sworn celibacy. This guy started insulting women saying we women lie alot. Tld him dat he cld delete me after nw bcoz i ws chatting no more which he did(meanwhile i hd gon on Fb to block him).

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by midehi2(f): 9:18am On Jan 11, 2016
the only one has been good so far cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by deeplow: 9:23am On Jan 11, 2016
well, mine was kinda awkward. Fine girl, fine pictures... we exchanged contacts. Started talking and getting close. i never really asked for us to meet,she initiated it after a while. So, we decided to meet.

Never knew the girl was as young as she turned out to be, she never knew i was as old as i turned out to be. When we met, she was too uncomfortable to speak, hardly could look me in the eyes. i was too ashamed to start conversations too, didnt even know what to start asking her. The age difference from my guess was like 10.

The torture was that, i had ordered food before she arrived(she came a bit late and i was hungry), the food was delicious, i couldn't just leave it to waste. We sat quietly through my meal, got up as i finished, led her straight to my car and i drove her back to school. we talked for only 2 minutes out of the 20 minutes it took to get to her school.

As soon as she alighted, i deleted her number... i am sure she deleted mine right at the restaurant. There hasn't been any form of communication since.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Oluwahelpme(m): 9:45am On Jan 11, 2016
the problem is people don't know how to describe themselves before meeting people.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Oluwahelpme(m): 9:47am On Jan 11, 2016
the problem is people don't know how to describe themselves before meeting people. should be able to tell about ur height, stature, complexion, and the real pictures of u.

14 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 11, 2016
Actually, social media is really quite deceptive because we only put up what we want people to see on social media. Just imagine a girl will apply make up & then still use camera 360 and other filter based apps and a guy sees her dp and goes wow see fine girl *lol* but in reality when they eventually hook up things start looking different & its either because the guy is not meeting up to the girls expectation or rather the girl is not up to the guys expectation. Anyway I have once being in that kind of dilemma. Few years back when 2go was the rave I meet this lady via the 2go room. We began chatting and it was so interesting that I couldn't take my eyes off our chat and she too likewise couldn't. She was even the one that even asked that we meet. So after like 2days of chitty chattering we finally arranged for a hook-up . After waiting for almost an hour my mystery lady hadn't turn up yet so I called her and she told me she was close by.... Hmmm, for my mind o. Nah so she call dey tell me say she dey behind me na so I turn I con see wan fine geh wey dey make call omo for my mind I dey think say i don hit jackpot. I then asked her if (I began describing o) that was when she said she wasn't the one o that I should look left o boy wetin i see my mouth no fit talk am. Jonzing tinz

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Aroboi(m): 9:51am On Jan 11, 2016
Lol..funny experiences..kip it rolling.

1 Like

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Demmocrats(m): 10:20am On Jan 11, 2016
And you came online to post this crap to achieve what, any girl with less quality you described will feel bad of herself.

We are all beautiful in our own ways.

OP the kind slap eh still doing warming up with Dasuki

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by looseweight: 10:21am On Jan 11, 2016
If I start mine, we won't leave there, but as a jobless individual, I had enough time to waste on social media. The best tin that happened to me was when I decided to attention to a pm by a nairaland member. He was very direct, "Can do you do marketing stuff" I answered with assertiveness and without wasting time, I started it and am reaping it big time..

The irony of it is that I have not even set my eyes on him.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by dustydee: 10:21am On Jan 11, 2016
No.
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Smartsyn(m): 10:21am On Jan 11, 2016
The first time i met someone through the social media was during the time I was called for NYSC, I was posted to Kogi State, so I opened a thread for others posted to Kogi to meet prior to camping. I came to know Emma through the thread and we met at Asaya camp later.

He was made the camp medical director and I enjoyed all the privileges that came with his position, he wanted to influence my posting to a choice location for my PPA, but I had other plans.

We're still in contact now though in different cities going about our respective career.

11 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by kay29000(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2016
I have had so many heart breaking experiences in the past, and I have now limited the amount of girls I meet on social media. In fact, I no longer try to interact with females on social media, cos 9 out of 10 times, you would probably be disappointed when you finally meet. Girls really need to chill on the heavy makeup, and filters on their pictures.

Last year, I was just minding my business when I saw one of my close friends on Facebook put the list of attributes of the type of guys she likes on her wall. One of the qualities was that he must have heavy beard, so I asked her if she also liked chest hair. And out of nowhere, this girl asked if I had chest hair, and I said yes, and she immediately sent me a friend request. When I accepted, she told me she loved chest hairs, and that she got weak in the knees for guys that have chest hairs. We chatted for a long time, and then I thought, yea, i got me a freak. Only for the girl to switch on me the next few days, and start forming saint...and start acting like I was disturbing her.

Men! I don't know why I told that story, cos it is not really related to what OP is asking. Maybe I told it cos that's the story that came to my mind when I read this thread. I regret meeting that girl.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by ultrazone(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2016
*spreads mat*

4 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 11, 2016
nope.

1 Like

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2016
Presently regretting. cry

Lord save us from Karashika

16 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 11, 2016
bobolizim:
Umm,my own story...there was this girl I met on Facebook around middle of last year,I checked her pictures she was not bad from there I collected her number and we started chatting on whatsapp.

Coincidentally, she schools at my twin sister's school so we decided to meet...when we met,I wanted to ask her...sorry,who are you? but I chill.... I was like what is this? she was a total dwarf....that day I didn't show it for my face when she told she was the one i was waiting for,after that day I stopped calling or chatting with her....that's my story.....oya romancelanders keep the stories in...

Your English tho.

Horrible!

I rarely meet anyone from social networks, unless really interesting people. Met a couple and they were cool. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by chelseabmw(m): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2016
Never!!!

1 Like

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by timilehing(m): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2016
Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by phemmyjohnson: 10:23am On Jan 11, 2016
had my hair cut...
nice shave...
had to even purchase a beta perfume..
only to find out i did all this for a " dwarf"
pls guys... social media pictures can be deceiving...

9 Likes

Re: Ever Regretted Meeting Someone From Social Network? Tell Your Story by prettyjo(f): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2016
mine was back then during the times of 2go.met this handsome dude(my love for handsome dudes though grin)
we decided to meet,i was angry at what i saw.he was very short embarassed.
just managed to stay some minutes with him and dat was the end of it and since then i don't do visits again.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

She Started Laying Curses On Me Because I Broke Up With Her / I'm Sleeping With My Boss In The Office / Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.