Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! (6206 Views)

Woman Arrested For Calling Her Ex-boyfriend 77,000 Times In A Week / Wonders Shall Never End, See Church Members Kissing Seriously !! / Woman Arrested For Bitting Off Man's P enis ( Video ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by REALTRUTH1: 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2009
Print version Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men
June 18, 2009 14:49 (3 hours ago), 272 views

By Cyriacus Izuekwe
For marrying two men at the same time, men of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested a 48-year-old housewife, Okeowo Ada.

Okeowo was arrested by the police in Shasha in Alimosho council area, when two men, Demola and Afolabi, who laid claim to being her husband, engaged each other in a street fight. P.M.NEWS gathered that Demola confronted Afolabi accusing him of having amorous affairs with his wife. Unknown to them, the woman was married to each of them at separate marriage registries, as discovered by the Investigating Police Officer (IPO), Sergeant Shittu, during interrogation of Okeowo Ada .

The police officer therefore arrested the woman and detained her at the station. She will likely face a charge of conduct capable of breaching the peace, as well as bigamy, an offence relating to a woman marrying more than one man at the same time. When our reporter visited the Shasha police station, Okeowo Ada was seen around but she declined to speak on the matter. The police also declined comments. However, a reliable source from the police station confirmed the incident. The source also told our reporter that the woman will be arraigned in the court very soon.
shocked shocked shocked
http://thepmnews.com/2009/06/18/woman-arrested-for-marrying-2-men
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2009
At the end of the day it all boils down to the stereotypes associated with our society. Do the police go about arresting all those men that are married to more than one woman. . .

I personally do not encourage the woman or support what she did. .

but the question here is if a man can marry two wives. . .without being confronted. . .why can't a woman do the same? undecided
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by REALTRUTH1: 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

At the end of the day it all boils down to the stereotypes associated with our society. Do the police go about arresting all those men that are married to more than one woman. . .

but the question here is if a man can marry two wives. . .without being confronted. . .why can't a woman do the same? undecided
Its a lawless society,,,until I hear the womans side of the story,,I will only thread carefully,,,the truth is that women have been taken for a ride in our society for too long,,,Nevertheless,,if she ever did a thing like that,,then its a crazy thing she has done,,,and the men in question are stupid for fighting over a woman,,
Though i have seen and know ladies who are married and at thesame have boyfriends and even sleeping with younger men than their husband,,,,Infact one tried proposing to me,,but I turned her down,,,its a crazy world,,,!!!
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by Uche2nna(m): 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

By Cyriacus Izuekwe
For marrying two men at the same time, men of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested a 48-year-old housewife, Okeowo Ada.

Okeowo was arrested by the police in Shasha in Alimosho council area, when two men, Demola and Afolabi, who laid claim to being her husband, engaged each other in a street fight. P.M.NEWS gathered that Demola confronted Afolabi accusing him of having amorous affairs with his wife. Unknown to them, the woman was married to each of them at separate marriage registries, as discovered by the Investigating Police Officer (IPO), Sergeant Shittu, during interrogation of Okeowo Ada .

The police officer therefore arrested the woman and detained her at the station. She will likely face a charge of conduct capable of breaching the peace, as well as bigamy, an offence relating to a woman marrying more than one man at the same time. When our reporter visited the Shasha police station, Okeowo Ada was seen around but she declined to speak on the matter. The police also declined comments. However, a reliable source from the police station confirmed the incident. The source also told our reporter that the woman will be arraigned in the court very soon.
shocked shocked shocked

Is bigamy an offence in Nigeria?
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by savanaha: 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2009
Uche2nna:

Is bigamy an offence in Nigeria?

I wonder. The presidents daughter can engage in a polygamous relatioship with a man with several previous wives but not the other way around. Am happy for what this woman did and I really want to find out how it ends
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by REALTRUTH1: 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2009
savanaha:

I wonder. The presidents daughter can engage in a polygamous relatioship with a man with several previous wives but not the other way around. Am happy for what this woman did and I really want to find out how it ends

God bless my dear,,are you even talking of daughter or daughters?? infact the 3rd girl child is getting prepared to be a fourth as well,,,,the police should go arrest those men marrying girls that re their childrens mate,,,
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by sosisi(f): 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

By Cyriacus Izuekwe

shocked shocked shocked

Sick country.
So a man can marry as many women as he wants and they have the guts to arrest a woman for marrying 2 men.
what's the difference again?
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by platinumnk(f): 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2009
Big pimping! grin grin grin grin grin grin

i wonder how she got away with that o
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2009
Bigamy? Nigeria? sad
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by chamotex(m): 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2009
Kini Big Deal? Only 2
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by Igwe9(m): 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
speechless cheesy
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by tpiah: 11:25pm On Jun 18, 2009
double standard, culture or no culture.

However, in Nigeria, I think the normal thing they do is one wife will be married legally or in church, and all the others will be through traditional ceremonies.

That's how they circumvent the law.
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by mamagee3(f): 12:40am On Jun 19, 2009
Aruuuuuuuuuuu grin grin
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by Oxone(m): 12:49am On Jun 19, 2009
Igwe.:

speechless cheesy

same here bro
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 19, 2009
Thumbs up woman.!! Good job
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by tpiah: 4:08am On Jun 19, 2009
besides, the story is either a tall one cooked up by nairaland pseudo journalists, or else the woman is using a fake name.
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by Sissy3(f): 4:49am On Jun 19, 2009
$osisi:

Sick country.
So a man can marry as many women as he wants and they have the guts to arrest a woman for marrying 2 men.
what's the difference again?

ThoniaSlim:

but the question here is if a man can marry two wives. . .without being confronted. . .why can't a woman do the same?  undecided

very well said.
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by savanaha: 4:49am On Jun 19, 2009
tpiah:

double standard, culture or no culture.

However, in Nigeria, I think the normal thing they do is one wife will be married legally or in church, and all the others will be through traditional ceremonies.

That's how they circumvent the law.

So the president's daughter is not legally married to a man with several other wives?
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by tpiah: 4:53am On Jun 19, 2009
savanaha:

So the president's daughter is not legally married to a man with several other wives?

dont know how they do these things up there, but according to civil law, she's not.

However, going by traditional native law and custom, she is. In Islamic law as well.

Its up to her how she wants to interpret her situation.
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by biola44: 8:01am On Jun 19, 2009
:-x
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by Lexiwhite(m): 8:21am On Jun 19, 2009
She has committed an offence by marrying 2 men. From the story line, the 2 men did not even know she was married to someone else, so it is clearly not the same as polygamy - where the current wives at least know about an incoming wife. She has deliberately turned 2 men at each other, she has cheated in her marriages by commiting a federal offence and deserves maximum punishment for her crime.

I bear no sympathy for this woman because she is greedy and self-delusional, wanting to have it all to herself by having 2 men cater for her needs, if she was the one taking care of 2 homes and everyone was aware of this, it would be different and i would feel differently. I hope she gets an adequate sentencing because this is exactly the type of behaviour we do not want from our children.
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by Uche2nna(m): 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2009
Lexiwhite:

She has committed an offence by marrying 2 men. From the story line, the 2 men did not even know she was married to someone else, so it is clearly not the same as polygamy - where the current wives at least know about an incoming wife. She has deliberately turned 2 men at each other, she has cheated in her marriages by commiting a federal offence and deserves maximum punishment for her crime.

I bear no sympathy for this woman because she is greedy and self-delusional, wanting to have it all to herself by having 2 men cater for her needs, if she was the one taking care of 2 homes and everyone was aware of this, it would be different and i would feel differently. I hope she gets an adequate sentencing because this is exactly the type of behaviour we do not want from our children.

I dont give two hoots on whateva happens to the said woman but calling it a federal offense beats me  In Nigeria?

Given she is a cheat, but whats new?

She married two men LEGALLY; both of them dont need to know nor do they even need to consent for it to qualify as polygamy or polyandry or watever U want to call it.
I am sure the Police would have cared less if the woman was substituted for a man and the two men substituted for two women.
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by savanaha: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2009
Uche2nna:

I dont give two hoots on whateva happens to the said woman but calling it a federal offense beats me In Nigeria?

Given she is a cheat, but whats new?

She married two men LEGALLY; both of them dont need to know nor do they even need to consent for it to qualify as polygamy or polyandry or watever U want to call it.
I am sure the Police would have cared less if the woman was substituted for a man and the two men substituted for two women.

Exactly!!! Thank you for understanding that if the situation was reversed it wouldn't be considered a crime. However, seeing as the Nigerian legal system has nothing better to do than to prove that its a man's world this is not shocking. I wonder if all the political big heads and suyaeaters who die having sex with prostitutes would be brought up on charges abetting prostitution. I guess locking the woman up beats locking up corrupt politicians who have been proven to be participants in looting the country's money.
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by spoilt(f): 12:18am On Jun 20, 2009
they arrested a woman for marrying two men?
Im yet to see the prisons crowded with men who have more than one wife.
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by sosisi(f): 12:21am On Jun 20, 2009
spoilt:

Have you seen the injustice in that soured agidi called Nigeria
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by spoilt(f): 12:23am On Jun 20, 2009
@ osisi
The arresting officer probably has 4 wives at home. Hypocrisy. grin
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by sosisi(f): 12:25am On Jun 20, 2009
spoilt:

@ osisi
The arresting officer probably has 4 wives at home. Hypocrisy. grin

and concubines within and without his precinct grin
This is outrageous.
How can a man marry 4 wives and a woman is arrested for marrying just 2 husbands
only 2 grin
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by OgidiBoy(m): 12:28am On Jun 20, 2009
spoilt:

"I maybe wrong" I don't think there are laws against men marrying more than one wife in Nigerian. So nne Spoilt I can make you my second wife if it's ok with oisis.
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by debosky(m): 12:30am On Jun 20, 2009
$osisi:

and concubines within and without his precinct grin
This is outrageous.
How can a man marry 4 wives and a woman is arrested for marrying just 2 husbands
only 2 grin
You can't marry two women at the registry - that's the mistake the woman made. If she did 'traditional wedding' with two of them, then no wahala. grin grin
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by sosisi(f): 12:31am On Jun 20, 2009
debosky:

You can't marry two women at the registry - that's the mistake the woman made. If she did 'traditional wedding' with two of them, then no wahala. grin grin

Ok
chai
poor woman
she should be smarter next time
and also keep them in different cities
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by spoilt(f): 12:36am On Jun 20, 2009
I can marry ten men in Nigerian registries they will never know. Since when did they start keeping good records? grin
Re: Woman Arrested For Marrying Two Men Same Time,wonders Shall Never End In Naija! by sosisi(f): 12:40am On Jun 20, 2009
Even here in America there was a man that married 3 wives and was consummating the marriages for  donkey years before he got busted because small human error. grin
All he needs is a good story why he must travel a lot.
Who is checking records?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Two Beautiful Nigerian Police Ladies Did To Me Yesterday / My First Time Experience In A Night Club. / Do Women Really Care About The Size Of Your D*ck?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.