Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years (7662 Views)

7 Governors Implicated In Anti-magu’s Plot To Stop The Senate Confirmation / Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence / Mohammed Garba Gololo Sex Scandal: US Has 'Video' Of How He Grabbed Hotel Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by coolscott(m): 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
[size=13pt]I was a bit surprised when I viewed the sentencing of a US senator (William Jefferson) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._Jefferson implicated in a bribery scandal in which his agreement to bribe our then vice president became revealed. You can still find the sentencing file hosted on the US Department of Justice's site.

What was really surprising was the citing of exhibits 36-87 revealing wire transfers from a Nigerian account in the name of Aisha Buhari to the account of ANJ Group LLC, identifying the American senator as the beneficiary.

This lends credit to the allegations of missing $2.8billion dollars under Buhari's watch in 1983

It also I believe explains why Buhari found it okay to serve under the Abacha administration and eventually say after Abacha passed away, that "Abacha never stole".

It is his public declaration that Abacha never stole combined with the fact that he served under Abacha that raised serious red flags in my mind about him. Why would anyone (especially one who served under Abacha) make such a declaration? It stands to reason that the only reason he would say that is that he had very strong reasons for which he would want us to believe that statement.
And I make bold to say that those reasons are almost certainly self-protective.

As I write this, it occurs to me that the man (Buhari) does not really respect Nigerians at all. Or else how could he have declared such a feeble lie, expecting anyone to believe it?

Anyway, this is the link to the US Department of Justice-hosted sentencing implicating Aisha Buhari in the Criminal Fraud case of William Jefferson, now serving his term in the US:

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/criminal-fraud/legacy/2012/06/01/11-06-09jefferson-sent-memo.pdf

Screen shots attached below
[/size]

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Theyveedo(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
Haba Baba go slow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Demmocrats(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
grin grin grin All the plans of the enemies will never work on my Sai Buhari.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by jaymejate: 12:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
[size=15pt]wahala de o[/size]
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by MXrep: 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
THe dullar.d ate yams too?? I can see Dumebi Kachikwu, is he related to Ibe Kachikwu?? was ibe kachikwu appointed based on this connection??

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
When you fight corruption, it fights back. NOI said this, Buhari is realising it.

It's good to know that Buhari was a yam roaster, roasting yams for his dear wife to chop.

Anyway, this event is pre-Jonathan era and is technically barred from investigation by our anti-corruption agencies.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by chronos: 12:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
What do you expect from a man who doesn't consider abacha kworrupt

Bubu is just using this corruption thing as a facade for his witch hunting scheme...

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by alcmene: 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
we must take to the street to demand Buhari's resignation

Buhari and his house hold are all crooks

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by vicstar(m): 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
BABA's response: "my son that's another way to fight corruption head on" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by erunz(m): 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
okay
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by kayfra: 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
The Kachikwu involved is the kid brother of the current NNPC MD. Nepotism in naija. We all getting fleeced.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
This should not be swept under the rug. President Buhari, his wife and Ibe Kachuckwu need to explain to us what transpired.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Confusionist(m): 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
By the time we hear the whole story, we go knw say na half story the enemy wan use paint us.
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Bevista: 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This should not be swept under the rug. President Buhari, his wife and Ibe Kachuckwu need to explain to us what transpired.
While I have been able to confirm that Dumebi Kachikwu is a brother to Ibe Kachikwu, can you confirm to me that the Aisha Buhari referred to is wife of Muhammadu Buhari? And why should Ibe answer questions for an act committed by Dumebi?
---
I'll reserve further comments for now.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Daintelectual(m): 1:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
Corruption is different from kwarupshun!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bevista:
While I have been able to confirm that Dumebi Kachikwu is a brother to Ibe Kachikwu, can you confirm to me that the Aisha Buhari referred to is wife of Muhammadu Buhari? And why should Ibe answer questions for an act committed by Dumebi?
---
I'll reserve further comments for now.
We have to know whether Ibe used Dumebi as a front or otherwise. Atiku also has a case to answer in the Jefferson case. The Aisha Buhari is the only Aisha Buhari that we have in Nigeria. Do you know any other Aisha Buhari?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Acjohn(m): 1:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
I would not say anything yet, cos that man can't handle all the corruption cases at once and do it well.
But Magu you better start saying something before we will say you too na Magu Magu man.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by omenka(m): 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
Before election, we saw this crap as they tried to use it to taint Baba's image.

After the election, they brought it forward again.

When the corruption fight started yielding fruits, they brought it up.

Now, they are still bringing it up.

Na una go tire. cheesy

Useless Ekpas. Instead of them joining their brothers to protest using banners in the streets of Aba, they come on the forum spreading very dull stories that we've read over a million times.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Bevista: 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

We have to know whether Ibe used Dumebi as a front or otherwise. Atiku also has a case to answer in the Jefferson case. The Aisha Buhari is the only Aisha Buhari that we have in Nigeria. Do you know any other Aisha Buhari?
Quite frankly, I don't. But I'll be shocked if there's only one Aisha Buhari in the country. I would think that Aisha and Buhari are fairly common names in the north? I guess I am wrong. My bad!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by asha80(m): 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
omenka:
Before election, we saw this crap as they tried to use it to taint Baba's image.

Na una go tire. cheesy

Useless Ekpas. Instead of them joining their brothers to protest using banners in the streets of Aba, they come on the forum spreading very dull stories that we've read over a million times.
you really have a thing against igbos otherwise I dont see the reason why you just had to use aba.take it easy because it is really eating you up

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by imsuboi(m): 1:41pm On Jan 12, 2016
Demmocrats:
grin grin grin All the plans of the enemies will never work on my Sai Buhari.

omenka:

Na una go tire. cheesy

[size=18pt] apc zombies[/size]

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Wordsmith01: 1:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
...watching...
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by coolscott(m): 1:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
MXrep:
THe dullar.d ate yams too?? I can see Dumebi Kachikwu, is he related to Ibe Kachikwu?? was ibe kachikwu appointed based on this connection??
I think Dumebi Kachikwu is related to Kema Chikwe through marriage to one of the former Minister's relations
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by coolscott(m): 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
mulante:
When you fight corruption, it fights back. NOI said this, Buhari is realising it.

It's good to know that Buhari was a yam roaster, roasting yams for his dear wife to chop.

Anyway, this event is pre-Jonathan era and is technically barred from investigation by our anti-corruption agencies.

[size=13pt]On whose authority is it barred?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bevista:
Quite frankly, I don't. But I'll be shocked if there's only one Aisha Buhari in the country. I would think that Aisha and Buhari are fairly common names in the north? I guess I am wrong. My bad!
Aisha is common but Aisha Buhari is not.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by richidinho(m): 1:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bevista:

lol..like seriously!

LWKMD....APC e-rat ehn!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by coolscott(m): 1:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bevista:
[size=13pt]Well, I think the question to ask is how many Aisha Buharis are...

i) Within the corridors of Nigerian power,
ii) Connected with ruling class figures like Atiku and
iii) Have any connection with Mr. Kachikwu

The triangle of connections (which includes the appointment of the elder brother of Dumebi Kachikwu as NNPC boss by Buhari) firmly places Aisha Buhari head and shoulders above every other possible.

[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Bevista: 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]Well, I think the question to ask is how many Aisha Buharis are

i) Within the corridors of Nigerian power,
ii) Connected with ruling class figures like Atiku and
iii) Have any connection with Mr. Kachikwu

The triangle of connections (which includes the appointment of the elder brother of Dumebi Kachikwu as NNPC head by Buhari) firmly places Aisha Buhari head and shoulders above every other possible.

[/size]
I wouldn't disagree with that theory.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bevista:
I wouldn't disagree with that theory.
We should drop sentiment and demand for explanation from the Presidency

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Chigorkizz(m): 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
more to come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari To West African Leaders: It’s Time To Stamp Out Terrorism / The Economist And Its Unrelenting Doom, Gloom About Nigeria - Fredrick Nwabufo / May 29: Tinubu's Presidential Inauguration Car Has Landed (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.