Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years (7684 Views)

7 Governors Implicated In Anti-magu’s Plot To Stop The Senate Confirmation / Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence / Mohammed Garba Gololo Sex Scandal: US Has 'Video' Of How He Grabbed Hotel Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by saaedlee: 9:51pm On Jan 12, 2016
I see you sir; Seun

Op, why not setup an online petition and forward same to the US Justice Department requesting to see those exhibits (36-87). That way you'll know who to apportion blame. Besides, former VP; Atiku Abubakar was never indicted.
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by coolscott(m): 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
texazzpete:

But we don't know the reason why you're still on this fruitless path when some posters - who obviously dwarf you in intellect - have already clarified that the person referred to as 'aisha buhari' is a scammer who is not related to PMB.
[size=13pt]Clarification Seen[/size]
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by coolscott(m): 10:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
saaedlee:
I see you sir; Seun

Op, why not setup an online petition and forward same to the US Justice Department requesting to see those exhibits (36-87). That way you'll know who to apportion blame. Besides, former VP; Atiku Abubakar was never indicted.
[size=13pt]There is some publication that seems to indicate that the said Aisha Buhari was just a scamming impersonator.
As for Atiku Abubakar, the US govt established that the only reason Senator Jefferson did not give him the bribe (of about $100,000) is that he (Mr. Jefferson) could not reach Mr. Atiku before the VP left the States on the very day he was supposed to give him the bribe.

On that count, the jury found Mr. Jefferson not guilty but found him guilty on the other counts.
[/size]
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by dazdilijae(m): 11:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
coolscott:
[size=13pt]I was a bit surprised when I viewed the sentencing of a US senator (William Jefferson) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._Jefferson implicated in a bribery scandal in which his agreement to bribe our then vice president became revealed. You can still find the sentencing file hosted on the US Department of Justice's site.

What was really surprising was the citing of exhibits 36-87 revealing wire transfers from a Nigerian account in the name of Aisha Buhari to the account of ANJ Group LLC, identifying the American senator as the beneficiary.

This lends credit to the allegations of missing $2.8billion dollars under Buhari's watch in 1983

It also I believe explains why Buhari found it okay to serve under the Abacha administration and eventually say after Abacha passed away, that "Abacha never stole".

It is his public declaration that Abacha never stole combined with the fact that he served under Abacha that raised serious red flags in my mind about him. Why would anyone (especially one who served under Abacha) make such a declaration? It stands to reason that the only reason he would say that is that he had very strong reasons for which he would want us to believe that statement.
And I make bold to say that those reasons are almost certainly self-protective.

As I write this, it occurs to me that the man (Buhari) does not really respect Nigerians at all. Or else how could he have declared such a feeble lie, expecting anyone to believe it?

Anyway, this is the link to the US Department of Justice-hosted sentencing implicating Aisha Buhari in the Criminal Fraud case of William Jefferson, now serving his term in the US:

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/criminal-fraud/legacy/2012/06/01/11-06-09jefferson-sent-memo.pdf

Screen shots attached below
[/size]

Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING!! President Buhari Petitions International Community Over IPOB & Biafra / Bazoum: Nigeria Still Asking For Deposed Niger President’s Release — Minister / "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.