Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years (7690 Views)

7 Governors Implicated In Anti-magu’s Plot To Stop The Senate Confirmation / Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence / Mohammed Garba Gololo Sex Scandal: US Has 'Video' Of How He Grabbed Hotel Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Bevista: 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
We should drop sentiment and demand for explanation from the Presidency
And what would you consider sentimental about my post? I simply agreed with the previous comment which provided a logical theory why the Aisha Buhari being referred to is most likely the President’s wife.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by omenka(m): 2:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
asha80:
you really have a thing against igbos otherwise I dont see the reason why you just had to use aba.take it easy because it is really eating you up
Wow!! I thank you guys for the abundant love you have for everyone else in Nigeria. Bravo.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by johnmartus(m): 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
I THINK CAMPAIGN IS OVER? THIS IS A BLATANT LIE I CLICK THE WEBSITE IT ASKING ME TO DOWNLOAD THE ARTICLE HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED SINCE LAST GENERAL ELECTION I MEANT DURING THE LAST PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IN ORDER TO RUBBISH BUHARI AND OPPOSITTION PARTY MISCHIEVOUS.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by 400billionman: 2:28pm On Jan 12, 2016
grin He denied $300,000 and two jeeps.

What do you expect ?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by asha80(m): 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
omenka:
Wow!! I thank you guys for the abundant love you have for everyone else in Nigeria. Bravo.
and I assume it is all igbos that are against this administration? Even the ones you know support this administration? You see how silly you are sounding? Do you even know where I lean? So every Igbo person you know displays hostility towards others? And you think yourself enlightened? Like I said take it easy before it eats you up

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by omenka(m): 2:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
asha80:
and I assume it is all igbos that are against this administration? Even the ones you know support this administration? You see how silly you are sounding? Do you even know where I lean? So every Igbo person you know displays hostility towards others? And you think yourself enlightened? Like I said take it easy before it eats you up
And I assume it is all Igbos I hate.

Do you see how intelligent you sound??

Take it easy before hypocrisy builds you up.

#cheers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by ChristStriker(m): 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
MXrep:
THe dullar.d ate yams too?? I can see Dumebi Kachikwu, is he related to Ibe Kachikwu?? was ibe kachikwu appointed based on this connection??

Are you thinking what I am thing? Also to add to the fact that Buhari told all us of that Abacha never stole when we know that the be a big lie.

Something is seriously wrong here.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by asha80(m): 2:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
omenka:
And I assume it is all Igbos I hate.

Do you see how intelligent you sound??

Take it easy before hypocrisy builds you up.

#cheers.
hypocrisy builds up in someone and does not build up one

Of course you can mask it but inference shows you hate all by this statement you made in another thread ' this is the reason I have more respect for other regions of the country' because of a demonstration of obviously sponsored touts that also occur in other places

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This should not be swept under the rug. President Buhari, his wife and Ibe Kachuckwu need to explain to us what transpired.
Do you know the Aisha buhari that was involved in this scam? Are u the only one bearing your names?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by ishiamu(m): 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by omenka(m): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
asha80:
hypocrisy builds up in someone and does not build up one

Of course you can mask it but inference shows you hate all by this statement you made in another thread ' this is the reason I have more respect for other regions of the country' because of a demonstration of obviously sponsored touts that also occur in other places
You know what? I hate all Igbos. Now take those words, chew them, swallow them, and make sure you grow fat on consuming them.

Hope you can stop spamming my mentions now.

Happy now I presume?? Congrats lover of all people. wink
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

We have to know whether Ibe used Dumebi as a front or otherwise. Atiku also has a case to answer in the Jefferson case. The Aisha Buhari is the only Aisha Buhari that we have in Nigeria. Do you know any other Aisha Buhari?

I know @least 20 Aish Buhari............one of them was my teacher at the secondary sschool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by asha80(m): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
omenka:
You know what? I hate all Igbos. Now take those words, chew them, swallow them, and make sure you grow fat on consuming them.

Hope you can stop spamming my mentions now.

Happy now I presume?? Congrats lover of all people. wink
lol stop spamming your mentions?? I will do whatever I like with your mentions and there is nothing you can do about it

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
grin
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
IyaIode:

Do you know the Aisha buhari that was involved in this scam? Are u the only one bearing your names?
That is why we need their clarification. However, I don't think there is any other prominent Aisha Buhari apart from first lady.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by frankyychiji(f): 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
coolscott:

I think Dumebi Kachikwu is related to Kema Chikwe through marriage to one of the former Minister's relations
Shutop! Don't venture into stories you cannot expatiate. You obviously know nothing about kema!
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by ChristStriker(m): 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
Lalasticlala & Seun please all Nigerians should see this.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
OGACLO:

I know @least 20 Aish Buhari............one of them was my teacher at the secondary sschool
You know this is funny. The so-called Aisha Buharis are relatively unknown. Let them address it
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
Buhari must immediately arrest his wife or resign from office!!!!

The court documents clearly show that Buhari's wife benefited from the proceeds of corruption!

If Buhari has no intention to fight corruption then let him forget it and focus on job creation

otherwise AISHA Buhari must answer corruption questions!!!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
Front page please
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
Daintelectual:
Corruption is different from kwarupshun!
grin cheesy grin
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]On whose authority is it barred?[/size]

On the authority of our supreme leader and "Presidictator". I am sure you know who.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by OnReflection: 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
coolscott:
[size=13pt]I was a bit surprised when I viewed the sentencing of a US senator (William Jefferson) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._Jefferson implicated in a bribery scandal in which his agreement to bribe our then vice president became revealed. You can still find the sentencing file hosted on the US Department of Justice's site.

What was really surprising is was the citing of exhibits 36-87 revealing wire transfers from a Nigerian account in the name of Aisha Buhari to the account of ANJ Group LLC, identifying the senator as the beneficiary.

This lends credit to the allegations of missin $2.8billion dollars under Buhari's watch

It also I believe explains why Buhari found it okay to serve under the Abacha administration and eventually say after Abacha passed away, that "Abacha never stole".

It is his public declaration that Abacha never stole combined with the fact that he served under Abacha that raised serious red flags in my mind about him. Why would anyone (especially one who served under Abacha) make such a declaration? It stands to reason that the only reason he would say that is that he had very strong reasons for which he would want us to believe that statement.
And I make bold to say that those reasons are almost certainly self-protective.

As I write this, it occurs to me that the man (Buhari) does not really respect Nigerians at all. Or else how could he have declared such a feeble lie, expecting anyone to believe it?

Anyway, this is the link to the US Department of Justice-hosted sentencing implicating Aisha Buhari in the Criminal Fraud case of William Jefferson, now serving his term in the US:

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/criminal-fraud/legacy/2012/06/01/11-06-09jefferson-sent-memo.pdf

Screen shots attached below
[/size]

Aisha Buhari gave evidence to the grand jury and yet we don't know who she is?
@OP, you've really got your work cut out here.... grin grin grin

Three years ago, Aisha Buhari, a middle-aged Nigerian woman, stood at a perfume counter inside a Washington pharmacy and, according to an African immigrant named Joshua Assiba who said he was also there, bought thousands of dollars of merchandise.

“You must be a rich woman, looking at the way you dress and spend money,” Mr. Assiba recalls telling Ms. Buhari.

As the pair struck up a conversation and subsequently became friends, Mr. Assiba, then a security guard, said she told him that her father was the former military ruler of Nigeria, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, and that her American friends included politicians like Mr. Jefferson of Louisiana.

Mr. Assiba, who was scouting investors for his own African projects, had been introduced earlier to Mr. Hines. The lobbyist, Mr. Assiba told Ms. Buhari, was just the man Mr. Attah needed.

Term limits barred him from running again for governor, and so he cast his eye on becoming Nigeria’s next president. To prepare for that run, he needed to raise his profile at home and abroad. So when he received a telephone call from Ms. Buhari in 2005 endorsing Mr. Hines as someone who could help, he said he agreed to hire him.

“All I needed to do was ask Aisha if she knew him,” Mr. Attah recalls.

Mr. Attah says he knows Ms. Buhari’s father, who is still a powerful Nigerian politician, by reputation. He also met her, he said, in 2001 when she accompanied a group of American politicians that included Mr. Jefferson to Akwa Ibom to see oil-related pollution problems there.

But in September 2005, a week after Mr. Attah signed the Akwa Ibom contract, Mr. Hines sent a letter to State Department officials in Nigeria urging them to renew Ms. Buhari’s American visa; the letter stated that his firm had hired her as a “consultant” and that her contract was “available on request” for inspection.

Mr. Creed had tried to get the deal, but it was Ms. Buhari, the Nigerian woman, who suddenly re-emerged to snatch the prize.

As for Ms. Buhari, who is living in Virginia, it’s not clear who she really is. For one, she is under investigation in Nigeria by its Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, said its head, Nuhu Ribadu.

Mr. Ribadu said he is uncertain if her name is Aisha Buhari, but he added that she is not a daughter of General Buhari. The former Nigerian ruler agrees.

“I don’t have any relationship with that Aisha Buhari,” Mr. Buhari said. “I don’t have any daughter called Aisha Buhari living outside this country. She is not my daughter.”

The Nigerian official said that American authorities suspect that Ms. Buhari may have served as a financial conduit for the politician. Mr. Jefferson has not been charged with any crimes and has denied any wrongdoing; his lawyer declined to comment.Mr. Ondeck, whose experience as a lawyer is highlighted on GlobalOptions’ Web site, accompanied Ms. Buhari to the courthouse on the day of her testimony. But he did not go as her lawyer; several years ago, he was disbarred.

On a recent day, Ms. Buhari stepped out of her town house in suburban Washington, wearing a long blue patterned dress and a head scarf decorated with strands of colorful threads. She declined to speak with a reporter seeking an interview.

“You have no business here,” she said. “I’ll call the authorities.”

Source: http://www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish/Africa_8/Teed_Up_Golf_K_Street_and_Nigeria_28800.shtml

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by OnReflection: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
I know what I am about to reveal below would go over the head of @OP and his ilk yet again, but since we just never know who might benefit from this kind of research; here is some metadata on Aisha Buhari wink

As for Ms. Buhari, who is living in Virginia, it’s not clear who she really is. For one, she is under investigation in Nigeria by its Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, said its head, Nuhu Ribadu.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by AlPeter: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This should not be swept under the rug. President Buhari, his wife and Ibe Kachuckwu need to explain to us what transpired.
is this not the case where the so-called Aisha Buhari was a daughter to Muhammad Buhari, this is a case of impersonation and it's been dealt with several times on Nairaland. Lalasticlala delete this thread please. http://www.post-nigeria.com/us-court-documents-reveal-aisha-buharis-involvement-in-the-atiku-jefferson-scandal/
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by carinmom(f): 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bevista:
Quite frankly, I don't. But I'll be shocked if there's only one Aisha Buhari in the country. I would think that Aisha and Buhari are fairly common names in the north? I guess I am wrong. My bad!
Don't mind Tonyebarcanista i can tell you with all sincerity that there is another Aisha Buhari that i know very well here in Kaduna. Its even ludicrous to imagine that there is only one Aisha Buhari in the entire country.
Re: Buhari Implicated In US Bribery Scandal. US Senator Sentenced To 13 Years by Okanokan(m): 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
That's the joke call NIGERIA! A man whose wife wore a 13million naira wristwatch to a Presidential Inauguration, and whose daughters wears a 200.000naira shoe how do you expect him to fight corruption.
When the moral fibre of the nuclear family is broken what right has the man to tell others not to steal.
Nigerians will have to fight to retake back our Nation from this Economic buccaneers masquerading as Leaders!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asset Declaration: Fashola, Adeosun, Amaechi, 16 Others Yet To Fully Comply; CCB / Buhari: State Of Nigeria's Education Worrisome, Calls For Serious Concern / Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.