Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting (1177 Views)

Nyesome Wike And Girlfriend Courting In The Law School(throwback) / If She Frustrates You While Courting Her, Frustrate Her In The Relationship / See The Difference Between Dating A Boy And Dating A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
1.what are the differencies?
2.what is dating? relationship to cohabiting?
3.what is courting(courtship)?
4.what is the essence of both? any different goals?
5.which one is more beta and reliable(safe)?
6.is it true d principle u have to test drive ur car b4 buying also work in human relationship?
7.if so, do dat means we must sample as many specimens(dicks&pvssys-dont forget emotions "are" involved oo) as possibe before getting MR/MRS RIGHT?
8.if it were u which one will u practise?
LETS HEAR YOUR VOICES(SUPERB CONTRIBUTIONS)!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by Penssuwa(m): 2:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
One has marriage in view, the other is just an expression of affection... and probably a faint hope of marriage.
One is for those who are ready or almost ready.
One is biblically recognized, the other has no biblical definition.
Both are not wrong until you include sex (which is never part of any but an incidental eventuality)

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by AccaPack(m): 2:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
This is not dictionary or wikipedia meanings.

Dating: This is when u have one or more partner, It could be a No sex relationship but mostly a sexual one.
Some are doing this in order to choose one out of those partners of theirs for courtship while many are doing it because marriage is not yet in their dictionary.

Those in this category are mostly under 22 girls and under 26 guys or jobless under 30 guys( northerners excluded here because they believe in early marriage).

Courtship : This is the stage where a lady and a man have decided to marry each other, they are just waiting for the right time to do it. Cheating is not common here unlike Dating.
They are known by friends and families as would-be- couple.

You don't need to engage in sex before u test drive cos premarital sex is a sin.
Romance should be enough , at least u can feel and touch each other.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by ucnwafor(m): 2:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
Dating means taking him or her out for casual friendship while courtship is a legal relationship/company btw fiance and fiancee until marriage

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
ucnwafor:
Dating means taking him or her out for casual friendship while courtship is a legal relationship/company btw fiance and fiancee until marriage

Which one do you recommend?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
KashyBaby your knowledge is needed
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by ucnwafor(m): 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
WiLdFLame:

Which one do you recommend?
ofcus if u nt blind why won't I go for courtship Abi u like dating and wasting your hard earned money on whom u will not still marry

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
For me, these 2 has no difference except for the spelling grin

Different country, different usage but meaning is juz d same "feeling the love @ the moment".

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
ucnwafor:
ofcus if u nt blind why won't I go for courtship Abi u like dating and wasting your hard earned money on whom u will not still marry

Bt everybody practise dating nau
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by ucnwafor(m): 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
WiLdFLame:

Bt everybody practise dating nau
yes ofcus cos it s the in every society, u nd I need someone that will keep us company and we can't run away from it
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by ucnwafor(m): 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
KashyBaby:
For me, these 2 has no difference except for the spelling grin

Different country, different usage but meaning is juz d same "feeling the love @ the moment".
probably kashy u don't see the difference between the two.....
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
[quote author=AccaPack post=41904856][/quote] though hilarious, you make sense die
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by AccaPack(m): 3:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
WiLdFLame:

though hilarious, you make sense die
cheesy
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by Csami(m): 3:38pm On Jan 12, 2016
No difference

1 Like

Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
Csami:
No difference
are u sure?
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by Csami(m): 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
WiLdFLame:

are u sure?

101% sure
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by xexy: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
here to learn
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by cruzita(f): 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
I don't see any difference abeg
Re: What Are The Differences Between Dating And Courting by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2016
Courting
Its been long I heard the work last!
I guess it practically doesn't exist anymore!

(1) (Reply)

13 Kinds Of Men A Woman Should Never Spend Her Life With! / Nairalanders, Rate My Looks / Val: How Many Dickz And Kitty-cats Did U Fork Yesterday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.