Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times (39688 Views)

Precious Sonia Chikwendu: EFCC's Statement On The Detention Of Fani-kayode Wife / Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard / $2.1 Billion Arms Scandal: Angry Olisa Metuh Tears Statement He Made To EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
So Metuh Voluntarily made the statement and didnt sign it then,then suddenly days later the EFCC presents it to him to sign it and he tears it up!!! What sort of dumb story is this?

It is obvious the EFCC has got nothing concrete on Olisa Metuh but are rather tryong to force him to make a statement implicating himself!!! If they have any evidence why then the reluctance to take him to court!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by KMJY(f): 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
How long will this propaganda continue? Is the EFCC trying to tell us that they were not recording his confession during the probe bt rather relying on the statement he allegedly wrote? I don't seem to understand dis saga

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pics and videos of him tearing and eating his statement

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Feli2015: 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
The embattled spokesperson of EFCC tore a statement voluntarily made to EFCC.......What a news
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by EroticJane(f): 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
Ok watching from 3D
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
Tru, these guys ate illegal money, but cant they claim they were paid for the value of their services to Jonathans campaign? If i measure my service as worth 100Million Naira, any other person saying its too much is only speaking his personal opinion, you cant charge me for the value i place on my services.

"Jonathan paid me for my campaign services" simple

The only person i think they have a strong case against still remains Dasuki, any other person is only being cajoled (from a rational point of view)

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by DJBIGGY(m): 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
DerideGull:
Nigerians and their animalistic intellect or lack thereof. In this day and age, a man cannot make a confession and he is presented with the written confession only for him to tear the paper. Does it mean that EFCC cannot afford electronic tape recorder? A voice-recorded confession is more damning than a useless written confession on a silly piece of paper. APC, Buhari and EFCC are bunch of useless dimwits. These goons can only bamboozle gullible Nigerians.

Its easy for a story to come up that it's now his voice and and it was edited .... In a matter of law and crime and court cases... Documents are proof for everything
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by h2obobo(m): 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
This our politicians can be very comical, imagine!! Well i dey enjoy the unending season film sha, next season plsssssss
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by maduxs: 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
What a bunch of lies for the pit of hell
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Wizprodigy: 8:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
Modz, make una no vex ooo but abeg make person log in naij.com check wetin dem the tok about biafra passport then some1 should post the topic make i view hate comment.
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by adadadon(m): 8:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
DerideGull:
Nigerians and their animalistic intellect or lack thereof. In this day and age, a man cannot make a confession and he is presented with the written confession only for him to tear the paper. Does it mean that EFCC cannot afford electronic tape recorder? A voice-recorded confession is more damning than a useless written confession on a silly piece of paper. APC, Buhari and EFCC are bunch of useless dimwits. These goons can only bamboozle gullible Nigerians.
Nigeria's laws do not make provision for tape recording
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
Aunty modath eku ojo meta o. Olisah metuh don vex oo cheesy
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by slimfit1(m): 8:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
dtruth3:
Nonsense. The EFCC has no case against this man. See how they are running up and down! It is now Olisa Metu tearing Gvt piece of papers!

You go to other countries and do that you will know the value of a tiny paper some people with their third world way of thinking self just full this nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by mekaboy(m): 8:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
gcode123:
Tru, these guys ate illegal money, but cant they claim they were paid for the value of their services to Jonathans campaign? If i measure my service as worth 100Million Naira, any other person saying its too much is only speaking his personal opinion, you cant charge me for the value i place on my services.

"Jonathan paid me for my campaign services" simple

The only person i think they have a strong case against still remains Dasuki, any other person is only being cajoled (from a rational point of view)

I believe that is what metu might have said, but it is not acceptable to the EFCC, unless he accepts to return the money. That is why they are giving this crap as a reason for continuous detention.
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Montaque(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
When at a police custody and they browbeat me into writing a confessional or they wrote it for me despite my protest, at the first sight of having it on my hands, I will tear it into shreds.
People should read thru the lines.
what is happening inside EFCC?
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
chukwudi44:
So Metuh Voluntarily made the statement and didnt sign it then,then suddenly days later the EFCC presents it to him to sign it and he tears it up!!! What sort of dumb story is this?
It is obvious the EFCC has got nothing concrete on Olisa Metuh but are rather tryong to force him to make a statement implicating himself!!! If they have any evidence why then the reluctance to take him to court!!!

Exactly bro...the second part. Its like whining a man to submit to something against his will for promise of another thing.....and then turn to take him up against his words. old crook style...Nigerian police things
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Ahmeduana(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
DerideGull:
I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY THAN TO SAY MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR NOT ALLOWING ZOMBIE VIRUS TO INFECT YOUR THINKING FACULTY, THANKS VERY MUCH, MAY YOUR SENSE OF REASONING INCREASE IN MULTIPLES.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by chinchum(m): 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
aieromon:
Na so madness dey start....when did goats start eating papers?

look at

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Igbaba2: 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
Dat means he has skeleton in his cupboard.
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Ahmeduana(m): 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
Anticabal:

They interrogate you by mouth, write the statements by themselves and then give you to sign. Funny daurans!
WALAHI YOU FUNNY DIE!

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Montaque(m): 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
adadadon:

Nigeria's laws do not make provision for tape recording
Who told you?
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by modath(f): 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
irunooboo:
Aunty mo eku ojo meta o. Olisah metuh don vex oo cheesy

I hate few people, Nurse is one of them!! They should roughen him up a bit!! Thought he is a king kong , he never chin Chun chin!!

Ojo Kan pelu!! E ku igabdun.. ire ooo
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by musa12345: 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
teadrake:

What kind of job could have attracted the disbursement of 400million to Metuh? is he a contractor?instead of you to ask the right questions and see things in a more reasonable and a concerned citizen, you're playing politics here.

EFCC Nigerians are not fools, are you people looking for 1.trillion or $2.1billion dollar, as of the 2014, $2.1b is about 300 billion Naira, so if what you Efcc is telling, after Dasuki share $billion how come the money 1.trillion found in four top army personnel still become part of arm deal money. please you EFCC should start telling us truth and how much exactly have been mismanage.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
DerideGull:

I have to say the dullness of EFCC is a big impediment in the fight against corruption. But then when you think about it, If you were the brightest of the bright, would you work for EFCC?

Their brand of investigation/prosecution basically goes like this

We beleive XYZ is guilty of an offense, let's arrest him, make a big media splash and hope he makes a confession.

wheras smart people would do their investigative work quietly and only when they have all the evidence they need and are ready to prosecute will they arrest. In which case if you like confess, if you like don't confess, we have all the evidence we need.
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by abbey621(m): 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
The embattled spokesperson of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Tuesday tore a statement he voluntarily made to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission regarding his alleged involvement in the $2.1billion arms fraud being investigated by the anti-graft agency.

Fake news! Metuh is now spokeperson for EFCC abi, jokers!
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Lawalmuda(m): 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
efcc shoud have beat that his ugly mouth
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by olajide8(m): 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
DerideGull:

The Nigerian law does not admit electronic evidence the national assembly has not passed laws to change this till date - he is a common thief - those that fight the most are those that are the biggest beneficiaries of stealing, that took place in nigeria
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
Anyone still in doubt that Jonathan, Muazu, Metuh et al are clinical criminals is in life-threatening denial! Imagine Fortunatus still our President with Madam Shepopotamus in tow!
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Montaque(m): 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
Luukasz:
If possible EFCC should hand over the corrupt fool over to SARS By the time they torture him am sure he will open up.

SARS has tortured u before now.
But that's not how to treat a citizen, both in Apostle Paul's time and this 21st century.
Now you accepted the wrongs they did to you and recommend it for another person.
Get civilized.
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
olajide8:

The Nigerian law does not admit electronic evidence the national assembly has not passed laws to change this till date

Noted!

Nonetheless, if you have the evidence you need from your investigative work, why do you need his confession? if you dont have evidence, why arrest and detain indefinitely?

Dont get me wrong, I cant stand the guy, I cringe when I hear him speak but we must learn to do things the right way and instill professionalism into our ways. Even when you know a suspect is guilty, you have to prove your case, he has a right to plead not guilty of not to confess.
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Montaque(m): 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
DropShot:

You're not well informed but just pretending to know something.

Upon arrest, a suspect is expected to make statements to investigating authorities irrespective of whatever evidence they have gathered prior to his arrest. Only after making such statements may he then be charged to court.
In Mettuh's case, his failure to make statements and cooperate with EFCC left the agency with no option than to apply for holding order to detain him in the hope he will cooperate. Hence his detention is perfectly in order legally. His continued refusal to write statements will mean an extension to that order to further detain him and NOTHING anybody can do to help him.

Read the ACJ Act and educate yourself further.

Is it mandatory to make a statement while in police custody?
Re: Olisa Metuh Tears EFCC Statement He Made - Premium Times by Chubhie: 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
dtruth3:
Nonsense. The EFCC has no case against this man. See how they are running up and down! It is now Olisa Metu tearing Gvt piece of papers!
They trying every trick in the book to discredit him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inside Details On Why Cabal Is Angry With Osinbajo - Daily Post / Mama Boko Haram Reacts To The Release Of #dapchi Schoolgirls / PDP Members In Free-For-All Fight In Celestine Omehia's House (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.