Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing (8796 Views)

Breaking News: Chevron Suffers Another Attack From Niger Delta Avengers / Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) / Tompolo: Militants Intensify Attacks On Oil Pipelines, oil companies shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by GreyLaw(m): 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
iokpebholo:
if he is a former military ruler then who is obasanjo?go and ask any soldier who served in d creeks during objs time.even wit 10 buhari put togeda,its better we apply wisdam as a nation.
You know, people blow this former military rulee thing as though it's some magic wand, or indian sign. OBJ faced it all through his time as President. It was Yaradua who solved the problem with GEJ, and it was through dialogue. Force doesn't always solve problems.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Mcbussy(m): 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
quid:

^^ All this one na empty grammar.

I know ur type...for now, it's grammar, but by the time they raze all ur riverine villages, it would be ur turn to start posting grammar and shouting genocide. grin
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
ipob youth will be responsible for this act
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Mcbussy(m): 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
qtx:

Bro stop ranting, tompolo is not afraid of death. Do you think a normal human being will challenge a government of a nation? I dont think that guy sends buhari, he will fight , destroy and get to a point where the government forces are about to capture him and he will blow up himself. By that time the harm has already been done, aside several thousands of his kind in the creek to continue. well, that guy seem to know what Buhari doesnt .Government delayed the collection of the warship from him and so on.My thought.

He's not afraid to die indeed...I'm sure that was why they took d amnesty deal when they were close to being squashed like bugs...I'm sure Asarï too ain't afraid, that was why he went on exile until his clueless brother came into power. undecided

Keep deceiving urselves. grin
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by IVORY2009(m): 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
GreyLaw:

You know, people blow this former military rulee thing as though it's some magic wand, or indian sign. OBJ faced it all through his time as President. It was Yaradua who solved the problem with GEJ, and it was through dialogue. Force doesn't always solve problems.

The problem is that most people in here are under rating the powers of the militant, they claim since Buhari is a former "Military ruler" he can deal with dem, forgetting that Obasanjor was equally a "Military ruler" but could not do anything, rather distruction, if not late president Yara' dua of blessed memory, militacy would not have stopped in the delta, I have said it so many times, if Buhari tries to use force, he will not yield any result, the country will only be in crisis, Boko haram in the [North], Niger Delta Militant in the [South-South], Ipod in the [South-East] who knows wat the South West will bring tomorrow, the watch word is peace.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by iokpebholo: 9:46pm On Jan 16, 2016
GreyLaw:

tanks my broda.force wil only escalate the situation.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by 49cents(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2016
Trouble dey sleep buhari go wake am

All these guys talking about yam eaters should apply themselves for a change....yorubas have five times the land in the SE yet they refuse to farm

All they know is aso ebi and owambe and ise-kekere-owo-nla

As for me I just dey observe till the fullness

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by MissAmaka: 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
49cents:
Trouble dey sleep buhari go wake am

All these guys talking about yam eaters should apply themselves for a change....yorubas have five times the land in the SE yet they refuse to farm

All they know is aso ebi and owambe and ise-kekere-owo-nla

As for me I just dey observe till the fullness

lazy people and they should be lucky to have nigeria but soon hmmm

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by nigerianvenom(m): 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
ehissi:
Finally! He has chosen to display a remarkable amount of stupidity by creating a face-off between him and Niger-delta militants!!

Of what benefit is to be had by breaking whatever existing relationships that exist between him and the Leaders of the Militants!!

He is busy looking for figures and legacies of the last government to destroy; I pity him greatly!!

God has given him a second chance to right whatever wrongs of 1984 and he chooses to use it to create enmity with people who have a capacity for warfare!!

What will other militants watching on the side say; will Buhari be willing to turn the South-south to warzone like maiduguri in the name of a vendetta/witch-hunting against what appear to be known figures associated with the last administration

At a time when the Nation is experiencing trying financial times; he is busy creating tension amongst militant leaders, when oil production/extraction drops, how will he fund the budget?? By borrowing another #2trillion Naira??

Now foreign/international businesses on Nigerian soil cannot take their money outta the country because of his awkward Foreign exchange policy! As at last 2 months, foreign airlines want to withdraw their presence and focus elsewhere; meanwhile, the same man is asking for foreign investors to come in!!!

He was kicked out by "little" babangida in 1985 because he refused to listen, and now he is about to make the same mistake again!!

May God help him. May God help Nigeria!!!
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
playtheblues:
Where is Shekau? Is anybody trying to arrest him or are they now focusing all their interests on SS?
Yes Nigerian army and the entire intelligence community in the world are looking for him. He is top on the list of most wanted 100 terrorist published by the defence headquaters. Please learn to investigate and gather your facts before making conclusions.
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
skimarvel:
Mention one atrocity this administration has not committed..All in the name of fighting corruption... This their handshake don pass elbow dey extend go cheek!!
If trying to fight corruption is now an atrocity pmb should please commit more atrocities.
Nobody individual is bigger than Nigeria. Why is tompolo running He should go and defend himself in court if he is not corrupt.
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Yorubasgreat(f): 11:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Tearg1:
PMB MUST CRUSH these Miscreants without Mercy!!!!

Without mercy you said, mercy are for those that asked for it.. .as for the miscreants as you so termed it.. ..are not being for anyone's mercy.

They already started delivering in their promise.

FG should open another war front there.. .

Buhari is working grin
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by playtheblues(f): 11:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
I asked a question and you are saying I already jumped into conclusion.

They are looking for him? Where? Have
Reski:
Yes Nigerian army and the entire intelligence community in the world are looking for him. He is top on the list of most wanted 100 terrorist published by the defence headquaters. Please learn to investigate and gather your facts before making conclusions.
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by MissAmaka: 9:38am On Jan 17, 2016
Reski:
If trying to fight corruption is now an atrocity pmb should please commit more atrocities.
Nobody individual is bigger than Nigeria. Why is tompolo running He should go and defend himself in court if he is not corrupt.

why is buhari disobeying court order on Nnamdi kanu and dasuki? so tomopolo should disobeying court order too. if your a leader lead by example
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 17, 2016
MissAmaka:

why is buhari disobeying court order on Nnamdi kanu and dasuki? so tomopolo should disobeying court order too. if your a leader lead by example
Nnamdi Kanu was rearrested on another charge. He should go to court for another bail.
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Obynolee(f): 11:03am On Jan 17, 2016
Tearg1:

Tompolo and his gang were granted amnesty as s special condition for immunity from prosecution by Pres. Umar'ru Yar'Adua....

They accepted it and were rewarded with contracts and financial support...

Militancy is not part of our constitution, therefore no group or individuals has any right to damage Govt. Assets because they have been declared wanted...

Tompolo has uncountable murders to his name, and if he returns back to the Creeks, he should be ready to face the wrath of the federal government...

His immunity and that of any Ex-militant who dares to carry arms against the state Shall be voided...

You can only speak grammar on nairaland,i bet you cannot be heard. With crude oil less than $30,and our foreign reserve $28 billion the worst this government can think is to start any form of war(no matter how little) in the Niger Delta.
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by wordcat(m): 11:36am On Jan 17, 2016
oduastates:

Ode have you taken a look at the federal budget and where most of the money is coming from?
We cannot wait for that day to come

Which budget are you talking about; the one that's missing or the one that needs corrections?
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by prettykatty(f): 11:43am On Jan 17, 2016
na wow ooo..na so we go dey see many things like dis
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Akious2k2(m): 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
qtx:

Bro stop ranting, tompolo is not afraid of death. Do you think a normal human being will challenge a government of a nation? I dont think that guy sends buhari, he will fight , destroy and get to a point where the government forces are about to capture him and he will blow up himself. By that time the harm has already been done, aside several thousands of his kind in the creek to continue. well, that guy seem to know what Buhari doesnt .Government delayed the collection of the warship from him and so on.My thought.
Oga, y u dey compare tompolo 2 Boko Boys... Y do u think Tompolo wants 2 die? @least sum pple say bokoguys are dying 4 virgins... I don't think 'polo is ready 2 die after all d billions given 2 him 4 contracts & amnesty.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
I agree those oil companies have been screwing us over for too long!! angry
Tearg1:
PMB MUST CRUSH these Miscreants without Mercy!!!!
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Litmus: 5:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
What benefit will there be for the communities these " local heroes" are fighting for when the land is furthermore degraded by pollution due to pipeline distruction? How will destroying Nigeria's oil producing capacity help those communities when the price of oil is already at an all time low and set to worsen as Iran returns to oil market?

You know, an argument could be made now for linking Bokoharam to Saudy Arabia sunnism and the militants operating in Delta with Iran Shi'a. For example, one could envisage that by the Nigeria military slautering those Nigerian Shia in the NE , Nigeria won the approval of the Saudi and thus the Saudi cut some of thire sponsorship of Bokoharam.Moreover, Saudi worried that by sponsoring Bokoharam so hard, Nigeria could fall under an Obama darling Iran sphere of influence.

On the other hand, Iran having understood the relationship above, they could be sponsoring delta militants thereby punishing Nigeria and at the same time removing Nigeria's oil capacity from the market thus pushing up the price of oil in the world market.
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by qtx(m): 8:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
Akious2k2:

Oga, y u dey compare tompolo 2 Boko Boys... Y do u think Tompolo wants 2 die? @least sum pple say bokoguys are dying 4 virgins... I don't think 'polo is ready 2 die after all d billions given 2 him 4 contracts & amnesty.
Bros no sane normal man that wants to live will try Buhari's govt when Buhari is not GEJ who takes shit to keep the country going. You think it na. Does such a person intend to leave?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by qtx(m): 8:11am On Jan 18, 2016
Akious2k2:

Sorry its not a comparison, i am saying the country is already at war with many people and many things e.g we are at war with boko haram insurgency, we are at war with Dollar exchange rate, we are at war with the dwindling oil revenue, we are at war with Shiite group coming up, we are at war with some people being investigated for corruption, we are at war with handling budget and knowing whether or not we need to borrow, we are at war with some of his incompetent cabinet members, we cannot keep increasing our enemies of war by adding people like niger delta militants. Buhari is brave we know, but only a wise warrior knows when to advance in war to prove his war prowess or withdraw tactically to plan a strategy. You cannot just enter the war front and confront all enemies all the time thinking you are brave without knowing when to hide and when to advance an attack. The most unfortunate thing that can happen to this country at this point is for the nation to be at war with Niger Delta boy. The government may win at the end of the day, but the country as a whole will suffer but the economy in the process will die more.
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by APCzombie: 11:48am On Jan 23, 2016
Vulu:

THEY WANT YOU TO GET DOWN ON YOUR LAZY ASSES AND STARTING PLANTING COCOA. GO AND PLANT COCOAAAAAAAAAAAAA! E HARD?!!!

WHERE IS APCCRIMESHHD, APCZOMBIE, MAGICBISHOP SEF?

Guy if them no wan plant cocoa nah their kidney dem go sell.

No mind the parasitic sophisticats
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Vulu: 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF GOVERNMENT, GOVERNMENTS SHOULD BE AFRAID OF THEIR PEOPLE.
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by pharmagba: 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
Vulu:
DESTROY ALL THE DAMNED PIPELINES. LET THE DAN FODIANS GO AND PLANT GROUNDNUT AND LET HUNGER BEFALL THE OSUNS WHO HAVE SWORN NEVER TO PLANT COCOA AGAIN IN THEIR LIFETIME. NANSENSE!
Excuse me sir, I think you are mistaken. The oil you mention is from the south south. You've talk about the fate of the north and west, are you technically saying the east are doomed as they have nothing?
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by Vulu: 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
pharmagba:

Excuse me sir, I think you are mistaken. The oil you mention is from the south south. You've talk about the fate of the north and west, are you technically saying the east are doomed as they have nothing?

MR CHEMIST I KNOW THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU HISTORY AND GEOGRAPHY IN YOUR WORTHLESS NIGERIAN SCHOOLS. BUT

1.) THERE ARE IGBOS IN THE SO-CALLED ABOKI CREATED 'SS'. FACT!

2.) CALABAR IS MORE EASTERN THAN ONITSHA BUT WITH YOUR WORTHLESS CHEMIST CERTIFICATE, YOU CHOSE TO SEE FULANI ORCHESTRATED MAP THAT SAYS OTHERWISE. FACT!

3.) WHEN I SAY EAST, I MEAN EVERYLAND AND PEOPLE EAST OF THE NIGER, IGBO, IJAW, EFIKS, OGONI, IBIL, EKAJUK, OGOJA, ORON ETCWHO EXISTED IN TRANQUILITY WHILE YOU MONOETHNIC YORUBA REGION WHERE KILLING THEMSELVES IN THE KIRIJI WARS.

GOOD DAY.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by pharmagba: 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=Vulu post=42556258]

MR CHEMIST I KNOW THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU HISTORY AND GEOGRAPHY IN YOUR WORTHLESS NIGERIAN SCHOOLS. BUT

1.) THERE ARE IGBOS IN THE SO-CALLED ABOKI CREATED 'SS'. FACT!

2.) CALABAR IS MORE EASTERN THAN ONITSHA BUT WITH YOUR WORTHLESS CHEMIST CERTIFICATE, YOU CHOSE TO SEE FULANI ORCHESTRATED MAP THAT SAYS OTHERWISE. FACT!

3.) WHEN I SAY EAST, I MEAN EVERYLAND AND PEOPLE EAST OF THE NIGER, IGBO, IJAW, EFIKS, OGONI, IBIL, EKAJUK, OGOJA, ORON ETCWHO EXISTED IN TRANQUILITY WHILE YOU MONOETHNIC YORUBA REGION WHERE KILLING THEMSELVES IN THE KIRIJI WARS.

GOOD DAY. [/quote
Delusion grandeur classical
We all know south south. Could it be possible the other tribes want their own independent as well
You say other are feeding on the oil and the oil is making you want to associate or want their identity swallowed up in your east. Typical greed
Re: BREAKING News: Chevron, Oil Companies Shutdown As Militants Intensify Bombing by uwantsome: 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
And Nigeria goes down...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. / Rivers Elders Allege Plot To Shift Results Collation To April 2 / Kaduna Residents Groan As Black Marketers Sell Petrol At ₦1,000/Litre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.